Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:41 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Deadline now set for Sunday at 8PM.

If there is more consistant discussion going and still no votes I will extend this, but it seems that people need a bit of a push to prevent 3 day gaps in conversations.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:26 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I'm willing to vote either Mneme or Flay to avoid the deadline tho i would prefer the esme lynch.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:26 pm

plz wake up guys...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:42 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I have to go with my first and best instinct. If I'm wrong, at least I tried.

Vote: esme
Retired as of October 2014.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:35 am

Post by mneme »

Ok. Let's try this, then.

vote: esme
Did I say too much?
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:24 am

Post by esme »

:(

I assume that the game is over.
[size=75]Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.[/size]
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:57 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Probably... now to find out who was right.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:48 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

:shock: The suspense is killing me here...(
hopefully not literally
).
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:15 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Esme put up the best fight she had to not get up on that lynching post. She screamed her innocence and tried to make them see reason, but they would not listen. When they finally had the noose around her neck she stopped struggling. She just cried as they pulled the lever.

Esme, Alien, was lynched day 9.

It is now night 10.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Polotet
Polotet
Townie
Polotet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:47 am

Post by Polotet »

Blonde Anchorwoman: Welcome to our special "Out of Tadfield" edition of Channel 666 Morning News. Following some rumors from sources we can't disclose, Nondescript Reporter, the entire production team, and I have packed our bags and left Tadfield. However, our fearless Investigative Reporter is still on the scene to provide you with updates, bravely using a handheld camcorder we're receiving a live feed from to provide with up to date coverage.

Investigative Reporter: Our sources told us that something would be happening at Mr. Flay's house tonight, so I'm hiding in a nearby bush staking it out. And here we go! Someone's approaching Mr. Flay's house! It looks like... yes, it's mneme. I wonder what he's doing here. That's odd, it seems like he's starting to chant... and, yes, it appears that a small fire has caught on the roof of the house! I certainly hope Mr Flay's able to get out in time. Oh, good, here he comes running out of the house, in what looks like a modified FedEx uniform. And mneme's going over to him, I'm sure to help him out.

mneme: To the fires of Hell with you! And tell them Hastur sent you.

*mneme grows and morphs until he has become a ten foot tall demon, and points one talon towards a now fleeing Mr. Flay, who immediately burst into flame. Seconds later, Mr. Flay is nothing more than a small pile of dust.*

IR: Well, that was rather shocking and frightening. But here come Pooky and Fuldu, I'm sure they'll be able to deal with him.

Fuldu: Quick, maybe with the two of us if we grab him the right way we can manage to lynch him!

*mneme starts to laugh*

Pooky: Fuldu, I have something to tell you. My name is Sister Mary Loquacious.

Fuldu: Oh, you're a nun. Maybe you know some holy signs that might help?

Pooky: I'm afraid I'm not that kind of nun, dear.

*Sister Mary pulls a pistol from her handbag and shoots Fuldu*

Fuldu: I'm... too... young... to die.

*Hastur points at Wensleydale and he, too, is quickly incinerated.*

Hastur: Looks like we'll have to wait a few decades before the time is ripe for another attempt at the apocalypse... but at least we've got a nice head start now.

Sister Mary: Are those bushes rustling?

*Hastur points at the bushes. The screen goes dark.*

Blonde Anchorwoman: Well, um, that was rather disturbing. I hope IR is alright.

Good Omens Mafia is over, with the Satanic Mafia winning. The suriving players are mneme (Hastur) and Pooky (Sister Mary Loquacious). The other two remaining were Fuldu (Wensleydale) and Mr. Flay (Delivery Man).
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:48 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Congrats to the winners. THe game was well played by a lot of people. There were a few problems in the middle and throughout regarding replacements, but I had a good time modding and hope you enjoyed playing. Thanks for making my last mafia game great guys.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:22 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

Aw, bugger. :cry:

You know, when I first got my role PM, I was convinced that my group could run the game. As it turned out, we lost half of THEM Night One, and after the superlurking started I ended up painting targets on us. And our group had such potential! *sob*

And... well... Pooky was brilliant. Remind me to always kill him ASAP, just in case.
To be Continued...
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:42 am

Post by VisMaior »

I followed this trough. Very well played.
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:46 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Seriously. Pooky is my N1 target any time I'm a vigilante, from here on out. After this game and Werewolves/Mafia 37, there's no reason to trust him. Ever.

