Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:49 pm

Post by Empking »

theplague42 wrote:Ok I read through as much as I could and the verdict is.... I am completely confused and disoriented! There are more accusations flying around here than at a Joseph McCarthy speech! I'm going to unvote for now and wait until I see a couple new posts. I'm not really getting any hard reads off of anybody. Seems
mostly like townies squabbling
with scum either flying under the radar
or trying to start arguments that will end nowhere.
So basically, I got nothing.

Unvote
Clarify or say which one you think. (They look like they contradict each other to me.)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:58 pm

Post by vollkan »

ChannelDelibird wrote:
We interrupt your regularly scheduled progamming for a pedantry update.

vollkan, CDB > CBD.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled progamming.
Functionally identical
Zdenek wrote: Absolved from what?
You said:
Zdenek wrote: and as soon as something new came up, I unvoted.
My point is that I don't really care. A crap vote is a crap vote unless you actually
refudiate
repudiate it.
Zdenek wrote: My statement:
Zdenek wrote: And Empking's been in enough games to know that town is just as likely as scum to react to role fishing, most likely even more because scum will probably immediately suspect that they are being baited, so I assumed that wasn't his main motivation.
is not an attack on Empking, and I can't see how it could be interpreted in that manner. All I am saying is that I thought trying to bait scum wasn't was his main motivation for proposing a mass claim.
From that, and the thrust your attack on CBD, the implication is that you think the best explanation for Emp's actions is that he is scum baiting newbtown. Am I wrong?
Zdenek wrote: My vote on CDB is because he blew my RVS vote out of proportion, then he accused me of not considering Empking's possible motivations before posting. Which is just BS, why should I be scared of commenting on something that someone does in RVS, plus if he read my vote, it's clear that a possible motivation of Empking crossed my mind, so this statement is false. Additionally, there is the chance that he simply ignored the possible scum motivations for a mass-claim (for instance, they could have arranged claims pre-game that they think will help them or the baiting town to secure a mislynch) because he already knows Empking's alignment.
I've said my piece on this.

CBD voted you because your vote for Emp ignored the prospect that Emp was baiting. Your response has been to single out the fact that CBD didn't consider a rather silly scum motivation (silly because EVERY single scumhunting action can potentially be explained as scum trying to catch town)
Viral wrote: I was torn between Zd and Emp, but I'm more inclined to believe Zd. Not sure enough to vote at all, but I'm leaning towards Zd being town.
Why are you more inclined to believe Zd? The fact that you think MC is bad has nothing to do with it.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:02 am

Post by Zdenek »

Vollkan wrote: From that, and the thrust your attack on CBD, the implication is that you think the best explanation for Emp's actions is that he is scum baiting newbtown. Am I wrong?
Yes. I've already said that I don't find Empking scummy, and I think Empking was being serious when he proposed the mass claim.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:21 am

Post by theplague42 »

Empking wrote:
theplague42 wrote:Ok I read through as much as I could and the verdict is.... I am completely confused and disoriented! There are more accusations flying around here than at a Joseph McCarthy speech! I'm going to unvote for now and wait until I see a couple new posts. I'm not really getting any hard reads off of anybody. Seems
mostly like townies squabbling
with scum either flying under the radar
or trying to start arguments that will end nowhere.
So basically, I got nothing.

Unvote
Clarify or say which one you think. (They look like they contradict each other to me.)
Sorry for being unclear. I meant that it seems mostly like townies arguing over nothing. The arguments may have been started by scum to distract them from scumhunting. However, scum could also just be sitting under the radar and waiting it out. These are indeed contradictory, which is my point. My two impressions on these arguments conflict with each other, resulting in the statement "I got nothing."
Part of the problem.
tumescence
tumescence
Goon
tumescence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:29 am

Post by tumescence »

I don't find theplague's latest posts scummy. Right now, I want to lynch Bvoigt.

Unvote.
Vote: bvoigt.

Both of his attacks on Viral Maze (nervousness over being voted; fence-sitting) seem forced cliches to me.
=====================
theplague wrote:Out of curiosity, do you find empking scummy?
No. The mass-claim gambit he performed is a nulltell, and I think he's seriously wrong, if he's seriously attacking Zdenek, but he hasn't done anything scummy.
tumescence
tumescence
Goon
tumescence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:32 am

Post by tumescence »

I am going to get called on this, so I might as well mention it: I know that Xdaamno also did the same thing as bvoigt, and I do suspect Xdaamno, only less than bvoigt. Xdaamno's posts give me a townier vibe than bvoigt's do.

I think either Xdaamno or bvoigt is mafia, but probably not both, because I don't think they would so blatantly support each other if mafia.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Xdaamno »

tumescence wrote:I am going to get called on this, so I might as well mention it: I know that Xdaamno also did the same thing as bvoigt, and I do suspect Xdaamno, only less than bvoigt. Xdaamno's posts give me a townier vibe than bvoigt's do.

I think either Xdaamno or bvoigt is mafia, but probably not both, because I don't think they would so blatantly support each other if mafia.
Actually, I sort of agree with the 'fence-sitting' being a not-necessarily-scummy cliche. I just like to push weaker tells in very early game to throw off the scum, which is the only way you can actually get other appreciable tells. In this case I didn't end up with much.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Empking »

Unvote

Vote: Viral
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by bvoigt »

I believe fence-sitting is a scumtell because it allows scum to do what is convenient later in the game. That being said, my case on VM is not set in stone, but it seems reasonable enough to pursue further.

