lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:24 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

@gonzooo: wow, you sure try to make me feel dumb. No big issue tho. My attack on chesskd was a standard action I always take when a player states he has been afk during night. If vollkan is honest, he will state that I did the very same thing about a2rudeboy during our last game together. I was a SK in that game, but it was my priority to find out if a2rude was scum, because my whole endgame strategy depended on eliminating all scum but 1 til last night.

@vollkan(1): you are totally misquoting me. The sentence you quote is not referred to all consig's posts, but only to a specific event, namely his vote on a non-existing player. As I already said several times, I always refused to consider that event anything more than a nulltelling mistake. His way of playing casual, his apparent active lurking, his way of posting filler, on the other hand, were mild scumtells, and they were the reasons why I voted him.

@vollkan(2): I did not say you think consig was town, I mean that you start from the mistaken assumption that I did not think he was scum (see the previous paragraph).

@vollkan(3): your scumpoints are a very ill-defined system that you can easily manipulate (and you did it in our last game, in which you were scum, for instance). Since you use them in all your games, I will not consider them a sign of impartiality.

Vote Count

smashbro_of_the_SSS (4) - lewarcher82, don_johnson, ThAdmiral, vollkan
mallowgeno (1) - smashbro_of_the_SSS
Purple Orange (1) - implosion
don_johnson (1) - Gonzoooo

Not Voting (2) - Purple Orange, mallowgeno

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch. The deadline is set for the end of December 8th, PST.
Last edited by Alduskkel on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:53 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Will work on that mallowgeno replacement. Sorry for the slight delay.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:51 am

Post by Purple Orange »

Purple Orange wrote:
mallowgeno wrote:
purple orange wrote:Why should he care what Don thought? Was there any reason for him to follow/humor Don over someone else?
Is there a reason why I should/shouldn't follow someone in the RVS? Get over that.

vote werewolf
Usually people don't follow a vote to "humor" other people -- they follow it because they think the person is possibly correct. It was a very strange reason you gave, and I thought the word choice might have indicated some previous connection between you guys. Have you played a game together in the past?
@Don Jon
As mallow never answered my question (and is now gone): Have you and mallow ever played in a game together before? Or has he hosted a game you've been in, or vice versa? I'll go and look through every single one of your games if I have to, but that's a lot of work.

Obviously I could be ridiculously tunneling over one word, but as long as this question remains unanswered, I'm not going to just "get over" this. The fact that you voted for mallow (setup #182, vote #197) shortly after I first asked about your association doesn't exactly alleviate matters, although you HAD voiced vague suspicion of him before this, in #143, due to a theory that we might have a very lurky scumteam:
don_johnson wrote: i could be persuaded to the mallow wagon at this point.

sss: the move was "oppurtunistic" in the way that your vote went to the bigger wagon instead of pressuring your top suspect. shit happens. if you are sincere about mallow i am willing to listen. would like more from him atm.

we could have an extremely active town and an extremely lurky scum team.
Your actual reason for voting for him was awful, though -- "competing bandwagons are good" tells me zilch about what you really thought about mallow at the time of post #197. If it was a genuine vote, why did you think mallow was scum then? What made you willing to move over in #197, in preference to Zhero, where your vote was previously located?

@Lew
You were the other person looking into DJ's meta, right? All I could tell is that he doesn't post much in any of his rounds...it's all short, jabby posts like in this round (the one lengthy one at #115 excepted, and he does sometimes post one longer post in his other games). I learned zilch from my trawling; did you find anything better?
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:29 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

No. I didn't search. I realised that vollkan's vote put smash at L-1, so I went looking for some smash's meta.. I found only one game in which he was lynched as scum, but he was the last mafia alive on D7, so the situation was quite different... I do not understand what is going on here. I confess I am getting pretty paranoid about this game. I do not trust vollkan; I am liking gonzooo more (although I keep feeling mallow was basically a frustrated lurker, so a nulltell); I got towntells from Thad at the end of D1, but I must confess I feel unable to read him. I cannot allow a quick-lynch on smash, this is our last ml, and if the vig is an idiot we may have even bigger trouble (shooting sapo was not really a proof of big brains, imo).

