SMBM 1: IoBC GAME OVER! CONGRATULATIONS: TOWN AND KAMIKAZE!

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:30 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Anyways, I'm looking for some inspiration.
Maybe I just need some more dedication.
Surely there's a better lynch than chikflip.
Something on par with the limericks of Untrod Trip.
Diddin does seem like Midnight Sorrow's scum buddy
Let's squash em and set fire to em as if they are silly puddy
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Gollum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:34 pm

Post by Gollum »

muh316 wrote:Right now I'll jump on the largest bandwagon. I would really like an early lynch to see the mechanics of this game and how it works. This is a bastard mod so there is going to be some unfairness and I want to see if he's for the town or against the town. I feel like we can get way more info on day 2 than what we can get on day 1.

unvote vote CHK
WHAAAATTTTT!!!!
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by Antihero »

Oh great. Now I have to read 10 pages worth of crap.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Gollum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Gollum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:25 pm

Post by Gollum »

Popping in to say hello, and good night, for now. Hope to see you heroes sooner rather than later.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:28 pm

Post by DavidParker »

"Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me."
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:34 pm

Post by Nexus »

Hahaha what, muh?
unvote

vote: muh316
Trans rights are human rights.
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:08 am

Post by mongoose »

chkflip wrote:I don't like to waste town time, be it a day or two weeks from deadline.

I'm currently in a game where people waited for deadline to get things into serious motion, and it's caused the game to pretty much die.

I'm "jittery" because I'm town and this mislynch's only just cause is your disdain for my playstyle. Not everyone plays the same, nor is everyone nice about it. Everything else has been explained and, if it's wordplay your after, you need to stop strawmanning.
God I just got done with a game like this. I think there were 3 people playing and there were like 50 replacements. Towards the ending it got better. All right, back on topic.
chkflip wrote:
mongoose wrote:I coulda swore I had posted that I was
v/la until Monday
. Sorry for the lack of posting, I've been busy with IRL stuff.

unvote

I've never been a fan of RVS, and the vote is kinda pointless now. Im not sure what to make of Gandalfizsik's soft claim, and his justification. RIght now I'm going to call it null and move on.
Gollum wrote:
Prana's avatar is ugly and we hates it.
Oh the irony.

I dont like Chkflip's justification of doing something anti town. He says that makes the scum do more anti-town things. that seems like a pretty pathetic explanation. I haven't seen anything else too scummy thus far so VOTE: Chkflip
- AAAAAAAAAND this post right here is why I reactionfish, ladies and gents. Explination:

-- As someone of the town, why wouldn't you explain why you think it's a pathetic explination? Only someone of the scummy side would lay such a vote without proper justification.

-- Way to fluff up your post so this would get past your typical mafioso without a second thought. Another point to the scummitude of this whole thing.

-- It's cool that you were V/LA, as someone who's life has gotten in front of them, I don't hold it against you. Not even the fact that you "forgot" is all that scummy, but this does add to the overall fluffy "HEY GUIEZ, I BEEN'A FLOATIN' THROUGH THIS, BUT DUN WORRIES CUZ I'Z TOWNIE" read of the post.

-- I, too, giggled at the irony of Gollum *chokes*GOLLUM*chokes*GOLLUM*choke*'s post (Sorry, had to. LOVE that character. <3) but guess what? I didn't fluff my post to point it out. Why'd you feel the need to point something out that didn't need pointing out?

-- Overall, what I'm getting at, is the point of this post, overall, doesn't make sense as it has no direct town-motivation. He's been gone, comes in, apologizes, points out worthless information, then tops it off with a bandwagon vote without a second thought. Methinks this is a scumslip. Mostly through the last sentence before the vote.

-- "I haven't seen anything else too scummy." Is it because he's been gone? Certainly not, as he pointed out in the start of the post that he doesn't know what to think of GIS's softclaim. Doesn't add up to me.

Am I the only one who thins this?
-- If you cant figure out why it is pathetic, something is wrong. Its a simple white lie as an excuse trying to cover up a scum tell. Better?

-- how should I say Im was v/la and couldn't post if not saying it like that? I simply stated I was gone and will be until today, and I apologized. I certainly didn't mean to add that sort of an attitude into the post.

-- I pointed out Gollum'spost because I just read through the thread and made a note of whatever piqued my interest. I thought it was interesting and posted it. Why so serious? Have some fun, really.

-- One might call my vote a bandwagon vote, but tbh I was low on time, and after reading through I saw a large amount of votes on you. If that happens I tend to ISO the person and see why. If it seems scummy I post and maybe vote them. At that point no one else seemed scummier, so why not?
muh316 wrote:Right now I'll jump on the largest bandwagon. I would really like an early lynch to see the mechanics of this game and how it works. This is a bastard mod so there is going to be some unfairness and I want to see if he's for the town or against the town. I feel like we can get way more info on day 2 than what we can get on day 1.

unvote vote CHK
This is just like how I played in my first game as scum (dana and gollum might remember). Just try to jump on the largest wagon unnoticed. This post suggests he doesn't care who is lynched. Only scum thinks like that. I bet we could get alot more info on day 2 rather than day 1, but im pretty sure lynching scum on both days will help us alot more. You can wait an extra week or 2 before finding out the mechanics of the game.

FOS: Muh
Go Hawkeyes!
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:42 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Midnight's Sorrow wrote:
mallowgeno wrote:Midnight hasn't been very helpful thus far. Lots of fluff posts.

