ATHF Mafia OVER(roles and whatnot revealed)

podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by podium123456 »

dayumm... albert just body slammed magna! what you gonna do now, magna?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Votecount (as of this post)
Deadline is December 7th at 12:34 PM PST
Magnaface: 4 (Fate, Nacho, podium, kcdaspot) L-3
Seacore: 1 (implosion) L-6
VibeBox: 4 (GhostWriter, Magna, RedCoyote, Seacore) L-3
Not Voting: 3 (VasudeVa, VibeBox, Zdenek) L-4
Last edited by Untrod Tripod on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:15 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Hmmm... Would you really have switched had VibeBox came on to claim Frylock or something?
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:49 am

Post by VasudeVa »

YOUR EYES WILL
EXPLODE
FROM READING.

Coming This
/
3 or 4
/

PREPARE YOURSELVES

VAS WALLOFTEXT PICTURES
AND
VAS CATCHUP PRODUCTIONS
PRESENT IN ASSOCIATION WITH
VAS STOP BEING LAZY WITH YOUR GAMES INC.
STARRING
VASUDEVA
CASTING BY
VASUDEVA
MUSIC BY
RANDOM ARTIST IN YOUTUBE
EDITOR
VASUDEVA
PRODUCTION MANAGER
VASUDEVA
FOOD AND DRINKS BY
VAS' CUPBOARD AND FRIDGE
WRITTEN BY
VASUDEVA
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:10 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

^^ keep it claen VV and you'll hear no complaint from me.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:05 am

Post by Zdenek »

To address the issue of how to use the role cop. Considering the theme of the game, I don't think it makes sense to lynch people based purely on their roles. However, I think one use of the role cop could be to tell if someone is using a fake claim (in case scum has them) or not, which could definitely be useful.

As far as other matters are concerned, I can get behind parts of the case against Magna (he's been a bit opportunistic, he had his vote on VB while pushing Podium's lynch, his attack against k-spot was weak), but I think there is one person who nearly every person who's reads I trust seems to think (or at least has thought as some point in the game) is probably scum, but no one has applied much pressure to at all.

Vote VV

Needless to say I'm looking forward to your wall of text.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:09 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS FILLER:

Hey Zdenek good to see ya

END FILLER.

Good points about the role cop. True about VV. but because I don't repeat myself more, I'll stop here.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:16 am

Post by podium123456 »

RedCoyote wrote:Hmmm... Would you really have switched had VibeBox came on to claim Frylock or something?
Who are you talking to?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Z: We only have 4 days until deadline... i really dont think you can get a VV wagon up from 0 by then. You expressed susp. of MOI... why not vote him?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@ mod: Can we get a vote count pls.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:30 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Anyone who wants to answer.

Frankly, gentlemen, we need a lynch. This is getting a bit ridiculous. I can sympathize with the idea of not lynching someone who can't claim, but we're getting to the point where we can't fully analyze a claim anyways.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:52 am

Post by podium123456 »

^^ yes, time is running out. why dont you join the MOI wagon so we can get a claim before deadline? or do u not suspect him at all? (cant remember what you have said about him)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:58 am

Post by RedCoyote »

No, I don't think he's the best one here townwise, but I also don't like how this wagon sprung up out of the blue. I feel like Fate and/or Nacho didn't want VibeBox to bite the bullet for some reason. Yeah, we probably weren't going to get a claim. That's tough. That's the way it happens sometimes. I'd rather lynch someone "blindly" then get four claims from people and sit here undecided until the deadline with our thumb's up our asses.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

^^^ he makes i good point... if he dosen't come back it's HIS loss. enough of the BS magna would be a better D2 lynch if anything.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: VIBE

voting because I won't be the hammer. WATCH ME CATCH FLAK FOR THIS ONE FOLKS!!! :L
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by podium123456 »

RedCoyote wrote:No, I don't think he's the best one here townwise, but I also don't like how this wagon sprung up out of the blue. I feel like Fate and/or Nacho didn't want VibeBox to bite the bullet for some reason. Yeah, we probably weren't going to get a claim. That's tough. That's the way it happens sometimes. I'd rather lynch someone "blindly" then get four claims from people and sit here undecided until the deadline with our thumb's up our asses.

