vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:19 am

Post by vollkan »

Gonzooo wrote: Well, I don't mean that so much as, 'hey I'm showing up regularly, but mostly only to bandwagon and argue with lew about whether the vig made the right shot choice last night'. Like I said, I feel like don is in cruise control right now and doesn't want to rock the boat too much, so he's arguing over trivial points with lew instead of trying to find the scum.
Ah, in that case I see your point. As somebody who has fallen prey to the same behaviour in the past (cruise control due to boredom), that's why I asked DJ for meta in my previous post. He's not a newb, so if boredom is something he has a tendency towards, there should be precedent.

Vote Count

smashbro_of_the_SSS (3) - don_johnson, ThAdmiral, vollkan
don_johnson (2) - Gonzoooo, smashbro_of_the_SSS
Purple Orange (1) - implosion

Not Voting (3) - Purple Orange, mallowgeno, lewarcher82

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch. The deadline is set for the end of December 8th, PST.

For posterity (e.g. people reading this at a later date who are confused): VP Baltar = Gonzoooo.
Last edited by Alduskkel on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:34 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

ThAdmiral wrote:@ lew: The main problem I have with your posts right now is that you have narrowed down for the scum who the vig is. Why would you do that?
Enough of this. Vig is not out. If you want to accuse me of rolefishing, I will answer. Otherwise, this stuff was discussed for long enough.

@vollkan: I categorically refuse to accept that backtracking is necessarily a scumtell. It is not. I change my mind a lot of times in every game. For instance, I have been FoSing gonzooo, and now I am not FoSing him anymore, as a consequence of my change of mind about consig/purple (cuz purple looks pro-town to me). Does this contribute making me scummy?
vollkan wrote:
lewarcher wrote: @vollkan(1): you are totally misquoting me. The sentence you quote is not referred to all consig's posts, but only to a specific event, namely his vote on a non-existing player. As I already said several times, I always refused to consider that event anything more than a nulltelling mistake. His way of playing casual, his apparent active lurking, his way of posting filler, on the other hand, were mild scumtells, and they were the reasons why I voted him.
I'm not suggesting you did treat it as anything other than a mistake. As I said, though, " It begs belief to think that you of all people wouldn't be able to realise that such a player is a bad place to apply 'pressure'" What was so scummy about the rest of his play that meant you could overcome that necessary caution?
The reasons why I though he was a scumnoob and not a townnoob are listed in the very passage you quote.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:06 am

Post by Purple Orange »

Gonzoooo wrote:I actually dig this alot. Keeping my eye on a dj-mallow connection.
Why'd you like it so much? Where were
you
seeing a mallow-DJ connection?
Gonzoooo wrote:PO - what are your thoughts on the experience crew all honing in on smash? Do any of them bother you like they bother me? Am I crazy?
My initial read on smashbro, when I came into the thread, was that he was town. I'm trying to reread and get a fresh read on both him and his accusers right now. If one or more of his attackers is scum, they are good. (If you're scum, you're really good too. :igmeou: Still not liking the "trust completely" flattery you threw at me).

I don't like lew's talking about the vig, and if Thad won't just up and say "rolefishing,'" I will. That's what it looks like, and that's what it has ended up doing, regardless of his actual intent. Pretty sure there was a way to discuss sapo's vote (though why are we discussing a dead person's vote?) and the Zhero wagon without also dragging the vigilante into the mess.

DJ joined the conversation rather than starting it, but he kept at it even when lew said "Gonzoooo's right, let's stop." I don't care for his fixation on the issue, especially considering his minimal commentary about other matters throughout this thread. (This might just be a side effect of the fact that he's actually POSTING now, though, vs. just throwing a quick jab up every now and then).

I need to finish a re-read, but I feel the DJ wagon is rather rickety and flimsy at the moment. My read on him throughout the thread had been town (though his short jabby posting style admittedly makes him difficult for me to pin down anything solid), and it was mainly his actions in relation to mallow that made me question this. Didn't see anything convincing in Smash's post on him.

