DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Over, American Victory!

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:44 am

Post by chesskid3 »

YEAH WELL IF YOU'RE SCUM AND KNOW NONE OF THEM ARE, THAT'D ALSO BE A PRETTY GOOD EXPLANATION WOULDN'T IT?
GOD
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:46 am

Post by Fate »

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?

YOU JUST STAY IN THAT CANDY LAND TUNNEL BECAUSE IF YOUR WORLD VIEW AROUND THIS HERP DERP IS AND FATE ARE PRE-D1 SCUMZ YOUR WORLD IS GONNA BE EATIN LOLIPOPS AND WORKING AT THE SHOE FACTORY TO EACH THEIR NEEDS ACCORDING TO THEIR GODAMN ABILITY WHICH MEANS YOU'LL BE THE PEDDLER ON THE SIDEWALK DANCIN FOR EVERYONE'S MEANINGLESS ENTERTAINMENT IN A BLEAK WORLD FULL OF DULL GREYS AND LOSS IF INDIVIDUALITY.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:47 am

Post by chesskid3 »

^ WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT EVEN MEAN
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:47 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Just think, we still got another 108 hours or so of not being able to lay a single vote ^_^...
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:48 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

And you have to hand it to Fate -- he was smooth as silk in 3P lylo -- he took that win by force.
When you
hang
NUKE
a man, you'd better look at 'em!
Quote Clip
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:49 am

Post by chesskid3 »

when can we send in choices, btw?

(They are technically due during DEFCON 4, which will last from approximately Saturday, 11 December until Tuesday, 14 December, but if people want to send in early, that is not a problem. --AGM)
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:49 am

Post by Fate »

ANSWER A QUESTION WITH A QUESTION BOY YOU GOT BALLS.

IT MEANS YOURE EITHER A DAMN FOOL, OR SCUM PROJECTING YOUR OWN "WHOOPS I ADMITTED I WASNT SCFUM WITH DANA AND THE REST OF THE HAPPY PEOPLE" ONTO ME WHO YOU ARE "CALLING SCUM"

BECAUSE you are saying "tehee fate is scum and therefore all the VIs are town" WHICH IS FAULTY LOGIC, because you've played with me before and I DAMN WELL would be taking this stance as ANY FUCKIN ALIGNMENT. SO THIS MEANS your "clearing" of those people based on your scum read is INGENIUNE AND FAULTY, and MORE LIKELY based on you being scum saying "I WANT POINTS FOR CALLING PEOPLE TOWNNNNN"
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:50 am

Post by Fate »

Jed Cooper wrote:And you have to hand it to Fate -- he was smooth as silk in 3P lylo -- he took that win by force.

Are you......

What was his damn name. Furry Mafia?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:50 am

Post by Toogeloo »

chesskid3 wrote:when can we send in choices, btw?
72 hours ends Friday night, about 35 hours-ish from now. Then we get to start submitting choices for roles, with another 72 hours of "discussion."
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:51 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I've never been in a game with Scumfate until now, Fate. You know that.

Thanks, Toog.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:51 am

Post by Fate »

Toogeloo wrote:Just think, we still got another 108 hours or so of not being able to lay a single vote ^_^...
Don't remind me how useless this DEFCON 5 is gameplay wise except for 5 being a sexy odd number and AGM liking his flavor.

I sent my choices in and now I get to party with los locos for a full 3 friggin days.

Good thing I work all week-end
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:52 am

Post by chesskid3 »

unless you count OoT, but you died N1 there lolz
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Fate »

chesskid3 wrote:I've never been in a game with Scumfate until now, Fate. You know that.

Thanks, Toog.
KEEP ON KEEPIN ON IN THE FACE OF ALL LOGIC AND UNSUBSTANTIATED READS.

YOU GOT BALLS ILL GIVE YOU THAT. BUT ON THE MORNING OF MATTERS YOULL BE DEAD AND I WONT BE.

YOU GODDAMN BENMAGE CLONE
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:55 am

Post by Jack »

I played in a game where anyone could vig at any time during the day. I wanted to vig someone but caved to town pressure. He was scum and won :(

The only rule about nuking should be "don't be stupid".
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper
Goon
Jed Cooper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:55 am

Post by Jed Cooper »

Nope thats not me Fate. But I like how you switch in and out of caps mode. You weren't capping in 3P lylo. You were honey sweet but steal the candy's baby.
When you
hang
NUKE
a man, you'd better look at 'em!
Quote Clip
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:55 am

Post by Fate »

"don't be chesskid"

FTFY
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Fate »

Jed Cooper wrote:Nope thats not me Fate. But I like how you switch in and out of caps mode. You weren't capping in 3P lylo. You were honey sweet but steal the candy's baby.

