SMBM 1: IoBC GAME OVER! CONGRATULATIONS: TOWN AND KAMIKAZE!

Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by Bowser »

THE FIFTH INVASION LOG OF DAY 1

Antihero [0]
>AurorusVox [1] Antihero

>Bunnylover [1] muh316

>>>chkflip [7] diddin, GhostWriter, SharkFinn, Zodiark13, GandalfIzSik, mongoose, Lakitu

curiouskarmadog [0]
>danakillsu [1] Nexus

>diddin [2] Midnight's Sorrow, AurorusVox

>>GandalfIzSik [3] Bunnylover, SwiftStrike, Iecerint

>GhostWriter [1] danakillsu

Gollum
Head_Honcho
horrordude0215
Iecerint [0]
jimfinn
Lakitu
Lowell
Lrdwhyt
mallowgeno
Meh+Rawr
>Midnight's Sorrow [1] curiouskarmadog

mongoose [0]
muh316
Nexus
Pranadevil [0]
SharkFinn [0]
>SwiftStrike [1] Pranadevil

Zdenek
Zodiark13 [0]

Not Voting: Whoever hasn't voted

>Game Status and Deadline
>>Day 1
>>With 28 alive, 15 will burn the target to a golden crisp. The one in bold will meet their maker if time were to run out. If there are more than one bolded, that's where my random choice will burn.
>>Deadline is Wednesday, December 15th, at 7:00pm EST
>>Some votes were not counted because the player hasn't unvoted.

>Replacements
>>Prod check in progress. Prodding those who need it once checking is done.
>>MehPlusRawr is being replaced
>>mallowgeno is being replaced

>Away Statuses
>>Zdenek is on V/LA until an ungiven time.
>>diddin is on V/LA until Sunday

>Misc.
It's
BOWSER TIME!
SMBMIIIS: The War on Bleck's Army
is coming to a Mini Theme queue near you! 0/6 pre-in's taken.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Sorry I wasn't aware the game began. I'd like to stay in if I can! I will reread ASAP
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:13 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Vote Midnight Sorrow

Scummiest read right now IMO
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:11 pm

Post by Bowser »

Greetings, all. Now that you have gotten acquainted to some degree, allow me to properly introduce myself.

I...am Lord Bowser.

As you all know, the events of the last three months have shaken up my Kingdom considerably. Thanks to my Koopa Troop, we have restored order and I have
enslaved
captured those who are responsible for the vandalism to my castle. However, jamming an enormous sword into my roof and opening a dimensional vortex in my basement requires more than the usual capital punishment I use in these sorts of situations. I have assembled the 28 of you in my throne room to exact this punishment on the Smithy Gang by playing mafia...
to the death
. However, there is a wrinkle in this scheme. Being as how I like their moxie, I am giving them a fighting chance to get out of this alive. All of you are disguised in hooded robes and you must discuss it among yourselves who I will burn to a crisp each game day. You will also have night actions that can either tilt the balance more in the favor of the Smithy Gang, or get rid of them sooner.

My faithful minion Untrod Tripod will be providing a fictionalized storybook account of what goes on during the nights and days.
It's
BOWSER TIME!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:34 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

All the familiar characters from around the mushroom kingdom
BOWSER'S KINGDOM

BOWSER'S KINGDOM
beg your pardon, merciful Lord Bowser
were gathered in the splendidly decorated foyer of Bowser's castle. They gazed around in wonderment, because its remodeling was a storied and wonderful event for the serfs in this domain. They gazed upon the bas reliefs of Lord Bowser doing battle with the mustachioed plumber

slid their eyes gently along the black marble statues of His Flame-i-ness in the most menacing poses ever conceived in art

and reveled in the fabulous job the caterers had done with the cheese table (complete with cheese fountain!)

This truly would be an event to remember for years to come. However, an outside observer might notice that something is off. Namely, all of the guests are wearing identity-concealing hooded robes! As far as this observer can tell, everyone's identity is a secret. They mill about, talking jovially about the various exploits of the past few months and occasionally pointing fingers at each other and calling for others to suffer horrible fiery death.

Lord Bowser sits all-knowingly, watching the proceedings. For the moment, no one is in serious danger of being chosen to die, so he is content to merely sit at laugh at their expense. Speaking of which, I need to get him this plate of cocktail weenies.

Lord Bowser has the best caterers...
Once I am finished devouring the remainder of the weenies, I will report more on what has happened here. Until then...try to stay alive.

<3,
Untrod
1 lb bacon
Toothpicks

Butter a casserole dish.