Well, here's your chance to help us get a lynch. do you think MOI is scummier than vibe? I do. You weren't exactly all gung ho for the vibebox lynch either, so i dont necessarily understand why you wont get behind this wagon.

i'm a little suspicious of your attitude here. especially with this 'i feel like fate and/or nacho didn't want vibebox to bite the bullet' theory... they were both on him at L-1 for days. how is your statement justified, when considering that fact?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Preview edit: Albert... *facepalm*
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Albert, if you think MOI is scummy, you should stay on his wagon to see if we can get the votes. there's a good possibility we can. if we can't, then we can more than likely easily default back to VB, even if we wait until monday.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

:/ ....

UNVOTE:
VOTE: MoI

you got til sunday evening...
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

sorry i've been impatient as of late... i really gotta calm down...
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:44 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Post #702 is one of the greatest things I've ever seen in a game of mafia. Sorry I've been a somewhat inactive mod as of late. Grad school is a bitch sometimes. I'm loving reading the game, guys.

I'm looking for a replacement for VibeBox. He never picked up my prod, so I suspect that he has run away screaming from
this game
MafiaScum. If you guys know of anyone who would be interested in replacing in, PM me.

(Flavor will go here later)
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:55 am

Post by Zdenek »

podium123456 wrote: Z: We only have 4 days until deadline... i really dont think you can get a VV wagon up from 0 by then. You expressed susp. of MOI... why not vote him?
Since I think Magna is a better choice than VB today, okay.
Unvote: VV
Vote MoI
Last edited by Untrod Tripod on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:58 am

Post by Zdenek »

THIS POST HAS BEEN ENTIRELY REPLACED WITH DICKS

Last edited by Untrod Tripod on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:05 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Whoa...
Ay yo mod, what's the votecount?
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:08 am

Post by podium123456 »

^^ it's at the top of the page. Z's vote puts MOI at 5 L-2.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:12 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Ah, I missed that. Thank you.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:35 am

Post by podium123456 »

why you no joiney wagon?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:57 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

I don't have much time right now to address most of the horrible points being made (KCDA's post is particularly bad) but just let me say for the record the following -

Anyone who doesn't think a sudden wagon that materializes suddenly 4 days before lynch when our prior candidate has been at L-1 for significant time isn't scum-driven is either scum or a bad Town player.

There is absolutely at least 1 scum member in the gang of 4 who suddenly hopped on with little to no justification (thats Nacho, Fate, Podium and KCDA).

More later when I don't have family responsabilities.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:55 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Nacho is not scum. I doubt Fate is, but he's a read I save for later, assuming he even survives that long. I've been trying to see Podium out of tunnelvision, and I hesitate to go back down that road, which started with something that legitimately seemed scummy. KCDA, I could possibly see as scummy.

Podium, I didn't vote because of internal conflict. You see, I like having a person here when we lynch them. But I feel shitty when I lynch a replacement. I refuse to leave D1 without a lynch. MoI would be a person here for it. He is actively fighting his wagon. People are taking sides on the issue. We have shit to analyze tomorrow if we lynch him. But I like him as a player, as far as having him in games and contributing. So if he's town, I'll get angry for lynching him D1. It's mostly that if I'm gonna do it, I need to psych myself up for it first, and I haven't, because I haven't been able to read the cases against him all the way just yet. Was using a phone to try to do it, but that's not too easy. Now I have my laptop cause I'm home, so I'll probably get around to it today.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Magna wrote:It’s perking up because he’s been missing for his LA and suddenly he pops in to sheep your case. Nice of you to make a semantics argument rather than address that his reasoning is poor.
He hasn't been missing for his LA, remember?
Fate wrote:But consider me LA not the normal sort of LA where I can't get on often, but the emotionally drained LA where... well you know. Let's just say I wasn't on a plane to paradise, it was to hell, but I went anyway because I had to.
Which means that his reasoning isn't going to be all that strong. So I asked how him sheeping me (which you regard as terrible play) was him "perking up" and returning to normalcy.
Magna wrote:First nice sly attempt to assert that by posting on a regular schedule (once a day) and not spamming I must be scum. Classic.

I’ve waited for you to provide content all game long. I figured your statement was just more empty active-lurking on your part.
I didn't infer that. People normally expect others to be at or above their activity level, right? So I pointed out that you post once a day, and thus had no right to assume that I wasn't going to follow through any earlier than then.

