Fringe Mafia (Game Over, role PMs posted)

PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:39 am

Post by PogoStick »

smargaret wrote:Hop, do you still find Zang scummy? If not, what changed your mind? If so, what has he done today to reinforce your read?

So, in one page of Hop's iso, we have:
-vote Zang
-FOS TM
-FOS Ghost
-vote Empking

and no cases to go with any of them.
Smarget, why the blatant lie?

I posted these on that page, anyone can go back and verify so i don't appreciate you trying to mis-rep me

1. I voted zang for his crappy hammer
2. FOS'd TM for directing the vig
3. FOS'd GW for his comment about furc but no vote
4. Voted emp for his vote hopping

Also yesterday I made arguments against nocman and Lord C, today I have made valid arguments against emp

Emp has made 1 argument against me and part of his case doesn't even make sense, yet you are defending him. Why has his refusal to make a case make him look better than someone who has posted reasons for votes and FOS's.
Show
Call me Rob, Hop, or joystick but I am better known in mafia world as the "Fall guy"

AtE is not a scum tell.

Town: 0-1
Scum: 1-1
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:08 am

Post by PogoStick »

One last thing @ Smargaret

Reading your iso you were agreeing with me about emp, you even voted for him and said "Empking needs to post a case on one other player" however Empking never does, you now excuse him for not making a case when you say " At least Empking has a reason for denying the town information, even if it's not one I agree with."

Why the 180 on emp when he has provided no new information as to why I am scum or anyone else for that matter?
Show
Call me Rob, Hop, or joystick but I am better known in mafia world as the "Fall guy"

AtE is not a scum tell.

Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:24 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Emp wrote:DB: Zang and bv are obv-town. So its a question between TM and Smarge for the fourth scum (If we ignore GW). I think Smarge's post are genuine scumhunting.
This doesn't answer my question...

Earlier you said something about my posts you were having doubts about TM, can you explain why?

Also, ANSWER MY OTHER QUESTION THAT YOU'VE BEEN IGNORING. Post 574 btw.
HOMJ wrote:@ DB - Insulting a player is scummy because I can't see what the town motivation would be. Maybe I am a bit off my rocker with being offended at the VI comment because I have accused others of VI, but I really don't like it and I probably won't call anyone a VI again. You want to call a player a bad player, than do it, but VI to me is just another example of name calling and unneccessary. It also puts that person on edge and makes them more defensive when they don't need to be.
But what is the scum motivation for it? Just because something isn't town doesn't mean that its scummy. For example, if I said "I like pie and cake" for no reason then I'd have no town motivation for saying it so following your logic I must be scum!
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:26 am

Post by TonyMontana »

The way Hop posts is fucking retarded and insulting.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:29 am

Post by Empking »

Post 46, its along with Hop's posts where the annoyance is seen ""OMG DB is buddying"".

There are probably three scum on your and Hop's team. Reading your post meant that I had to replace GW so TM was no longer clearly town (he was clearly town because he wasn't scum)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:34 am

Post by PogoStick »

Fine maybe it isn't Scum tell but it's just scummy

I may be in the minority when it comes to that beleive im fine with that

@TM - agreed somtimes that is true but sometimes I make sense, like my first 2 posts on this page
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:18 am

Post by Primate »

Sorry, I'm finding it hard to get proper reads on people so I'll just get involved.

On my read through, the two who most stood out to me as being suspicious were TonyMontana and Doombunny. Emp I didn't think I had a particularly good insight into, which is something I obviously need to rectify quickly. Hop seems one of the more townie guys and I don't really see why people are suspecting him, but again I may be missing something. Zang I don't really have a read on.

Furclow lynch I didn't really object to. I would have argued against it (and thought this before I saw what his alignment was), but I can see why it happened.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:14 am

Post by smargaret »

HopOnMyJoystick wrote:
smargaret wrote:Hop, do you still find Zang scummy? If not, what changed your mind? If so, what has he done today to reinforce your read?

So, in one page of Hop's iso, we have:
-vote Zang
-FOS TM
-FOS Ghost
-vote Empking

and no cases to go with any of them.
Smarget, why the blatant lie?

I posted these on that page, anyone can go back and verify so i don't appreciate you trying to mis-rep me

1. I voted zang for his crappy hammer
2. FOS'd TM for directing the vig
3. FOS'd GW for his comment about furc but no vote
4. Voted emp for his vote hopping

Also yesterday I made arguments against nocman and Lord C, today I have made valid arguments against emp

Emp has made 1 argument against me and part of his case doesn't even make sense, yet you are defending him. Why has his refusal to make a case make him look better than someone who has posted reasons for votes and FOS's.
That's the problem, Hop. You made all those accusations, one right after another, and you accused noc and Lord C and furc, today you've accused or voted emp and SV and I'm pretty sure there's an FOS on Doombunny. That's what I'm pointing out - you are accusing everybody!

