Zachtown in the mountains (Game over TOWN WINS!)

Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:53 am

Post by Baby Spice »

Defends Dry-fit? I voted #1 scumspect not #2 while there was something like two weeks left, how is that scummy?
Thor, check other games. Sotty and I had that hinky=/=scummy in more than one game.
Scummy ideas are scummy ideas and should be pressured, even if the idea is made in error, and Ben's was scummy.
When have I claimed a play-style. Claiming to play to a play-style is faking a meta and faking a meta is scummy. I've voted for that in other games too.

Sotty/Mina is gut pure and simple. I can't point to what seemed fake about it, but it seemed fake.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

You didn't defend Dry-fit, Mongoose did. So your slot is guilty of that.
The play style claim was also from Mongoose, so at least we both agree your slot is scummy.

The hinky thing is to me like those players who go "gosh, that's interesting, isn't it interesting, by the way, it's interesting which has nothing to do with being scummy or towny just generally interesting" You're digging for mud while staying on a fence - I find that interesting and hinky at the same time.

Mostly just scummy though.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:33 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Baby Spice Post 871 wrote:btw Sotty.
I replaced into newbie 1012 at L-1 about 7 hours before deadline for D1 in a game with deadline lynching rules.

Nameloc did it then and it seemed like a good idea to me, and yes Lrdwhy was in some danger I believe.
btw, the two situations aren't even comparable and I still content that slot wasn't going to be lynched any time soon. Fake attempt for protown points is fake. (See what I did there?)
Baby Spice Pot 900 wrote:Sotty/Mina is gut pure and simple. I can't point to what seemed fake about it, but it seemed fake.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak.

Lrd has been replaced, you should be voting.

= = = = =

Ben, is your town read on Baby strictly because you think she is a VI?

= = = = = =
Thor665 Post 899 wrote:I'll ask the mod about it and see if we can cut a deal ;)
Thor! You just claimed scum! You know what this reminds me of? This game, I called you on it there and now you are pulling it again here. Please provide games where TownThor has joked about being scum ASAP.

Babyspice + Thor = game.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Baby Spice »

Have I used the word "interesting".

Hinky: "Something as yet undefinable is wrong, out of place; not quite right." (From a web dictionary.)
: "I've got a bad feeling about this" from a different web dictionary. (Yay, Han Solo moment)
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Benmage »

Sotty7 wrote: Ben, is your town read on Baby strictly because you think she is a VI?
Absurd VI.

That and she's committed no fallacies other than foolishly attack me.

People called this opportunistic somehow...that was the least opportunistic move ever.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

Sotty7 wrote:Please provide games where TownThor has joked about being scum ASAP.
Do you think I actually track what games I make certain types of jokes in?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Sotty7 »

If you can't provide town games I gonna go ahead and assume this is a scum meta tell I have just busted you on.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

Quite frankly I'd be more worried about me if I could provide that info - what do you expect me to do, read through every town game I've ever had looking at every bad joke I've ever made? I'm narcissistic, sure, but even I'm not that excited by myself.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I would think it would be something you would remember off hand honestly. Maybe I will look over your games later, your wiki looks to be reasonably up to date on a quick skim.

I let you talk me down from this tell in the game that just finished. I am not letting you charm your way out of it this time.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by Thor665 »

It's actually the beard that has the charm, not me. Common mistake.

Do you honestly remember all the jokes you tell? If you thought I had that sort of recall why would I, in a game with you, if I was scum, do the exact sort of joke that had you strongly suspect me of being scum? So, at the very least, you have to believe I'm either an idiot scum or am at least honest about not recalling my jokes.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

I suppose that is fair.

...But I am watching you and your beard
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Empking »

Town:
Benmage
I Am Innocent
KaleiÐoscøpe

The Town Side of Null:
Locke Lamora
Sotty
Mina

The Scum Side of Null:
Baby Spice
Mongoose

JasonT1981
Thor665
Nikanor

Leaning Scum:
Elmo - Reading his posts give me a town tell until I think about it and then it seems obvious that he's not really deserving of it. My reason for thinking about him as scum though is his votes during D1P1 that seemed immediately to defend DF before jumping on the DF wagon once it became inevitable. (VC: 8, 12)
Furcolow - Again its the votes. His first vote on DF when there wasn't a DF wagon and when one started to build he jumped off. His later vote looked oppertunistic bussing also. (VC: 7, 9, 11)
Percy - The fact that he has yet to be lynched looks like he's being protected by scum. The players and ways he's been voting also don't look good.

Unvote

Vote; Percy

Wagon

Elmo:
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Empking »

EBWOP
Ignore that "Elmo:" bit at the end.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Mina »

Sotty7 wrote:This game.... I can't decide if this is fun anymore or not. Right now my vote is for no. I'm banging my head against a wall.
Was it something I did? :(

Busy doing something else right now, so I won't answer all the questions directed at me yet. (My God. Should I...should I really respond to Sotty's last wall post with yet another wall post? Or respond to Percy's last post--because, you know, I'm sure a back-and-forth with Percy would be
much
more succinct than one with Sotty. :P Or would that be unnecessary cruelty to the other players?)

