EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Thestatusquo wrote:Could someone please explain to me why we're voting cooldog? I'm getting an annoying bad town read from him. All the votes on him have been with little or no substance. This wagon screams misslynch.
Little or no substance?
Really?
Am I to take it that his behavior is normal for a townie, then? To take odds that are better for scum than for town, to claim a PR knowing you'd be attacked at night? To go after a person who you said wasn't scum because scum wouldn't claim Miller? That's contradictory. The only person who wouldn't have to worry about being killed for claiming a town PR would be the scum themselves. Unless he's a complete idiot, why would he do something like that? And he's just building up a doctor excuse to fall back on so that his survival makes sense.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

EtherealCookie wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:Could someone please explain to me why we're voting cooldog? I'm getting an annoying bad town read from him. All the votes on him have been with little or no substance. This wagon screams misslynch.
Little or no substance?
Really?
Am I to take it that his behavior is normal for a townie, then? To take odds that are better for scum than for town, to claim a PR knowing you'd be attacked at night? To go after a person who you said wasn't scum because scum wouldn't claim Miller? That's contradictory. The only person who wouldn't have to worry about being killed for claiming a town PR would be the scum themselves. Unless he's a complete idiot, why would he do something like that? And he's just building up a doctor excuse to fall back on so that his survival makes sense.
Why wouls hw so those things as scum? That's what you're missing. Saying "this makes no sense as town." isn't enough. Why would scum do it when town wouldn't?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by Zang »

Votecount-

CooLDoG - 4 - (Chronopie, SnakePlissken, AntB, EtherealCookie) (L-3)
AntB - 1 - (Confidanon) (L-6)
Thestatusquo - 1 - (CooLDoG) (L-6)
EtherealCookie - 2 - (ragrhcpfreak, StrangerCoug) (L-5)
StrangerCoug - 1 - (Thestatusquo) (L-6)

Not Voting: InHimshallibe, ChannelDelibird, Peanutman

7 needed to lynch

Deadline is December 28 at 3:15 EST

Please, no avatar betting.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Like I mentioned if you had read my post...
and if the scum somehow have some special benefit from knowing what TSQ's establishment is, then we've potentially helped out scum, assuming TSQ himself isn't scum. Does it seem like a good trade off? Absolutely not. The odds are that scum'll benefit more than town'll benefit. So, CoolDog comes off scummy for pushing TSQ to reveal his establishment.
and, of course, CoolDog mentioned that he has a PR that somehow plays to his favor if he knows someone's establishment. I believe that. I just don't believe he's town because a town player would never reveal that as it wouldn't benefit the town dying on N1.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

okay, lynch me, I don't really care... I don't see how I could respond to anything you have said because all of it is true. I have claimed that I'm a KFC something, and the 2x down is some-what relevant... Not entirely, but still relevant. Take it as you want. But why would you lynch a claimed power role on d-1? That is the real question that has to be answered. Most likely this set-up has a doc and he can save my ass at night. But for the town to lynch a claimed TOWN power role is appalling.

@EC, I never said that, stop mis-repping what I said. I said I was a power role, nothing more.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

infact, I will be willing to claim right now if you guys want.
after a wank.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by AntB »

@CooLDoG
No point now really. You've as good as claimed and on D1 that ain't a good thing. Why would a pro-town role claim on D1? and without any provocation? IMO your a 3rd party role currently.
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