We have one week more or less. We need to use it. I rid myself of the voting block.

unvote

I want comments/answers to my #325 by the players I mentioned in that very post.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:31 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

don_johnson wrote:imo, what i said is not weird. imo, i find it weird that it is an issue for you. do you propose that we get a claim from smash and "not move on"? exactly how would that work? we all agree to stop playing the game and head over to the queue to sign up for others? you've lost me. the opposite of "move on" is to "not move on". if we don't "move on" the game goes nowhere. much like it is now. please vote smash, or present a case against someone else. or just sit there. and we can "not move on". :)
Difference of opinion on your phrasing. Read 314 again because I don't think you understand what I am saying there.
But I don't want to dwell on it. Let's "move on", shall we.
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:how can i be scum picking on an easy target when no one else is voting for mallow? picking an easy target would mean going after someone who could be easily lynched, and given that there is little to no support for mallow, I don't agree with this sentence.
2 things:
1. Mallow is a lurker and presumably won't be putting up much of a fight, hence a good place to park a vote if you don't want to cause a fuss.
2. You just admitted that you moved your votes to consig and werewolf because a vote on them would be "more productive". Another way to spin that is that you were voting for people "who could easily be lynched", hence picking easy targets by your own logic.
Gonzoooo wrote:
ThAd wrote:That may be true but mainly suspecting only one person for a large portion of the game is a good scum tactic as it allows you to lay lower and make less enemies.
:? This seems like you're ignoring everything smash said just so you can call him scummy. I don't get why you think he should vote don over mallow if he finds mallow more suspicious. Explain for me cause I'm slow and such.
I don't buy his reasons for being suspicious of mallow, basically. And it doesn't make sense to me that he is apparently so sure someone on the zhero wagon is scum, but is not interested in following that lead.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@volkan - how does your point system compensate for non-contribution? I'm rather curious why dj is so low on your list when he seems to be coasting pretty hard throughout this game. I felt like he was scumhunting in the early game, but has since gone into hibernation mode. What are your thoughts on him other than "55"?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

@volkan - how does your point system compensate for non-contribution? I'm rather curious why dj is so low on your list when he seems to be coasting pretty hard throughout this game. I felt like he was scumhunting in the early game, but has since gone into hibernation mode. What are your thoughts on him other than "55"?
Well there you go.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:26 am

Post by don_johnson »

PO: i have only modded one game and i am pretty sure he was not in it. i have played with him before, but not extensively. a couple of the games were probably recent ones. he may have modded a game i was in, but if you are extremely interested you will have to do the research yourself. i have a pretty extensive history on the site at this point.

thad: thats fine.

on smash: he said mallow was scum but placed his vote elsewhere. imo that warrants my earlier statement of
dj wrote:smash, on the other hand, has been calling players scummy but putting his votes elsewhere.
lew: how was the sapo shot "not really a proof of big brains, imo"? didn't sapo try and lynch a claimed power role?
PO wrote:Your actual reason for voting for him(mallow) was awful, though -- "competing bandwagons are good" tells me zilch about what you really thought about mallow at the time of post #197. If it was a genuine vote, why did you think mallow was scum then? What made you willing to move over in #197, in preference to Zhero, where your vote was previously located?
i didn't have much of an opinion on mallow at that time if i recall correctly. he was avoiding providing content when asked several times by several players if memory serves. the vote was mainly to create competiing bandwagons and pressure a lurker. by creating two wagons on day 1, you help force people to form more than just one opinion, and also force them to choose between two players. there is much more chance of there being scum between the two players than there is of the one single leading bandwagon on day 1 flipping scum. therefore, two wagons are better than one as it increases the chances of hitting scum while also increasing the amount of relevant information town has to analyze on day 2 after the flip of whichever wagon wins out.

