Mini 1057: Unsubsidized Mafia (Game Over!)

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

@DH - Thanks, I actually rather liked your redtail pick plan in the grand scope of town - it was just bad for me which was why I was playing a bit dumb/annoyed with it.

@Equi - Yeah, but that's the point. I read an article about playing scum better and really the smart play for me was to take the hammer that I wouldn't have been blamed much for. If I'd done that I could have killed...someone and been in lylo, instead I went the smart town play and that opened up more conversation and allowed town to actually talk itself into a situation I was in danger. I probably should have tried to accelerate into lylo - the only problem was I was trying to get redtail into lylo with me since he had given such a null read of himself for everyone to work with.

Sometimes scum spare me for being really stupid too, but I prefer the kitten version ;) But you're right, I do end up dead Day 1-2 an awful lot when town, my beard must scare them.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:14 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

singersigner wrote:
drmyshottyizsik wrote:YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD I'M GLAD I FIGURED THAT OUT!!
No. No you did not figure that out. I'm sorry, but I've gotta hand it to Thor. He's MVP of the game in my book. The rest of town got lucky that they had you to be an idiot at the end like you normally are, but for once it actually worked out for them. Sorry dude, this wasn't your game.
ya um.... HELL NO! I actually read the game and tried. Thor lost! He can't be the MVP DIAF!

Than chevre!
#freeShotty
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:25 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Give it up, shotty. Thor was game mvp regardless whether he lost or not. You did okay.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:35 am

Thanks DH, but MVP's don't loose. I tihnk you shuld be MVP
#freeShotty
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:29 am

Post by Nexus »

Nice one guys.

Sorry I effed up as cop. Luckily the rest of you were awesome.
Trans rights are human rights.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:57 am

Post by Equinox »

Out of curiosity, Thor665, if we'd lynched drmyshottyizsik or redtail896 instead, who would you have killed?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:19 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Shotty - MVPs don't come from losing teams? You live in a world that is different then most sports I know. That said, though I appreciate the lauds I certainly would rather have everyone cursing me for winning then get a nice 'atta boy for effort. Also, to be honest, if you did 'catch me' then I think it was more by luck since towards the end you pretty much voted everyone but yourself at least once. ;)

@Nexus - man, but you would have checked me, so your instincts were apparently spot on. I'm stoked you managed to whiff that (though I was sad you were the cop as you would have been an easy mislynch to arrange)

@Equinox - if you could see the scum QT I'm not sure you'd be that excited at my methods, I mostly sort of random guessed it out of fear and confusion.

Let's see;

First, I probably would have cursed up a blue streak that you had replaced in since you're a more logical player than Far_Cry.

Looking it over, no matter which of shotty/redtail had been lynched I think I would have actually NKed the other one and left the endgame as DH, you, and myself. The reasoning being we all had town reads on each other so it would have been a nice easy playing field for distrust which would have weakened the town. Shotty was too much of a wildcard to want in lylo, and also VIs tend to be useful tools of deduction for town to use. Redtail can also be a pretty logical player (when he posts) and he had actually had decent instincts through most of the game plus I wouldn't have really wanted someone I defended that much joining me in lylo.

There's a chance that if redtail had been lynch I might have NKed you for a DH, shotty, Thor endgame on the hopes that I could argue that I was the obvious mislynch and that one of them was the true suspect - each of them had shown just enough uncertainty that I think I could have fanned that into a mislynch fire. The danger there was that someone (probably shotty) would have just voted me right off, and then when I was obligated to vote him back after a no hammer from DH I would have been counting on managing to convince DH without having shotty also being suspicious of DH which would have been difficult.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:34 am

Post by redtail896 »

Wow. I must admit, I'm surprised.

For the record, I would have been insanely hard pressed to hammer shotty, but also unlikely to lynch Thor. I might've been willing to hit DH.
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:47 am

Post by Nexus »

I was convinced that DH was the last scum.

I had a not guilty on redtail when I died, so I was screaming with annoyance that you were almost lynched.
Trans rights are human rights.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:55 am

Post by singersigner »

Thor665 wrote:All I really learned was that I should have just hammered redtail when I had the chance and claimed it was 'narrowing of suspects'. Instead I had to play calm town and want to let Equi catch up and that allowed that really random let's lynch Thor plan to somehow form up on me. Terrible play on my part.

Apologies to singersinger for not managing the scum win.