Preheat over to 325 degrees. Cut the bacon into thirds. Wrap each weenie with a slice of the cut bacon and secure with a toothpick. Pack the weenies into the casserole tightly. One layer only.

Cover the whole mess with brown sugar. The sugar should cover the weenies.

Place in the oven. Total cooking time is about 45 minutes, but check it from time to time, basting the sugar mixture over the weenies. When done, the bacon should be crisp and the sugar completely melted.

DON'T EAT DIRECTLY FROM THE OVEN. You'll be tempted, but hot sugar and bacon fat isn't something to mess with. Let cool for at least 10 minutes. For service, its not a bad idea to stir the mixture to make sure each weenie is covered with the caramelized sugar and bacon fat.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:06 am

Post by chkflip »

This is retarded. That being said, I'll definitely be looking into those that have voted me as they're not all mislead townies. Report back when I've gathered something of value. I'm willing to softclaim at this point, but something tells me that'd be "anti-town" and found "scummy" in some other dumbass way, too.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:26 am

Post by Swiftstrike »

Well the flavour text definitely clears up that the Smith gang are the scum that needs to be found. So that ends that distracting conversation, the other distracting conversation is question of whether we should be looking for third party or scum, given that at the moment we don't have any info on whether there is any third party surely at the moment hunting something not necessarily in the game is a strange way to waste time. Anyway.
PranaDevil wrote:and -100 points from gandalf as well.
Where did you -100 from someone else before that you can do it again and why do you still have your RVS vote still on me? Have you not found anything yet that you find more suspicious that random vote?

Zodiark13 wrote:EBWOP: Fuck being sick.
You just posted your missing "all hail lord bowser" and they you make another post without it in, so is this supposed to be something mandatory or just when you remember it.
GandalfIzSik wrote:1. I didn't claim PR. I could have been saying that my PM implied that I might have had a role.
2. I nearly always softclaim PR D1, sometimes excepting the times when I actually am one.
3. I usually assume that bastard mods are vanillaless. The scum probably do too. So in essence, I've either given them information that they already knew, or I'm trying to draw a NK.
1)You did a little more than that plus you managed to draw two others into saying the same thing, what town reason do you have to imply you have a role?
2)Why? again how is this town beneficial?
3)So you are trying to draw a night kill but telling scum that you are trying to draw a night kill, surely this faulty logic or are you trying to hide the fact that your "claim" drew out two similar claims?
mallowgeno wrote:
Vote Midnight Sorrow

Scummiest read right now IMO
Why? a little bit of meat on the bones might be useful when you haven't previous contributed to the thread.
chkflip wrote:This is retarded. That being said, I'll definitely be looking into those that have voted me as they're not all mislead townies. Report back when I've gathered something of value. I'm willing to softclaim at this point, but something tells me that'd be "anti-town" and found "scummy" in some other dumbass way, too.
With it being fifteen to burn I don't see any reason to be any form of claiming now unless for some reason you are feeling the heat(pardon the pun) right now for non town reasons.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:37 am

Post by AurorusVox »

"I'm willing to softclaim" essentially is a softclaim because you're saying "I have something to claim." As SwiftStrike has pointed out, why do you feel the need to get a "claim" in the air so early? We're only a few pages in; deadline is in the far distance; and you still need a lot of votes to burn. It's not dumbass to point out how jittery you seem about the wagon on you so far.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:47 am

Post by chkflip »

I don't like to waste town time, be it a day or two weeks from deadline.

I'm currently in a game where people waited for deadline to get things into serious motion, and it's caused the game to pretty much die.

I'm "jittery" because I'm town and this mislynch's only just cause is your disdain for my playstyle. Not everyone plays the same, nor is everyone nice about it. Everything else has been explained and, if it's wordplay your after, you need to stop strawmanning.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:50 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Swiftstrike wrote:
Where did you -100 from someone else before that you can do it again and why do you still have your RVS vote still on me? Have you not found anything yet that you find more suspicious that random vote?
I thought it was quite obvious with the line of posts, that I was saying Gandalf was wrong in who the scum group were, based on the fact I have played the game.
Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:17 am

Post by Swiftstrike »

PranaDevil wrote:
Swiftstrike wrote:
I thought it was quite obvious with the line of posts, that I was saying Gandalf was wrong in who the scum group were, based on the fact I have played the game.
And as for my other point, have you not found someone suspicious yet or are you keeping your vote on me so it's easy to move when you see which way the winds is blowing?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:21 am

Post by PranaDevil »