also, read post 142, zhero there admits his shortcomings. could be a null tell, but it seemed the root of our earlier disagreement may have been a theory disagreement and a misunderstanding, but i'd have to reread fully to jog my memory. i also threatened the mallow vote for several pages before i moved. i gave him his chance to participate and he did not take it.

fine. no voting block. whatever. theres 14 pages of content to sift through. i would like to lynch from the mallow/smash slots. if thats not going to happen, someone has to convince me to vote elsewhere. as of right now, i am not compelled. i will reread while we wait and see if there is anything else i feel like discussing. if i missed any questions just let me know.

vp baltar? how the hell are ya?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

dj wrote:vp baltar? how the hell are ya?
I'm cool. Thought I would play with an alt for one game. Now we see why I don't do this. :P
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:48 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

@don: oh come on, what scum would vote for a claim pr without even giving any reasons? It was not even a hammer! EVidently saporo did not believe the cop claim and she was not aware of the terrible loss a cop lynch represents in tit-for-tat.
A smart vig would have either nk'd or killed me, or gonzooo, or purple; in other words, someone who was object of intensive discussions during day 1. Saporo's death didn't give any information.

What the hell is Baltar doing here anyway? Am I drunk? :-)
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:08 am

Post by don_johnson »

lew wrote:@don: oh come on, what scum would vote for a claim pr without even giving any reasons?
i would. in a heartbeat. and i'd play it off like a dumb mistake too. lynching power roles is probably the best possible outcome for a scumteam on any day given the circumstances. its worth placing oneself in harms way. check my sig. i'd like to think that my scum record is because i know how to play as scum. but whatever. if you think it a good idea to shoot you, i hope the vig is paying attention... :lol:
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:45 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

don_johnson wrote:
lew wrote:@don: oh come on, what scum would vote for a claim pr without even giving any reasons?
i would. in a heartbeat. and i'd play it off like a dumb mistake too. lynching power roles is probably the best possible outcome for a scumteam on any day given the circumstances. its worth placing oneself in harms way. check my sig. i'd like to think that my scum record is because i know how to play as scum. but whatever. if you think it a good idea to shoot you, i hope the vig is paying attention... :lol:
Nonsense. This is Tit for Tat mafia, and it is evident there is no way to protect cop at night. Mafia could easily push the easiest wagon on werewolf without drawing suspects on themselves and then kill cop at night. Therefore pushing for a claimed-cop lynch was a lose-lose situation for a mafia player.
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

How does this discussion find scum?

lew - where are you thinking about moving your vote to now that you're off of Smash?
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:07 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

I am studying the situation; currently I am studying vollkan and don; you and thad do not appear scummy to me; purple seems protown; implosion: NO IDEA! I need to try and find out patterns, but I cannot see them. This has become very easy for scum. 2 VT and a cop gone...

I said that I am confused and I really am. You took time to re-read: I now need time to think.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:17 am

Post by don_johnson »

Lew: its not nonsense at all. First off, his actions led u to believe he was town which is a good thing if he was scum. Second, a lynched rolecop empowers mafia deputy to begin investigating immediately. So let's see: town loses a power role. Scum player gains town cred(according to your reading skills), scum gains a power role, and scum also gets to use its nk to try and find other town power. You sir, are scum or a complete fool. According to volkan, you are no fool. So...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:40 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

don_johnson wrote:Lew: its not nonsense at all. First off, his actions led u to believe he was town which is a good thing if he was scum. Second, a lynched rolecop empowers mafia deputy to begin investigating immediately. So let's see: town loses a power role. Scum player gains town cred(according to your reading skills), scum gains a power role, and scum also gets to use its nk to try and find other town power. You sir, are scum or a complete fool. According to volkan, you are no fool. So...
Your theory contemplates a non-realistic amount of wifom. And besides Gonzooo is right, this discussion is pointless. Saporo already died, saporo already flipped town.