Apologies to town for being scum, I hate having to lie that much.
Dude, no apologies necessary. I can't believe you're not furious at me for playing such a shotty D1. Honestly, I was just trying to get you to calm down a bit, because I didn't have time to tell you in the QT that I don't react well to sarcasm, so I wasn't going to appreciate you using it against me in-game. But regardless, it backfired, and all I could do was eff it up as much as possible...kinda worked didn't it? No one knew what reads to believe. I know DH in particular was like, it's all WIFOM! but it didn't work...people still used my last post to talk themselves in circles. IMO. Lol, maybe I'm wrong and only
think
I kind of salvaged my scum play at the end. Haha.

In any case, I should be apologizing to you. If I could've stayed alive just a bit longer, we wouldn't have even needed to worry about more days. I think the game just caught me at a bad time. :(
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Thor665 »

singersigner wrote:Dude, no apologies necessary. I can't believe you're not furious at me for playing such a shotty D1.
You didn't leave me in a great position, but it wasn't totally terrible (other then needing 5 mislynches :cry: )
But if I got angry at the game it wouldn't be a game worth playing, I have fun and you did leave me with an interesting challenge and, honestly, I was pretty sure I was going to win it there towards the end - just didn't quite have everything work out. So, i had fun and at that point there's no need to be angry. Don't sweat it.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:44 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

I agree with thor for mvp. I only considered he might have been scum when he switched to lynching me but even then I would have gone after other people first if I had survived that day.

Also I believe "high noon stuff" should be brought back. It used to be all the rage and it adds drama! Anyone who disagrees is boring.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:50 am

Post by Thor665 »

That was an awkward positional shift to have to make, though I thought I did a decent job justifying it. Still, if town decides they want to lynch an obvious town who is also logical you better believe I'm going to try and get in on that action. ;) I'm pretty sure i held a party for myself in the QT when that happened.

Really, if I had to be angry at anything this game I think it was sapo and Nexus both being role confirmed and me having to waste NKs on them. Both of them were mislynches begging to happen and I was robbed of them and had to try to get to endgame with a stronger town then I preferred.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Any chance we can see the QT?

I enjoyed this game while I was in it, I followed along loosely afterwards. I admit I laughed when I saw Thor's final flip, considering the back and forth Equinox and DH where having. Was that scums last revenge, keeping quiet until the very end?

Either way, good game all. I've been short on town wins lately :)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

Partial scum revenge - I was miffed at how my lynch happened.
Also, I don't drop character till the mod confirms stuff - if something was off in the votes t'would have been uber Thor win...well, until I didn't die from NK.

Scum QT

That thing is probably awkwardly too long considering how many posts are from singersinger.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:30 pm

Post by singersigner »

Thor665 wrote:Partial scum revenge - I was miffed at how my lynch happened.
Also, I don't drop character till the mod confirms stuff - if something was off in the votes t'would have been uber Thor win...well, until I didn't die from NK.

Scum QT

That thing is probably awkwardly too long considering how many posts are from singersinger.
Haha. My favorite was when I still got notifications that you were posting. Probably one of the coolest things I've seen. I'll have to remember that if I'm ever the only surviving scum. It was great to keep up with your thoughts.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:11 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Cheers for jotting down your thoughts as you went. Makes for entertaining reading and puts your behaviour in the game in a new light.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by saporovirus »

WHOAH THOR WAS THE BAD GUY.

craaaazy.
but I love you still

unsanitary999: african earl grey more like a freakin' pearl gay
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:33 pm

Thor do you hate me because of newbie 955?
#freeShotty
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by Thor665 »

No, should I?

I don't hate you at all.
I find your playstyle far less impressive then you do - but that's a far cry from hate.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:54 am

ok, just wondering.
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:56 am

I still want to know what those burrito like promises where...
#freeShotty
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:12 am

Post by nhammen »

Hey guys. Sorry I had to replace out. Grad school has been giving me a really tough time, and then my laptop's hard drive died. Anyways, I'm glad our team won, even after I replaced out. When I saw that shotty replaced me, I felt really bad, but it all worked out. My favorite part is the comment from the scum QT: "nhamman goes away and I get shotty, wonderful scum wet dreams like this don't happen every day." After I got my computer fixed, I checked back about once a week, and if I saw that shotty needed replacing, I would have jumped back in in an instant.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:25 am

Post by nhammen »

Thor665 wrote:@nhamman - but if you want to lynch singersinger for being most scummy why would you try to get an extension so people could lynch Far_Cry?

No whammy, no whammy...

Vote: singersinger
This should have been a clue that you were scum. This was you trying to make it seem like my vote for singer was not something I really wanted to do. And you hammered before giving me a chance to answer. I should have figured it out.
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:28 am

Post by saporovirus »

:( Thor's comments about me make me sad.
but I love you still

unsanitary999: african earl grey more like a freakin' pearl gay

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”