I don't have enough on him to feel I can legitimately vote for him yet, except as a way to keep forcing some longer posts out of him, and to ensure a competing bandwagon. (I certainly agree that two bandwagons are good). More posts and content from him = good thing, as I'm having a hard time getting much out of his previous posts. And if an additional vote will help with that, I'll be glad to throw another one his way.

The argument about DJ's "move on" language is silly, though (@ Thad and smash, and a bit at lew). Yeah, coming from me who was/is hung up on the "humor" thing, but hey. As far as I could tell, he was just saying, "let's push the guy to L-1, see what he does, then either lynch him, or rinse and repeat the process. ACTION!!!" It's the fact that he's pushing for other people to act, without bothering to contribute much himself other than noisy impetus to act, that's the problem.

Again, I'd prefer to complete a re-read before officially jumping on the wagon of a guy I had only the minimalist suspicion on, as of a day or two ago. What I really want to see is a mallow replacement, NOW.
vollkan wrote:Ah, in that case I see your point. As somebody who has fallen prey to the same behaviour in the past (cruise control due to boredom), that's why I asked DJ for meta in my previous post. He's not a newb, so if boredom is something he has a tendency towards, there should be precedent.
Don posts (mostly) short hard-to-pin-down posts in all his games I've looked at. If someone else wants to look and confirm my take on his meta, that'd be swell.
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:40 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

I've played with dj plenty of times, though he is definitely not easy to meta. I don't have a super clear read of him atm, but I also don't feel he's as strongly town as you are proposing. I've had the pleasure of playing dj on a scum team, though that was quite some time ago (Cowboy Bebop Mafia) and multiple times with him as town. I don't believe I've ever played against him as scum though.

One thing I will say about dj is that when he is town I feel he is freewheelin' like Bob Dylan. He doesn't care how he comes across to people and tries to scare scum. This is why I liked his early smiley attack, because that's exactly the kind of crap I'd expect town-dj to push for reactions. Later on, I get the mood of him being pensive and SRS BSNS, and I don't like it as much. When I played that game with him as scum, I also got the feeling that he likes to make inroads toward bussing his partners if necessary. This is why I can see your mallow-dj connection point, PO. I feel like if they were on a scumteam together, dj was laying the groundwork to buss his buddy at the first sign of things going sideways. He's been dancing around mallow all game, but never applying real pressure there. I keep getting the vibe of "well, I would lynch mallow now...but I just need to deal with this other thing first." Today he says he's good with a smash or mallow lynch, but what I really see is a lot of smash-hate, and mallow's name being tacked on as a secondary thought. This is pretty typical scum behavior if you have a lazy buddy that you are 1) trying to prod into activity and 2) setting up a believable bus for later if the town attention shifts in that direction.

That's pretty much my dj suspicion laid bare. It's a lot of meta related stuff, and it's probably not even particularly good meta considering how long ago that game was, but he still bothers me enough that it makes me uncomfortable.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:30 am

Post by don_johnson »

Not sure how to answer the meta questions. I don't believe I hav a reliable meta. My style and amount of contribution depend on many variable factors both in game and rl. I hav already stated my suspects and who I'm willing to lynch atm. I have not reread the thread yet. When i do I'll let you know if anything has changed.x
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:02 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Perhaps I am playing poorly, dunno... I am having some big shit happening irl, but I really did not expect my original statement in #328 to be harmful to town. The following development of the discussion, in my opinion, has no meaning at all. I wonder why thad addressed his criticism to me alone (#345). Anyway, I am not mentioning this stuff anymore, unless people ask me questions.

Moving to more interesting stuff:
Gonzoooo wrote:lew - where are you thinking about moving your vote to now that you're off of Smash?
to DJ. Because of the 3 players who were tunneling smash (4 with me, before I jumped off, I guess), he is the only one who gave me no real towntells at all. ALso:he proposed a voting block formed by 4 players: if this had worked, it would have immediately put the block's target at L-1. I did not notice the numbers, I do now. I don't like it. Finally, smash has built a more or less convincing case against him, and it does not feel like he is just attacking the player who votes him. Perhaps it is a bus, but if it is, then DJ would be scum as well.

vote: DJ

since I know you a little, now, gonzooo, I expect you to ask me: who else? well, if he dies and flips scum, I will probably start looking at vollkan and implosion.
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:13 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

Well, ftr, I don't find smash's dj case all that convincing, but anyhow...