I am re-reading some events. More tomorrow.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:46 am

Post by don_johnson »

also:
smash wrote:I'll have to do a reread, but from what I've read just now about Don, he seemed to be fairly helpful at the beginning of the game,
but recently began to just throw his vote anywhere
the bolded is comical. since the start of day 2 i have laid one vote(on smash) and expressed a willingness to lynch the mallow slot. i produced an idfea for a voting block of four players and expressed no suspicion in the direction of certain others. the only statement i made that fits this description
at all
was my iso 24, but i think i have made it clear all day where my suspicions are and have been. stating that i'm willing to lynch out of the players who are
not
my town reads is not "just throwing" a vote anywhere. its more like "clearly stating my position".
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:53 am

Post by don_johnson »

lewarcher82 wrote: Your theory contemplates a non-realistic amount of wifom. And besides Gonzooo is right, this discussion is pointless. Saporo already died, saporo already flipped town.
whats non-realistic about it? have you
never
seen scum play aggressively? whatever. how is this discussion "pointless"? we have a player in this game who is touting your abilities as a player, and yet your opinion on this matter points to you being extremely naive and forgiving for in thread behavior. i would like volkan's opinion on your belief that scum would have no interest in lynching a claimed a powerrole. i don't think a "smart" player would read sapo's "accidental" vote and immediately clear him as town. if anything, it makes him
even more
of a null read which makes him an excellent shot for the vig. but whatever. smash's ridiculousness should be earning him a noose. the fact that the wagon seems to have fierce opposition should be telling you something. even if smash is town, he certainly isn't oozing town. defending him at this point is just weird. same with mallow. both slots are suspicious. but whatever...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:12 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

don: this is the last ml before lylo. This is the starting point for all my considerations. Smash was at L-1; now he is at L-2. We have time. I want to use it.

let me make it clear. Open setups work differently from closed setups.

OPTION 1)
zhero claims.
saporo is scum.
she thinks: if I were town I would not vote him.
then she thinks: but town will think that a mafia would not be so stupid.
sapo votes. She is not hamering, so she is betting on:
1) town falling for that;
2) another town player to agree (on what argument? whar argument would she use to motivate her vote and push for a lynch?) and hammer;
3) vig not to shoot her.

OPTION 2)
zhero claims.
scum does not react: there is a wagon werewolf; they move (back) to it.
werewolf dies.
vig gets no clues from this situation.
scum kills cop.
no one can protect cop.

which is the best play for scum?
I have seen scum playing aggressively several times. But in this case it would not have been aggressive play, it would have been stupid play. You see how many coincidences should have occurred for such a plan to work? Convincing town, having another player hammer, don't getting vigged at night.

Important: I am not saying that sapo's behaviour CLEARED her. This would be stupid. I am saying that it was no good reason to consider her worth a vigshot. And it would be naive not to see the difference :-)

now let me reread.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by don_johnson »

your options are narrow minded. some town are stupid. sapo placed a claimed town pr at L-1. that opens the door for a pr mislynch. their defense of their action was to "play stupid". playing "stupid" is an easy way for scum to coast through a game committing a host of scummy actions without ever having to answer for them. but whatever. by stating "this is the last ml before lylo. This is the starting point for all my considerations. Smash was at L-1; now he is at L-2. We have time. I want to use it." you are agreeing that a player at L-1 is in danger of a lynch. therefore, sapo did, in fact, place a town pr in danger of being lynched. if it wasn't a big deal then, why are you unvoting now? do you really have that much of a town read on smash? i just don't see it. also, you seem to be working off the assumption that smash will be a mislynch. if you are assuming that then you cannot say "i don't have that much of a town read on smash." which brings us back to "why are you unvoting"? what are you worried about? have smash's recent posts changed your mind, and if so, which ones and why?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ lew: The main problem I have with your posts right now is that you have narrowed down for the scum who the vig is. Why would you do that?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

vollkan wrote:
Smash wrote: First off, welcome to the game. I can see that you have learned how to pull numbers out of the air and use them to come up with bigger numbers. Bravo.
You're not the first to take this attitude.

Think about it this way: Most players don't even rank their suspects, and those that do will just have a list of Town: X, Y Z; Scum: A, B, C. It doesn't tell you anything about how much they relatively suspect people, or why.

