Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Later's lack of vote-movement is VERY curious. I don't think it's scummy but he hasn't moved his vote since day 2 when he put it there. I feel scum would have been more opportunistic with their vote and tried to use it to push mislynches although it could have also been used to keep attention of him.
CHK CHK CHK CHK CHK

Every one of his votes has been opportunistic, He put me at L-1 for shitty reasons and has announced repeatedly he has suspicions but never gives solid/specific/valid reasons. I mentioned this in one of my posts where I list why he thinks I'm scum.
Shotty+Later: Hello Scum. The only possible shotty scum-combo I see. But a very likely combo. Shotty's initial vote was on Later, but with no great reason to it. As stated before, Later then completely IGNORES shotty. Later's vote has NOT MOVED from Hiraki (a early page 2 vote). Shotty has played not to his town-meta. There's a lot here that I can support.
All your reasoning is wrong/not scummy.

I haven't ignored him, I proved that in my first response to your vote last phase
Not moving my vote is perfectly fine because I believed that to be the strongest case
Shotty has been playing slightly to his town meta (Mini 1007) but meta's shit anyway (Newbie 1000 look for my Iso where I make an extensive meta case)

EDIT PREVIEW:

Holy fuck I did not expect that. I seriously need to reread. I swear to god if chk is scum I'll cry myself to sleep.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Disregard the first part of my last post, I would have thought if he was scum he'd prepare a quick hammer and lynch me.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:42 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Actually, screw it. Don't want to read up now, will be back Saturday when I truly can give a decent amount of time to the game.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Empking »

Vote: Later
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by chkflip »

VOTE: Lateralus
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

It was much too late, and the town had been drawn into its own demise. Led towards the gallows, where Hiraki's fly infested body still hung, he joined him as the noose was wrapped around his neck and the trapdoor released by none other than chkflp himself. The trapdoor slid open with a conclusive creak, and the second snap in as many days signalled the loss of yet another life.

Chkflp and Empking looked at one another. Nodded. It was time. Withdrawing sleek silver handguns from their black leather jackets, Shotty was sent stumbling to the ground by a single shot to the back. As blood trickled from his mouth, he turned around to face his attackers, scrambling back on his hands and knees, still facing the ;pvers as they approached. He reached up to try to hit Empking away, but the man grabbed his palm and twisted it savagely back until a sickening crack sounded, making Shotty cry out in pain.

Chkflip raised a boot and kicked Shotty in the face, sending him on his back once again, blood flowing freely from his nose. It was then that Empking flourished his gun, spinning it in two fingers before putting a bullet between Shhotty's eyes. With a final exhalation of breath, accompanied by the bubbling andgurgling of blood in Shotty's lungs, the civilian finally loosened his grip on life and surrendered to the liberating darkness.

An explosion of pain struck Chkflp's skull as DavidParker brought his fist down in a running charge towards the man. The sheer momentum of the strike brought Chkflip to his knees, and with a grunt of satisfaction, DavidParker raised both fists high, together in a makeshift sphere ready to crack Chkflp's head open like a melon.

Empking cried out in defiance and unloaded what remained of is clip into DavidParker's face and chest, the blood spatter staining his white shirt scarlet. As DavidParker stumbled back, dropping to his knees, face and body alike ruined, a final bullet from a dazed Chkflp put him out of his misery.

And there it was. Another town brought to the ground by these lovers. The police would eventually find this devastated suburb, but by then Empking and Chkflp would be long gone. A change of clothes. Perhaps a holiday. Then onto the next town to sate their bloodlust. Their compulsion.

A shared, silent smile was all the lovers needed as they silently left the suburb they had destroyed in their wake, crows already gathering to feast on the dead, the only sound their cawing and the howling of a winter wind.

Lateralus22,
Vanilla Townie
lynched Day 2
Drmyshottyizsik,
Vanilla Townie
, endgamed Day 2
DavidParker,
Vanilla Townie
, endgamed Day 2

Empking and Chkflp,
Mafia Lovers
, win.

Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Lol. Sorry for being stupid guys.

Notable things,

I truly felt Hiraki's early posts to be incredibly scummy due to the fency nature, bleh. His later play actually started to look really pro town except for a few things so i decided not to change my mind.

Had Day 1 gone longer I would have considered a chk lynch, Day 2 I definetely would have pushed it hard if I hadn't been voted right off an he made that case against DP (seriously, why????).

Shouldn't have missed the contradiction in his first post and decided right off it was pro town, bleh, really should have hammered hard on his stupid voting reasons instead of Hiraki's passive like behavior.

Kinda glad though I was able to identify 2 townies, DP's paranioa was hell of annoying (And will lose probably every game you decided to act that way, that's liking WIFOM'ing yourself in the family jewels) but really townie because of the honesty.

Shouldn't have cleared empking due to flimsy reasons and pressed harder on stupid votes instead of early passive behavior >.> bleh

Oh btw, don't get trigger happy the moment lylo starts. seriously wtf. I was on V/LA too for christs sake and I think we would have had a better chance had we gotten to discuss.

My deepest apologies Hiraki, really.

