Mini 1087 - The Dresden Files Game Over!

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Fate »

DDD I care about the game now, are you paying attention?

LMP go back to being on the same page with me, good things will happen.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Zdenek »

Smarg wrote: Where's Antihero's question?
It was a question that you asked him:
Smarg wrote:
Antihero wrote: Hey DP. If you were actually a dayvig, how would you use your kill?
Isn't this essentially the same question you voted me for asking?
I feel like Mariyta's Enigma vote is just to avoid answering my questions about why she let Enigma's lurking slide earlier when she attacked Fitz for a useless post. I also agree with Fate in that it could very well be just to avoid being on the Smarg wagon, but I think this could be either because she doesn't want to bus yet or because she doesn't want to be on the same wagon as a scumbuddy. I'd also like to point out how she completely stood back from the arguments between Fitz and others, which makes she think that she wasn't taking her own argument against him seriously.

I'd be happy with Mariyta's lynch today.

So LMP attacks me for a change of heart, but let's DavidParker's change of heart about me between posts 383 and 397 slide completely. Inconsistent scum.
DDD wrote: Zdenek’s claim doesn’t fit with the “omg claim will make my ability useless” paranoia.
I tried to make it useful by soft-claiming early.

I would still be happiest with an LMP lynch today.
Unvote
Vote LMP
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:01 am

Post by LimMePls »

Zd, you are absurd. Laughably absurd. First, for those who don't want to look back, here are the relevant posts Zd references:
DP wrote:Looking at Smarge/Zdenek I see two solid cases... In fact, this is rare, I actually think both are scum, and while I hate being a sheep in games and prefer to make my own aggressive stance I'm currently bogged down with multiple games and bulllllk alchoool so i think this may have to be a game where I am a sheep to some extent. I actually believe both are scum. I expected upon rereeading the thread to get a scum read from neither or one of them but I feel they are actually scum buddies.
DP wrote:Zdenek - Early game questioning wasn't as useless as most people who ask mass questions early, ++town points, and statements like this give him town points: "About DavidParker, after making a move like the fake vig kill, he's likely to be labelled as town by almost everyone, and I didn't want to just leave him alone after it."

In general, I think people need to re-read zdenek's iso without "confirmation bias" and there isn't all that much pointing to him being scum.
The difference between that situation and yours is MASSIVE. Let me list them for you:

1) Yours was a nonsensical town-read with fail logic. His was a change of opinion between scum/town on a given player, while doing a catchup (when it is natural for a player's opinion to change).

2) You had to have it REAPEATEDLY pointed out to you that your read was fail before GRUDGINGLY admitting that it was fail. DP came to these conclusions on his own, as he was catching back up with the game. AND he even admits that he is changing his position here:
DP wrote:*Major backpeddle*, by no means do I think smarge and Zdenek are scum buddies. And I say this despite the previous post I made.
3) Once you finally acknowledged that your town read on fitz was BS, you STILL qualified it with "I don't want him lynched today", when the obvious position to have on someone you have a null read on is "I don't see his lynch, but I'm open to the idea". Which basically meant "I have to admit my town read is fail, but my position is still that of a town read".

The differences are so distinct its laughable.

You can be "happiest with an LMP lynch today" all you want, but it's only going to lead to disappointment.

I swear to God it's like you, fitz and smarg are competing for the lynch. Every time one of you does something scummy, the next one has to 1-up them.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by Antihero »

DavidParker wrote:
havingfitz wrote:DP and Enigma...you don't think anyone merits your votes atm?
Oh there are plenty of people who merit my vote.

But it's just a vote. Right now I'm happy to sit back and relax ya know.
Oh, yes. These people beside LMP and marge who are... undisclosed.
DavidParker wrote:As town I often buddy up to people to try get them to come to my way of thinking or just because I think they are obv town and are leading the town in the right direction. As scum, I buddy people to make them less likely to go after me, logic being someone who is town is more likely to push a case on someone who isn't supporting them.
Oh, OK, I guess that's why you just put me in the ambiguous category for no damn good reason. You don't actually want to make a crappy case, so you choose to put me in the "maybe" pile, as others might show interest (hyena).
Mari wrote:Yes, I'm fence-sitting on smarg right now. People use that as an attack all the time, and I don't get it. You can't always have a solid read on everyone all the time. Or maybe you can and I just suck at mafia. Regardless, she's meh to me right now. She seems to be playing similar to the last game we were in together when she flipped town (I hate meta arguments, but it's impossible not to use them sometimes).
First off, there is a subtle difference between an iffy read and fencesitting.
Second off, I'm not sure who told you that you suck at mafia, but you don't. I really don't want to hear you say that again.
Mari wrote:I'm not sure how to read DP. He's a bit obnoxious, but I think he might really be a genius in disguise.
He sure did an awesome job with that disguise.
LMP wrote:You had to have it REAPEATEDLY pointed out to you that your read was fail before GRUDGINGLY admitting that it was fail. DP came to these conclusions on his own, as he was catching back up with the game.
Uh, no. I actually called him out on it before his read *magically* changed.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: DavidParker
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

DP, LMP is not scum, okay? Now cut that shit out.