But @Benmage: No, sorry. I would rather see Baby Spice lynched today than Percy. Matter of fact, I'm starting to lean town on him again, although I'd still like to poke at him a bit.

I actually agree with Locke's assessment here:
Mina wrote:I'm wavering on Percy, basically because I don't think he's trying to manipulate us enough. WIFOM, I know, but in my experience good scum still play like they have an agenda, and I don't see that from Percy's play.
Furcolow wrote:@MINA When you say "See, it's not that his opinions are contradictory, but that these contradictions don't look emotion-driven." You say it's not that contradictory then it is. How do these two sentences even go together?
No. Your opinions are very, VERY contradictory. I'm still waiting for how you went from "Baaah, your case on Elmo is AWESOME," to "OMG, Lrdwhyt is scummy" to "Percy and Mina are so protown" to "vote: Mina" to "I suspect Lrdwhyt more than Baby Spice" to "vote: Baby Spice," to "Oh, it's a shame that Mina incorrectly suspects me, and Elmo is now town."

My point is that I don't think a shift in opinions
alone
is a scum tell from you. It's that your shifts in opinions don't seem to be driven by the vicissitudes of your emotional Piscean mind (as a side note, please don't get me started on a rant about astrology). A few of your posts felt calculated, as though they were written with an eye on the crowd. It unnerves me, because I got the impression that your play is ordinarily a lot more erratic and impulsive.

I need to read
Brave and the Beautiful
before I make up my mind on you, though.

========================================================
It doesn't seem like anyone is interested in a non-BS lynch, but I still prefer LW's lynch to BS's. I read Sotty's and Percy's arguments on Baby Spice, and I actually found myself nodding along and agreeing with them...but then Baby Spice posted, and it all seemed to make sense in her own little universe. She reminds me a lot of this player from another site who also had these weird theories and gaps in logic as town that drew her a lot of suspicion. Baby is still in the "eh, I don't suppose I'd miss her
too
much, but...." category for me. I dunno, maybe I'll try to find "VI" quotes for Sotty.
Sotty7 wrote:For example, in this game I would probably only actively derail a wagon on Jason or Locke because I have strong town reads here.
I owe you answers to your other questions. But are you saying that right now, if Benmage--or hell, even Percy--was at L-1 and Baby Spice was the second viable wagon, you'd hammer?

(On a side note, funny comment about Ladies Night. I was on the replacement list and followed along, and spent the first couple of days headdesking. "Gah...no no NO! Why are you lynching Paws without a claim? Why the hell are you all mindlessly voting camn? Why is she giving up like that? You people are all idiots!" But then again, the town won there, and I consistently overthink myself into losses, so there you go.)
Sotty7 wrote:Percy I have suspected Nikanor/Thor almost since this game has started. Of course I am going to be down with IAI's pressure of him. Also the more recent pressure has been about forcing Thor to give opinions. I like that, even if I don't like the idea of you and him being linked that much.
Question. What bothered you about Thor
before
his posts today? Just the fact that he replaced Nikanor? I also got a little creeped out on this page by the joke that seemed to imply he was scum, and his attack on Baby Spice this page feels a bit overaggressive, but before that, he looked really genuine and townish to me.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

not really sure I see Thors comments as an actual scum claim... something maybe we could look into down the line... off course it could be sodftclaiming by both Ben & Thor and Im not seeing it.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'd make a joke here but I think it would upset Sotty.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Mina »

Thor665 wrote:I'd make a joke here but I think it would upset Sotty.
Okay, you're still creeping me out.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Mina Post 913 wrote:Busy doing something else right now, so I won't answer all the questions directed at me yet. (My God. Should I...should I really respond to Sotty's last wall post with yet another wall post? Or respond to Percy's last post--because, you know, I'm sure a back-and-forth with Percy would be
much
more succinct than one with Sotty. :P Or would that be unnecessary cruelty to the other players?)
I know I asked you a bunch of questions in my last post but I kinda feel like we are debating different view points rather than actual scumminess. Like I said in our last exchange I think we could probably go on forever like this. I am willing to put an end to the walls if you are.
Mina Post 913 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:For example, in this game I would probably only actively derail a wagon on Jason or Locke because I have strong town reads here.
I owe you answers to your other questions. But are you saying that right now, if Benmage--or hell, even Percy--was at L-1 and Baby Spice was the second viable wagon, you'd hammer?
All things being equal, I wouldn't hammer. But I also wouldn't tear down the wagon and fight it hard if it looked somewhat legit.