but simply my role is tied very closely to my joint. And I mean very closely, the joints aren't assigned at random, they actually corrispond to a role. For my role the joint I have fits perfectly with the actual role itself. In TSQ case his joint (if I'm correct, which I am sure that I am. <slight ego) should seem scummy, but in reality not. I'm willing to bet that his joint is just scummy, which would correspond to scum
Said you were just a power role? Doesn't seem like it. You know some sort of link between joints and roles. And why would we lynch you? Because you're bloody suspicious. Why would you ever claim your PR at D1 for no reason? The only reason is because you're not afraid of scum killing you. Why would you not be afraid of scum killing you? Because you're scum. And now you're trying to say that this set up most likely has a doctor. Funny thing: You don't know for sure. Yet you're so willing to take this risk? And for what? Because you're suspicious of a person, whom you had this to say about?
I honestly don't think a town player would claim miller unless they have a death wish. Yes thats wifom but I just find scum claiming miller so early un-likly.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Um...There a plenty of times when the right play is to lynch a claimed power role d1. If you don't believe the claim, you lynch the player. I think you're town, but thats a mind blowingly ignorant statement. You're saying town should exclusively lynch vanilla townies d1? Wtf.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

AntB wrote:@CooLDoG and StrangerCoug:
Why push for TSQ to reveal his establishment so hard? CooLDoG states he has a power-role closely associated with his chain (My knowledge of American food chains in quite lacking) but as I have said before unless he is a Food Standards Agency equivalent I really can't see any way in which your joint could match your abilities unless its one which has been in the US news recently, which would put foreigners (like myself) at a possible disadvantage.
We can use the nameclaim to see if it makes sense with the miller claim. If it's a standard everyday chain, for example, then that would mean both the nameclaim and the roleclaim are likely to be false. If the nameclaim stands out, then Thestatusquo is probably town (if he's not, he's very crazy scum).
CooLDoG wrote:@AntB, I'm KFC, That’s Kentucky (shamefully my home state) Fried Chicken. They are famous for their
"Double Down" which has slabs of greasy chicken instead of bread. Totally unhealthy. Actually considered to be one of the most unhealthy places to eat in the U.S.A. Do a quick wikipedia and you will see what I mean. It does match my role pretty well.
Why did you claim name and flavor?
EtherealCookie wrote:All right. I'm not in support of TSQ revealing his establishment. As TSQ brought up, we don't know what scum can do with that sort of information, and we don't even know if CoolDog is pro-town power role or pro-scum. Even if CoolDog is town, everyone else can read this chat, and if the scum somehow have some special benefit from knowing what TSQ's establishment is, then we've potentially helped out scum, assuming TSQ himself isn't scum. Does it seem like a good trade off? Absolutely not. The odds are that scum'll benefit more than town'll benefit. So, CoolDog comes off scummy for pushing TSQ to reveal his establishment. Also, doesn't CoolDog realize he'll be killed for claiming a power role, which he has basically done by saying his role is connected to knowing what establishment the other person is? Of course he does. I don't see why he wouldn't. He shouldn't have even hinted at his power role if he was town. He claims he understands he is going to die, but would rather reveal one scum player and die than not do so at all. What possible suspicions does he even have of TSQ to think he's scummy to undertake such a risk? After all, he said he can't see scum claiming Miller so early on. Then he hints at a doctor saving him. Guess what? Now he's built up a backup for when he survives. "The doc saved me." So, the only explanation that he is scum; he has nothing to worry about. I think it's pretty clear right about now.
Unvote
Vote: CoolDog

My suspicions of AntB still exist, but they are nowhere as strong as they are about CoolDog.
UNVOTE: EtherealCookie

I want to see how CooLDoG responds to my question before moving on to him.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

thestatusquo wrote:This seems like vague tunneling to me. I don't see specific motivations to ask just one players their opinions for either town or scum players. If your logic holds that he was trying to appear concerned and inquisitive, without actually being concerned and inquisitive I don't see why that means he would ask only one player, and wouldn't have asked multiple players. I don't know why a townie would only ask the opinions of one player either, but I'm definitely not sold on your claim that he's scum because he did. I think the logic doesn't make sense.
Your right. It was early when I made that post, and I wasn't thinking as clearly as I normally do.
AntB wrote:My non-committal stance is also good to ensure I don't end up vote-hopping like a deranged frog. I have a few suspicions at the moment and I am unsure who I should push for.
You seem to say that voting is locking to an opinion, I have several opions and none I currently wish to "lock" to.
What's more scum like to you? Vote-Hopping or no vote with 17 days until the dead line? To me its vote-hopping. If we were closer the the deadline I would happily vote.[/quote[

I'm not saying that voting is locking to an opinion. It's giving your opinion more force.

