Mini 1087 - The Dresden Files Game Over!

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:06 am

Post by LimMePls »

@Enigma: I don't always write off flavor, as some mods only provide fake names and not full fake roles. So fail flavor can be an indication of scum. However, the opposite is definitely not true. Good flavor in their claim does NOT indicate town.

I like the catchup, and I'm feeling fine with my somewhat townish view of Enigma.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by smargaret »

Enigma, it's not flavor=alignment speculation, it's flavor=role speculation. Based on the only other character information I have, I believe flavor and role do go together.

Why don't you expect to see Z in lylo? Do you think we're likely to lynch him between now and then? Because unless we do, he will be in lylo - either because he's scum or because he can't be nk'd.

The reason I mentioned your name was people were saying I was scum for lurking. I pointed out that there were three other players who had been lurking worse than me, and unless they thought there were four scum in a game this size, lurking might not be the best reason the vote.

Is there anything in your catchup other than "If A is scum, B is not," statements? Because I'm not seeing a whole lot in the way of scumhunting there.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

smarg wrote:Enigma, it's not flavor=alignment speculation, it's flavor=role speculation. Based on the only other character information I have, I believe flavor and role do go together.
Which proves nothing about Zed's alignment. Do you still think Zed is scum?
smarg wrote:The reason I mentioned your name was people were saying I was scum for lurking. I pointed out that there were three other players who had been lurking worse than me, and unless they thought there were four scum in a game this size, lurking might not be the best reason the vote.
Scumlurking isn't the only reason you've got votes, FYI.
smarg wrote:Because I'm not seeing a whole lot in the way of scumhunting there.
*cough* *cough*

That said, I would like to see some suspects out of Enigma.
Who you callin' oopid...(sigh) nvm.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by smargaret »

Oop, where did I say I thought Z was scum?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Mod: I will be V/LA until Monday
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Oopidstay »

smargaret wrote:Oop, where did I say I thought Z was scum?
Oops, my mistake. Actually, looking back, I can't really see what your stance is on him. Clarify, please, and reasons why. Additionally, since you indicated that you believe Zed's role, and not his alignment, what exactly was the point of saying you believe his role?

Also, are you still clinging to your "case" on me, and if so, why haven't you tried to refute my latest rebuttal?

Oh, and fitz? Since you're arguing that I've been coming up with nothing but crap cases, I want you to show us exactly why you claim my cases are crap.
All
the cases I've made, not just the one on you. Don't argue that it's not your job; you're the one who made the allegation, so the burden's on you to prove it.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by Fate »

I'm not trying to be in anyone's town reads Enigma, I'm tryin to alive past N1 for once in my fuckin meta existence thank you.

Anyway noting changed except smarg voting oopids, which made my world view change and made you shift to a scum read since you were the easiest and weakest town read to change.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Oopidstay wrote:Oh, and fitz? Since you're arguing that I've been coming up with nothing but crap cases, I want you to show us exactly why you claim my cases are crap.
All
the cases I've made, not just the one on you. Don't argue that it's not your job; you're the one who made the allegation, so the burden's on you to prove it.
OK...summarize the case on each of your suspects with each point you find indicative they are scum in bullet points under their name.

Ex.

Oopidstay:
1. Ad hom attacks
2. Voting in a pack with LMP and Fate

Note: The above is just a cursory example for illustrative purposes which I will refine for your reciprocal benefit.

BTW...mod...can we get a votecount?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:52 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

The "Your mod is about to go comatose" Vote Count:

Havinfitz (1): LMP
Smargaret (1): CityofAs
Zdenek (3): DDD,LMP, Oopidstay
Oopidstay (2): HavingFitz, Smargare
LMP (1): Zdenek
DP (2): Antihero, Fate

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.

CityofAs is being prodded.

Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:56 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Vote: LMP

It seems I haven't had a vote down in a while. That's not something I'm happy about.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:40 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

The "I care about the happiness of my players!" Vote Count:

Havinfitz (1): LMP
Smargaret (1): CityofAs
Zdenek (3): DDD,LMP, Oopidstay
Oopidstay (2): HavingFitz, Smargare
LMP (1): Zdenek, DP
DP (2): Antihero, Fate

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:33 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Um, not to imply that you aren't doing a fine job, Mr. Moderator, but I do believe I'm voting for smargaret, not Zdenek. Also, you have LMP as a double voter.

@ Fitz: No. If you thought my cases were crap, then surely you had a good idea of what they consisted of, and shouldn't need my help to find the main points for them. Otherwise, how would you know my cases were crap?
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:55 am

Post by havingfitz »

I've explained why the case on me is crap. I do not suspect either Zd or smarg at the moment so I disgree with your suspicion towards them. I'm equating your crap case on me and my differing opinion towards Zd and smarg with your case on them being crap as well .

If you want effort on my part to provide specific reasons why I think your case on them is crap...then you can put a little effort into summarizing your case on them. You do know why you were voting them don't you...aside from your pursuit of a mislynch?

Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:12 am

Post by Oopidstay »

So, in other words, my cases on Zed and smarg are crap because you don't suspect them and I do? And you haven't even bothered to actually
look
at my cases on either of them to see whether or not your statement is actually valid? You make me laugh, fitz, you really do. If you can't be bothered to actually look up the data to support your accusations, I most certainly am not going to go do it for you.