There is a difference between accusing and putting a case out on someone. You have made accusations, not cases that can lead anyone else to any sort of a conclusion - it really appears like you're waiting for someone else to take the bait and build a case for you, so you can see where town is willing to wagon.

Emp did eventually post a case against DB; his other two scumspects disappeared if I'm recalling correctly which does make posting a case on them kind of hard. I'm not going to go look up the specific post right now, but it was something like 8 points against DB. Also, I never agreed with you about Emp - you agreed with me.

The statement "At least Empking has a reason ..." is not an excuse. You're both being naughty boys for not posting cases; just Empking is being slightly less anti-town because I think he genuinely believes you to be scum and that posting a case on someone else would hurt the town. This is still anti-town and tunneling, but you're denying town information out of laziness and not because you think it's the pro-town thing to do. Do you see what I'm getting at? Like, Empking = bad, Hop = worse. That's hardly a 180. Nice misrep, though.

As soon as we get a votecount verifying that it wouldn't be hammer, I'm moving my vote.
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:23 am

Post by PogoStick »

smargaret wrote:
I agree with Hop.

Empking, whether you're withholding information from scum or not, you're also withholding it from town. That said, I'd rather hear your thoughts on bv than on ghost, since he's gone inactive and requested replacement and we'll get more information/reactions from looking at him. Or you could just do us all a favor and look at all three.

Sadly, I also agree that SV could be faking the PR. There's no way the mod would make a pr that is incapable of giving any information AT ALL, and it would be all too easy for scum to coast to the finish under such a PR. But that is modWIFOM, so I would rather see SV investigated than lynched.
And for the record you never commented on my case that I posted on emp

Furthermore, what's wrong with pointing out behavior I consider scummy, so what if I accuse everyone of scummy behavior, if they said or did something scummy I am going to point it out so others cab make a comment on it

When I get home I'm going to check again but I don't remember seeing emp make a case on anyone.
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:24 am

Post by PogoStick »

There was nothing wrong with my vote on SV either, he wasn't helping town

Not helping town = scummy play and possibly scum
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:33 am

Post by smargaret »

Empking wrote:Smarge: 1. DB had Hop as his to suspect but came up with a BS reason not to vote. (post 29)
2. He's now done a complete u-turn on Hop. Defending him at every opportunity.
3. Hop's and DB's coordinated strikes to annoy me.
4. DB always generally agreeing with Hop but when asked about specifics always disagreeing with him.
5. Hop's ignoring a point I made against him in order to leave it to DB to defend him about it.
6. DB defending him on that point.
7. Hop changing his mind on that point quickly as soon as DB was on in order to tell him to pull a u-turn.
8. Until recently, DB and Hop coordinated to keep their votes off the same player today.
Hop: I was referring to the initial case on Empking. The above is what I considered to be the case Emp made, which is weak and late, but is still a case.
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:35 am

Post by PogoStick »

@everyone

Is it pro town or anti town to respond to multiple accusations with. "bull" and explain why

Personally it's anti town because "bull" isn't a valid response, it doesn't say or show why the info is wrong, it also means "to me" that you can't Even formulate a logical reason to dispute it

Emp responded to multiple things in my case with "Bull"
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:37 am

Post by PogoStick »

I would like emp to provide links to these actions me and DB have supposedly done so I can dispute them or give my reasoning, rest assured I won't reply with "bull"
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Primate »

I'd quite like a definition as to what smargret considers a case. I'm not asking for specifics, just general level of intention that warrants that description, if you get me.
Is it pro town or anti town to respond to multiple accusations with. "bull" and explain why.
Generally it's pro-town tbh. Scum don't like to be seen offhandedly dismissing shit, so they'll go out their way to try to get a rebuttal down even if it is bull.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:10 am

Post by smargaret »

These aren't firm definitions, there is some variation based on playerstyle, but as a general rule, I consider a case to be more detailed than an accusation and to have the intention of pushing towards a lynch, if not today then tomorrow unless the response is satisfactory. An accusation is more likely to have a shorter justification, maybe a one-liner, that the goal is reaction-fishing rather than lynching.

It's sort of like the difference between a vote and an FOS/IGMEOY, I guess. I'm not making much sense right now.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Primate »

And what's your definition regarding accusation vs announcing a point in favour of someone being scum/not town?

