ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I was backup jk until yesterday when I became full jk.
I targeted gonzo last night as I thought he would be a good target for scum if he was town and a good person to block if he was scum.

Vote Count

No Lynch (1) - vollkan

Not Voting (5) - Purple Orange, ThAdmiral, Gonzoooo, implosion, don_johnson

With 6 alive it is 4 to lynch. The deadline is set for the end of December 29th, PST.
Last edited by Alduskkel on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Purple Orange »

Vanilla here.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by don_johnson »

so it looks like gonzo is our vig and thad is confirmed. these are good things.

vote: volkan

voting block anyone?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by Purple Orange »

don_johnson wrote:so it looks like gonzo is our vig and thad is confirmed. these are good things.
Will I be interfering with some grand gambit you had to catch the mafia if I go "What the bloody hell are you talking about?"
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:16 pm

Post by vollkan »

[quote="Don"]
tbh, most likely scum on the wagon is volkan. his smash vote is text book bus. drop it on early in the day and let it ride. [/quote[

This just isn't true. I followed up on my suspicion of him in multiple posts. The fact that I was the first on the wagon is not a bussing tell - in fact, I'd imagine that if I had joined the wagon late, you'd then simply be arguing that I was bussing by having a last-ditch attempt.

Please, explain to me exactly what it is that you think my subsequent posts lacked.

I'll also point out that I believe you may inadvertently be attacking my playstyle. To elaborate, in a lot of my games, no matter what my alignment, I get accused of not scumhunting. The following is a kind of compilation meta defence on this that I made in another of my recent town games, which may be helpful to you: viewtopic.php?p=2473767#p2473767

See also my most recently finished town game, where I was just lynched a few days ago (game is still ongoing) where I got comments such
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:51 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

Purple Orange wrote:
don_johnson wrote:so it looks like gonzo is our vig and thad is confirmed. these are good things.
Will I be interfering with some grand gambit you had to catch the mafia if I go "What the bloody hell are you talking about?"

I'm not sure if you were trying to get me to claim vig so I would draw the NK or not, or if you still have your doubts about me and wanted to test a Gonzo-scum, but I don't think it's a good idea for me to lie at this juncture, as it'd cause more confusion than it's worth.

I'm Vanilla.
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:54 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

Or am I!

Bwhahahaha
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:00 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

Here's the plan of action:

Lynch: volokan
Thadmiral JKs PO
Gonzoooo/DJ kills implosion

If vollkan is town that means its 3/2 going into night; ThAd locks one scum (PO) up and Gonzoooo/DJ shoots the other while one of Gonzoooo/Don or ThAd get shot. That means it goes to 2/1 with two of Gonzoooo/DJ/ThAd against the last scum.

If vollkan is scum that means its 4/1 going into night; TheAd locks up one player and Gonzoooo/Don shoots the other. If implosion is town then we lynch PO as the last scum the next day. If implosion is last scum then game over.

Thoughts?
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:18 am

Post by Purple Orange »

Gonzoooo wrote:
Purple Orange wrote:

I'm not sure if you were trying to get me to claim vig so I would draw the NK or not, or if you still have your doubts about me and wanted to test a Gonzo-scum, but I don't think it's a good idea for me to lie at this juncture, as it'd cause more confusion than it's worth.

I'm Vanilla.
Is that addressed to DJ or me? :? I'm fine continuing to roll with you being town, though if volk or implosion flips town I'm not sure what the hell I'm going to think.

No one's disputing Thad's JK claim, so that clears him for me, unless I'm completely missing something. He's just maybe lying about who he JK'd. The vig claimed VT...so as the vig and possibly the JK are lying, I'm assuming exceptions to "town shouldn't lie" are considered acceptable in a circumstance like this? It's probably a good thing then that I'm
not
the vig, because I woulda gone and naively claimed my real role. (So, sure, I'm fine with being jailed tonight).

But the vig obviously wasn't jailed last night, whatever happened, so I don't see the point of DJ's post, unless he just wanted to claim VT out of order.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:32 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

I think we should all look through the thread to see if there are any people who are left that are very unlikely to be in a scum team together, and also if there are any people left who could likely be a scum team together from their actions.
I don't think rushing at this juncture is a good idea as we are setting ourselves up for potentially our last chances to hit scum.

I'm not sure the confusing "who's the vig" stuff is particularly helpful either.
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Purple Orange »

Game mechanics question: vig shot and mafia shot are simultaneous, right?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:09 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Yes.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:29 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

Hint: The scum are almost certainly vollkan and implosion.

Lynch one, shoot the other tonight, winrar and we all party at turning this game around so well.

@ThAd - do you honestly believe if I was scum that I'd be ballsy enough to mess with hypo-vig dj? Especially after I leaned on him so hard yesterday. That's ridiculous. Dj or I am the vig and we're creating just enough WIFOM to screw the scum over completely because we have this game figured out. I'll hold on my vote so we can talk about whatever you want to talk about, but my plan locks this game up tight.
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:24 am

Post by Purple Orange »

Gonzoooo wrote:Hint: The scum are almost certainly vollkan and implosion.

Lynch one, shoot the other tonight, winrar and we all party at turning this game around so well.

@ThAd - do you honestly believe if I was scum that I'd be ballsy enough to mess with hypo-vig dj? Especially after I leaned on him so hard yesterday. That's ridiculous. Dj or I am the vig and we're creating just enough WIFOM to screw the scum over completely because we have this game figured out. I'll hold on my vote so we can talk about whatever you want to talk about, but my plan locks this game up tight.
You're creating zero WIFOM over which one of you is actually the vig, but whatever. I figure it's better not to say anything more unless/until volk and implosion post? :?

