Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:15 am

Post by Vi »

L-1
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Uite »

xvart wrote:
Uite, 158 wrote:
@xvart:
Apparently you misunderstand my points. I've already retracted my issue with Zorblag and Vi based on Vi's answering for him. My other issue with Vi was him jumping to conclusions. As for VP Baltar, I'm suspicious because he apparently wasn't aware of what I had said, yet he was willing to vote me for it. That's scummy, and it's something you are guilty of as well, and to a greater degree. I certainly don't think these are trivial things.
I'm guilty to a greater degree for jumping to conclusions? If that is scummy, why are you not voting for me? Chronologically speaking, at the time of your post, you said VP was suspicious for something that might have been an accident. I'm not jumping to any conclusions there because it is laid out in front of me: VP is scummy for something that might not be scummy.
How's your reading comprehension? There's a sentence between the jumping to conclusions part and the calling something scummy part, and that missing sentence contains what I'm accusing you of as well. That's the second time you're getting my statements wrong.

I do support you bussing your buddy, but everyone take note, this is
L-1
. Nobody hammer without a damn good reason, it's too early for this day to end.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:17 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Some reason I thought that the lynch threshold was 5. And that doesn't even make sense, as Uite would have hammered.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:19 am

Post by Vi »

Uite wrote:Nobody hammer without a damn good reason, it's too early for this day to end.
Well, not really. The only person we need to hear more from is Troll OTOH.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Uite »

Vi wrote:Well, not really. The only person we need to hear more from is Troll OTOH.
That was my main concern. I still have some pressing issues with the guy. And the game is only 72 hours old. Ending it now seems too soon on principle.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Vi »

Uite wrote:
Vi wrote:Well, not really. The only person we need to hear more from is Troll OTOH.
That was my main concern. I still have some pressing issues with the guy. And the game is only 72 hours old. Ending it now seems too soon on principle.
Numerous other sites have 72-hour
deadlines
for Day 1, and if we've gotten plenty out of the Day there's no sense in dragging it out because we can.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:44 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

On a site where I used to play, deadlines for days were 48 hours.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:50 am

Post by Uite »

Personally, I like the slow pace on this site. Granted, we've had a lot of solid discussion already, and pretty much everyone has contributed to it, but I still think it's going a little too fast. I'd like some time to actually reflect on what has happened so far.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Vi »

Reflect away; we're waiting on Troll.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Ythill »

• Vote Count

6 ~ Mariyta (Vi, inHimshallibe, Zorblag, gandalf5166, Uite, xvart)
    L-1

3 ~ tanstalas (nocase, Exe, Mariyta)
    1 ~ Exe (tanstalas)
    1 ~ gandalf5166 (mothrax)
    1 ~ xvart (VP Baltar)

Not voting: :cool:
  • Notes

• With twelve alive, it takes seven to lynch.
  • Deadline is December 21st, 22:00 PST (GMT-8).
  • If my color choices look odd to you, try Sepia.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:38 am

Post by Uite »

So I've reread the thread.

Some things that stood out to me (that I haven't already noted before):

nocase's vote for Exe was very delayed, having first gone after Mariyta for a bit. Only after he votes for someone else does he explain it, and the reason seems lacking; Exe was not the only one who ignored gandalf's claim. The case against tanstalas later on seems overblown too, especially the way he's clamouring for a lynch, while not contributing anything else. Not really liking this.

VP Baltar never got back to mothrax's question in Post #77. He spent some time pursuing him, and then just stopped.

My own accusation of Exe's hypocrisy was definitely me overreacting. Still, I don't like his jump on tanstalas.

Zorblag seems noncommittal. Why this is, I'm not sure yet.

nocase never responds to xvart's questions in post #117.

Questioning a town read on yourself like xvart did in post #142 is something I've done myself as scum, though I'm not sure if it's actually a tell.

Mariyta's play is horrible, but the claim is halfway believable with the flavour. I'm starting to doubt whether she's really scum.

xvart didn't respond to VP Baltar's 'feeling things out' accusation when adressing his other points in post #173.

Okay, so right now I don't think that Mariyta is the best lynch for today. I'm more suspicious of xvart at the moment, and Zorblag isn't off the hook either. nocase is also starting to look bad.

For now though, I'll switch my vote to xvart.

UNVOTE: Mariyta
VOTE: xvart

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Mariyta »

Uite wrote: Mariyta's play is horrible
I completely agree.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Uite »

So why don't you improve it? Answering the questions people ask you would be a good start.

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Mariyta »

I've answered the questions. They just don't like my answers.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@mothrax, does gandlaf5166 not having done anything make Mariyta's lack of productivity any less scummy? Hypocrisy doesn't really enter into it so long as he's pointing out scummy behavior does it? I'd also say that identifying his scum reads is doing something of note, wouldn't you? Do you think that Mariyta is town at this point?

@VP Baltar, I made my comment about mothrax because I was trying to figure out why inHimshallibe had him placed where he did when I hadn't been particularly bothered by his play. The reason is that I expect a somewhat scummy looking game from mothrax and that seemed worth noting. Even taking that into account I dislike his last post but it hadn't been made at the time.