I totally forgot implosion was in this game. What's up brosef?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:02 am

Post by don_johnson »

lewarcher82 wrote:Perhaps I am playing poorly, dunno... I am having some big shit happening irl
AtE.
lew wrote: ALso:he proposed a voting block formed by 4 players: if this had worked, it would have immediately put the block's target at L-1.
wow. you can add. the purpose of the voting block was to do just that. there wasn't anything clandestine about it.
lew wrote:Finally, smash has built a more or less convincing case against him, and it does not feel like he is just attacking the player who votes him. Perhaps it is a bus, but if it is, then DJ would be scum as well.
hahahahahahahahahahahahha. convincing? which part? the part where smash points out that dj does the opposite of the scummy thing he could have done? or is it the part where he rescinds his original case of "dj is just throwing his vote around" and then gives a nice summary of what dj has done without adding in any fruitful analysis as to why what dj has done is scummy, or hoe any of those actions could have benefited scumdj? you are a laugh attack my friend. the whole "omgz its a busszz" is priceless.

vp wrote:He's been dancing around mallow all game, but never applying real pressure there.
i had a mallow vote day 1 for about 36 hours. today he is lurking/being replaced. what sense does it make to pressure a non-existant player? when we have a replacement, i can interact, right now, it seems like a pointless push. especially when smash is available. i do like lew jumping to smash defense and implying implosion/volkan/dj. its a nice galvanizing step. especially considering he is also accusing smash of bussing. its also nice how he avoids the whole "if dj flips town then..." cause that would mean he'd have to suspect PO/Gonzo and... mallow or smash? i'm going to laugh if i nailed scum in the rvs.

anyhoo...
mod: can we get a votecount?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:19 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

DJ wrote: wow. you can add.
Yes, I had to use a calculator but finally I made it.

When I realised it took 5 to lynch, I unvoted smash. And I realised the meaning of the block.
smash wrote: looking back at the block. lew already has a vote on me, and it's obvious that TheAdmiral and Gonzooo also thinks im scummy. Just as votes and ta-da! insta-wagon! just add votes! but on a more serious note, he gets away with a vote on me, saying "he's not sure quite why" and trying to persuade 3 more votes on me. he pretty much wants to say you guys do the work, I'll vote with you.
This part is the more-or-less-convincing case I was referring to.

Also, it was you who kept the discussion about vig going.

I am not "also accusing smash of bussing". I am considering options. You being scum is consistent with both scum-smash and town-smash. You are misquoting me. And you are not going to laugh.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:08 am

Post by don_johnson »

not misquoting. you said smash could be bussing. if you want to explore your options, why do you choose to leave out the "dj is town" option.
lew wrote:Unlikely that don could be jumping on a town. If smash were lynched and flipped town (we have a ml, if vig isn't an idiot), then he will be in a very bad situation tomorrow.
^^ what did this mean?

you obviously had some sort of a scum read on smash, no? if you did, then why do you now find it scummy of me to want to put said player to L-1?

pbp of the smash case:

smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:

--------------------------------

Don

on page 2 votes for lew because of smilies.
on page 4 he returns, but doesn't comment on anything that has happened, only defending his vote by saying
don_johnson wrote:quick response there, powerox. vote about "smilies" really shouldn't be confusing. especially since i explained it thoroughly. what about it "confuses" you?
what exactly "happened" that you feel i should be commenting on at that point in the game?
smash wrote:after the above quote, he removes his vote,
as the wagon obviously didn't pick up steam
bolded is the add-on commentary opinion. what i posted was "lew's response was acceptable". so again, so far the case is basically a summary. kind of like a book report one might put together in the fourth grade.
smash wrote:he also suggests going to another reason, but says he has to read over the game. sounds innocent,
but could be that he wants to test the waters and see who people would agree with a wagon on.
at the time there was a 4 person Consig wagon, but it probably would have been scummy to join that wagon so suddenly. something interesting to note is that gonzoo did not have any votes on him at the time.
anything "could be". our job is to find out "what is". this is just speculation. and funny, here smash describes a move to the consig wagon as something that might be "scummy". did consig flip town? how do we know that consig is not, in fact, scum? this is a grand assumption here. PO has been posting town, but if smash thinks the move to the consig wagon would be scummy, and that dj didn't do it, then this part of the case should read:

DJ ISN'T SCUMMY.

moving on...
smash wrote:comments like this irk me. He shows that he's willing to go on the mallow wagon, and jumps on the zhero wagon once the case is brought up again, and a second person votes mallow.
it "irks" you? how? why? if i recall correctly, i was one of the pioneers of the zhero wagon. my iso 7 is wall of text which clearly explains my move to the zhero wagon. dismissing it by describing my move to the wagon as a mere "jump" is slightly off.
smash wrote:looking back at the block. lew already has a vote on me, and it's obvious that TheAdmiral and Gonzooo also thinks im scummy. Just as votes and ta-da! insta-wagon! just add votes! but on a more serious note, he gets away with a vote on me, saying "he's not sure quite why" and trying to persuade 3 more votes on me. he pretty much wants to say you guys do the work, I'll vote with you.
and here is the "convincing" part? this sounds like a description of how one goes about getting a suspect lynched. you encourage others to vote with you, while voting one of your top suspects. is it suddenly suspicious to try and organize the lynch of a suspect in the game of mafia? how would you describe other wagons? like mine for example. i have just accumulated a couple of votes. is it an "insta-wagon"? and if so, is that scummy? all this is is more "summary". summary =/= analysis.
smash wrote:scum-tastic. i used the unvote from rvs because first mallow says he agrees with you, then unvotes, saying he was just trying to humor you. you said the vote was serious.
mallow agrees, therefore his vote is serious
. then he takes it back completely. i don't call this rvs
ooh. he's broken out the big guns. descriptor words. "scum-tastic". let's break this down:
smash wrote:i used the unvote from rvs... i don't call this rvs
dj wrote: he is still using the events of the rvs to condemn mallow.
your case is tied into how mallow acted in the rvs. his initial backtrack from his rvs vote is the main gist of your entire case against him. your failed logic doesn't absolve you(its bolded). in rvs, people do things for reactions and such. people work to create pressure. mallow
may
have been doing just that. do you still feel strongly that mallow is scum?
smash wrote:it could be scum picking on an easy target, ok. you could also be scum picking on an easy target, someone who a few players said they found scummy, and not posting much of a case yourself (aside from the above, which is not strong).
logic fail. can't say my case and your case are similar and that my case is not strong, but then vote me. its just silly.
smash wrote:also, as was mentioned, the claim and move on wording is weird.
weird how?
smash wrote:Even if I was, there are two more scum out there. and you feel you don't need to do much more at this time? How is that helpful?

if you are scum, then i am satisfied with the job i have done. finding scum is helpful. one at a time is the best i can do.
smash wrote:yes, that warrants your statement. You fail to see that i continued to say mallow was scum and said i would return with a bigger case. I've been calling a couple people scum at once, and putting my vote on one of them. so yes. i have called mallow scum and put my vote elsewhere.
did i miss the "bigger case" on mallow?
mallow wrote:you've fine with lynching either mallow or me? mallow is my top scum read. you did express interest in voting mallow, when you said competing wagons were good.
By doing that you rid yourself of being on a mislynch.
But your read on mallow mustn't have been very strong, was it? because when Zhero claim, you went to the werewolf wagon, thinking now that Zhero wouldn't be lynched, you would do well with a werewolf lynch.
please explain the bolded. i am unclear as to what you are implying and i would like clarification before i respond to this section. also, why have you done nothing to convince me to vote mallow?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:13 am

Post by don_johnson »

quote fail, but you should be able to figure this one out.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:18 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