DS, can we get roles/alignments now?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:58 am

Post by Fuldu »

Okay, now that I know you were the Delivery Man, Flay, why on earth would you purport any sort of questionable motives to your own role? If it hadn't been for all of that, I'd have been arguing for a Pooky lynch today.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:13 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Well, at the basic level, it was probably a screwup. However after watching *3* players get modkilled, I was particularly twitchy about getting knocked off myself. So I wanted to allay any suspicion that I was showing extraordinary knowledge about the Delivery Man, by throwing as much misinformation out there as real. Also, it appeared at that point that we were completely lacking in Role Cops, and I wasn't expecting you to take quite the tack you did. Maybe it fell under Lynch-All-Liars, but I still don't see why you were so adamant about what difference it made who I was or was not.

I still think we'd have been in a very different situation that day with two more players still alive (I'd have been willing to off Pooky, for one), but...*shrug*
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:38 am

Post by mith »

Do I at least get points for confusing everyone for so long? :)
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:11 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

DRAMATIS PERSONAE

SUPERNATURAL BEINGS
God (God)/ Metatron (The Voice of God)- town, the two players (“masons”) get assigned the name “God/Metatron.” Whichever is targeted for a lynch or kill first dies as Metatron. The other becomes God. As long as Metatron is alive the team recruits humans (except Loquacious and Them) and townies via metatron. People recruited are not told of it.

Aziraphale (An angel, and part-time rare book dealer)- mason with Crowley- see crowley for details of ability
Crowley (An Angel who did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards)- mason with Aziraphale- together they investigate someone each night- choosing one of them to go and check. Depending on the character they get more or less info about him/her.

Satan (A Fallen Angel; the Adversary) – evil mafia; one kill per night. Wants to kill God’s followers. Can win by killing all other town.
Beelzebub (A Likewise Fallen Angel and Prince of Hell)
Hastur (A Fallen Angel and Duke of Hell)
Ligur (Likewise a Fallen Angel and Duke of Hell)
Sister Mary Loquacious (A Satanic Nun of the Chattering Order of St. Beryl)- spy, investigates for God’s follower’s. One choice per night.

APOCALYPTIC HORSEPERSONS

Masons: one kill per night. War, Famine, Pollution each get a message in their respective order. Message comes starting night 2 to war, then night 3 to famine, then night 4 to pollution. If the deliveryman is killed then this is all set back one day waiting for a replacement. If one of the horsepersons besides Death dies before receiving their message then their message is delayed a day. Choose which horseperson to send out and if they target someone of the Them with for example war on brian than brain dies, but if war targets pepper, her counterpart, then war dies.
DEATH (Death)- can only be killed by lynch. Cannot kill any of the Them.
One of the following search to kill a member of the Them. Die if they send a member to kill his/her counterpart.
War (War)
Famine (Famine)
Pollution (Pollution)

HUMANS

Newton Pulsifer (Wages Clerk and Witchfinder Private)- mason with Shadwell until he finds Anathema, at which point he stops contacting Shadwell.
Shadwell (Witchfinder Sergeant)- mason with Pulsifer

Anathema Device (Practical Occultist and Professional Descendent)- doc- if she chooses someone who is getting attacked then a prophecy is sent to that person and they don’t get killed.

Madame Tracy (Painted Jezebel [mornings only, Thursdays by arrangement] and medium)- townie until witch hunting group breaks up. Shadwell becomes masons with her.

Mr. Young (A Father)- townie

Mr. Tyler (A Chairman of a Residents' Association)- townie

A Delivery Man- just kinda there. “Delivers” messages to horsepersons but is more like a placeholder. When he dies messages are set back a night while another townie is put in his place. If blocked on the night he is giving a message the messages are pushed back.