We're at page 8, and so far there's been sod all happening, we moved from RVS over to people debating on who the scum were, and that's about it really, I've not understood any of the arguments for lynching chkflip, and the reasons people had for voting Gandalf were just stupid. So I don't have a read on anyone. Are you really that worried about having a single vote on you swift? This isn't the UKFF were a single vote means anything (it shouldn't there either, but even so). Hell, even if I removed my vote from you outright, it would still be "easy to move", hell, it would be "easy to move" regardless of who I was voting for, so I don't even get what you were trying to get at.
Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:37 am

Post by Swiftstrike »

Not worried at all, just interested to know why you where holding a RVS vote at this stage. So you don't feel that Gandalf was rolefishing with his first comment in this thread or is your comment more related to the discussion of a policy lynch that the others who have voted have given as a reason?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:18 am

Post by PranaDevil »

It wasn't role fishing, and I don't agree with policy lynches anyway.
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:53 am

Post by Bowser »

DavidParker is taking MPR's spot. I'm sending him his Role PM shortly. REJOICE! We're actually full.
It's
BOWSER TIME!
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:11 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Midnight hasn't been very helpful thus far. Lots of fluff posts.
Swiftstrike
Swiftstrike
Goon
Swiftstrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Swiftstrike »

PranaDevil wrote:It wasn't role fishing, and I don't agree with policy lynches anyway.
would you consider what he did pro town then?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:29 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I'd consider it exceptionally null.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:36 am

Post by DavidParker »

Hey guys, done a quick skim-through.

For now,
SET FIRE TO: Midnight Sorrow

More content coming soon.

Love the flavor (pun intended)
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:27 am

Post by chkflip »

mongoose wrote:I coulda swore I had posted that I was
v/la until Monday
. Sorry for the lack of posting, I've been busy with IRL stuff.

unvote

I've never been a fan of RVS, and the vote is kinda pointless now. Im not sure what to make of Gandalfizsik's soft claim, and his justification. RIght now I'm going to call it null and move on.
Gollum wrote:
Prana's avatar is ugly and we hates it.
Oh the irony.

I dont like Chkflip's justification of doing something anti town. He says that makes the scum do more anti-town things. that seems like a pretty pathetic explanation. I haven't seen anything else too scummy thus far so VOTE: Chkflip
- AAAAAAAAAND this post right here is why I reactionfish, ladies and gents. Explination:

-- As someone of the town, why wouldn't you explain why you think it's a pathetic explination? Only someone of the scummy side would lay such a vote without proper justification.

-- Way to fluff up your post so this would get past your typical mafioso without a second thought. Another point to the scummitude of this whole thing.

-- It's cool that you were V/LA, as someone who's life has gotten in front of them, I don't hold it against you. Not even the fact that you "forgot" is all that scummy, but this does add to the overall fluffy "HEY GUIEZ, I BEEN'A FLOATIN' THROUGH THIS, BUT DUN WORRIES CUZ I'Z TOWNIE" read of the post.

-- I, too, giggled at the irony of Gollum *chokes*GOLLUM*chokes*GOLLUM*choke*'s post (Sorry, had to. LOVE that character. <3) but guess what? I didn't fluff my post to point it out. Why'd you feel the need to point something out that didn't need pointing out?

-- Overall, what I'm getting at, is the point of this post, overall, doesn't make sense as it has no direct town-motivation. He's been gone, comes in, apologizes, points out worthless information, then tops it off with a bandwagon vote without a second thought. Methinks this is a scumslip. Mostly through the last sentence before the vote.

-- "I haven't seen anything else too scummy." Is it because he's been gone? Certainly not, as he pointed out in the start of the post that he doesn't know what to think of GIS's softclaim. Doesn't add up to me.

Am I the only one who thins this?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:30 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

"-- Way to fluff up your post so this would get past your typical mafioso without a second thought. Another point to the scummitude of this whole thing."

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

CHK JUST SCUMSLIPPED LOL.
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:38 am

Post by Bowser »

Gandalf replaces GandalfIzSik by gandalf's request. Shotty has not made a single post in this game as a hydra.
It's
BOWSER TIME!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:40 am

Post by chkflip »

:/ I was making points against his post? Jesus, and I was wondering why people make fun of you and shotty. Are you implying that my post is fluffy? Because I made sure that each -- brought up a new point, with one summing it up.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:51 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

You said "mafioso"
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:00 am

Post by chkflip »

Wow, you must really think I'm dense if you're reading that as a slip. The game is called Mafia. As players of the game, we would then be mafiosos. Because we're all members of a Mafia gaming site. That's me attempting to be clever, which is something I do often in my jackassery. You can check my meta for that, if you'd like.

Was that it?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”