If I did not miss anything, this should be the

Unofficial Vote Countmashbro_of_the_SSSS (3) - don_johnson, ThAdmiral, vollkan
Purple Orange (1) - implosion
don_johnson (3) - Gonzooo, smashbro_of_the_SSSS, lewarcher82

Not Voting (2) - Purple Orange, mallowgeno

I will read your last post tomorrow DJ.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:24 am

Post by don_johnson »

implosion looks like he has a nice safe vote nestled in between all the discussion. i'll have to look back and see the case on purple. they are reading town to me, so...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:57 am

Post by don_johnson »

i think i'm moving implosion up the scumlist. i didn't catch it the first time around, but he initially questioned my vote on lew saying he "could see where i was coming from" but that he thought it may not be that big a deal. then his consig case was based entirely on the idea that:
implo wrote:Where the heck I'm coming from is that the mafia has a specific incentive to look like something that they are 100% not. If posts contain specific attempts at blending in that do not contain useful information, it's scummy.
which is basically identical to my reasoning for the initial lew vote. just because consig posted a little later in the thread, does not exclude him from being able to be extended the same "repreive" that he gives lew. he says lew's post "may be just a bunch of smilies". but he never gives consig that benefit of the doubt.

just reading a few iso. full thread reread later. but in any case. lew and implosion both seem to be looking worse as this day drags on. smash could still fit as the third scum, but reading him he could just be apathetic town. not enough evidence to take him off the lynch list yet, but certainly an

unvote
for now.

vote: implosion
until further notice.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

implosion has been prodded.

Since the prod is 6.5 hours early he has 54.5 hours to respond to it instead of just 48. But since I might not get to the computer again today I figured it was best to do it now than say, 16.5+ hours late.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by implosion »

Sorry, I've been slowly rereading the game for like an hour. Post is coming soon.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

smashbro wrote:--- You first say it is scummy for me to leave my vote on someone who will not create a fuss over it. Then you say it is scummy for me to move my vote to other people. What?
I can see how you would get that impression but that is a slight misrepresentation of what I am saying.
Essentially I am accusing you of trying to fly under the radar. I believe you are doing this by keeping your vote on one person, and voting other people only when they have copped a bit of heat and look like potential lynches.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@lew: not rolefishing as such. When you say stuff like "the vig is stupid" it's pretty clear you aren't the vig. I think
that
is a bit stupid.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by implosion »

Was writing this on and off and/or multitasking for the past couple hours.

Summary of everything since my last post:

dj 311: calling someone lazy then saying you don't feel the need to do much. INTERESTING. Also shenanigans about the whole "move on" thing, which is still really weird.
dj 317: o_o.
Smash 319: nothing really new. Not a terrible post, but it does contain more mallow tunneling.
Gonz 320: townpost. Scolding lew, giving reads, catching up and questioning in a nice concise package. Also lol@voting for saporo. As for the question in that post: I still think Purple's reaction on day one is strange and scummy. However, she is towntelling in other areas, so I'll just call her null for now. I like her posting overall, but I'm still withheld by this instance.
vollkan 324: nothing particular of note. Explaining his system, questioning/responding to those with high scores.
Purple 327: another fairly normal post, and a good example of Purple's overall protownness with legitimate points.
ThAd 329: tunneling Smash for tunneling mallow, essentially. Relevant in the context of Gonzoooo 349 later.
don/lew 334-344ish: Gonzoooo 337 sums it up nicely in one sentence. This strange conversation is counterproductive if anything, it'll just help the scum find the vig. Unlikely that they're both scum, but 1 out of don/lew is likely for rolefishing. lew also did rolefish at the beginning of the day, but I can see it as accidental. This conversation on the other hand went on for
way
too long. don for the more likely scum, because of (and someone said this already) his continuation of the conversation in 342 after lew tried to curtail it in 340. The whole back and forth was idiotic and shouldn't have happened in the first place.
ThAd 345: referral to the first lew possible rolefishing without mentioning the last 10 highly relevant posts... wut?
Smash 346: this post is pretty legit. Good arguments, etc. 346 also contains a don case, which is good, since don has been getting scummier and scummier.
vollkan 348: another unremarkable post, especially for its size. vollkan really stopped analysis for the most part after his reread, but I think that's a personality tell, though I'd prefer an opinion with meta experience of him. Also relevant in the context of Gonzoooo 349.
Gonzoooo 349:
Gonzoooo wrote:I also don't like that the more experienced players (volkan, ThAd, dj) all seem to be tunneling the shit out of his lynch. There are three scum in the game, and yet you three don't seem to see much beyond his lynch today. I'm not saying its implausible he's your top suspect, but when you're not looking at much else it starts to worry me that SOMEONE is going down the no-no path if you catch my drift. I don't believe all three of you are town, regardless of smash's alignment.
This, especially in the cases of where I already mentioned this post. Where this post applies, it really sums up the situation quite nicely. As for his comment on the Smash wagon, I generally don't like to correlate support for a wagon with likelyhood of scum. Bussing is always a possibility, for one thing. However, in this case, most of the voting seems pretty... tunnely.
lew 351: specifically the first thing he says. It's good that he's trying to cut off the conversation, specifically because I think he's doing it more in a way to avoid the conversation than to avoid the question. On the other hand:
Purple 352: a blatant accusation of rolefishing directed at lewarcher (at least that's the most notable thing IMO). Something like this needed to come from someone at some point. I really think one of lew/dj is likely scum, because I doubt a conversation like what transpired would happen between 2 mafia, but it just seems like pointless rolefishing on one of their parts and a need to continue the conversation for the other. Not much else of lew makes me suspicious, so I'm inclined to look at don for scum.
dj 354: essentially, he's saying he has no meta. Hrm.
Gonzoooo 356: not much. lulz.
dj 359: honestly, not much notable here. He refutes Smash's case. I still think don is scummy however, mostly because of what I already brought up in my last posts and also because of the possible rolefishing incident.
dj 363: thing is, Consig never
did
anything. lew did.
ThAd 366: okay, that's cleared up.
ThAd 367: and you brought this up BECAUSE........???????? :?: If you were town, this is another one of those things that you would have
no reason to say

General plea to everyone: lets stop talking about the vig now, shall we?

Unvote

Vote: don_johnson (L-1)

Still somewhat suspicious of Smash (alliteration unintentional). Purple reads town except for that one blemish that I can't quite overcome. Growing suspicion of ThAd, and also possibly vollkan based off of Gonzoooo 349. Gonzoooo for town. lew for PROBABLY town, because his rolefishing looks like it could be accidental to me and nothing else he's done is scummy imo. mallow's slot is still probably town, but we'll see his replacement.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by don_johnson »

tl;dr OMGUS. Nicely done.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by implosion »

Me voting you is in no way OMGUS, and you calling what I just did OMGUS makes me even surer that you're scum, because:
1) calling my vote OMGUS is an easy way to dismiss it, while it being after yours is actually just a coincidence of timing;
2) my vote clearly isn't OMGUS because I justified it with a
lot
of evidence;
3) my suspicion of you is nothing new. I became suspicious of you originally in post 309, I'm voting you now because your behavior since then reinforced what I thought then.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Ill pbp your post later, but i'd like some other opinions on it before I slay it.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:35 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

guys, the shit that was happening is still happening and getting serious. I apologise, but I have to go on
V/LA til Monday the 6th
... I realise that it means I will get back 2 days before deadline, but I have no choice.
I will try to have a look tonight, but I cannot guarantee.

mod: since we played for 4 days without mallow, couldn't you add some extra-time to the deadline?
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:46 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

second request for deadline extension in light of long replacement wait.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:08 am

Post by don_johnson »

funny. lew was worried about us being able to use our full week earlier. so much so that he was uncomfortable with smash at L-1. yet now, he leaves me at L-1 and goes V/LA until two days before deadline. any reason you're leaving me in quicklynch range while you sort your rl problems out?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6

Return to “Completed Open Games”