Newbie 1027: Trick or Treat! [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:13 pm

Post by Neruz »

Well from my PoV i'm already fairly sure i've found one :P

And that's why i said the chance was reasonable, it's by no means certain that both scum were on the Gude wagon, but i would say, based on my past experience, that the chance is large enough to be worth considering, if not the most likely outcome.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:18 pm

Post by Thor665 »

You've found nothing until the flip. Considering secondary suspects prior to the flip is something I consider far less worthwhile then PoE as a scumhunting tool.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:43 pm

Post by Neruz »

Did i say i was certain i've found scum? No. I said i was fairly sure. Bad Thor, stop jumping to conclusions.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:29 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count

[L-2] parknourie - (Neruz, chkflip)

[L-3] ooBAZZoo - (Thor665)
[L-3] chkflip - (parknourie)
[L-3] Thor665 - (ooBAZZoo)

[2]
Not Voting
- (andrew94, Packbat)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Prods & Replacements

Whoa! ooBAZZoo has been prodded!

parknourie prod is available by request.

Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:40 am

Post by chkflip »

How do you guys not realize parknourie is trying to float through this phase?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:54 am

Post by Neruz »

The fact that Bazz has come to the realisation that he needs to reconsider his town sticky on Park is a good sign.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:55 am

Post by Neruz »

And by Bazz i mean Thor because i am tired.
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she, they, ze/zir

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:01 am

Post by Packbat »

Thor665 wrote:What are your guys opinions of Maniamax? I'm currently town on everyone but him and BAZZ, how would you two feel about a Maniamax/Packbat lynch? (this should also help light a fire under him to finish catching up ;) )
Not really - I'm taking as long as I am to catch up because I'm being thorough and because I've got other things on my plate, not because I don't feel pressure. (Progress report: I've finished page 9 - I plan to knock out through page 12 this evening.)
Neruz #570 wrote:
andrew94 wrote:@chkflip, day1 day1 day1 day1 day1.
For the love of god stop being rediculously obtuse and just link the damn post, or quote it, or do something fucking
useful
for once in your pathetic existance you call a life.
This rather crosses the line into personal abuse - just because andrew94 is playing the game like a crackhead on meth doesn't mean he
is
Neruz #573 wrote:
Thor665 wrote:I also don't have a particular case on Mania to show you - my case is one of PoE (process of elimination) I remove possible suspects from various pools and look at what I have left. Not every play makes scumslips, but if enough players make actions that show they are town then the remainder has to be scum. I still would rather prefer a BAZZ lynch today, but with two of you so strongly opposed it's not likely to happen. Meanwhile I am pretty strong against the park lycnh, so what I'm doing is trying to find a player I think is scummy enough to lynch and who can also have multiple players agree upon.
This seems like a really bad way to conduct a scumhunt, especially considering there isn't exactly a dearth of tells from most players in the game. I can't precisely put my finger on why this seems like a bad way to scumhunt, so i could be wrong, but something about it just doesn't seem right.
The problem with PoE is that you need a heck of a lot more evidence to rule out every single other candidate than to confirm
one
candidate - something like five times, by my estimate.* I personally hate town reads
always
- sometimes I can't help but feel like someone is town, but I have yet to see a game where at least one player doesn't declare a mafia slot to be town.

* If someone wants me to write out the mathematics of the proof, feel free to ask.
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:40 am

Post by Thor665 »

Packbat wrote:The problem with PoE is that you need a heck of a lot more evidence to rule out every single other candidate than to confirm
one
candidate - something like five times, by my estimate.* I personally hate town reads
always
- sometimes I can't help but feel like someone is town, but I have yet to see a game where at least one player doesn't declare a mafia slot to be town.
And I have yet to see a game where someone didn't call a town player scum. Also, consider that I do use scumtells - I just am not using them here. It's best to use both.

@chkflip - if lurking = scum then you should be willing to consider Maniamax/Packbat more then you have. I will agree I'd like to see more from parknourie but you just wailing about how he hasn't posted in a while is not really that insightful or helpful.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:45 am

Post by andrew94 »

errr neruz, if you look at my day1 posts, you could see i was interested in this game.
however, the huge number of replacements basically ***** me up.

for example:
neruz says: dude im NOT huntman, so i can do whatever i like (great, all previous town actions by hunt just went down the drain)
mania doesnt do crap and his replacement gets a so called 'free pass' until he does something scummy. DIFINE SCUMMY PLEASE NERUZ. if his scum, hes not gonna do something scummy now that you have said it.
guderian says: yea your points are valid, but i really didnt see preview edit, and yes i did want to prod maniamax, so what? and i wasnt sheeping thor ffs.

