Newbie 1027: Trick or Treat! [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by andrew94 »

I ALSO POST LIKE THAT. btw

thor has to die because i was the cop in his last game, so pretty sure he was gonna bring out stats = =
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by parknourie »

Game over babies~
Well, I was kinda surprised with this result.
I played horribly, got lynched Day 2, while Andrew really used 100% of his strength to protect me before.
I thought my Cop claim wasn't bad considering the fact that there were no Cops in this game, but Andrew gave an unexpected thrust and got the game into real motion after my death.
Thanks people for the fun game you all provided. A real nail-biter this was.
Sex and Golf are Two Things You Can Enjoy Without Being Very Good At It.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she, they, ze/zir

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Packbat »

I'm looking forward to Thor's comments - this is the second game where I've been the primary target for lynching as town (the other I was the Doctor), so I would like to know if I'm doing something obviously stupid, but I have to give andrew94 a lot of credit for the bluff. He talked me out of believing my own story against him.
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by andrew94 »

ur story about the posts is wrong anyhow,

p.s. guderian was so scummy that i forgot he was not scum when writing a case on him
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Neruz »

I seriously don't see how Gude was so scummy, if i'd been here from day 1 i probably would have been going after you or possibly Thor.
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by parknourie »

Neruz wrote:I seriously don't see how Gude was so scummy, if i'd been here from day 1 i probably would have been going after you or possibly Thor.
Well, I personally thought that too.
I had no idea how to get successful hammer. I hammered anyways, knowing that I'll be an easy target for Day 2.
Things turned out quite pleasantly...at least for us. Another Mafia Victor!
Sex and Golf are Two Things You Can Enjoy Without Being Very Good At It.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by andrew94 »

well gud was scummy to me..
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by Guderian »

I naturally assumed no scum would be so prominent in pushing such a lousy case. Though I can't believe that little cop gambit worked at the end.
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by Guderian »

Also, I cant believe you guys let andrew slide for his completely stupid claim that he would rather mislynch than lynch correctly and out power roles.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by Neruz »

Like i said before, i let andrew get away with way too much because i discounted scum tells as idiot tells. T'was an error on my part and i don't think i shall let it happen again.

But yeah, the hammer on Gude? That was dumb.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:32 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Neruz wrote:Yeah, that'll teach me to let people go easily for bad posting habits.
That's actually entirely unfair since lynching andrew for his posting style would have been an unwise idea - you should have lynched him *when the night kills plainly show that scum are avoiding killing claimed PRs* I even wrote a PM to Kitty grumbling about the lack of NK speculation from the town. The breakdown is this;

As soon as andrew claimed role block town knows for a fact chkflip is town.
Scum roleblocker, would only leave alive town PRs if he thought he could get them lynched.
Thor is killed - okay, maybe scum think they can get the PRs lynched.
Nobody makes a move to lynch the PRs.
Scum then either no kill or try to kill Neruz. Even though chkflip is confirmed town and no one suspects andrew.
Why is scum not killing either the uncounterclaimed doc or cop?
This question should have been asked and discussed, as Packscum would have been pretty dumb wanting to go into an endgame with the cop and the doc and not Neruz.

=================================================
andrew94
- Good play andrew and congrats on the win, a successful gambit and you were smart killing me not because I would have been clever enough to analyze your past cop play but simply because the lack of killing the town PRs planted you into obv. falseclaim universe. I think my best advice was that you might have wanted to kill chkflip that last night - you could have gotten away with that and it would have made you look less obv. scum.

Guderian
- Pretty solid play from you, a couple of your gambits were unconventional which is what got you into so much trouble early on. My biggest advice to you is to remember that somebody thinking you're scummy is not a scumtell on their part unless you've claimed a role or something else odd is going on.

Charlie
- I never saw you make a scummy post ;) (andrew and park were meanies for killing you)

parknourie
- Wooosh, you actually almost got out from under my radar by playing so scummy I just couldn't buy you as scum. Pretty much everything Neruz and chkflip mentioned as they were trying to lynch you is stuff you need to work on. Hammering like you did in a non-newbie would pretty much be insta-death the next day.

Thor665
- The biggest point of advantage to my play I can point out is how on Day 2 I kept myself open enough to reconsider and eventually vote parknourie. Remember, when you are town other players you have strong town reads on are there to help you focus your own scumhunting.

ooBAZZoo
- Try to stay more focused and open in your opinions. A lot of my issues with you were best summed up as fellings that you were fencesitting and just generally poo-pooing wagons without offering alternatives. Good town is proactive, scum tend to like to sit back and regard things.