^And that's really all that needs to be said there.
I rest my case ;)
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:47 am

Post by muh316 »

It may seem like a scummy thing for me to say and I am aware of that, but an early lynch is bound to get us way more info than blind discussion on day 1. I wouldn't say this in a smaller game such as a newbie or mini but in this game I believe its safe to say right now because of the large amount of players we have right now. I want you guys to think about it. I didn't vote the policy lynch because its not a bandwagon.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:17 am

Post by PranaDevil »

muh316 wrote:It may seem like a scummy thing for me to say and I am aware of that, but an early lynch is bound to get us way more info than blind discussion on day 1. I wouldn't say this in a smaller game such as a newbie or mini but in this game I believe its safe to say right now because of the large amount of players we have right now. I want you guys to think about it. I didn't vote the policy lynch because its not a bandwagon.
So tell me why we shouldn't make the early lynch on you.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:33 am

Post by muh316 »

PranaDevil wrote:
muh316 wrote:It may seem like a scummy thing for me to say and I am aware of that, but an early lynch is bound to get us way more info than blind discussion on day 1. I wouldn't say this in a smaller game such as a newbie or mini but in this game I believe its safe to say right now because of the large amount of players we have right now. I want you guys to think about it. I didn't vote the policy lynch because its not a bandwagon.
So tell me why we shouldn't make the early lynch on you.
Start a bandwagon, lets see how it goes.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:35 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

DavidParker wrote:Admit it, you'd love to see a flip right now to know more about this game. I know I would. But I know people would jump on me and call me scum if I suggested we rush-lynch someone. I also know it isn't the most pro-town thing to do, and would be just a selfish push to please my curiosity. I don't think it's really a scum-tell on muh316.
He's not a newbie, or even close. He's been here for over a year.

unvote
VOTE: muh13

I'm glad to get on to this wagon, especially if that really was a dayvig back there.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:50 am

Post by muh316 »

gandalf5166 wrote:
DavidParker wrote:Admit it, you'd love to see a flip right now to know more about this game. I know I would. But I know people would jump on me and call me scum if I suggested we rush-lynch someone. I also know it isn't the most pro-town thing to do, and would be just a selfish push to please my curiosity. I don't think it's really a scum-tell on muh316.

unvote

I'm glad to get on to this wagon, especially if that really was a dayvig back there.
What's this dayvig you are talking about?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:57 am

Post by PranaDevil »

muh316 wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:

unvote

What's this dayvig you are talking about?
It was on the last page... go read it.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:06 am

Post by muh316 »

I still don't see it
<_____<
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:17 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Someone(I'm too lazy to look back) said to Launch somebody. They bolded it. My assumption is that it's a dayvig, because I've never seen any other roles action during the day. That said, it is a bastard game, so it could be something a little wackier.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:20 am

Post by PranaDevil »

jimfinn wrote:on second thought, let's see where this gets us
Launch at:chk
This post... the one halfway down the previous page... the one that was commented on by a few people, the one that was nigh on impossible to miss because of it coming immediately after his vote.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:25 am

Post by muh316 »

PranaDevil wrote:
jimfinn wrote:on second thought, let's see where this gets us
Launch at:chk
This post... the one halfway down the previous page... the one that was commented on by a few people, the one that was nigh on impossible to miss because of it coming immediately after his vote.
I see, I just thought it was another way of voting because this is the first time I've seen a dayvig in public (usually they're done with PMs). We'll just have to wait for the next invasion log

All hail LORD BOWSER
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:33 am

Post by diddin »

Aww hell, I think I might have a voting restriction.

Some things I noticed so far-

-Mallow and Midnight are both good vigbait. Mallow has an activelurker meta and Midnight just posts a ton of fluff.
-Muh's demend of an early lynch is scummy. It looks like he's scum who wants to get more info about the setup.
-Still not seeing what's so scummy about chkflip. I've seen reactionfishing like that before and I actually find town more likely to do it.

Extinguish: chkflip

Set Fire To: Muh13

Now that we don't have to worry about Shotty I'm less uneasy about Gandalf. Still a little weary of the spot with all the setup speculation coming from it.

This game is bastard mod. That means there are probably no vanilla townies, so it is worthless to PR speculate at this point.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:35 am

Post by diddin »

Also to the potential dayvig: *favepalm*. Dayvigs aren't supposed to shoot D1. They're supposed to shoot a guilty or if there are two very scummy lynch candidates later on, one of them.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:37 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Dayvigs always shoot D1, unless they're severely constricted shots. Gives town an extra lynch, persay.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:57 am

Post by muh316 »

diddin wrote:
-Muh's demend of an early lynch is scummy. It looks like he's scum who wants to get more info about the setup.

Extinguish: chkflip

Set Fire To: Muh13

Now that we don't have to worry about Shotty I'm less uneasy about Gandalf. Still a little weary of the spot with all the setup speculation coming from it.

This game is bastard mod. That means there are probably no vanilla townies, so it is worthless to PR speculate at this point.
I'm thinking there is some confusion there. I'm really town who's trying to get a good look at the set up. Diddin you are the one who posted this
diddin wrote:I propose a policy lynch of GIS.

Vote: GandalfIzSik

Zodiark probably has a post restriction but it isn't one that gets in the way or anything.
Your the one who was proposing an early lynch first. Now your calling me scummy for proposing one.
@the bolded part, just because this game is run by a bastard mod doesn't mean that he's going to be in favor of the town, this mod could be in favor of scum.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:05 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

The mod's not in favor of anybody. Just cause he's a bastard mod doesn't mean he won't be objective.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:17 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Generally, from what I know of, a bastard mod game favours nobody, but you can expect lying and such on both sides of the fence.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:20 am

Post by muh316 »

From the wiki it says a bastard mod may give roles that can imbalance the game.
http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Bastard_mod

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”