Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:21 am

Post by VP Baltar »

nocase wrote:there is a distinction between being leery of me and thinking i'm scummy, and while players often conflate the two in their writing i think tanstalas was/is aware of it. i don't like that attack on him.
Is this directed at me or tanstalas?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:25 am

Post by Zorblag »

My experience with mothrax (one game in which I was scum and he was town) was that I found him pretty attackable for many of the things that he did. I'm inclined to think that he plays a somewhat scummy game by default. He needs to do a bit more but I'll wait till he's had a chance to deliver the post he promised before judging too much.

@Exe, are you familiar with tanstalas's play? If so do you think that it's par for the course? Have you got any opinions of gandlaf5166 outside a joke reaction to his day cop claim at the start of the game?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:27 am

Post by Uite »

Vi wrote:
but I ask someone a question, I expect them to answer it. If someone answers it in their stead, that muddies things up and makes it less useful.
To speed things up, I'll answer the
non-contestable
points for Troll.
[etc.]
Still, it matters to me whose words they're written in. What you've done now is give me information about you, instead of information about him.
Vi wrote:
And of course I'm flattered by the comparison to Vi, but I think it's unfair. I don't know enough about his playstyle,
and I assume he doesn't about mine,
to be able to make such a comparison. Therefore the accusation looks unfounded to me, and I think everyone can agree that unfounded accusations are scummy.
Well, it is/was our first times playing with Troll, and we were latching on to the same reasons, and I was scum in that game, so etc.
And from what I've seen of you, so far I don't think you're a whole lot different from me tbh.
One can further argue that playstyle doesn't have much to do with it, but etc.
I would contest that it does, at least in this case. I like to question when I see something worth questioning, to help me understand what's going on. That's very different from trying to make someone look suspicious, which is what you accused me of.
Zorblag wrote:@Uite, great news! I'm now ready to cast what you think are real votes. My votes prior to this have been real and were cast for a reason but as others have said we can talk about that later.
Yeah, I should probably warn you guys, I tend to take things very literally.
Zorblag wrote:**edit** you answered that while I was getting this post finished; it looks like my take was largely correct but I'll say that it feels like you're assuming that familiarity with my play is scummy which I find odd.
It's not the familiarity per se, but rather the answering in someone's place. That denies me information, and implies a connection to me. Usually such a connection would point to scum or mason buddies, but I guess it can exist outside of the game proper too.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:29 am

Post by Vi »

Zorblag wrote:VP Baltar's daykill on VI is somewhat clever if you're aware of the players involved. If I've done this
right
wrong you'll see why in just a bit.
I guess it was only a matter of time before I had to
Daykill: Trollblag

Tr0ll wrote:The votes for
[Mariyta]
are fine at this point.
Is this as close as you get to actively pushing against someone, or is this a passive "eh let's go for it"?

---
Uite wrote:I would contest that it does, at least in this case. I like to question when I see something worth questioning, to help me understand what's going on. That's very different from trying to make someone look suspicious, which is what you accused me of.
So do I! Good to see I wasn't far off after all.~
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:32 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Nah, I'm just having fun. Yo. :othernon-gypsywords:
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:33 am

Post by Uite »

Vi wrote:So do I! Good to see I wasn't far off after all.~
You're going to have to explain this one more, I'm not completely following.

Also, I'm curious, how do you know about my playstyle? Is it from this game alone, or have you seen some of my other games as well?

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:38 am

Post by Vi »

Uite wrote:
Vi wrote:So do I! Good to see I wasn't far off after all.~
You're going to have to explain this one more, I'm not completely following.

Also, I'm curious, how do you know about my playstyle? Is it from this game alone, or have you seen some of my other games as well?
Actually, looking around the GTKAS forum. I thought I saw a resemblance.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Exe »

@Utie: I wanted to know the answer to the question. It was relevant to my read on you.

@Zorb: I am not familiar with tanstalas play, unless I've forgotten a game with him.
In regards to Gandalf, he's being as useless as ever. Would like to see more content out of him, but I've yet to see a game where he didn't spend half the time goofing off, regardless of alignment.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:52 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Eh, I'm done goofing off. The problem is that I'm not quite sure what to do now. I think I'll ISO Mariyta and see if the case against her is legit.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Zorblag »

@Uite, I don't think that being my scum buddy or mason buddy would give Vi (or anyone else) any inherent ability to answer the sorts of questions for me that he has. What you're seeing thus far is simply knowledge of how I'm going to play. I suppose that if you think he's defending my play that's a slightly different issue but it makes much more sense as a laying out of expectations in my opinion.

