inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:20 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

VP Baltar wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:Also, Exe posted a couple of times when he came back before claiming. May have been asking for flavor.
Huh?
Exe was away from the thread, we got him to claim range. He comes back, makes a couple of posts, and then claims.

Actually, whoa.

Exe's 25 and 26 were posted within the same minute. Crafting a claim, ready to claim from the getgo? Hmm, part of me says his actions are town justified, but part of me also wants to say he was waiting for that last piece of flavor to add from the mod.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:23 pm

Post by mothrax »

I know my lurking is the main reason for my wagon but what I need to post requires a decent amount of time at my computer which I don't have. I just came of a 64 hour work week which is no real excuse. Sorry about that.
That said, expect real content tomorrow afternoonish. It is difficult to establish reads when reading and posting from my phone.
I will say this, yes I still think gandalf is scummy, I do not support the troll wagon, I do have evidence for why. Gut read on vp probably came from avi/name more than anything...
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by nocase »

mothrax wrote:Gut read on vp probably came from avi/name more than anything...
===[]
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Yeah, I should have picked an avatar that doesn't auto give me scum role PMs. :roll:

Unvote, Vote: Exe
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:05 am

Post by Uite »

So, after rereading, VPB and especially Gandalf are still the scummiest players in the game independent of each other, but linking the two makes them even more scummy. I'd be fine lynching either of them, but that's probably not going to happen, which makes me sad.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:14 am

Post by Exe »

inHimshallibe wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:Also, Exe posted a couple of times when he came back before claiming. May have been asking for flavor.
Huh?
Exe was away from the thread, we got him to claim range. He comes back, makes a couple of posts, and then claims.

Actually, whoa.

Exe's 25 and 26 were posted within the same minute. Crafting a claim, ready to claim from the getgo? Hmm, part of me says his actions are town justified, but part of me also wants to say he was waiting for that last piece of flavor to add from the mod.
I posted my role as soon as I got back and saw that a claim had been requested. Your attempt to make it appear that I was biding my time is pretty contrived seeing as my first posts after the demand for a claim were the ones in which I claimed.

And the reason the posts were a minute apart is because I typed out the claim, and then decided to split up the posts.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Uite wrote:So, after rereading, VPB and especially Gandalf are still the scummiest players in the game independent of each other, but linking the two makes them even more scummy. I'd be fine lynching either of them, but that's probably not going to happen, which makes me sad.
Do your reads are usually accurate?
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:32 am

Post by Vi »

mothrax wrote:I know my lurking is the main reason for my wagon but what I need to post requires a decent amount of time at my computer which I don't have. I just came of a 64 hour work week which is no real excuse. Sorry about that.
That said, expect real content tomorrow afternoonish. It is difficult to establish reads when reading and posting from my phone.
I will say this, yes I still think gandalf is scummy, I do not support the troll wagon, I do have evidence for why. Gut read on vp probably came from avi/name more than anything...
Not the MAIN reason.
Also, phone posting is the worst thing ever, seriously.

Exe - Is that all you have to say at this point?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:35 am

Post by VP Baltar »

VP Baltar wrote:
Uite wrote:So, after rereading, VPB and especially Gandalf are still the scummiest players in the game independent of each other, but linking the two makes them even more scummy. I'd be fine lynching either of them, but that's probably not going to happen, which makes me sad.
Do your reads are usually accurate?
wow, don't type and read something else at the same time. :oops:

"Are your reads usually accurate?"
YOUR AD HERE

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:42 am

Post by Uite »

VP Baltar wrote:Are your reads usually accurate?
I'd guess two out of three times they are, give or take.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I just feel like you're jumping at all the wrong things and I'd rather not spend all game arguing with you because I'm pretty sure you're town, but I guess it's irrelevant today. As you said, neither Gandalf or I are going to be lynched today, so let's talk about people that are viable lynch candidates.
YOUR AD HERE

Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:17 am

Post by Exe »

@Vi: No, that's not all. Just posted quick before going to class.

Xvart continues to misconstrue points of mine, IMO. As here:
Xvart wrote:The first implies that you don't only do it as scum but based on your mood (as town or scum). The next says you don't know if you have ever done it as town. While they are not directly contradictory (i.e. IF x THEN ~x) they are conflicting. And the fact that you didn't initially say it was something you have done that varies not based on alignment compounds my suspicion. You only brought that up after the fact.
They are neither contradictory nor conflicting, however Xvart keeps just slightly misrepresenting my posts. In my first post, I did not say anything about having done it multiple times. My quote ("I do it based on what I feel like doing, not based on alignment") is making the point that my decision to claim hammer
was not based on my alignment at the time
. My hammer claim was based entirely on the current situation of the game at that time. That's it.

I do not wish to entertain any future questions about other games. Meta discussions are trivial and stupid, and I've been unfairly lynched over them before. Don't pretend to think you understand my playstyle from game to game: This game is an island, play it as such.

@Tans: Post 492 was a pretty strong push against the mothrax lynch. You also clearly misrepresent the case on Mothrax as one based on lurking. Yeah, the lurking hurt, but it was the attitude and content of the posts that hit me (and I assume, many of those on the wagon) as scummy. The link between you and Mothrax is noted, and it definitely makes me want to see the Mothrax flip.

@VPB: Regarding your question from 468, frankly yes. Mariyta was being pressed pretty hard by many of the players at that time, and I couldn't honestly find much to ask her aside from what had already been said.

