ATHF Mafia OVER(roles and whatnot revealed)

GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

I read Zdenek's post as intent to hammer when the time came. Saying you won't let deadline pass without a lynch and having someone be at L-1 with a few days left until deadline is nothing more than playing the waiting game. The intent is there unless the pressure can be shaken. But at this point, the pressure is often not shaken without something drastic.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Zdenek »

GhostWriter wrote:I read Zdenek's post as intent to hammer when the time came. Saying you won't let deadline pass without a lynch and having someone be at L-1 with a few days left until deadline is nothing more than playing the waiting game. The intent is there unless the pressure can be shaken. But at this point, the pressure is often not shaken without something drastic.
I asked you a question in that same post. I'd still like you to answer it.

Mod: when is the deadline? Will there be an extension considering that two players, Zinive and Butterfly, have essentially not contributed?

Anyway, I'm not requesting a claim yet.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by Seacore »

@GW, fair enough, under that premise I'd accept a claim at L-1
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by Seacore »

Actually, we're only half way through our 3 week Day 1, so I change that, I don't accept a claim under Zdenek's "will hammer at deadline" post.

Day 1 started 16 Nov, + 3 weeks, Day 1 will end 7 Dec

That's 11 days away. So until somebody is at L-1, and another person is holding the hammer, no claiming.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:20 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Zdenek wrote:
GhostWriter wrote:I read Zdenek's post as intent to hammer when the time came. Saying you won't let deadline pass without a lynch and having someone be at L-1 with a few days left until deadline is nothing more than playing the waiting game. The intent is there unless the pressure can be shaken. But at this point, the pressure is often not shaken without something drastic.
I asked you a question in that same post. I'd still like you to answer it.

Mod: when is the deadline? Will there be an extension considering that two players, Zinive and Butterfly, have essentially not contributed?

Anyway, I'm not requesting a claim yet.
^scum

And when Fate demands a claim, Fate gets a claim. Understand?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:47 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Just listen guys.
It's okay.
We just need a place for the little birdies to put their foots.
And look at all the happy little things that will happen!

Happy little clouds...
Happy little skies...

Hooray!

...I think that I'm going to bed now.
But you needed to know.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:52 am

Post by VibeBox »

I view Day 1 as primarily an information gathering exercise. My primary goal is to get as much of a read on as many people as possible. Implosion hadn't really pinged my scumdar during reread, but his recent posts have indeed been bad. Coupled with the fact that my strongest Town read thinks it's a good avenue of inquiry I am inclined to lend him my support, and hopefully in the process move implosion out of the ??? category one way or the other. (It also gives me a chance to see how Fate acts with more blind votes behind him) An implosion votes seems a sufficient info gathering action, prompting me to go for it since I didn't have any more promising alternatives in mind. (As I said, I am caught up, but have only begun analysis)
I feel no need for my vote to be restricted to players I already think are scummy.
"There is no royal road to science, and only those who do not dread the fatiguing climb of its steep paths have a chance of gaining its luminous summits"
-Karl Heinrich Marx
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:58 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Mod, where are our replacements? These guys needed to be replaced like, from the very start. :|
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Hey, mkayy.... if we could all get together and vote seacore or GW that would be great... kayy?

ok, great then...

so then ill be waiting for your votes, kay?

ok then, greaaat
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE
– Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrated Thursday. And yes I am totally claiming the role of Turketron right now [/off sarcasm]

ATTENTION Implosion
– Not having a recent VC I’m not sure if you are at L-2 or L-1 and don’t really care to go back and reconstruct a VC. See below for further thoughts on why you are scum. If you are at L-1 I am prepared to hammer you. Claim if that situation is correct. I see no reason to draw out the process when you look pretty scummy.

At this stage I’m all for Vibe / Implosion swinging today (as prior posts and later comments in this post reinforce). I have a couple of other scum reads I think I’ll put in my back pocket for the moment.
Podium wrote:Vibebox's analysis was ok... but i am less than impressed with his conclusions.
Other than disliking being called scum any reasoning behind this. Results quality should generally follow analysis quality so I’m not sure I’m not seeing anything but a self-serving fluff here.

@Podium
– You ask Vibe to clarify his read on you. He ignores that request with his little song and dance at 458. Your reaction is to call of GW or Seacore votes? Umm, what? Not an ounce of pressure towards Vibe?
Seacore wrote:I've seen scum claim to be experimenting with a new style, apologise and then try to play nice. Then they flip scum, hey MoI?
Aside from the ongoing game concerns this makes me laugh. Because you obviously couldn’t have been more wrong LOL.
Implosion wrote:This post was talking about VV, and I now realize that I really wasn't thinking straight when I wrote this.
Yes indeed it was about VV but the thrust is of the statement was pretty compelling – you didn’t think any correct thinking Town player could come to the conclusion that VV did (that Podium was Town). You came as close as possible to calling VV scum without outright saying it.

Whammo – suddenly a little later in the thread both Podium and VV are Town.

Your excuse about not thinking straight is at best weak. The whipsaw in your opinions on two players from Scum reads to suddenly Town reads is jarring to my sensibilities.
Implosion wrote:If you think he's bussing, then why would he put me in the ??? category?
Horrible point. He’s possibly bussing you for jumping onto your wagon for craptastic reasons (I’ll sheep a Townread despite having Scum-reads). Putting you in the ??? category allows him to back of much easier later if your wagon dissolves. Which is what scum want to do when bussing partners.
Vibe wrote:Since Fate is by far my strongest Town read, and implosion is on my ??? list, I'm going to Vote: implosion.
Hopefully Friday I can comb through things I had marked "of interest" in my notes, and provide analysis.
HOW ARE YOU PEOPLE NOT VOTING FOR THIS GUY
. The later argument that he doesn’t feel he has to vote for ‘scummy’ reads is so craptastic I can’t comprehend it.