Packbat
- I actually thought you were pretty obvious town, but then I also had the screaming scumtell on andrew that I was frothing over. You and Neruz just allowed yourselves to be confirmation biased into forgetting that scum occasionally help lynch their partners.

Neruz
- You did a fine job, though coming in on the tail end of Hunt was a nice place to be as a replace in. My biggest niggle with you is you need to clarify whether or not something is scummy or simply annoying. You wasted a lot of time with andrew grumbling about clarity in writing when, though I agree his posts were poorly put together, they were all still relatively clear. That was energy you could have spent better elsewhere. On the final Day you should have fought for a bit more talking since you knew chkflip *had* to be town you should have forced him to engage opinions more to help you clarify your own thoughts.

Huntman800
- I wish more newbies played like you ;) You just need a bit of time to sharpen up your radar, and you're more than ready for playing on the regular site.

chkflip
- You were the obvious town. You'd claimed a protect on Neruz so he should look almost certain obvious town to you as well. Why the two of you didn't form an aggressive pro-town discussion force makes me wonder. Your biggest weakness (and it's one I've succumbed to as well) is that after you were confirmed you got a little lazy. When confirmed as town you should be the one in charge because you are the one player everyone knows is town. Get opinions, force conversation, and hopefully lead correctly (that's the other hard part ;) ).
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by Guderian »

It doomed park though, So that was at least a positive.

Neruz, I think you didnt want to be a dick, so you didnt go after it, and what you perceived to be his random/strange posting. In the end, you end up a better person, even though you lost. I dont fault you for that.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by Guderian »

I like gambits. A lot. Scum win too often. If i'm not doing something crazy, I'm probably scum. Its just to convince other players i'm actually TOWN after doing it, and not some frothing idiot scum.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by Guderian »

That damn parknourie. I don't even remember why I unvoted him in the beginning as well. So close.

Also, Thor, I did think your case on me was kind of shoddy. That whole unvote debacle I am rereading and remembering :p!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:41 pm

Post by Thor665 »

There are gambits and then there are gambits - but this is skating dangerously close to an ongoing so maybe we'll save it for post game there.

I actually don't even recall my case on you - but I didn't think it was that bad at all, nor do I really agree with everyone bemoaning the case (obviously - or I wouldn't have done it ;) ).
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:44 pm

Post by Guderian »

I'm pretty sure i'm the only one bemoaning it. Overall, good game all. Cheers all around. Another game of mafia down the hatch!

The bearded god of thunder THOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:20 pm

Post by Neruz »

Guderian wrote:Neruz, I think you didnt want to be a dick, so you didnt go after it, and what you perceived to be his random/strange posting. In the end, you end up a better person, even though you lost. I dont fault you for that.
It's actually a side-effect of playing with people i know for too long. When i started seriously playing mafia i used to aggressively take down anyone who made it harder for me to read the game. If i couldn't tell if you were scum or stupid, i'd lynch you unless i had a really good reason not to because it was far too easy to get away with being scum by pretending to be stupid.

As i played with the people on #mafia more though, i got to know them better and was able to tell genuine idiocy from faked idiocy, which meant people being stupid were no longer unreadable, so i stopped lynching people for it. I don't know anyone all that well here, so i need to start lynching people who muddy the waters again.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:22 pm

Post by Neruz »

To look at it another way, it's the same principle as LaL:
"If i can't read you, i'm going to lynch you."
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:00 pm

Post by andrew94 »

i actually no killed on night 3 ..............

@gud nice avatar!
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Post by andrew94 »

i think theres a saying called 'do not attribute to stupidity what can otherwise be inferred as maliciousness' and vice versa

p.s. scum win almost all of 2 mafia goon set up games, due to the 'confirmed' fake claims. i should start moving to mini normals = =

pp.s. i won 2 games as scum today, so happy = =

ppps. sorry for killing charlie, but i felt morthax was a pr
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:14 pm

Post by Neruz »

It's actually "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:14 pm

Post by Neruz »

(Also known as Hanlon's Razor)
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:38 pm

Post by Charlie »

Ahh nooo the candy oh my goodness!
Kindness
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:17 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Charlie wrote:Ahh nooo the candy oh my goodness!
this explains how i knew camn was lying :D
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she, they, ze/zir

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:12 am

Post by Packbat »

Neruz wrote:It's actually "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
I don't believe Hanlon's Razor applies to Mafia, where it is
known
that multiple players are acting with malice aforethought.
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”