Consulmaker II: the Pyrrhic War - Game over.

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by SensFan »

Probably won't be agreeing to a Reck lynch today.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Nathanael
Nathanael
Goon
Nathanael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:53 pm

Post by Nathanael »

guys (parama), I guess everyone can multivote, as this are PSEUDO-votecounts. but what's the point of multi-voting? does it help you catch scum? no, so stop it.
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:11 pm

Post by ribwich »

SensFan wrote:
ribwich wrote:What happened to "I will not allow the execution of Jack or ribwich"?
Partly what Parama said. Partly I realized that you've been much more scummy than Jack.
Mostly that I don't think its in the Town's best interests for you to continue making the decisions on who is Consul, if you happen to be Consulmaker.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole point of this pseudo vote thing to get an idea of who everyone wants executed? What's the point of having a vote on someone that you don't actually want executed today?

I would ask you to explain how I'm scummier than Jack, but it really doesn't even matter. It'll be obvious by tomorrow that I'm the real consulmaker and that he's lying scum.

And the fact that you're more interested in getting rid of the consulmaker instead of scum just because I don't want consuls that will abuse their power makes me all the more confident in my decision to never let you be consul again.
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:28 pm

Post by SensFan »

ribwich wrote:
SensFan wrote:
ribwich wrote:What happened to "I will not allow the execution of Jack or ribwich"?
Partly what Parama said. Partly I realized that you've been much more scummy than Jack.
Mostly that I don't think its in the Town's best interests for you to continue making the decisions on who is Consul, if you happen to be Consulmaker.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole point of this pseudo vote thing to get an idea of who everyone wants executed? What's the point of having a vote on someone that you don't actually want executed today?

I would ask you to explain how I'm scummier than Jack, but it really doesn't even matter. It'll be obvious by tomorrow that I'm the real consulmaker and that he's lying scum.

And the fact that you're more interested in getting rid of the consulmaker instead of scum just because I don't want consuls that will abuse their power makes me all the more confident in my decision to never let you be consul again.
First of all, you're right. I wouldn't vote you if I wasn't comfortable in having you executed.

Second of all, stop talking about yourself like you're confirmed Consulmaker. There's a higher chance you're Scum than anyone else other than Jack. And if we're going to gamble, it's going to be on you. If we mess up and hit JackTown, we lost a very good consulmaker. If we mess up and hit ribTown, we gain a competent consulmaker.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:22 pm

Post by ribwich »

I'm not talking like I'm confirmed consulmaker. I'm talking like someone that's going to be confirmed tomorrow when the consuls get chosen the way I said they would. Taking the gamble on Jack or me would be the worst move you could make. There is absolutely no reason to want to execute either of us when tomorrow it will be confirmed which of us is lying.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:54 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Jack wrote:Nominate Xreck for the "if we get deadlocked" lynch.
I would not like this at all :(
green shirt thursdays
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:33 am

Post by dramonic »

A lurker lynch on day 1?

On my wuv?

fuck no <<
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:18 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Pseudo-vote: Katsuki
Pseudo-vote: horrordude
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:19 am

Post by SensFan »

ribwich wrote:I'm not talking like I'm confirmed consulmaker. I'm talking like someone that's going to be confirmed tomorrow when the consuls get chosen the way I said they would. Taking the gamble on Jack or me would be the worst move you could make. There is absolutely no reason to want to execute either of us when tomorrow it will be confirmed which of us is lying.
You do realize that as soon as you (even if you're telling the truth) get executed, another confirmed Town pops up, right?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:21 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

SensFan wrote:
ribwich wrote:I'm not talking like I'm confirmed consulmaker. I'm talking like someone that's going to be confirmed tomorrow when the consuls get chosen the way I said they would. Taking the gamble on Jack or me would be the worst move you could make. There is absolutely no reason to want to execute either of us when tomorrow it will be confirmed which of us is lying.
You do realize that as soon as you (even if you're telling the truth) get executed, another confirmed Town pops up, right?
Yeah, but towns win mafia games based upon their numbers.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Nathanael
Nathanael
Goon
Nathanael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:45 am

Post by Nathanael »

EXECUTE: SensFan!

Spoiler: ...
yes, I know he is unlynchable. I just wanted to draw attention to how scummy he is.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:50 am

Post by SpyreX »

Abrasive != scummy.

I've got good feelings all over about Sens being town.

Not that I agree with killing one of the two as its panned out TODAY (especially when there's others so deserving)
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:52 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

SpyreX wrote:Abrasive != scummy.

Not that I agree with killing one of the two as its panned out TODAY (especially when there's others so deserving)
I also have a town read on Sens.
What's your read on dramonic, aka my super fantastic scummy lover?
green shirt thursdays
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:58 am

Post by SpyreX »

He's on the short list at the mo'. Not of the same level as DERP but I need some bite.

(P.S. you too)
Show

Proud member of BaM
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:04 am

Post by ribwich »

SpyreX wrote:Abrasive != scummy.

