Fringe Mafia (Game Over, role PMs posted)

smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by smargaret »

Things I don't like about bv's cop/JoAT claim:
1. It was unnecessary - given Hop's flip, Emp looked pretty scummy at the end of day 2. WHY would you claim a power role like that when you could just recycle arguments from yesterday and add Hop's flip?

2. Proposing a massclaim WITH A GUILTY INVESTIGATION? Why not push Emp's lynch and let the power roles stay hidden another night? I know it's lylo, but letting scum know where the power roles are unnecessarily is not a townie thing to do.

3. What DB said about the missing post, plus the absence day 2.

4. It's LyLo in a bastard mod game - are we not going to consider the possibility of an insane/paranoid cop, or millers?

CDB, do you have a post restriction or not? If not, do you have any idea why SV was pretending to have one, or why DB might think SV did have one based on a quicktopic? Right now that's standing out as suspicious to me as well. Who did you neighborize last night?
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by smargaret »

Oh, and CDB, why didn't you reread overnight?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

smargaret - I'm pretty sure I made it completely clear that I have no post restriction of any kind. I read SV in iso (again) and he's obviously been trying to suggest that he had (as in, when speculation about him having a post restriction arised, and people asked him directly if he had one or not, he posted things like "beep" and recipes, so he was encouraging the speculation). I obviously don't know what SV was thinking but for some reason he decided it was a good idea to pretend he had one, hence why I said he was apparently a twat, because he didn't appear to be taking play-to-win seriously. Looks to me like he couldn't be arsed to participate to the best of his ability and made up a reason why he couldn't.

I didn't realise parts of my role info were already out there (although I guess I should have expected that given the nature of it), but yes, Doombunny and I are neighbours and in the quicktopic SV said, trying not to quote directly, that he was not post-restricted in that QT - that is to say that he again did not explicitly lie and say that he had a post restriction in the thread. So he was basically being a gigantic asshat. Doombunny can confirm this.

My attempt to neighourise someone failed last night. This is not entirely unexpected - I have a half-and-half chance of my role working each night.

As for rereading overnight, as I said earlier (but not clearly, I grant you), I started to reread overnight but stopped around page 9 because Day 1 was really fucking irritating - basically four or five players, almost all of whom are now dead and confirmed town, precisely all of whom annoying, bickering inanely and verbosely. It was doing my head in. I was really put off. I'm obviously going to go back and finish, indeed I read a few more pages since my last post, and this game is my number 1 priority at the moment.

Anyway, seeing as my role is out of the bag already, and Emp was pretty clearly referring to me, I'll confirm that I am Phillip Broyles, random-chanced neighbouriser (paraphrased flavour is that I can convince people I'm a trustworthy sort using my powers of speech - not the flavour justification I'd have used for Broyles the Neighbouriser, but hey). I'm not sure who the best person to go next in the order is, but in the interest of not giving that choice to any potential scumbag, I'll choose blind and ask Primate to claim next.
#greenshirtthursdays
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

@smar-What happened to "If you're claiming what I think you are, I'll go along with you" I assume that what you thought he was claiming was cop and now that you know that its one-shot with some other abilities this changes this...because?

I do confirm that SV's post in the QT didn't state that he didn't had a post restriction, just that he didn't have one in the QT (Which is an EXTREMELY douchebag move if he was town)
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by smargaret »

I'll explain after the massclaim why my stance on bv changed.

Is CDB's alignment confirmed to you (like masons are told by mod that their partner is town), or is it just his word on it? I'm really struggling for a pro-town motivation for that pr.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

Zang has escaped from the Other Side and is mod-confirmed
Olivia Dunham - TOWN Traverser of Worlds
! Welcome back, Zang.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by Zang »

I'm Back! And I'll post more tomorrow.
Doombunny wrote:Also, its pretty obvious Zang is dead
I'm glad you didn't give up hope.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:15 pm

Post by bv310 »

Hi Zang! What do you think about Smarg being Emp\s scumbuddy? Trying to discredit a cop investigation on her confirmed-scum buddy seems to be pretty clear to me, even when I'm drunk.