thor: reasonable person
park: i had a town read earlier on day1 but now hes just lurking = =
bazz: totally ignores my case on him (or maybe he just said: i think thor is scum, so i vote for him, (i dont think starting a 3rd wagon on day1 and trying to push for a 3rd claim is scummy)

chklfip: day 1 - comes in game thinks park is scum (puts him on hot seat) + he admitted not looking at any other players. dude iso's are meant to make people scummy because you dont know what people said/did around him. then sees park is not gonna get lynched- goes after bigger wagon of guderian. basically hes just taking gud's points against chkflip/park and saying how bs it is with a lot of allusions.
day 2- i tell him that. he just basically says 'SO WHAT, I DONT THINK ITS SCUMMY'

vote chkflip
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:30 am

Post by parknourie »

chkflip wrote:How do you guys not realize parknourie is trying to float through this phase?
Apparently, I'm back.
No need to prod me.
If your initial reasoning against me were good enough, you wouldn't have to mention my active lurking (so what they call it) to gain town's suspicion on me.
If my lurking was suspicious, more people have gotten on my bandwagon, seems like your initial case sucked and what you are doing right now is close to flailing.
Sex and Golf are Two Things You Can Enjoy Without Being Very Good At It.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
ooBAZZoo
ooBAZZoo
Goon
ooBAZZoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:41 am

Post by ooBAZZoo »

Hey. Apologies for my absence, been really busy with work.
I'm eager to see how Packbat reads the game so far. A fresh perspective could be useful.

---
andrew94 wrote:bazz: totally ignores my case on him
Did you read my post #442 (page 18 if you did miss it)? I'd consider that a reasonable response to your rather limited case against me. Would you like me to elaborate on any of this? Are there any other points against me you would like me to respond to? (since my #442 you haven't posted anything new, or infact any counter response).

---

I do find Chk reasonably scummy, but need to do a re-read (have been/am busy though, but will try and do that soon).
The thing that jumps out the most about him is his opportunism, on both the Gude mislynch, and the Park wagon today (both have been repeatedly addressed by Chk, so no need for him to respond again).
Whilst the opportunism reads scum, he was called up on his opportunism regarding his Gude vote, so I'm thinking he'd have to be pretty bad at playing as scum to jump straight into D2 and make the same mistake again (with his Park vote); so not sure on this.

---

My vote is still on Thor, and to me he is still our best option for the lynch. If you haven't already, I think everyone needs to evaluate their read on him.
As well as finding him scummy (for reasons I've stated before, will link/repeat them if needed), I also think we'd learn alot from his flip.
x
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by Thor665 »

What would you learn from my flip?
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by Neruz »

Well we'd learn what alignment you are, and your role too.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Hai Neruz - you aren't BAZZ. If you really want to answer wait till after he does. Thank you.
ooBAZZoo
ooBAZZoo
Goon
ooBAZZoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by ooBAZZoo »

Of the players alive, I'd say you've had the most interaction with others, which is key to ruling people out, or finding them more suspicious, in the light of the flip.
If, for example, we lynch the Maniamax/Packbat slot we'd be far more in the dark going into D3.
This is, by all means, of secondary importance to me actually finding you scummy, but its something worth considering.
x
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Thor665 »

That's all very exciting without saying anything.

No, seriously, you brought it up - what would you learn about other players if I flipped scum? What if I flip town?

If you'd like to backtrack I want it to be a bit more obvious, so feel free to just withdraw the comment if you can't answer it. I really don't think believing I'm a better lynch because I am actively interacting with all of the other players is a good basis to discern anything except that (and here's a leap) I'm actively scumhunting (or at least faking it better then everyone else is doing it).
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by chkflip »

parknourie wrote:
chkflip wrote:How do you guys not realize parknourie is trying to float through this phase?
Apparently, I'm back.
No need to prod me.
If your initial reasoning against me were good enough, you wouldn't have to mention my active lurking (so what they call it) to gain town's suspicion on me.
If my lurking was suspicious, more people have gotten on my bandwagon, seems like your initial case sucked and what you are doing right now is close to flailing.
- And this is you, providing nothing new, and still floating along like the turd you are. You'll get flushed, no doubt in my mind. As far as my "poor case" goes? I'm piling your lack of doing anything on top of everything else.

@Thor:
- See what I mean? This is beyond "poor play" as you said it was before.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by Neruz »

Looking at an ISO of park, i also notice that he hasn't really done anything to defend himself, at least not specifically. He has made no attempt to counter any of the points i or chkflip have brought up, in fact all he has done is reiterate that he thinks chkflip is buddying with me. He hasn't tried to explain the contradiction or indeed do anything town at all, instead he's just gone dark in what appears to be the hope that it will slide off him.

Seriously, i would expect a town player in his position to at least attempt to defend himself, not just hide in the shadows and hope it all goes away, which is what he seems to be doing at the moment.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Unvote: BAZZ
Vote: parknourie

I actually rather agree with Neruz's last post (less so with chkflip's, since really all he and park are doing is going back and forth slapping at each other, but - meh) If chkflip is town then park is much more likely to be scum. Also, the length of time that wagon has gone on without getting a 3rd vote on it is a worthwhile mystery to explore.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by Neruz »

About bloody time park got to L-1
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by Neruz »

Wait, you forgot the @@'s :P
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by chkflip »

- Is that a joke, Thor? I said the exact same thing Neruz just said... he was just a bit nicer and more eloquent about it.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@@Unvote: BAZZ
@@Vote: parknourie

Stupid ampersands.

Chk, actually it wasn't a joke. Where Neruz got me was the comment of total lack of defense, which is a bit different then the less specific 'floating along' you used. Also, yes, your rudeness did turn me off from really paying attention to your posting.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by Neruz »

It's important to try and be polite and coherant when you're trying to convince someone of something. This is a lesson andrew has apparantly yet to learn.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”