THEM- masons; Pepper, Wensleydale, and Brain search each night for their Horsepersons counterparts.

ADAM (An Antichrist)- protected from all first kill or lynching by having dog take his place in the death- EXCEPT dies when targeted by Death.
Three following each night choose someone to try and find their counterparts. Doesn’t know who dog is.
Pepper (A Girl)- searches to kill war.
Wensleydale (A Boy)- searches to kill Famine
Brian (A Boy)- searches to kill Pollution.
Once Adam is dead the others in the Them lose their powers, but they control the dog.
AND:

Dog (Satanical hellhound and cat-worrier)- roleblocker, choices by Adam. Knows who he’s blocked. Knows who Adam is.

Tibetan: townie
Aliens: townie
Americans- townie
Atlantisan- townie
One rare and strange Creature of the Last Day- townie
Warlock: townie- when investigated people think he’s Adam.

Grevious Bodily Harm- SK
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:33 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Mr. Flay wrote:Well, at the basic level, it was probably a screwup. However after watching *3* players get modkilled, I was particularly twitchy about getting knocked off myself. So I wanted to allay any suspicion that I was showing extraordinary knowledge about the Delivery Man, by throwing as much misinformation out there as real. Also, it appeared at that point that we were completely lacking in Role Cops, and I wasn't expecting you to take quite the tack you did. Maybe it fell under Lynch-All-Liars, but I still don't see why you were so adamant about what difference it made who I was or was not.

I still think we'd have been in a very different situation that day with two more players still alive (I'd have been willing to off Pooky, for one), but...*shrug*
It wasn't that it mattered who you were, exactly. What mattered was that three people had claimed plain townie and there were only two plain townie roles left. If neither you or esme was the Delivery Man, then one of you was certain to be scum, which was a better bet than going after Pooky.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:52 am

Post by esme »

Told you so.

And frankly, I don't understand why Mr. Flay voted for me with Pooky and Mneme after the previous two lynches. If you don't punish people for being exactly on all wrong lynches...

I liked mith's role and how he played it.

Finally, I'm still surprised that my predecessor as alien with the avatar shown below was not modkilled.

[size=75]Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.[/size]
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:26 am

flay wrote:Seriously. Pooky is my N1 target any time I'm a vigilante, from here on out. After this game and Werewolves/Mafia 37, there's no reason to trust him. Ever.

DS, can we get roles/alignments now?
:( u can't blame pooky for lying when he's scum can u? U really expect pooky to be telling the truth ALL the time?
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:23 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Congrats, Pooky and mneme!
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:37 pm

Post by mith »

Oh, and for the record (for those of you that still remember this far back), I really was at a conference when Pooky outed me. I wasn't stalling for time, I had come up with my "claim" pretty much from the beginning. I had a lot of fun with that, I'm still surprised I got away with it for so long.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:15 pm

Post by Fritzler »

mith wrote:Oh, and for the record (for those of you that still remember this far back), I really was at a conference when Pooky outed me. I wasn't stalling for time, I had come up with my "claim" pretty much from the beginning. I had a lot of fun with that, I'm still surprised I got away with it for so long.
Dude, that was really good, I think that's one of the most impressive things I"ve ever seen actually.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:33 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Congrats Pooky and mneme, that was really well played out. I fell kinda bad I made myself look so scummy in the beginning, but I was trying my hardest for not having any idea what was going on in the beginning, and ppl started holding my mistakes against me, which became too hard to cover up. I personally felt that at the end when there were just 5 players, I had doubts that there was going to be a mary Loquacious immune to investigation, and I was also having doubts about there being two scum left that were allies. What I was thinking was that Esme seemed most probably scum due to the investigation results, but innocent if Pooky was scum (which I thought was impossible). I probably would've tried to lynch Pooky just to prove that he was the cop (Agnes Nutter was what I thought), and because I believed there to be only one scum left. I don't know what I'd of done afterwards though. But that was really well played out. Good job once again.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”