Is your objection with the way Hop did it, or the fact that he did it at all? Sorry If I'm being dense.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:48 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Emp wrote:Post 46, its along with Hop's posts where the annoyance is seen ""OMG DB is buddying"".
So annoying=buddying? What?
Primate wrote:On my read through, the two who most stood out to me as being suspicious were TonyMontana and Doombunny. Emp I didn't think I had a particularly good insight into, which is something I obviously need to rectify quickly. Hop seems one of the more townie guys and I don't really see why people are suspecting him, but again I may be missing something. Zang I don't really have a read on.
Reasonless statements. Kewl.
HOMJ wrote:@everyone

Is it pro town or anti town to respond to multiple accusations with. "bull" and explain why
If they explain why its bull then its a defence just like any other. If they just say "Your case is bull. The end. Nothing more to say" Then it is scummy since you're not even trying to defend yourself, you're just trying to throw out an argument without having to do anything.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Primate »

Reasonless statements. Kewl.

Way to miss the point utterly of why I was doing it. Maybe you would have preferred me to lurk for a bit more and not post my opinions on the game, weak as I admit they are, sound good? You just look like you're trying to get ahead of bad opinions of yourself before they are put together.

If you want me to change my priority away from getting a decent read on Empking, say so. If you don't, hold your whist.
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by PogoStick »

fyi smargret, there has not been any additional votes on me since the last vote count so if you want to put me at L-1 feel free
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Primate wrote:Way to miss the point utterly of why I was doing it. Maybe you would have preferred me to lurk for a bit more and not post my opinions on the game, weak as I admit they are, sound good? You just look like you're trying to get ahead of bad opinions of yourself before they are put together.
The thing is, your opinions on the game are just
barely
better than lurking if you don't back them up. at the very least you should at least say why you think TM and I are scum. I'm not looking for a huge wall or anything, just more than generic statements.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by Zang »

Responce to HOMJs response-
1. no town is often accused of using AtE by scum, this is the consensus I have seen in games I have read and in other discussions on site
I don't think I've mentioned AtE or how scum doesn't accuse town of doing it. 
2. insulting a player is scummy
How?
3. insult is anti-town becauseit is scummy play, there is no need to insult people
An insult is anti-town but insulting people does not help the scum at all, scum have no motivation to insult people. Especially if the insult is VI which is generally not considered to be an insult.

So it is not scummy.
4. "But most town aren't pro-town. Even if they intend to be pro-town, most are neutral or antitown. And there is a diffeence between not pro-town, anti-town and scummy, only scummy is vote worthy." This makes no sense to me
What I'm saying is that most town aren't pro-town. If they were, then there would be no mislynches.
"You can not say that someone is not scum hunting because they are scum hunting you." But I have proven he wasn't scum hunting me, he if anything was just spaghetti throwing
Originally he was not scum hunting. But he started scum hunting when you started attacking him.
6. regaridng your question about emp saying "same as yesterday" I said it isn't good enough because he never gave a valid reason for his votes on me day 1 so it made no sense for him to use that. plus he implied his voting first was somehow scum hunting which is also fail logic
Ok, I didn't know what his original reasons were when I said that.
7. you never provided a valid case, that is how I can say you never posted a valid case. Hiding your reasons in walls of text where nobody can see them hurts town, not helps them. the way you post these walls of text actually hurt town because it makes it impossible to respond to them easily. I am having a bitch of a time right now, you are purposely complicating things in hopes people will just not respond to you.
I have provided a valid case, just because you are to lazy to read a wall of text doesn't mean I'm hiding my reasons. All of my reasons are there for anyone to see. 

How am I purposefully complicating things? I really don't see how it is so hard to read a few paragraphs and respond to them. And I'm not hoping for the town to ignore them, the reason why I post walls of text is so that the town can see all my thoughts on the game.
8. "I have already explained why NL is not anti-town. I've also already given you my thoughts on statistics in general, all statistics are WIFOM." you can give your reasons all you want but saying statistics are WIFOM is actually crap, statistics that can prove something is FACT.
Ok, if statistics if statistics prove fact then I have a 75% chance of being town so I it is a fact that I am town.
9. you really don't understand the term active lurking - from wiki "A subset of lurking is the so-called "active lurking", where a player posts in the thread but without making any contribution to the progress of the game. Their posts may be minimal in length, off-topic, or merely parroting what other players have already said" and quite a few people are doing that, I am making my case and emp keeps providing me with more evidence. I can say someone like DB could be accused of active lurking cause he fits into the "parroting"
Ok, using that definition, you are also active lurking because you aren't contributing to the progress of the game. In the last 10 pages, you and empking have both made no progress toward a lynch.
10. I asked emp specifically if I was L-1, because he seemed so convinced I was scum I fear that even if I claimed he would not believe me, which is anti-town behavior to not be open to the idea of changing his mind, which I don't feel like he would and I still don't feel like he would change his mind about me.
I completely agree. What I was asking was how is he supposed to answer that if he doesnt know what you will claim.
11. emp's directed almost all of his posts at that time towards one person, it is scummy because it seems like he is trying to get that one person on his side, he shoudl be directing it to everyone not just TM
TM is the only person undecided between you being scum and him being scum. 
12. I don't understand how a VI can be anti-town when V stands for village, if a person is anti-town than call hm an SI. VI implies that he is town, SI implies he is scum
Anti-town is not the same thing as  scummy. Anti-town is an action that hurts the town while scummy is an action that benefits the scum.
16. ".He said 90%., He never changed anything, he said that he was 90% sure that he is town, nobody can ever be 100% sure that someone is town unless they are somehow confirmed." No originally he made a declarative statement that BV was town, he later retracted it to 90% (yeah I said 8 instead of 90%, who really cares about that. The fact that he declared BV as town (without a percentage) is suspicious cause there is only one way he can know that.
My point is that there is no 100% town. Have you ever been 100% sure that someone was town? 
He just changed his reads, which town are able to do.seems like he is "keeping his options open" and since he accused me of being scum for doing it, that means he shoudl be accused of scum for doing it
No, he changed his reads, you had all the same reads. They're completely different.
The reason why he hasn't given his cases is probably because you keep calling them reads." Semantics cause it's fucking obvious I want him to post cases, you just proved it. and why are you defending emp? just proves you are his scum buddy to me
Unless you're scum.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by PogoStick »