You too, Zed. You aren't extending your life expectancy with an LMP push, if you know what I mean...

Personally, I think both fitz and smarg need to swing ASAP. It doesn't really matter which one goes first, so I'll support whichever of those two wagons is bigger.
Who you callin' oopid...(sigh) nvm.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by LimMePls »

AH wrote:Uh, no. I actually called him out on it before his read *magically* changed.
Show me where. I don't see it.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Personally, I think both Oopid and LMP need to swing ASAP. It doesn't really matter which one goes first, so I'll support whichever of those two wagons is bigger.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

havingfitz wrote:Personally, I think both Oopid and LMP need to swing ASAP. It doesn't really matter which one goes first, so I'll support whichever of those two wagons is bigger.
So you're just going to be useless then, huh? Because neither of those lynches are happening.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

[Ignore me!]
Last edited by TheButtonmen on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

[You didn't see anything!]
Last edited by TheButtonmen on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

[Triple Ignored!]
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Oopidstay wrote:
havingfitz wrote:Personally, I think both Oopid and LMP need to swing ASAP. It doesn't really matter which one goes first, so I'll support whichever of those two wagons is bigger.
So you're just going to be useless then, huh? Because neither of those lynches are happening.
My bad, I forgot you were the only person allowed to give an opinion.

But seriously, you have no reason to feel safe unless you have a built in support system...if you know what I mean. To say I am targetting the three most pro-town players in this game is a ridiculous assertion...the part about you being the three most pro-town players that is. You and LMP need to get over yourselves. One or both of you are scum and the way you are feeding off/following each other is pathetic. You could be right on some of your reads but from my perspective you are both without a clue re: me so I can't help but be underwhelmed with your scum hunting skills. And your cases on people are crap which feeds my suspicion towards the two of you. You are each definitely better candidates for a lynch than myself or Zd and smarg IMO.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by Fate »

So who's a saintkerrigan Alt.

They get dying post haste.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by Fate »

Hey Parker, is Antihero's scumdar really shitty and off this game or is it just me he is suspecting wrongly?
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Nah, he's right on me.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by Fate »

Unvote:
Vote: DavidParker

Damn shame. I was looking forward to being town with you again
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

havingfitz wrote:
Oopidstay wrote:My bad, I forgot you were the only person allowed to give an opinion.

But seriously, you have no reason to feel safe unless you have a built in support system...if you know what I mean. To say I am targetting the three most pro-town players in this game is a ridiculous assertion...the part about you being the three most pro-town players that is. You and LMP need to get over yourselves. One or both of you are scum and the way you are feeding off/following each other is pathetic. You could be right on some of your reads but from my perspective you are both without a clue re: me so I can't help but be underwhelmed with your scum hunting skills. And your cases on people are crap which feeds my suspicion towards the two of you. You are each definitely better candidates for a lynch than myself or Zd and smarg IMO.
I lol'd.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

havingfitz wrote:My bad, I forgot you were the only person allowed to give an opinion.

I fixed my post and lol'd.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:34 am

Post by Mariyta »

LynchMePls wrote:Zd, you are absurd. Laughably absurd.
/seconded.

@Z: Or it could be because I feel Enigma is more likely to be scum than smarg? Ya think? Maybe? And I didn't ignore your questions. I never saw them. I don't typically vote lurkers for simply lurking at this stage in the game. Enigma has done more than just lurk. Fitz had done more than just lurk as well.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:27 am

Post by DavidParker »

Fate wrote:
Unvote:
Vote: DavidParker

Damn shame. I was looking forward to being town with you again
When were we town together before? It must not have been very memorable...
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:30 am

Post by Fate »

I wasn't Fate in that game /grin
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:32 am

Post by DavidParker »

It must have been one of my "better" town games if you were looking forward to being town together. Let's hope I can replicate it here :/
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Fate wrote:DDD I care about the game now, are you paying attention?
Let's make this a choose your own adventure novel; you choose which response you prefer...