Why does Xdaamno give off a townier vibe than me?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:16 pm

Post by vollkan »

bvoigt wrote: I believe fence-sitting is a scumtell because it allows scum to do what is convenient later in the game. That being said, my case on VM is not set in stone, but it seems reasonable enough to pursue further.
It depends.

It is likely a scumtell if a person uses puff and rhetoric but actually has no opinion expressed.

However, simply not having opinion is not a scumtell.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:51 am

Post by LimMePls »

"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."
-- Joseph Stalin

Vote Count

bvoigt (1)
- tumescence
tumescence (0)
-
theplague42 (0)
-
Viral Maze (4)
- Blood Queen, Xdaamno, bvoigt, Empking
Zdenek (2)
- ChannelDelibird, vollkan
Shattered Viewpoint (0)
-
Leech (1)
- Zdenek
Xdaamno (0)
-
ChannelDelibird (0)
-
Empking (0)
-
Blood Queen (0)
-
vollkan (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (4)
- Viral Maze, Shattered Viewpoint, Leech, theplague42

12 votes available, 7 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is Dec 12, ~7 pm EST

1) Due to the holiday, I will not be doing an activity check at this time. If you feel someone needs a prod, feel free to ask for it.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Blood Queen
Blood Queen
Townie
Blood Queen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:15 am

Post by Blood Queen »

Regarding 1), that applies to me >.< But today is busy as well, so starting sunday, I'll be active again.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:17 am

Post by Empking »

LOet's wagon wagon wagon Viral.
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:06 am

Post by theplague42 »

I'm okay with that. Lots of people are acting scummy in their posts, but I want to see voting reactions when viral is close to a lynch. Please noone lynch him until we have a consensus. We still have two weeks to debate and I don't want to be a part of a mislynch this early into a day.

Vote: Viral Maze
Part of the problem.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:33 am

Post by bvoigt »

theplague42 wrote:I'm okay with that. Lots of people are acting scummy in their posts, but I want to see voting reactions when viral is close to a lynch. Please noone lynch him until we have a consensus. We still have two weeks to debate and
I don't want to be a part of a mislynch
this early into a day.

How do you know it would be a mislynch?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:05 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Hi, I've been a bit busy with the cricket over the last couple of days. I'm gonna reread and decide what I think is the next thing to do.
#greenshirtthursdays
theplague42
theplague42
Mafia Scum
theplague42
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by theplague42 »

bvoigt wrote:
theplague42 wrote:I'm okay with that. Lots of people are acting scummy in their posts, but I want to see voting reactions when viral is close to a lynch. Please noone lynch him until we have a consensus. We still have two weeks to debate and
this early into a day.

A
possible
mislynch. If I were sure that Viral was scum, then I'm sure that not one of us would have reason to not lynch him. Day 1 lynches are mislynches more often than not, and I like to be careful.
Part of the problem.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by vollkan »

Empking wrote:LOet's wagon wagon wagon Viral.
What does "LOet's" mean?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by bvoigt »

theplague42 wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
this early into a day.

A
possible
mislynch. If I were sure that Viral was scum, then I'm sure that not one of us would have reason to not lynch him. Day 1 lynches are mislynches more often than not, and I like to be careful.
Sounds like a reasonable answer.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Viral Maze's last post was November 24th, 2010, 2:41 pm. He last visited November 27th, 2010, 8:43 pm.

VM, why are you lurking? What do you think of the bandwagon on you?
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by LimMePls »

bvoigt wrote:Viral Maze's last post was November 24th, 2010, 2:41 pm. He last visited November 27th, 2010, 8:43 pm.
I'm gonna take this as a subtle way of asking for a prod. Since VM's last post was on November 24th, I will be sending a prod. I will be conducting a full activity check on Monday.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:12 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Viral, I'd like to second bvoigt's questions. I'm also curious, how much mafia have you played?

Mod: I will be V/LA from Monday Nov. 29 to Wednesday Dec. 1
Viral Maze
Viral Maze
Townie
Viral Maze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:36 pm

Post by Viral Maze »

Empking wrote:LOet's wagon wagon wagon Viral.
Because the one on Zd went spectacularly for you and your scum buddies, right? ;)
bvoigt wrote:VM, why are you lurking? What do you think of the bandwagon on you?
I wanted to see what people would do if I didn't open my mouth basically, to see where people were headed (ie. if they actually thought I was scum and force me to L-1). What do I think of the bandwagon? Lol, it sucks, obviously, but it just doesn't even feel like a real bandwagon. Its giving me something to jot down in my notes. Other than that, I really don't see the bandwagon going anywhere (especially not to Lynch).
Zdenek wrote:I'm also curious, how much mafia have you played?
Around 8 games, spread of over the span of about 5-6 months or so.
Viral Maze
Viral Maze
Townie
Viral Maze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:55 pm

Post by Viral Maze »

vollkan wrote:
Viral wrote: I was torn between Zd and Emp, but I'm more inclined to believe Zd. Not sure enough to vote at all, but I'm leaning towards Zd being town.
Why are you more inclined to believe Zd? The fact that you think MC is bad has nothing to do with it.
I just don't get a scum vibe from him at all. I like the play with the innocent until proven guilty mentality, and I get a vibe from Emp. Nothing crazy behind it, just vibes and intuition since I don't have much else to go off of.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Viral, you've played eight games, and you think that the way to get a wagon on you to disperse is to shut your mouth?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”