Everybody gives relative rankings to scumtells - I just try and make it more explicit with numbers.
Smash wrote: as for your points. in post #111, I said I thought Consig was town, yes. Just because i didn't type that I considered the idea that he might be newb town doesn't mean i didn't consider it. I just thought that Consig was scum, rather than town. how is this a crime? as for the lack of any reason, i thought that saying that i had reread covered it. I look at the thread, Consig's actions, and the other cases against him. and i agreed.
So up until that point, you had no problem with consig's play - but then, for reason, something struck you as scummy?
Smash wrote: for the Zhero wagon, I still stand by that the wagon came on too fast, and to me it seemed like there was a scum bussing or scum jumping on a new, popular wagon to look good. Just because the wagon happened too fast for my taste though, did not mean that i disagreed with it. I thought Zhero was scummy, and so i agreed with the wagon then. Call it contradiction, but i can both think that a wagon was scummy for being much too quick, and still agreeing with the case against Zhero.
This doens't make sense. You accuse it of being too fast, but you yourself stated that you were going to join it.
--- fair enough about the points.
--- until that point, no, i did not think Consig scummy. When i went back over the thread and saw what others had pointed out, I started to believe that Consig was scum. It's a crime to change my mind?
--- I saw it scummy for it to build up as fast as it did, probably with scum trying to look more townlike. I agreed with the reasoning behind, but I usually am suspicious when something happens to fast. leads to "mistaking how many votes there were" and early lynches.

ThAdmiral wrote:
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:how can i be scum picking on an easy target when no one else is voting for mallow? picking an easy target would mean going after someone who could be easily lynched, and given that there is little to no support for mallow, I don't agree with this sentence.
2 things:
1. Mallow is a lurker and presumably won't be putting up much of a fight, hence a good place to park a vote if you don't want to cause a fuss.
2. You just admitted that you moved your votes to consig and werewolf because a vote on them would be "more productive". Another way to spin that is that you were voting for people "who could easily be lynched", hence picking easy targets by your own logic.
--- in understand what you're saying about parking a vote. However, I genuinely find him to be scummy, so I leave my vote there except when I don't. When I don't, I vote for people who I also think scummy.
--- so yes, I did move my vote to werewolf and consig. If my voted stayed on mallow, forming absolutely no pressure, then my vote is useless. but if i vote for someone else i see that is scummy, i will vote them to see how they act, and how others act towards them.
--- You first say it is scummy for me to leave my vote on someone who will not create a fuss over it. Then you say it is scummy for me to move my vote to other people. What?

@ don
you're right about the comment. after doing a full read of the game, you certainly have not thrown your vote around. I said that because of the way you voted Zhero, merely saying "I could dig that."

--------------------------------

Don

on page 2 votes for lew because of smilies.
on page 4 he returns, but doesn't comment on anything that has happened, only defending his vote by saying
don_johnson wrote:quick response there, powerox. vote about "smilies" really shouldn't be confusing. especially since i explained it thoroughly. what about it "confuses" you?
after the above quote, he removes his vote, as the wagon obviously didn't pick up steam.
don_johnson wrote:i may move to the gonzo wagon. i am going to reread to see if this is necessary. lew's response has been acceptable. powerox: if you don't understand the words i write then there is nothing i can do about it. i can agree to disagree with you.

unvote
he also suggests going to another reason, but says he has to read over the game. sounds innocent, but could be that he wants to test the waters and see who people would agree with a wagon on. at the time there was a 4 person Consig wagon, but it probably would have been scummy to join that wagon so suddenly. something interesting to note is that gonzoo did not have any votes on him at the time.

don_johnson wrote:i could get with a mallow wagon. but i think thad's questions should be answered.

comments like this irk me. He shows that he's willing to go on the mallow wagon, and jumps on the zhero wagon once the case is brought up again, and a second person votes mallow.

don_johnson wrote:i suggest a voting block of dj, thad, lew, and gonzo.