1) Good for you, you want a fucking medal or something?

or

B) Yeah, you care until you say something stupid again and suddenly it's "lol I didn't care then either" all over again.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Fate »

I choose

A) what the hells the matter with you? Baseless Hostility isn't attractive...

And

2) Backtracking? You see, I've never done that as town or scum so show some damn respect
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Enigma »

I don't think Z's scum atm. I see his mehness as genuine town misunderstandings rather than forced scum fakeness! But then a bulletproof ain't the most exciting town PR claim in existence, and one that is very hard to be verified. Definitely something to keep an eye out for during LYLO, not that I want to see him there anyways.

Gut tells me Oopid will gain lots of scum points if Z flips scum. And vice versa. Mainly due to his behavior around the time of Z claim.
Zdenek wrote:In case I am dead. I saw Mariyta online in the forum long after my claim, so she probably saw it, but still decided to neither unvote nor comment.
His post about Mariyta I doubt could be bussing. If one is scum, I'm pretty sure the other won't be.
Oopidstay wrote:Flavor is absolutely pointless with regards to clearing people. Either any flavor role can be scum, or the mod gave the scum fakeclaims, so they won't get caught by the flavor.

FoS: Antihero

His Fate push looks artificial and contrived.
I agree with this.
smargaret wrote:I believe Butters as bulletproof.
He certainly hangs out with Harry enough that he ought to be dead, but isn't.
I'm very uncomfortable with how quickly the wagon built up, and suspect there was scum on it - and oop's rolefishing is enough for me to wagon him. I don't like Fate directing the hypothetical vig, but it's Fate, so it's not a scumtell.
I didn't see any comments on this? Why isn't LMP flinging poo at smargaret using flavor to justify a role? Honestly this whole statement seems a forced scum post to me however.
Fate wrote:I almost want to wagon Enigma because my Oopids read isn;t that strong and SMARGTRZ of all people voted him.
But didn't you call me town just a few pages ago? :( What changed?
smargaret wrote:Fate, like you, I'm dealing with some stuff IRL. I'm coasting a bit this week, unless you want me posting under the influence of benadryl. Pot, meet kettle? And speaking of coasting, let's look at CityofAs and Enigma. Actually, CityofAs hasn't moved his vote at all day 1, nor has he commented on anyone but me. Tunneling much? Also, David Parker promised a content post on Saturday and hasn't posted it yet. Plus,
I think he may be due for a prod too.

I'm still not following the vig thing. We don't know if we have a vig (and I don't want to know), and even if we do, I don't get how the vig shooting someone other than Zdenek clears him. Sure, having a vig and a bulletproof townie is one way to balance things, but a bulletproof townie is also balance for an overpowered scum team, or lack of a doc, or any number of things.
Let's have a look at Enigma? Care to actually mention my name with content or is this an attempt to try and divert negative attention away from you being flailing scum? Also at the the speculators, who cares what happens at night. Whoever has night PR's will use them, and when it's time for you to figure out what happens, it's going to smack you in the face. Till then, stop trying to guess the setup, waste of time kthx.
Fate wrote:Hmmm I ISO'd Oopidstay:

Bad news smarg, I think you're scum who took 25mins to make a case on him because he wasn't actually a suspect of yours prior to you jumping on the bandwagon I was starting. Then when I asked you for a case you went through his ISO and posted whatever stuck out as scummy.

Instead of going through his ISO genuinely trying to get a read on him (which is what I JUST DID, and I got a town read).

I hope things get better for you IRL, they will though-trust me.
Hah! But this is godly. But then I can't shake a feeling telling me it's risky to place Fate in the town reads. He can sit on the neutral stool for while. Also, as part of my relationship obsession, I don't see a Fate/Smarg scum team.
Mariyta wrote:Third, the claim is believable, so UNVOTE: Z. Waldo is a pansy who would rather avoid confrontation than experience pain of any sort, so BP makes perfect sense. Oh, right, forgot the vest, which just makes even more sense.
Yay! More flavor = role alignment speculation. Let's put this out: Flavor does not guarantee roles/alignment. But in the case you know/think it does, there is no need to tell everyone that.
Let's stop now. Cheers.

Page 16 + to come.

I have been drunk 3 times in the past 7 days. The joys of a 3 month holiday with nothing else better to do.
Let's chill with the hyperactive posting!

PS: Feel free to request clarification on particular points before page 16 and I will try attempt to answer it when I get up to your request.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”