1. Originally he was not scum hunting. But he started scum hunting when you started attacking him.
2. Ok, I didn't know what his original reasons were when I said that.
3. Ok, if statistics if statistics prove fact then I have a 75% chance of being town so I it is a fact that I am town.
4. My point is that there is no 100% town. Have you ever been 100% sure that someone was town? 

Ok these are the only posts you make that truly matter

1. Exactly my point, he didn't start scum hunting til I pointed out he wasn't scum hunting, which should prove this behavior is more suspicious.

2. This is a negative point against you, you need to be aware of something so obvious

3. Can you post a link that proves your statistic is remotely true? Because I was able to post a link for mine. My statistic = actual statistic supported by actual data. Your statistic is supported only by your own claim

4. The only time I have been 100% sure someone was town is when I have been scum, which is why I pointed it out, he originally declared bv as town and went back and covered his tracks by saying he is 90% town. I feel it was a minor slip on his part but it was a slip. The only way he can declare someone town like he originally did would be if he were scum
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by Zang »

HOMJ wrote:this is the best I can do to post responses to your crappy wall of text, if you do this again I am just going to ignore it because there is no easy way to dig through them to respond properly
Why was it so hard for you to respond to it?

But fine, I even broke this post up into two.
HOMJ wrote:why the fuck do you think I am harpiong on people being active, activity makes games fun
No it doesn't. Like I said, activity doesn't brink fun the quality of the game does.
Doombunny wrote:@Zang+HOMJ- Could you two, I dunno... Organize your walls a bit better in the future, parts of them can get confusing.
I'll try although I don't know what's wrong with them.
Doombunny wrote:@Zang- If I'm not mistaken, your top FoS is HOMJ, can you consolidate your reasoning into a short yet consice list for my sake?
1.Taking advantage of Furcolows vote for no lynch and saying that no lynch is always scummy.
2.Being reliant on unreliable statistics.
3.Changing the reasoning behind his vote on me day 2.
4.Thinking that insulting someone is scummy.
5.Calling himself a VI but thinking it's scummy when someone else does it.
6.Thinking that empking is still not scum hunting.
Doombunny wrote:Also, I've noticed you've said a lot about HOMJ and a bit about emp but what about the other players (And please, this time just make a short post about them. No walls again XD)
Here's my reads on everybody in order from scum to town.

Scum              HOMJ
                     Shattered Viewpoint
                     Primate
Neutral           TM
                      Doombunny                      
                      Bv310
                      empking
Town              Smargaret
smargaret wrote:I'm not sure I like Zang coming in and landing on the biggest wagon; it's not the first time he's done this. Zang, who do you think is scum besides Hop?
I never came in and landed on the biggest wagon. Day 1, I think Furcolow was the biggest wagon when I voted for HOMJ and I've been voting for him since my first post on day 2.

I gave my reads above although it largely depends on whether HOMJ is scum or not.
HOMJ wrote:Is it pro town or anti town to respond to multiple accusations with. "bull" and explain why

Personally it's anti town because "bull" isn't a valid response, it doesn't say or show why the info is wrong, it also means "to me" that you can't Even formulate a logical reason to dispute it
It is a valid response and it does say why if he explains why it's bull, Which you say.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
PogoStick
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
PogoStick
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by PogoStick »

But if he doesn't say why?
Show

AtE is not a scum tell.

smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by smargaret »

Okay, Hop, if you say you're at L-2 I'll put you at L-1. Your recent posting hasn't been any better, and the game is starting to stagnate.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Hop

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”