@Vi, mostly the comment that the votes on Mariyta were my thinking that those voting for her were making moves that I was fine with (and believe I understand the reasons for.) Adding my vote to the wagon at the end of my post without saying anything else was my indication that Mariyta's the best spot I see for it just now. A push might come later after I've seen more but I'm not one to push cases most of the time. It's more valuable to see how other people will chose to vote on their own than to have them following my lead.

@Exe, do you think that Mariyta is likely to be misrepresenting tanstalas in any way with her defense of him?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:55 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Oh yeah, this wagon is good. She's literally made one post that wasn't about my daycop claim, and all that she did of substance there was say that Tans was town.

VOTE: Mariyta

I know I'm hardly one to talk, but could you try posting some content?
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:58 am

Post by Uite »

Vi wrote:Actually, looking around the GTKAS forum. I thought I saw a resemblance.
That's interesting, because I don't think I've posted any game related stuff there. And I still don't quite get what you meant in post #103.
Exe wrote:@Utie: I wanted to know the answer to the question. It was relevant to my read on you.
That much I'd already figured out. I guess what I really wanted to know was why you couldn't wait until I answered Vi's question, since it would tell you exactly the same.
Zorblag wrote:@Uite, I don't think that being my scum buddy or mason buddy would give Vi (or anyone else) any inherent ability to answer the sorts of questions for me that he has. What you're seeing thus far is simply knowledge of how I'm going to play. I suppose that if you think he's defending my play that's a slightly different issue but it makes much more sense as a laying out of expectations in my opinion.
True, but it's not the ability but the willingness that's telling to me. I see the defending as a reinforcement of that connection.

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Zorblag »

@Uite, in the end that's going to be your call to make (I don't think that the motive you're attributing would actually be much of a factor at all personally) but I will say that I hope you'll not get too hung up on it. What do you think of Exe's vote for tanstalas? Well reasoned scum hunting or an opportunistic vote on a wagon on a weak player?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:20 am

Post by Vi »

Uite wrote:
Vi wrote:Actually, looking around the GTKAS forum. I thought I saw a resemblance.
That's interesting, because I don't think I've posted any game related stuff there. And I still don't quite get what you meant in post #103.
Personality.
Whenever you see a tilde you can ambiguously assume that I'm making light of the situation. In this particular case, this argument is becoming/has become stale and irrelevant (whether you see that or not) and I resorted to mildly trolling you.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Uite »

Zorblag wrote:I will say that I hope you'll not get too hung up on it.
I won't. I was basically telling you that in post #102.
Zorblag wrote:What do you think of Exe's vote for tanstalas? Well reasoned scum hunting or an opportunistic vote on a wagon on a weak player?
I think tanstalas had a point concerning nocase, and Exe's accusation based on that is less than solid. Whether that's actually scummy I haven't decided yet. Why do you ask? You yourself had a vote on tanstalas at that point, as per your RVS method, but unvoted shortly after Exe's vote. Why did you go for Mariyta instead of Exe? Also, why only list those two options? It reeks of false dichotomy.
Vi wrote:Personality.
Whenever you see a tilde you can ambiguously assume that I'm making light of the situation. In this particular case, this argument is becoming/has become stale and irrelevant (whether you see that or not) and I resorted to mildly trolling you.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm still not entirely sure if you can derive an in-game playstyle from someone's out-of-game personality like that though.

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:26 am

Post by Mariyta »

@Exe: I don't really have any opinion on anyone at this point. I'm having a hard time following this game and I can't get a read on anyone. I hate inHim's voting w/o a reason, but he does that all the time. Tans is being Tans, gandalf is being gandalf.

Maybe I'll feel more cooperative tomorrow if my unwanted houseguest gets the eff out. Doubtful, since she doesn't give a shit about what I want unless it fits into her little self-centered world.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Ythill »

• Vote Count

4 ~ Mariyta (Vi, inHimshallibe, Zorblag, gandalf5166)
    3 ~ tanstalas (nocase, VP Baltar, Exe)
    1 ~ Zorblag (tanstalas)
    1 ~ Vi (Uite)
    1 ~ VP Baltar (mothrax)

Not voting: xvart, Mariyta
  • Notes

• With twelve alive, it takes seven to lynch.
  • Deadline is December 21st, 22:00 PST (GMT-8).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by xvart »

First, I've played several games with gandalf and I don't think he would have the cajones to fake daycop as scum. He wouldn't survive under the pressure.
mothrax, 40 wrote:Gut votes this early in the game might as well be random, especially when you had made one post at the time of the vote.
But the definition of gut is that there is something, possibly subtly indescribable that indicates alignment, which is not random. Even if gut reads on page two are open to tremendous changes, there is still something itching to make it more valid than RVS.
Mariyta wrote:UNVOTE: gandalf

Tans is acting the same way he did the last game I was in with him. He was town then and made us waste a crucial lynch.