Mod: Nice Job on the modding, my only qualms would be that I never noticed a deadline date anyway, (don't remember if it's in the rules or not), other than that it was pretty efficent for the most part.

I seriously gots to reevaluate more on more important things. Btw I have no idea how anyone thought I was scummy >.> I thought I was Obv town the whole game.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:09 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

WOW SHIT!
#freeShotty
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Le soupir.

I'm awfully surprised that Shotty was town. Kudos to Chk, =| to Emp. I'd say more, but I'm on my iPod.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by chkflip »

In reference to Lateralus' question, I kinda
had
to build a fake case against David because I felt that if I'd just ushered into that mislynch with him, like you said yourself, it would've come off as scummy. And given the nature of everyone's fenced opinions of my iffy playstyle (I always play this way, scum or town) I had to come up with a facade so people wouldn't see COMPLETELY through me. Glad it worked.

Also, I agree with Lateralus on the VOTENAO GOGOGO on D2 of a game like this. Shot yourself in the foot, DP. =)

Granted, however, that it wouldn't have been a bad play
if
Lateral was actually scum. But... yeah.

We didn't really talk much at all, but if you're interested in the QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/MwkGXDBNWFe

p.s. I'm keeping that quote about me, Lateral, and putting it in my wiki. The one about you crying yourself to sleep. I LOL'd ridiculously when I read that. =D
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by chkflip »

OHSHI- EBWODP!~

Great modding, Kirijo. Loved this game. <3
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Note: chk, this has nothing to do with your playstyle. Posting legit content, not doing so isn't a play style unless your a vi.

I was kinda just surprised to see actual effort when you could have just won without typing up. Quoting it like that kinda takes away the context, like a lot.

I keep thinking to myself how glad I was to have narrowed scum down to ch/emp/hir thinking we'd win no matter what unless I was wrong. Bleh. Really should have switched around Hir when I started having doubts instead of going at it more.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by chkflip »

Wait, what? Elaborate. :(
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

on what?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:06 pm

Post by chkflip »

Note: chk, this has nothing to do with your playstyle. Posting legit content, not doing so isn't a play style unless your a vi.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

oh, you weren't iffy at all.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by chkflip »

Wait, so was I
good
or
bad
as scum? >.<
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by chkflip »

Sorry, I'd just like to know because this is only my second attempt at being scum.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Eh you slipped by me really well cuz I was waaaay to focused on Hiraki. Votes on me/shotty were bad/ blatant opportunistic but I didn't notice it initially since I was waaaay to quick to judge. The thing was, you put them both at L-1 with little word and weren't pro active. I actually think I would have noticed it if this was a larger game/didn't act so sure of my very early reads. But hey you got by with this.

Obviously though being scum it's great if you can do this without being caught, but better players will call you out on this. Your case on DP was legit and generally things like that are going to give people a better people a better impression of you.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:15 am

Post by DavidParker »

Sigh. I let emp's lurking be too much of a null-tell to me. Well played scum, and well modded.

I was either voting for chk or Later today. Both were involved in 2 of the 3 possible scum combinations. Just shotty had been so scummy I couldn't let him win :(

My trigger happy I felt was justified come LYLO, I had the info I needed :/

Sorry town.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:19 am

Post by DavidParker »

I would have put emp+chk as my number 1 scum team if it wasn't for what seemed like "opportunistic" voting by shotty, and "voting to stay under the radar" by Later. Not moving your vote all of day 1 just seemed really bad. And shotty's vote Later then jump of seemed to suggest strongly you two were scum.

But then there was the other side of me that was saying Emp-lurker is obv-scum, because I"m in other games with him where he's posting content and acting nothing like this.

CHk was only really scum by process of elimination in general, but there was still a decent case on him (ie: the potential scum-slip I pointed out, a townie would have easily known the chances of lynching scum day 1, where as mafia might slip up and not realize what it is). There was just too much connection between Later+shotty.

As for being trigger happy, well I had a 1/2 chance of voting scum. I saw no reason to extend out the day phase.
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:40 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

I did think the town came remarkably close to discovering the scum team, but I have to say Lateralus just made a few posts really early on that drew attention to him in a bad way, which was unfortunate for the town. Too many had Lat as scum, and the scum capitalized on that with a coordinated quickhammer.
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:22 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

DP wrote:I would have put emp+chk as my number 1 scum team if it wasn't for what seemed like "opportunistic" voting by shotty, and "voting to stay under the radar" by Later.
I don't think you get it, you vote for the person you believe to be the strongest to be scum that'll get lynched. There's no unwritten rule saying you have to move your vote "X" amount of times. I don't understand how I was under the radar when I pushed my vote really really hard. The thing about shotty is that it pointless to use standish tells because they just don't apply to players like him.

@Mit

Bleh, personally I feel like I did ok with my reads since I never suspected DP or Shotty the whole game. I realize I got attention to myelf early on, I over estimated how town would percieve my attitude since generally half the time people would consider me obv town with that reckless personality. I don't feel as if any of my accusations early on were bad though, just needed some adjustments.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by DavidParker »

I had a strong town read on shotty but then doubted it towards the end of day 1 and a re-read of it combined with your early game play is what led me to my conclusions :/

Return to “Completed Open Games”