This post does not read like scum. We've got different philosophies of what constitutes good Town play. Now, my gut won't let me let go of that original post, but I've learned that my gut isn't the best indicator.

Unvote

CooLDoG is reading as a VI to me right now. So far, I don't really see good Town or Scum motivation for his actions.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:04 am

Post by CooLDoG »

@SC, pressure from AntB, overall frustration for the town not understand the importance of flavor.

@EC, why did TSQ claim miller in his second post? Was that bad? Double standard much? And you are incorrect in your speculation about my role being connected to other players roles is incorrect. Its just that my role is tied to MY flavor. Hopping doc save.
after a wank.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:24 am

Post by AntB »

@CooLDoG
Pressure? I just said practice what you preach, if your going to push so hard to get TSQs establishment perhaps you should reveal yours. You could have fake-claimed, or just said KFC without anything else.
I also think the importance of flavour is only understood by those wielding a role matching their establishment but they are smart enough to keep it covered...

I'm also getting a VI vibe from CooLDoG so I'm going to say NOT lynch him, let the scum get him and potentially save other power roles. Unless the Doc covers him then D2 will be interesting...
Show

G+
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:37 am

Post by CooLDoG »

@AntB, and I did just that, the 2x down is just their signiture dish, along with the extra crispy chicken bucket... If you knew anything about KFC (but aparently you don't live in the US so it's not your fault) you would know that the 2x down is the most un-healthy thing on the planet, and it is served at KFC... Thats all. Plus you did ask for it, and I gave it to you. Why are you backing off what you asked?
after a wank.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:56 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'm not convinced that CooLDoG is scum and the reason I unvoted EtherealCookie is because I think he's acting pretty pro-town now. That, to me, leaves it as a tossup between AntB's indecisiveness and Thestatusquo's reluctance to nameclaim after claiming miller right now, but since Thestatusquo has said he's not going to nameclaim unpressured, I think I'll get what I want if I VOTE: Thestatusquo.

EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:04 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

All right. Fine. I see the VI thing, though I just don't get it. It's not difficult to understand revealing your role for absolutely no reason = bad for town.
And, CoolDog, I don't even understand your first three questions. Reword them. All I know is that you initially said scum would never claim miller, but now you want TSQ to claim establishment. That's so contradictory. It's like you're just trying to show off that you're a power role, and any normal townie wouldn't want to do that. Scum would, because it might help keep people from lynching him as town wouldn't want to risk the possibility of losing a PR.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

StrangerCoug wrote:I'm not convinced that CooLDoG is scum and the reason I unvoted EtherealCookie is because I think he's acting pretty pro-town now. That, to me, leaves it as a tossup between AntB's indecisiveness and Thestatusquo's reluctance to nameclaim after claiming miller right now, but since Thestatusquo has said he's not going to nameclaim unpressured, I think I'll get what I want if I VOTE: Thestatusquo.
Look at my play, ignore my claim for a second. Do you think I'm scum. If so, why? If not, why are you voting me?
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:15 am

Post by AntB »

@CooLDoG
Quite simply, you read too far into it.
AntB wrote:[...]do as you preach, reveal your establishment and then maybe moan about TSQ revealing his?
Establishment, not full detail of the company or hints about your associated role. KFC would have been a sufficient answer.
Show

G+
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Thestatusquo wrote:Look at my play, ignore my claim for a second. Do you think I'm scum. If so, why? If not, why are you voting me?
If we factor out the claim, then you're not too terrible. The major problem I have is your voting me for making a contradictory statement when I didn't make one of those statements, and that's not something I heavily pushed, leaving my vote with little basis. (I also disagree that CooLDoG is obvtown, but rather neutral, but that's not important.) However, you make a very big fuss about not nameclaiming, which is my problem. Sorry, but if the claim is suspicious, then voting you for it
IS
an answer.