Fake DK was a pretty obvious joke, but unnecessary. Fake DKs are always in bad taste, IMO.
I think I was in this game and I can attest to basic agreement to this. I'll have to go back and look specifically at his play as we progress as I was one of the people lobbying for his lynch. I do remember him being defensive and erratic, but nothing else specific. Was he the D1 lynch that game or the D2 lynch?

Also,
Mariyta:
why did you unvote Gandalf? Do you believe nocase is telling you the truth or that he is hiding something or backpedaling? Personally, I have always had a problem with people who cast so called random votes that align with something that has occurred in game, and I don't really like the response that nocase is just wagoning like people wagon in the first few pages.
nocase
- from your posts I'm reading that you routinely just wagon for the sake of wagoning with your entry vote (or thereabouts) so if there had been another vote cast is a safe assumption that you would have wagoned one of them? Would gandalf's claim have any effect on picking which wagon to wagon?

I find the morthax/VP discussion about emulating RVS voting methodology entirely uninteresting.
tanstalas, 79 wrote:Do you think that nocase switching his vote to me because I did not comment on the Mariyta thing is a justified vote?
Do you?
Uite, 81 wrote:
Exe wrote:It would be extremely useful for you to tell us of actual reads on players.
I don't really have solid reads yet, though at the moment I'm suspicious of VP Baltar and Vi. Zorblag by association through Vi.
I really don't like this post as he casts suspicion on three of the heaviest hitters in this game for what I can only describe as being on the outside of an inside joke.
Zorblag, 99 wrote:@xvart, welcome to the game. If you had to guess who do you think Mariyta was talking about? I claim that it should be particularly obvious and that your question feels manufactured.
My guess would be gandalf, but the structure of the he's fun to play with was weird because she was responding to without referencing any name, and I didn't recall you even speaking to her.
gandalf5166, 108 wrote:Eh, I'm done goofing off. The problem is that I'm not quite sure what to do now. I think I'll ISO Mariyta and see if the case against her is legit.
You obviously faked a day cop reveal for a reason. Were you able to garner anything from the reactions?
gandalf5166, 110 wrote:Oh yeah, this wagon is good. She's literally made one post that wasn't about my daycop claim, and all that she did of substance there was say that Tans was town.
Do you think tans is town?

Currently debating on voting Uite or nocase.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Apologies for the previous outburst. I will do a re-read tomorrow.

@xvart: Can't remember if tans was D1 or D2. There was so much shoddy play in that game, it's all a blur. I unvoted gandalf because my intial vote (which came before his claim) was simply random (actually based off his play in LotR, so it's entertaining that he then went and did the same thing here). My unvote has nothing to do with nocase. I think nocase did vote based on gandalf's claim; whether he believed the claim or just wanted to wagon is another matter. And yes, I was talking about gandalf in that quote. In LotR, he threw the entire town in an uproar for several pages and eventually got himself vigged. It was fun to watch.

Ftr, I never said Tans was town. I just said he's acting the same way he did the last game we played in, in which he turned up town. I've yet to form an opinion on him in this game.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
tanstalas
tanstalas
Too Much Game
tanstalas
Too Much Game
Too Much Game

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by tanstalas »

Thank you Zorblag and nocase for responding to me.

Unvote: Zorblag

I would make a bigger post now, however it is Thursday and that means Call of Duty night with the boys :)

Will do a re-read and make comments tomorrow.
FlayTheScum 1:33 am
RC does not have my stash of animal porn, I promise you.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

I didn't actually mean to garner any reactions from my daycop, I assumed everyone would assume it was an RVS joke >.> That said, I found one scum: Mariyta. Something also feels a little off about Zorblag's response, but I'm less confident in that.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:58 am

Post by Uite »

xvart wrote:
Uite, 81 wrote:
Exe wrote:It would be extremely useful for you to tell us of actual reads on players.
I don't really have solid reads yet, though at the moment I'm suspicious of VP Baltar and Vi. Zorblag by association through Vi.
I really don't like this post as he casts suspicion on three of the heaviest hitters in this game for what I can only describe as being on the outside of an inside joke.
There's a lot more to it than that though, as I've explained in subsequent posts. And what justification do you have at this point that I'm scummy for this?

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Vi »

ITT, xvart is also scum. xvart's new name is Flavio to go along with being scum with Mariyta.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:23 am

Post by Mariyta »

Vi wrote:ITT, xvart is also scum. xvart's new name is Flavio to go along with being scum with Mariyta.
Do your reads always suck this bad? Or is this just a special game?
-Susan Ertz

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Vi »

Mariyta wrote:
Vi wrote:ITT, xvart is also scum. xvart's new name is Flavio to go along with being scum with Mariyta.
Do your reads always suck this bad? Or is this just a special game?

But do go on. Tell me why xvart is Town.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”