vote: smash

not sure why yet, but i will vote with the above block. they are my current town reads. the rest of you can hang. lew: if you want to switch to mallow you may. :)
looking back at the block. lew already has a vote on me, and it's obvious that TheAdmiral and Gonzooo also thinks im scummy. Just as votes and ta-da! insta-wagon! just add votes! but on a more serious note, he gets away with a vote on me, saying "he's not sure quite why" and trying to persuade 3 more votes on me. he pretty much wants to say you guys do the work, I'll vote with you.

don_johnson wrote:its nice to see smash trying, but ultimately his posts are weak. he is still using the events of the rvs to condemn mallow. i don't think mallow's actions at that point in the game were terribly scummy. smash, on the other hand, has been calling players scummy but putting his votes elsewhere. now, when push comes to shove, he's contributing, but nothing of real substance. his vote on mallow could be scum picking on an easy target or scum picking on weaker scum. either way, i think we are back to:

more votes on smash. put him to L-1. get a claim. move on. it shall be done(come on voting block).
scum-tastic. i used the unvote from rvs because first mallow says he agrees with you, then unvotes, saying he was just trying to humor you. you said the vote was serious. mallow agrees, therefore his vote is serious. then he takes it back completely. i don't call this rvs

i have been putting my votes on other scummy reads. good for me.

it could be scum picking on an easy target, ok. you could also be scum picking on an easy target, someone who a few players said they found scummy, and not posting much of a case yourself (aside from the above, which is not strong).

also, as was mentioned, the claim and move on wording is weird.

don_johnson wrote:Move on=proceed. Move forward etc. Obviously, how one ""proceeds" depends in the circumstances at hand. Questioning what I said there is lazy. Speaking of...

I have found scum. Don't feel the need to do much more at this time.
Ok, good. You say you've found scum (which I'm not). Even if I was, there are two more scum out there. and you feel you don't need to do much more at this time? How is that helpful?

don_johnson wrote:on smash: he said mallow was scum but placed his vote elsewhere. imo that warrants my earlier statement of
dj wrote:smash, on the other hand, has been calling players scummy but putting his votes elsewhere.
lew: how was the sapo shot "not really a proof of big brains, imo"? didn't sapo try and lynch a claimed power role?

fine. no voting block. whatever. theres 14 pages of content to sift through. i would like to lynch from the mallow/smash slots. if thats not going to happen, someone has to convince me to vote elsewhere. as of right now, i am not compelled. i will reread while we wait and see if there is anything else i feel like discussing. if i missed any questions just let me know.
yes, that warrants your statement. You fail to see that i continued to say mallow was scum and said i would return with a bigger case. I've been calling a couple people scum at once, and putting my vote on one of them. so yes. i have called mallow scum and put my vote elsewhere.

you've fine with lynching either mallow or me? mallow is my top scum read. you did express interest in voting mallow, when you said competing wagons were good. By doing that you rid yourself of being on a mislynch. But your read on mallow mustn't have been very strong, was it? because when Zhero claim, you went to the werewolf wagon, thinking now that Zhero wouldn't be lynched, you would do well with a werewolf lynch.

vote don_johnson
I believe we have scum. and yes don, now I'm voting for someone other than mallow, who i believe is scum. call me scummy for that.
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by Purple Orange »

don_johnson wrote:PO: i have only modded one game and i am pretty sure he was not in it. i have played with him before, but not extensively. a couple of the games were probably recent ones. he may have modded a game i was in, but if you are extremely interested you will have to do the research yourself. i have a pretty extensive history on the site at this point.
I did find at least one where you were both players, and playing at the same time. Doesn't mitigate the suspicion completely, but as there's a possible alternate explanation, I'm not gonna go base an entire lynch case off of it or anything.
ThAdmiral wrote:@ lew: The main problem I have with your posts right now is that you have narrowed down for the scum who the vig is. Why would you do that?
^Yep. I'm assuming the question is rhetorical, though, or you'd just be prolonging the discussion, right? :?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:13 pm