Also, why a volk lynch before an implosion lynch?
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:19 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

PO might make a good lynch today too. She's starting to sound like uneasy scum more than happy-we're-gonna-slam-dunk-the-game-town.

I already stated the reasons I don't like vollkan yesterday.

Why implosion over vollkan?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:10 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

If dj agrees with your plan then I'm happy to do it.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:20 am

Post by implosion »

Okay. ThAd being JK narrows things down nicely. Btw, there's
no
reason to WIFOM right now. Like literally no reason. This game is pretty much won. Don't screw it up.

That said, Gonzoooo and d_j both do overall look like town. So I'm good with vollkan or PO.
Gonzoooo wrote:@ThAd - do you honestly believe if I was scum that I'd be ballsy enough to mess with hypo-vig dj? Especially after I leaned on him so hard yesterday. That's ridiculous.
That really isn't ridiculous. In fact, if you were scum and d_j was vig, you would probably react exactly how you did - it would look strange if you weren't willing to accept his obvious request for WIFOM. d_j is the most likely town at this point since Smash flipped scum, but Gonzoooo is in no way clear - I'd rather he and d_j not try to WIFOM. It really doesn't do much against the scum, either.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:20 am

Post by don_johnson »

lynch volkan.

thad, jail PO. unless volkan flips town. then you jail noone. our only hope would be a clear vigshot.

implosion:

place your vote and tell us why?

PO:

volkan:

please be concise.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

dj wrote:then you jail noone. our only hope would be a clear vigshot.
Well that's not true. Thad jails one of the scums because it will be a lock who they are. Vig shoots the other one. Hopefully thad picks right and stops the kill, but if not it's a 2-1 lylo anyhow and the scum will be obv obv. 'Least from my perspective.
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Purple Orange »

implosion wrote:Okay. ThAd being JK narrows things down nicely. Btw, there's
no
reason to WIFOM right now. Like literally no reason. This game is pretty much won. Don't screw it up.

That said, Gonzoooo and d_j both do overall look like town. So I'm good with vollkan or PO.
Gonzoooo wrote:@ThAd - do you honestly believe if I was scum that I'd be ballsy enough to mess with hypo-vig dj? Especially after I leaned on him so hard yesterday. That's ridiculous.
That really isn't ridiculous. In fact, if you were scum and d_j was vig, you would probably react exactly how you did - it would look strange if you weren't willing to accept his obvious request for WIFOM. d_j is the most likely town at this point since Smash flipped scum, but Gonzoooo is in no way clear - I'd rather he and d_j not try to WIFOM. It really doesn't do much against the scum, either.
^ This is the sort of thing I was waiting for before I started partying, Gonz. Because he doesn't do what he should do, if he's really VT. Or vig, for that matter.

Vote: Implosion

If you Thad/Gonz/DJ guys are set on another vote, I'll make a 4th if I have to, preferably on myself over Volk, just to. Because...
Gonzoooo wrote: PO might make a good lynch today too. She's starting to sound like uneasy scum more than happy-we're-gonna-slam-dunk-the-game-town.

I already stated the reasons I don't like vollkan yesterday.

Why implosion over vollkan?
Because I found him scummier throughout the thread on my reread than volk? (And this post of his does not help?). Because I was actually able to write sort of a case against him? Because Volk I'm less sure on than him?

And because on the slim chance that the-person-who-is-obviously-the-vig-of-you-two isn't actually the vig, lynch order matters. More specifically, the person who's left free running around tonight matters. If you DJ and yourself are the other town, it doesn't matter what order we lynch/block/kill implosion, volk, and myself, right? The mafia Role Cop might find out another role, but it won't matter, because game over tomorrow - Gonz's plan is smackdown solid. And I'll celebrate with the town whether I'm alive or dead. BAM!

But if you're not, we need the real vig running around tonight. And I think volk is the more likely of the remaining two to be him.

If you'd prefer to lynch me today of JKing me, I'm pretty fine with that. I've made it clear I'm not the vig, and I'm the most expendable person in either scenario because of that. Would prefer an implosion lynch to me, of course, because it's mildly nicer to be alive and all. But whether I'm lynched or jailed doesn't matter at this point. And if you have to leave one guy free, leave Vollkan.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:41 am

Post by don_johnson »

gonzo: a clear shot for the vig is better. if volkan flips town, then two scum are left. vig needs to hit one. better vig has three choices than two imo. but thats up to thad. what i wouldn't want to happen is thad and vig targeting same person giving scum the win. but this is all moot. volkan is obvscum. lets get our votes and explanations.

unvote

voting block is thad, dj, gonzo. lets hear from the peanut gallery and then we'll make our move.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Gonzoooo »

dj wrote:gonzo: a clear shot for the vig is better. if volkan flips town, then two scum are left. vig needs to hit one. better vig has three choices than two imo. but thats up to thad.
Right, now that I think about it, the jailing might be inconsequential tonight anyhow. As long as you shoot one of the scum, we're good. My plan would actually fail to stop the scum kill anyhow, so Thad doesn't need to jail if we mislynch today.

*eats peanuts*
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by implosion »

VOTE: Purple Orange

Mostly because the scummiest thing about vollkan is his lack of contribution yesterday, and it's consistent with his meta. PO's last post doesn't make any sense, particularly the first line he wrote (criticizing me for... something). Also, saying he'd rather be lynched than vollkan is really strange and something town has no reason to say. Also, if any of you call this OMGUS,
I will rip your heart out and feed it to you
I will be irritated.
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Gonzoooo »

implosion wrote:the scummiest thing about vollkan is his lack of contribution yesterday, and it's consistent with his meta.
lol wut?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by implosion »

How he voted Smash and then did fairly little scumhunting the rest of the day.

Return to “Completed Open Games”