@Exe, I've got my scum reads (Maryita, you, xvart, and mothrax to some degree after that last post would be the prime examples) and I'm pursuing the leads I think are likely to be useful with my questions. When I think that someone's getting too much or too little pressure I'll do something about it (much like I have with tanstalas thus far; the attacks on him seem to completely fail to take reasonable expectations of his play into account.)

@Uite, I very much considered just ignoring or simply making light of the false dichotomy part of your question as you seem to be particularly primed to complain about the minutia of my posts just now (I apparently shouldn't include any levity in my comments to you; those two options I provided were supposed to be an obvious exaggeration of the possibilities) but I decided to take question seriously and pointed out how there were really two main interpretations of Exe's actions worth considering. Apparently you think that's a dodge somehow which is mind boggling to me. I really don't this as a scum ploy (I think that you're probably really not understanding my intent with these posts and I don't think that scum would find these sorts of details worth quibbling about) but it does seem to be hindering my ability to interact with you in a useful way which is irritating.

I'm blatantly trying to redirect your attention to an aspect of the game that I think will be more productive than where you were looking before. It's one that I think has some chance of paying off in terms of finding scum and I think you're town and want to know what you think of it. If you've got a problem with that then you're just going to have a problem with my play in general (which is apparently the case.) If you think that I'd pull that sort of thing as scum there's nothing I can say that's going to change your mind about it but you seem to be approaching my play from the perspective that I'm scum attempting to deceive to begin with. I've gotten that in the past (prime example would be BridgesAndBaloons in Tofu Mafia and Sawyer in Newbie Game 979) and I simply wasn't able to say anything that would satisfy them. I'll continue to answer your questions but I'm not going to be particularly hopeful that you're going to be satisfied with my responses at this point.

@Vi, was there anything in particular that you wanted to get my comments on at this time? VP Baltar's vote change to xvart is reassuring. You seem to be about as leery of me as I expect you to as town or scum. inHimshallibe has dropped off a bit but I'm still not interested in him today. The claim request and resulting claim both came too early (no one should be claiming until we're ready to lynch.) xvart's vote does feel like he's going along with the popular wagon because he's under pressure rather than because he feels Mariyta is scum. I'm stll not convinced that Exe's vote makes sense on tanstalas. tanstals and gandalf5166 are probably getting attacked for reasons that don't indicate that they're scum. Mariyta still hasn't done anything that's helpful to town and seems to have enough experience to know better than that. Uite is completely missing the forest for the trees but he's probably town. nocase is pushing a case that I don't think is all that convincing but I don't really think he's doing it in a scummy way.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by Vi »

Uite wrote:Mariyta's play is horrible, but the claim is halfway believable with the flavour.
Worth mentioning: The rules specify that fake flavor can be produced on command (General Rule #9). Granted, saying this means that I'm on drugs (General Rule #2).

I'll grant that Mariyta actually has answered the question beyond "He just is". Question, though. A couple of posts ago I mentioned why specifically nobody except you thinks xvart is Town. Do you have a similar response to that that would show why he is?
@Vi, was there anything in particular that you wanted to get my comments on at this time?
What you said regarding the players is fine for now. I agree that Mariyta should have plenty of experience given that I remember her from Battle Mafia. I am disappointed with myself for not mentioning inHim's early claim. My reads are more or less in line with yours.

What do you think of the potential decline of the Mariyta wagon?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Wait, Mariyta has been here since 2006 and she's pulling the newbie card?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by mothrax »

@gandalf: yes I know your play and I expect more from you.

@troll: no, I do not have a town read on mariyta at this point. I don't think I ever implied as such. I just think gandalf is more likely to be scum.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Vi »

mothrax: What about everyone else?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

I'll give more when I feel it's necessary, and you know that. Also, I'd say that in this game, I'm providing an unusual amount of content(for me). So quite frankly, be happy with what you've got.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@Vi, thus far the decay is just Uite and I don't mind their move. Beyond that it's hard to judge what sort of motives we might be looking at without seeing how and why the votes move. Do you think the wagon is going to fade away?

@mothrax, has Mariyta done anything that you think is particularly townie? I don't see why gandalf5166 is overly scummy relative to her based on the reasons you gave.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by Exe »

Uite's vote of Xvart makes sense, however I don't really feel as though the claim was saving enough to deserve an unvote of Mariyta, based on his previous attitude. Worth noting if Mariyta ultimately flips scum.

Alright, Mothrax is really suspicious at this point.
Mothrax wrote:@troll: no, I do not have a town read on mariyta at this point. I don't think I ever implied as such. I just think gandalf is more likely to be scum.
Besides the fact that the case he posted on Gandalf was crap, this is a huge backtrack. His case was a blatant chainsaw defense of Mariyta.
His ISO isn't really any better. A gut vote on VPB while suggesting in his 3rd post that he is still random voting. Stinks of scum.

I'll give Tans some time to prove himself to me.
Unvote. Vote: Mothrax

This is a vote that's based on the fact that the mariyta wagon is potentially dying. However, Mariyta has done nothing to clear himself, and if he returns to L-1 I have no problem hammering.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

her*
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by mothrax »

I called gandalf scum because of his hipocracy surrounding mariyta. In that same post, I said that him pointing out that she had not contributed was true. I didn't say he was lying and in fact agreed with him, it was his hipocracy and crap case I voted him for.
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by nocase »

unvote. vote: mothrax.
i could go for this wagon.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”