My active lurking was NOT promising to give content and then not delivering on that promise. My active lurking was promising not to give content and not following through on it. So, why couldn't you wait longer than a day to see if my promise changed before asking for a hammer?
Magna wrote:If he had come back he got Town points but if he didn’t it wasn’t scummy? So you were just pressuring for Town reads?
If he came back, that would be a conscious decision on his part, and thus, yeah, he'd get Town points. If he didn't come back, I'd have no way of determining whether that was a conscious decision or not, so he wouldn't get significant scum points. So you could say that I was pressuring for town reads, but normally people pressure just for stronger reads; they don't actually care whether their pressure results in a town or scum read.
Magna wrote:I'd say I was confused about your motivation in that post but it's now crystal clear ... it was just a way to active lurk.
Why would I need a reason to active lurk? I told you I was going to. I didn't get attacked for it. Wouldn't that mean that I would have all the reason I needed to active lurk all I wanted, and thus wouldn't have to rely on pulling stunts like that?
Magna wrote:So one specific game where Fate bussed his buddies D1 and D2 as a Godfather and went on to victory is evidence that it’s a good Town strategy to sheep him as scum? Town lost that game, regardless of how dangerous he was to his partners.
That was to point out that Fate isn't afraid to bus his partners as scum.
Fate still has put pressure on people in this game. The pressure is still pressure, and thus will still generate content, will be twice as powerful thanks to me, and thus we'll still get twice the read from it. I mean, I suppose sheeping Fate would be a terrible strategy if I also blindly believed what he said, but I tend to draw conclusions of my own based on the reactions Fate's pressurees give.
Magna wrote:Ok. I didn’t use consistent language. Sue me.
Your inconsistent language also means that your little point of clearing me doesn't work anymore. The post where I was confused about the votecount shouldn't have been enough to show that I wasn't lurking and thus solidified your town read on me.
Magna wrote:Tunneling indicates I didn’t do anything but attack Vibe and only Vibe. Which is false.
Or the only pressure you put on anyone was on Vibe. Which was true.
Magna wrote:Thanks for missing the point. I haven’t given a read on Podium. Once again … as Town I have to form reads. I’ll let you know when I’ve decided on Podium. That’s part of being the Uninformed Minority.
You've been so utterly consumed by him that I'd think that you'd have a read on him by now. But if you still don't, then... Fair enough.
As far as being part of the Uninformed Minority... did you just claim SK? Or are you scum who just fudged up a townie claim?
Magna wrote:If you really were doing anything with grandstanding you would have done so. But you didn't. Feel free to look back. Pro-Tip … you will not find any buddies since I’m not scum. But thanks for the empty threat.
Oh, okay. Looking back, and I find something a tiny bit important missing. You have no clear read on anyone except for Vibe.
And sorry about that. I forgot that you didn't have any buddies, considering you're SK and all ;)
Magna wrote:Is the discussion that you are alluding to the exchange where you and Fate fluff back and forth about me being scum? Just want to be sure. Because a discussion usually entails actual content. That I thought was just you guys trying to be funny. Were you serious?
Mhm.
Magna wrote:Um, when again did I call VV my #3 read? That would be never. I listed my scum-reads. You jumped to the conclusion that they were necessarily ordered in outside of Vibe being obv-scum. And it obviously did strike a nerve based on your reaction. You can do better than that Nacho.
Wait, so VV is your #2 read, based on meta? And if he isn't your #3 read, that only makes your case weaker.
Right. So me playing more seriously isn't due to the person that I'm sheeping going LA, it's because of your weak connection you've made between VV and I. Okay, Magna. :roll:
Magna wrote:Ok, so you can adopt a strategy of sheeping someone and then point to that and say “I didn’t mention VV because Fate didn’t’? Nice hand-off of responsibility for your play there. It’s not your fault you didn’t mention VV and he did classic scum soft distancing toward you – Fate controls your actions.
I can and I did. And it's pretty damn scummy how you're only noticing it when I start attacking you.
Magna wrote:Just like me knowing Podium’s alignment would require me to be scum.
You've been having a huge wall-off with podium for a pretty long time now. I haven't had the same advantage with VB. I've had less time, and, wait! I've still got a read on him.
Magna wrote:All of this is meant to show I’m scum again how? That's a good summary of why I say they are presumed Town.
You asked if I knew they were town simply because I was scum and I knew their alignment.
I pointed out that they are town beyond reasonable doubt, and thus the thought isn't at the back of my mind because it's a stupid thought to have.
Magna wrote:And did I miss where Ghost actually claimed Frylock as opposed to just confirming implosion’s claim being correct? Why couldn’t Carl be a Mason with him?
Can you really see Carl being a mason with Shake? Ever?
This is just a filler point, but still.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”