FakeGod?

I've only been to 3p LyLo a handful since I'm usually dead before then, only reason I was there was because I replaced back in.

I have the right game at least right? But that game I wasn't "capping or not capping" I just came in and hammered as the honey was already laid out for me.

I'm just curious as to where you get this meta from because I need to see how it matches up with how high you are apparently regarding me right now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:57 am

Post by SpyreX »

I actually decided to read the pre-game madness in detail:
toog wrote:These aren't as necessary, but can still be a detriment in scum hands. The problem with these is the limited use Americans get from them:
-Fighter is ROLE COP, it would give them an easier time identifying key power roles.
-Espionage is essentially COP. If scum gets the role, then they can just look for the opposing faction members with it.

-Radar is like TRACKER, but Scum Night Kills are untrackable, so it's only use is to detect people with Offensive Troops.
-Fail Safe is similar to BOMB, and scum would rarely like to trade 1 for 1, but a kill is still a kill. Americans are more likely to lose two town members I would bet.
While I hate cops putting it here is silliness. SILLINESS. Especially when cop claims can be checked via sweet, sweet nuclear destruction.
chess wrote:I think we should leave Espeonage for the scum.
*explodes*

Percy uses good words.
Jed wrote:That won't stop the rope tho. Its called Mafia and if you refuse to have the town guide ur vig, then u r one.
See, you said you liked the Quan so I thought we'd be bro's.

BUT NO. Then you come in with this madness.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:59 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Seriously why not leave Espeonage for the scum? They'll be better at hitting each other with it, and one less scum gets a nuke/other ability.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:59 am

Post by danakillsu »

This thread so far makes me want to cry long and hard. Unlike the rest of you, I am willing to admit that this isn't going to go anywhere until DEFCON 4, and furthermore, I am willing to say that I will not even attempt to analyze this thread until DEFCON 4. So see you guys then.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:03 am

Post by SpyreX »

Why give the scum a cop?

There's 1 copy of each role and cop, as much as I hate it, is a doozy.

If one manages to be good(TM) and say, ohh, hold their load until they have even 3 investigations (hint: investigating targets that aren't high priority NK material is tech) and then come out with them is a tide turner.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:03 am

Post by Toogeloo »

You gotta remember SpyreX, this COP works a bit different. You must name a faction not your own and the mod will tell you if your target is that faction or not.

In Town hands, we cannot scan for other Americans, we must choose Chinese or Russian. Well, if you scan a Chinese scum and ask if he's Russian, the mod is going to say he is not Russian. Now where do you go from there? Do you scan the same player again on the next night and ask if he's Chinese? What if there is a particularly scummy-acting player that is American, would you waste two scans to ensure you know his alignment?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:04 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Toogeloo wrote:You gotta remember SpyreX, this COP works a bit different. You must name a faction not your own and the mod will tell you if your target is that faction or not.

In Town hands, we cannot scan for other Americans, we must choose Chinese or Russian. Well, if you scan a Chinese scum and ask if he's Russian, the mod is going to say he is not Russian. Now where do you go from there? Do you scan the same player again on the next night and ask if he's Chinese? What if there is a particularly scummy-acting player that is American, would you waste two scans to ensure you know his alignment?
This.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:05 am

Post by SpyreX »

ARGH HULK SMASH

I'm fully aware of how it works. Even limited information (that sure as hell has the chance to become total information) is a good thing. A real good thing.

Especially once bodies start hitting the floor.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Toogeloo »

danakillsu wrote:This thread so far makes me want to cry long and hard. Unlike the rest of you, I am willing to admit that this isn't going to go anywhere until DEFCON 4, and furthermore, I am willing to say that I will not even attempt to analyze this thread until DEFCON 4. So see you guys then.
Toogeloo wrote:I do love the "scum-hunting" that is going on btw. This is quite possibly the easiest phase to feign town since there is no consequence, and everyone is jumping all over the one person who sticks out like a sore thumb.
I do agree with you on the scum hunting thing myself dana, I just didn't say it as blatantly as you did lol. Still, I enjoy the conversation, since the more people talk, the more you have to use down the road. While this may not be the best phase of the game to scum hunt, you would be stupid to ignore it once we do get into the meat of the game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”