[offtopic]
Also, GSP!GSP!GSP!
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

smar wrote:Is CDB's alignment confirmed to you (like masons are told by mod that their partner is town), or is it just his word on it? I'm really struggling for a pro-town motivation for that pr.
Neighborizer, not masonizer, meaning that my alignment is unconfirmed to him and his alignment is unconfirmed to me.

Now I'm almost 100% sure bv is ignoring my requests on purpose so I won't keep pressing him to do it since its more or less obvious he's not going to pay attention. That's not going to stop me from this though:

Vote: bv
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by bv310 »

I was previously ignoring them for the simple reason that I did not have other strong reads beyond what I posted. By ignoring you, I had hoped you would move on and let me be my lurky self in peace My claim, however, is fully truthful.

Let me put it this way, do you believe the kill part of my claim? If not, why? If so, do you believe the investigation? If not, why? This will give us our scum/town division quite perfectly, I assure all of you. Also, DB, if you just put me in hammer range without being scum, congratulations on losing the game for us.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:14 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

bv wrote:I was previously ignoring them for the simple reason that I did not have other strong reads beyond what I posted. By ignoring you, I had hoped you would move on and let me be my lurky self in peace My claim, however, is fully truthful.
I can already tell that if I begin arguing with you about this it's just going to go back and forth but you still could post cases on some people i.e. Emp (You didn't say much about him other than that you got a cop result on him) smar (is there anything else other than what you alrwady called her out on?) and me (I asked you to post why the post a while back expressing my discomfort at your claim was scummy)
bv wrote:Let me put it this way, do you believe the kill part of my claim? If not, why? If so, do you believe the investigation? If not, why? This will give us our scum/town division quite perfectly, I assure all of you.
I'm uncertain about the kill part of the claim as it could be easy for scum to create. Although that does bring up a good point:

@Everyone who hasn't claimed yet: Please say with your vote if you have targeted TM last night (For everyone with night actions) and if you shot either noc or LC N1 (For everyone with a killing role)
bv wrote:Also, DB, if you just put me in hammer range without being scum, congratulations on losing the game for us.
Relax, you're still at L-3 since Emp isn't voting you for whatever reason. If it really makes you happy I'll
Unvote
seeing as how my vote was mainly pressure than anything else.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:16 am

Post by Empking »

Who's voting bv? 5
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:12 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

[
VOTE COUNT 3.01
]

"Do you ever wonder how we survived as a species without drugs?"

[
]
Empking
- bv310

Not Voting: ChannelDelibird, Doombunny9, Empking, Primate, smargaret, TonyMontana, Zang

Day 3 will end on December 29th, 2010 at approximately 9:30 PM EST (Countdown here.) or when someone is lynched.

ATTN:
With the return of Zang, the information below has changed!

With 8 present and alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

[
PRODS
]
Primate
and
TonyMontana
will be prodded.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Zang »

Bv310 wrote:Exams and essays, smarg. Got plenty of free time now, so I figured I'd go ahead and do a bit of a reread. Something stunk in Empking's posting, and I figured he was worth it, so I went ahead and investigated him. He is scum. Let's hurry up and lynch him, then aim for his buddy (I'm thinking either Primate or CDB at this point)
1.It's good that your active now but what are your thoughts on day 1 and 2? 
2.What were your reasons for investigating empking? 
3.Does your role say that you are guaranteed sane? This is a bastard theme game, I wouldn't be surprised if there is an insane or paranoid cop, a hidden miller or some other role that messes with your investigation.
bv310 wrote:I just meant it as in "We already have Empking caught as scum, plus CDB is being all lurky, and now DB's reaction is hella scummy. Therefore, third scum."
CDB is being all lurky? Like you were yesterday?
Doombunny wrote:As for what we talked about in the quicktopic; none of my neighbors talked all that much. Basically SV neighborized me because he wasn't sure if I was town or not and wanted more info and his post restriction does not apply to the QT. Currently, I am trying to find a way with CD to work around the post restriction so he can communicate with us easier.
Did he actually admit that he had a post restriction and that it didn't apply in the quicktopic or are you assuming that because of what he posted? 
bv310 wrote:You misspelled "Scum Goon" here buddy. No reaction to my investigation at all?
Why would he be a goon? 