Unvote: smargaret. Vote: havingfitz
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:18 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Oh, and by the way, you still haven't addressed the things in my Post #235 that I wanted you to address.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:02 am

Post by havingfitz »

Oopid...if you can't recall why you suspected your last vote recipient, smarg, or the one before her, Zd, enough to list the reasons then don't send me on a goose chase consolidating them and addressing them. If you have points you feel strongly about in those cases which you want me to address I will. But I am not going to do your legwork for you. List your points and I will respond to them. Otherwise you will just have to acccept my opinion. Just because you ask a question or make a request does not make its response mandatory and FYI...lack of interest in what you want is not a scumtell. Just like your ridiculous request for me to link you to games where I have RV'd. Seriously...use the search function if you want something. I left my silver platter at home so you are s o l.

And I did address post 235. If you have a specific question from post 235 that has gone unaswered ask it again along with your suspicions towards Zd and smarg and I will respond.

Nice vote btw :-) Not sure whether it is more pathetic or humorous but either way LMP will be very proud of you.

Also...your post 413 quote of me, "I love fitz's stance on smarg. 'I haven't really paid attention to smarg/case on smarg, but I'm inclined to think she's town; her flip would be helpful, though.'" is a major misrep considering you are cutting and pasting together three different parts of what I said and conveniently leaving out the associated rationale I provided for those comments. That would be another bullet on my list of Oopidstay suspicions.

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:29 am

Post by Mariyta »

@mod: My vote should be on Enigma
, who, by the way, is still totally scum. How does no one else see this?
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:08 am

Post by havingfitz »

@Oopid...as it's a slow day I decided to go over your Zd and smarg cases as to be prepared for when you listed your suspicions on them when I realized why you were reluctant to provide your suspicions towards them. It's because you didn't provide a case on either of them as far as I can see.

I honestly don't know why you are not getting more attention with your poor play. Crap or non-existent vote rationale and a lovefest with LMP. I'm assuming Hyena's mate for life?

If you were town you would have absolutely no way of knowing with the confidence you do that LMP is town yet you have gone above and beyond to defend/support him in this game and the way the two of you have been following each other's votes is crazy.

My offer still stands...if you can provide those reasons I will tell you why you are wrong.

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:12 am

Post by Fate »

VOTE: smarg

I take ONE second to joke vote DP and you guys kill my smarg wagon?

What the fuck.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:21 am

Post by DavidParker »

Despite the last votecount being "for the players" and to make them happy, it seems to be full of misinformation that has discontented the players!

And yeah, if the LMP wagon doesn't kick off like I'm hoping I might have to join the smarg crew...
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:29 am

Post by Oopidstay »

@ Fitz (465): I was giving you the chance to justify your opinion, instead of leaving it as another crap accusation that has no backing behind it.
You
are the one who claims that all my cases are crap, so it is
your
responsibility to prove your claims. I am under no obligation whatsoever to provide you with a summary of points for my cases, since it is your job, as the accuser, to do that research yourself.

If you addressed #235, then I missed it. What was the post number? (Yes, I'm probably inviting a spiteful "look it up yourself" retort, but whatever.)

As for your most recent "point" against me, what I said is the same thing other people have said of you
after
my comment, but using their own words. The only thing I'm guilty of is lack of originality in word choice, but I'm sure people got the point anyway. (Btw, that comment wasn't a copy-paste job.)

@ Fitz (467): Then go ahead and provide your reasoning. You don't need to wait for me to make a fool of yourself.

True, I don't know for sure that LMP is town. What I
do
know is that at this moment he's the second towniest person in the game (the most town person being me, obviously) and that his reads are pretty close to mine. I don't need to have 100% certainty of his townhood to support him against all the shit accusations being thrown at him. Just because one person vocally supports another person doesn't mean they're scumbuddies. Or are you just afraid of the town power bloc that's forming before your eyes? ;)

Why is smarg a town read? Do you agree with her case on me, and why? What about Zed? Why's he a town read?

@ Fate: I'm not done with smarg. Fitz just asked me to vote for him so I obliged.

Unvote: havingfitz. Vote: smargaret.

@ LMP: As much as I'd love to lynch fitz, smarg is probably the better play for today, so please come back to the smarg wagon. We can deal with fitz tomorrow. /inb4chainlynchaccusation

@ DP: The LMP wagon isn't going to take off. Please join the smarg wagon.

@ Mariyta: Enigma hasn't done anything worth placing him over fitz or smarg. Please join the smarg wagon.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:33 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Fate wrote:A) what the hells the matter with you? Baseless Hostility isn't attractive...

And

2) Backtracking? You see, I've never done that as town or scum so show some damn respect
#) Good thing I'm not concerned about image

And

?)
Fate wrote:To be fair Anti, I wasn't into the game at all when I made those weak sauce attempts at content
~~~

Agree with Enigma (and then Hyena) that the claim/flavor analysis is relatively useless and LMP and smargret's arguments are off target.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Fate »

$) Its not about image its about tone, it read really weird you seemed to be feigning more anger at me than was justified

&)That wasn't backtracking, that was me clarifying that my Mairyta and oopids vote had come at a time when I wasn't caring, and then I drew a line in the sand and said that I have now STARTED caring so all future content can be judged by its own merit.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:15 am

Post by LimMePls »

Everyone who is not voting 1 of smarg, fitz, Zd is absolutely doing it wrong. Maryita x2, as per the VC isn't voting at all.

@Fate, Oopid, Enigma, Maryita, DDD, AH: Alliance? I propose we all do a
HOS:
on one of fitz, smarg, Zd. Then, whichever one gets the most votes, we all agree to vote them. Are you in?

I'll start:
HOS: fitz
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:44 am

Post by Fate »

An alliance with the likes of Enigma and DDD?

HoS: smarg

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”