It's not the abrasiveness that makes me think he's scummy. It's the fact that he tried to get us to use a plan that would involve having confirmed scum as consul tomorrow, and when that didn't work he tried to get Jack to be a tribune.
Nathanael
Nathanael
Goon
Nathanael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Nathanael »

SensFan wrote:
I will not allow an execution of either claimed Consulmaker to go through today.
SensFan wrote:I'm not willing to take a 50-50 shot today, and risk killing a confirmable PR, when we can ensure we get a 100% lynch of the liar on D3. Yes, I have a way to figure out which of them is lying by D3. No, I don't think its best to divulge it until just before we execute someone today.
SensFan wrote:
Vote: rib; Vote: Kat
SensFan wrote:Second of all, stop talking about yourself like you're confirmed Consulmaker. There's a higher chance you're Scum than anyone else other than Jack. And if we're going to gamble, it's going to be on you. If we mess up and hit JackTown, we lost a very good consulmaker. If we mess up and hit ribTown, we gain a competent consulmaker.
SensFan wrote:You do realize that as soon as you (even if you're telling the truth) get executed, another confirmed Town pops up, right?
someone tell me how this is not a blatant contradiction.
Sens, what exactly changed?
How can you be so sure ribwich is the right choice over Jack (whom you even wanted as consul)?

Damn, why is my top scumread exactly the one we can't lynch today?

PS: have we already made the lists for the two consulmakers to choose from? we should do it like this:
one consulmaker makes two lists in a simple
random
way. the other chooses
randomly
between the two lists.
that way scum has minimal influence on the lists, as at least one of the two has to be town (and if not, the third consulmaker is quite free with his choices, as he can choose one player per list.)
it is very important that if you are town you make your decision in a random way.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:07 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I really like Nathanael's idea.
green shirt thursdays
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:13 am

Post by ribwich »

We already agreed on I'll take evens and Jack will take odds, but I actually like that idea better if Jack wants to do it.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:17 am

Post by SensFan »

Nathanael wrote:
SensFan wrote:
I will not allow an execution of either claimed Consulmaker to go through today.
SensFan wrote:I'm not willing to take a 50-50 shot today, and risk killing a confirmable PR, when we can ensure we get a 100% lynch of the liar on D3. Yes, I have a way to figure out which of them is lying by D3. No, I don't think its best to divulge it until just before we execute someone today.
SensFan wrote:
Vote: rib; Vote: Kat
SensFan wrote:Second of all, stop talking about yourself like you're confirmed Consulmaker. There's a higher chance you're Scum than anyone else other than Jack. And if we're going to gamble, it's going to be on you. If we mess up and hit JackTown, we lost a very good consulmaker. If we mess up and hit ribTown, we gain a competent consulmaker.
SensFan wrote:You do realize that as soon as you (even if you're telling the truth) get executed, another confirmed Town pops up, right?
someone tell me how this is not a blatant contradiction.
Sens, what exactly changed?
How can you be so sure ribwich is the right choice over Jack (whom you even wanted as consul)?

Damn, why is my top scumread exactly the one we can't lynch today?
It's absolutely a contradiction.
I've explained about 5 times what has changed. Try reading my posts for a change.
I'm not sure ribwhich is the right choice over Jack. I'm sure consulmakerOther is a much better choice than consulmakerRib.

You have the wrong cause-effect direction there. It's precisely because I'm lynchproof that I'm acting unPC, because what matters today is making the best decision to help us win; not coming out of this looking good.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:37 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

SensFan wrote:You have the wrong cause-effect direction there. It's precisely because I'm lynchproof that I'm acting unPC, because what matters today is making the best decision to help us win; not coming out of this looking good.
Except that by explicitly stating this, you are now actively trying to look more pro-town.
green shirt thursdays
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Parama »

Nathanael wrote:
EXECUTE: Nathanael!

yes, I know I am unlynchable. I just wanted to draw attention to how scummy I am.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:21 am

Post by ribwich »

Parama, why is Nathanael scummy? I don't really understand what you meant by
he's pretty much trying to line up lynches from the looks of things.
Also, why do you believe that Jack and I are both town? What pro-town reason would there be for lying about being consulmaker?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Why in the ass is this game obsessed with taking two steps forward, one step back.

"Random" is tech but arbitrarily splitting a list with a random element (such as, ohh, the signups by something like ohhh, evens and odds) solves the same thing. Lets go ahead and be awesome and not waste more time on this.

That said JESUS H be glad I don't have access to the gun because watching TWO of you go "ohh I really like that idea" when it IS EXACTLY THE SAME NET RESULT MAKES HULK SMASH.

The consuls will devour themselves and thats fine. Lets go ahead and not focus more f-- on that either.

Hows about we talk about the slag and how rediculous it is instead. I'm not home so I haven't got to check but SOMETHING MYSTICAL tells me that Kat's been active on site. If I see ANY posts from horror that aren't in this game that can move up the list too. Also awesome how scot popped in and fled.

And I'm still waiting from real boy content from the wonder twins.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

Parama wrote:Did you read my post? It was right above that.
When I saw it the first time no (Due to limited time I had to skim through the wall), but after a re-read yes.
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:04 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Who are the wonder twins, again?
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”