Vibe is doing everything he can to absolve himself from any responsibility for actually having an opinion.
Vibe wrote:I don't really have anything to say about the issue of the "clarity" of my reasoning until post-game.
I mainly just wanted to quote you chastising me for providing reads.
So you don’t want to actually discuss your in-game play until post-game? Ok, that’s new. Not going to ignore your play for this reason but I appreciate the unique spin.

And I love the mis-rep. I’m not chastising your for providing reads but for providing reads that looks concocted not from actual scum-hunting but formed to appeal to popular opinion.
Vibe wrote:Fun Fact: Words can mean different things in different contexts! :teach:
Fun fact – flippant responses that don’t address the original statement are Tech.

You used cute in the exact same context I did – please don’t try to dismiss your usage as proper and Town oriented but mine as scummy. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Vibe wrote:And unlike Podium, I've only had a handful of posts.
So if you lurk or active lurk that absolves you from any sort of scum-hunting?
Vibe wrote:So? Shouldn't you be happy to have reads when half the players weren't even posting?
Look it’s the Nine year old defense. “Why are giving me a hard time about INSERT BEHAVIOR HERE, those guys over there are worse”. Other players flaking from the game does not mean your craptastic, content free reads are suddenly gold.
Vibe wrote:Everyone here is hiding something. I cannot help that not being 100% transparent is considered scummy by some (stupid) people.
Yes, because the gap between what you were doing and 100% transparency was that razor thin. :roll:
Vibe wrote:Not sure where this snark came from. You struck me as a better player than this up until now.
This was addressed to GhostWriter but I want everyone to see the inconsistency here –

Vibe has claimed to put on an abrasive playstyle for the first part of the game yet here is equating someone using a snarky attitude in a post as sub-standard play.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Fate »

Implosion, your claim is being demanded.

If you are town, claiming now gives us ample time to discuss it.

There are no excuses.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by podium123456 »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Podium wrote:Vibebox's analysis was ok... but i am less than impressed with his conclusions.
Results quality should generally follow analysis quality so I’m not sure I’m not seeing anything but a self-serving fluff here.
Perhaps you missed where vibebox chose to vote for a ??? read over a scum read. That was the conclusion that i was referring to.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Podium
– You ask Vibe to clarify his read on you. He ignores that request with his little song and dance at 458. Your reaction is to call of GW or Seacore votes? Umm, what? Not an ounce of pressure towards Vibe?
I forgot i asked him that. Thanks.

Vibe, why am i still scummy.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Implosion is currently at L-2... so don't claim unless there are 2 people willing to hammer.

Besides... why lynch the bumbling VI, when you can lynch real liar GW or sneaky scum seacore? :?:
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Fate »

Don't fucking start with me Podium. If Implosion claims we'll have all the CONTENT we need and can go a different direction if we want.

Running players up this high for legitimate reasons then letting it stall out due to XXXX is just goddamn bad play.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by implosion »

I'll claim if it gets to L-1 with a willing hammerer, and not earlier. If you're trying to rush it, I have no idea why... there's still well over a week until the deadline. As far as I can tell, there aren't enough people willing to vote me right now to warrant a claim. I'd still (obviously) rather lynch Seacore.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:52 pm

Post by Fate »

Do you want a week of lynching Seacore and discussing your claim OR another week in no-man's land where we can't get the final push we need, until your claim comes 2 hours from deadline and there's no choice but to lynch you?

CLAIM NOW FOR THE GOOD OF TOWN, OR DIE AS ANTI-TOWN.

I'm not asking again.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

IF WE WAIT A WEEK WE'RE LYNCHING YOUR ASS.
IN A WEEK, WE'LL HAVE ZDENEK FOR THE L-1 AND MAGNA FOR THE HAMMER.
SO CLAIM NOW OR DIE.

GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Implosion, just do it. Might as well get this out of the way now. At least I'll still be awake for what's to come from it.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Ghost, can you put him to L-1? Then we'll meet his arbitrary conditions.

podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Dont claim unless there are people willing to hammer. Unnecessary claims are christmas presents to scum.

It's very easy to find out if there are people willing to hammer.

Are there 2 people willing to hammer? If there aren't, then we need to go a different direction.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by implosion »

;_;

I'm Master Shake. Mason with Ghost. And also a flavor cop (I can investigate to find what character someone is, I think).
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:11 pm

Post by podium123456 »

wait a minute....
GhostWriter wrote:Implosion, just do it. Might as well get this out of the way now. At least I'll still be awake for what's to come from it.
Yet earlier, when asked why he wasn't voting implosion, he said:
GhostWriter wrote:Because he's not scum.
...so he thinks one of his non-scum reads should go ahead and claim. :roll:

But hey... let's continue to ignore GW's scummy behavior and trainroll the VI.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:11 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Podium should have hit preview before posting.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:11 pm

Post by podium123456 »

HOLY GOD.

THIS TOWN FAILS SO BAD.

IMPLOSION INCLUDED.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by implosion »

podium123456 wrote:HOLY GOD.

THIS TOWN FAILS SO BAD.

IMPLOSION INCLUDED.
QFT
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

I, of course, know Implosion is not scum because I am not scum and asked the mod if I could be certain of his alignment. I pushed for the claim because I figured it was Implosion's best chance of not dying.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”