@Uite: Pretty much what VPB said: I don't think either of your suspects are viable lynches, so what about the rest of the players?
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:01 am

Post by xvart »

Vi, 486 wrote:Re: the first - You said it yourself. They're not directly contradictory, but there's no indication that he has done such a thing as Town. tbh I'm sympathetic to that argument because it's not too different from how I play. I'm not sure what you meant when you said that he brought up "regardless of alignment" "after the fact" - please elaborate.
They are not directly in contradiction to each other but they do not align which is close enough in scum terms. What I was saying is that when I first read the question to Exe about the two games where he has claimed the hammer I expected him (or anyone who was questioned with the same "evidence") to say that isn't indicative of my scum play but instead he immediately jumped into the context about the other game and how they differed. It wasn't until later that he said it wasn't a scum meta tell and then later that he doesn't know if he has ever done it as town. The regardless of alignment question goes back to my original point. Suggesting that it isn't a scum meta is only valid if it is actually not a scum meta, i.e. he has done it as town. If he can't produce any game (or even remember ever doing it as town) then that isn't a valid counterargument, and they conflict with each other. (preview edit Exe 511: of course you can say that it isn't alignment based and I guess we'll find out when you flip).
Vi, 486 wrote:Re: the second - It -could- be a scum role. The notion of lynching it to be safe is fairly tempting.
As for why I unvoted Exe, his protests seem to be based on genuinely not understanding the theory behind what he's doing. I'm not fully convinced of it, but as that was the impression I was getting I unvoted.
Does not understanding the theory behind a scummy behavior make it less likely to come from scum?
inHimshallibe, 490 wrote:I do believe I was voting her at the time she was L-1, so I couldn't have hammered. Would've gladly done that though.
Oh, you're right. I missed your vote of her in your second post.
Zorblag, 498 wrote:@xvart, out of curiosity, are you saying that I'm a lurker, that I'm posting fluff or that I haven't said anything you can see a scum motive for?
I don't think you are a lurker but closer to the latter two. I think you have stayed pretty close to the periphery of most of the goings and comings of the game. From my little knowledge and experience with you I think this is standard in that you are a careful posted. If someone would say "Nah, Troll is always in the thick of things and riling up dirt" (and I could verify it) I would consider it scummy.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:56 am

Post by Mariyta »

@Vi: Yes, it was mostly due to the claim. I wasn't certain enough that he was scum to vote him after that. Also, once xvart voted him, it was a point in Exe's favor.

@whoever said I took gandalf seriously: Please point out where I ever took the claim seriously. I thought he was full of it from day 1 and I'm pretty sure I made that clear.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:06 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Poor choice of words. You didn't take gandalf's claim seriously, though you treated events that spawned from it as vry srs bsns.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:15 am

Post by nocase »

reread mothrax's post. feel like an idiot.
unvote.

more later.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Vi »

Re: Exe has no Town meta to back himself up -
Suggesting that it isn't a scum meta is only valid if it is actually not a scum meta, i.e. he has done it as town.
Here you plainly say that whatever Exe does is a scum meta if he hasn't previously done it as Town, and that's a fairly obvious wide brush.

Re: Exe didn't understand why what he was doing was bad, therefore he's not scum - If that's actually true, yes. If Exe is feigning knowledge about how bad it was, obv. not. This then becomes case-by-case.

VPB should clearly go back to his OJ Simpson av. :P

Waiting rather patiently on mothrax.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:30 am

Post by nocase »

vote: inhimshallibe.

i've been itching to do that for way too long.

exe and zorblag both get to join him in the special corner.

i'm dying of curiosity about some of the content mothrax has promised.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:34 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

BOOOOO
Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:38 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

My top two votes at the moment would be mothrax and Mariyta.
Show

:

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Ythill »

• Vote Count

4 ~ mothrax (Exe, gandalf5166, Vi, inHimshallibe)
    4 ~ Exe (tanstalas, Zorblag, xvart, VP Baltar)
    2 ~ gandalf5166 (mothrax, Uite)
    1 ~ xvart (Mariyta)
    1 ~ inHimishallbe (nocase)

Not voting: :cool:
  • Notes

• With twelve alive, it takes seven to lynch.
  • Deadline is December 21st, 22:00 PST (GMT-8).
  • D1 prods: Zorblag (1), Exe (1).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Vi »

nocase 517 is awesome and etc.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by mothrax »

Re Mariyta: I was not attempting to derail the wagon. Look at the vote in context. A few points:
A1) Mariyta was at L-3 still... no big whoop. Read my scum meta, I uberbus as scum, so what motivation would I have to derail a wagon?
B2) it was page seven. Regardless of my thoughts on Mariyta's alignment, Pg 7 is too early to lynch anyone imo.

Re towntroll: iso 19 reads frustration. Specifically town frustration. I am also frustrated with the number of claims and will be looking at wagons shortly.

broken to prevent wall o text.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by mothrax »

gandalfscum:
a1) see previous points
b2) He continuosly hangs on one topic. First it was his fake claim, then his claim. everything after that is no content oneliners. He says Mariyta, Myself and xvart are scum, yet he has not once provided reasoning as to why myself or xvart are scum. If exe is scum, gandalf is scum with him. (see iso52 for why, among others; a multitude of his posts list exe as town and continuosly say "he just plays scummy"
c3) I am happy with a lynch on any of our claimed players. At this point, there is no reason to push to another claim for people to unvote after the claim.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Yes, because as scum I totally adamantly defend my scum partners D1. :roll:

I say once again: You've played with me. You know better.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”