Post by vollkan »

lewarcher wrote: @vollkan(1): you are totally misquoting me. The sentence you quote is not referred to all consig's posts, but only to a specific event, namely his vote on a non-existing player. As I already said several times, I always refused to consider that event anything more than a nulltelling mistake. His way of playing casual, his apparent active lurking, his way of posting filler, on the other hand, were mild scumtells, and they were the reasons why I voted him.
I'm not suggesting you did treat it as anything other than a mistake. As I said, though, " It begs belief to think that you of all people wouldn't be able to realise that such a player is a bad place to apply 'pressure'" What was so scummy about the rest of his play that meant you could overcome that necessary caution?
lew wrote:
@vollkan(3): your scumpoints are a very ill-defined system that you can easily manipulate (and you did it in our last game, in which you were scum, for instance). Since you use them in all your games, I will not consider them a sign of impartiality.
Did I say that they make me impartial?
VP wrote: @volkan - how does your point system compensate for non-contribution? I'm rather curious why dj is so low on your list when he seems to be coasting pretty hard throughout this game. I felt like he was scumhunting in the early game, but has since gone into hibernation mode. What are your thoughts on him other than "55"?
I get this question surprisingly often.

Short answer: it doesn't.

Long answer: the points measure behavioural scumtells, not the probability that a player is scum. While there's obviously meant to be a correlation between the two, my point is that the system doesn't take account of things like claims. In short, just as any other player subordinates their reads to certain information and circumstances, I do likewise with my points. With that in mind, my theoretical approach for dealing with lurking is that it increases the relatively uncertainty surrounding a player and so can override
low
scores elsewhere. I wasn't aware that dj had been coasting (I think this is a consequence of reading in catch-up mode - I don't get the real-time experience of "Hey, X hasn't posted in a while?".

I just reskimmed DJ's ISO, and I don't see any noticeable change in activity. He has one enormous post early on, but apart from that his play has never really been content-heavy. @DJ: Is this normal for you?
Smash wrote: --- until that point, no, i did not think Consig scummy. When i went back over the thread and saw what others had pointed out, I started to believe that Consig was scum. It's a crime to change my mind?
It is fairly serious circumstantial evidence when there is no clear reason for the change (you still haven't given one) and the change has a patent scum motivation.
Smash wrote: --- I saw it scummy for it to build up as fast as it did, probably with scum trying to look more townlike. I agreed with the reasoning behind, but I usually am suspicious when something happens to fast. leads to "mistaking how many votes there were" and early lynches.
You aren't addressing my argument.

If you had simply said "I agree with the reasoning, but this wagon is too fast" that would have been fine.

But you didn't. You not only agreed with the reasoning, but you also announced your own intention to join the wagon "in a day or two".
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:11 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

Volkan wrote:I wasn't aware that dj had been coasting (I think this is a consequence of reading in catch-up mode - I don't get the real-time experience of "Hey, X hasn't posted in a while?"
Well, I don't mean that so much as, 'hey I'm showing up regularly, but mostly only to bandwagon and argue with lew about whether the vig made the right shot choice last night'. Like I said, I feel like don is in cruise control right now and doesn't want to rock the boat too much, so he's arguing over trivial points with lew instead of trying to find the scum.

@don - who is scum apart from smash?

I can't tell what is going on with smash personally. He does have some odd contradictions between his words and his actions, but there is also a lot of support for that wagon...which I'm not sure would be likely if it was on scum that was one mislynch away from lylo. I also don't like that the more experienced players (volkan, ThAd, dj) all seem to be tunneling the shit out of his lynch. There are three scum in the game, and yet you three don't seem to see much beyond his lynch today. I'm not saying its implausible he's your top suspect, but when you're not looking at much else it starts to worry me that SOMEONE is going down the no-no path if you catch my drift. I don't believe all three of you are town, regardless of smash's alignment.

PO - what are your thoughts on the experience crew all honing in on smash? Do any of them bother you like they bother me? Am I crazy?

Return to “Completed Open Games”