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:27 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

Thestatusquo wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:I'm not convinced that CooLDoG is scum and the reason I unvoted EtherealCookie is because I think he's acting pretty pro-town now. That, to me, leaves it as a tossup between AntB's indecisiveness and Thestatusquo's reluctance to nameclaim after claiming miller right now, but since Thestatusquo has said he's not going to nameclaim unpressured, I think I'll get what I want if I VOTE: Thestatusquo.
Look at my play, ignore my claim for a second. Do you think I'm scum. If so, why? If not, why are you voting me?
good point, but it sounds like it could be a 3rd party plot claiming early; scum dont kill you because everyone will be suspicious of you. imho it gives you a couple of days to achieve your mission before the town turns on you.
AntB wrote:EBWODP:
And seeing as people are pressuring for votes... I shall restore my RVS VOTE: StrangerCoug
really?
unvote
vote: AntB

pretty sure im going to keep my vote here for a while.
CooLDoG wrote:@AntB, I'm KFC, That’s Kentucky (shamefully my home state) Fried Chicken. They are famous for their
"Double Down" which has slabs of greasy chicken instead of bread. Totally unhealthy. Actually considered to be one of the most unhealthy places to eat in the U.S.A. Do a quick wikipedia and you will see what I mean. It does match my role pretty well.
really was that necessary? we all know that our roles and flavor are tied together, there was no need to blow your load on page 6.
flavor claiming day one is just as bad as claiming miller and not giving flavor day one.
i also dont like the bread crumbing that going on here.
but right now i just think hes just playing bad not scum.

speaking of kentucky.....
inHimshallibe wrote:Requesting flavor from our resident claimed Miller is atrocious.

Hi all, read it once for fun before I replaced, will read it again to find scumz.

KYKREW HIGHFIVE!!!!

*note my last paper was turned in at midnight, so now i have a test and a take home test/project due. the holidays will be crazy like usual but since the invention of smart phones and me finally buying one i wont be too far away from my scum peeps this year.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:34 am

Post by CooLDoG »

@EC, You said in an above post that Claiming a power role d-1 is scummy, thus my question is, why did TSQ claim miller on d-1? He would be scummy for doing that by what you said. Was that scummy for him to do? And isn't what you say about me revealing a power role on d-1 true about what TSQ did in his second post? Isn't that a double standard?

@raj/inhim, why is it bad to ask for flavor of an already claimed player? Really, what is so bad about it? How is it negative to the town, and how does it help scum?
after a wank.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:56 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

raj, the sweet nothings I could whisper to you... *sigh*...

@CooLDoG: If you believe TSQ's miller claim, then you think he is town and he could use the information he has hidden later to possibly catch us a scum. If you think he is scum, why are you asking TSQ for anything? If you have no opinion or find the claim a null tell, the appropriate time to ask TSQ for his flavor is when he actually does something scummy and you have an actual need to evaluate his flavor.

I
will
make a replacement post today, though take note of:
BTW, V/LA for the next couple of days. A light dusting of snow in Nashville means double-work for any of Those Brave Souls Forging Through The Elements (TM).
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:55 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

CooLDoG wrote:@raj/inhim, why is it bad to ask for flavor of an already claimed player? Really, what is so bad about it? How is it negative to the town, and how does it help scum?
i want flavor. so its not bad. i do understand him wanting to keep it hidden since he has been pro town so far. i wont push him until he acts scummy or the other scum leave first.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:35 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Unvote, Vote: peanutman
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:17 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

ConfidAnon wrote:
Unvote, Vote: peanutman
Why?

(Happy birthday, by the way.)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”