And there isn't really anything to respond to when your whole case on him  is that you got a guilty result on him.
bv310 wrote:Hi Zang! What do you think about Smarg being Emp\s scumbuddy? Trying to discredit a cop investigation on her confirmed-scum buddy seems to be pretty clear to me, even when I'm drunk.
Smargaret is still my most town read and there are a lot more scummy people than empking to lynch.

And I don't think she's trying to discredit it. There hasn't been much bastard in this game so I think an insane cop or some other mechanic that would mess with your investigation is likely. Unless TM or Primate have an incredibly bastard role that they haven't claimed yet.
Bv310 wrote:I was previously ignoring them for the simple reason that I did not have other strong reads beyond what I posted. By ignoring you, I had hoped you would move on and let me be my lurky self in peace My claim, however, is fully truthful.
Then why did you post those reads if you knew they weren't strong?

Saying that you have reads on someone just so that you can have reads on someone is very scummy.

FoS: Bv310

Vote: Primate

I really don't like how he does nothing all day and just came in and hammered HOMJ without giving his thoughts on anything else.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Zang wrote:Did he actually admit that he had a post restriction and that it didn't apply in the quicktopic or are you assuming that because of what he posted?
He said something along the lines of "I don't have a post restriction in this QT". Along with the beeps and recipies he posted D1 I thought he had a post restriction while in reality he was just being a douchebag.
Zang wrote:Vote: Primate
Bad idea. There is a GUARENTEED chance that one of either bv or Emp are scum (Assuming bv isn't just insane, Emp a miller etc. which is pretty unlikely) meaning we should lynch one of those two today.
emp wrote:Who's voting bv? 5
Not you and I want to know why.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:54 pm

Post by Empking »

I'm waiting for the end of the mass claim and now I'm also kind of convinced by Zang's insane/paranoid argument.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:14 am

Post by TonyMontana »

/pickin up prod
I'll be up to speed tonight.
Where we at with the massclaim? My turn?
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:06 am

Post by Empking »

TonyMontana wrote:/pickin up prod
I'll be up to speed tonight.
Where we at with the massclaim? My turn?
Primate's.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by Primate »

I'm Ella Jae, a Lightning Rod. Once per game I can force all roles in the game to target me. I haven't used it, and probably won't unless its necessary or something approaching a doc turns up.

Go Smargret.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:36 pm

Post by smargaret »

The reason I am suspicious of bv is that I am Peter Bishop, doc. I protected LC night 1 and Zang night 2. Because LC died anyway, I suspect that either I'm insane with a chance of killing my target or that there's a roleblocker - part of questioning if TM got the same result from a roleblock was to determine whether LC's death was because I was roleblocked or because I'm insane. Also, I can only protect against bullets - I can't do anything against kidnappers.

Flavor supports the idea that I'm insane over having been blocked - apparently while I'm very smart, I never made it to med school and who knows if I'm a capable doctor or not. Plus, there has been insufficient bastard-ness so far if I'm sane.

TM is the only one left to claim other than Zang, and I think we should leave whether or not Zang claims anything more to him, since he's confirmed town. TM should claim next.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:06 am

Post by TonyMontana »

I am Nina Sharp, and I can investigate for people being shapeshifter or not.

as claimed, it failed during night 1, obviously because of Hop being commuter.
Night two was success, and Empking is not a shapeshifter.

It should be noted that scum are not guaranteed to be shapeshifters. In other words, I'm partial-cop, and Empking could still be scum. He is just not (the?) shapeshifter
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:30 am

Post by bv310 »

So Smarg is the other scum. Why would you wait this long for a Counterclaim? Oh yeah, it's because you are lying scum trying to save your buddy.

vote: Smargaret
Let's lynch the liar, then lynch my guilty result tomorrow. Two scum for one.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:33 am

Post by Empking »

If we're done with the MC then I'll have to

Vote: bv
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:59 am

Post by smargaret »

I waited for a counterclaim because I didn't want to claim. Doc isn't a role that works particularly well after claiming. However, note that I switched from following your result to attacking you after you claimed. DB commented on it; I thought it would be better to wait until my name came up in the mass claim.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:01 am

Post by smargaret »

Oh, and I'm not voting you now just in case part of the bastard mod was giving two players the same rolename - L-3 isn't necessarily safe from a quickhammer.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”