I know that sounds kinda lame and conditional, but that's how I feel. It would really depend on how they were run up and by who. I don't think Percy or Ben are confirmed town by any means so I'd speak out and have my vote else where. But I wouldn't be pulling at the foundations of the wagon either.

I feel like I am a key foundation block in the Babyspice wagon that is being attacked by both you and Elmo. With each one of you throwing another player in my face and asking why they aren't as scummy as Baby. Maybe I am just over reacting but it's starting creep me out a little. Paranoia is kicking in.

I know all three of you can't be scum, but it is starting to feel like that at times.
Mina Post 913 wrote:Question. What bothered you about Thor before his posts today? Just the fact that he replaced Nikanor? I also got a little creeped out on this page by the joke that seemed to imply he was scum, and his attack on Baby Spice this page feels a bit overaggressive, but before that, he looked really genuine and townish to me.
Pretty much the fact he replaced Nikanor. I was keeping an eye on him, but I agree he seemed townie. The scum claim brings my suspicion of that player slot flooding back to me though.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:18 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Mina wrote:Okay, you're still creeping me out.
As in you think it's a scum tell? Or is creepy=interesting=hinky?
While you're at it, please refer to jason's post and tell me that didn't deserve a joke to be made immediately after it. Ben and I are softclaiming? :?

@Emp - no response to my BS case? You asked for it for a reason yes, I like to feel special and responded to - it keeps me feeling important.
Also, is your Percy case really - he's scummy, he hasn't been lynched, so scum must be preventing the lynch? Couldn't that just as easily be redefined as the case isn't that good and scum are not pushing it through because they don't want to be on it? Your conclusion is not the only one available from the evidence. What do you think is the crowning part of the Percy case that makes him deserving of a lynch because he's clearly scum?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Empking wrote:Furc: Would you mind giving me a summary of the game so far?
Thor: What's the case on babyspice?
Well, we had a pretty good lynch on Dry-Fit. I felt like he tried to implicate people as a ploy somewhat, and at a point had me convinced he wasn't scum by feigning inactivity the way Percy is doing. Do all scum do this? I'm not really sure on Percy being scum... I feel gut on him being town. Sorry to go off on a tangent. Anyways, I started getting hated on by RedCoyote, so I pushed his lynch (which was stupid). When he flipped town, I realized I need to sort of sit back, sheep votes, and try to lynch scum with people I feel are town. What I mean to say is, I want to win as a town which means not picking who we lynch.

unvote;
vote: baby spice

*crosses fingers*
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by Furcolow »

I feel like losing BS isn't a big deal
I expect the town to lynch me before LyLo because I'm not as dumb as I used to be.
Hell, the mafia might even kill me.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Final Vote Count of D2 P1

Baby Spice - 7 (Sotty7, Thor665, JasonT1981, Benmage, I Am Innocent, Percy, Furcolow)
Empking - 3 (Locke Lamora, Elmo, Mina)
Percy - 2 (KaleiÐoscøpe, Empking)

Not Voting: (Baby Spice)

If I made any mistakes please politely point them out and I will correct them.

Deadline for Day 2 is Monday, December 6 at 8am CST

With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:09 pm

Post by Elmo »

Meh, middle of writing a post, but I can't really complain; should probably kill someone at this point.
I don't think this was a good wagon, hopefully we lucked it. (shrug)
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:13 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

The town decides that it's Baby Spice's turn to test their special trap door device. She is lead by pitchfork point by the town being forced onto the contraption with a mile long fall below. What quickly becomes apparent is that Baby Spice is one of those dratted mafia, as she tries to bargain her way out with an offer to join the town. The town deliberates that... for a few seconds before saying... NAH. The town quickly decides that since Baby Spice is not one of them they can't trust her. She is driven to tears at the thought of her own demise, and as the button for the trap door is pressed, she screams, but the noise becomes fainter and fainter after a clean fall through the trap door. No doubt the thud when she finally hit the ground was sickening, but no one on the mountaintop could hear, for it was too far away and them too busy celebrating another scum killin.

Baby Spice
(Mafia Goon)
Lynched day 2 phase 1

Vote count will be reset for Phase 2

Not Voting: (Sotty7, Thor665, JasonT1981, Benmage, I Am Innocent, Percy, Furcolow, Locke Lamora, Elmo, Mina, KaleiÐoscøpe, Empking)

Deadline for Day 2 is Monday, December 6th at 8am CST

With 12 alive it's still 7 to lynch
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by Mina »

Okay, if anyone dares to vote for Percy
now
, I'm reaching through the computer monitor and strangling you.

Goddamn, I wish I'd finished the post I was writing before the flip. I was going to ask Kaleidoscope for his read on Baby Spice vs. Lrdwhyt.

Sotty is cleared. Thor is 90% cleared. I think the suspect pool at this point is me, Kaleidoscope, Empking, Furcolow, and Elmo--but to be honest, I'm even wavering on Furcolow because his reaction to hammering looked genuine.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”