Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by Gonzoooo »

I was laughing about the meta part mostly. But anyhow. Just waiting for vollkan now.

Vote Count

implosion (1) - Purple Orange
Purple Orange (1) - implosion
No Lynch (1) - vollkan

Not Voting (3) - ThAdmiral, Gonzoooo, don_johnson

With 6 alive it is 4 to lynch. The deadline is set for the end of December 29th, PST.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:16 am

Post by don_johnson »

vote: volkan

voting block is a go. volkan has posted elsewhere on site. his avoidance here increases the likelihood he is scum. neither PO or impolosion has stated they will hammer, so there should be no harm in bringing him to L-1.

imp and PO: do not hammer. we will place volkan at L-1 and give him 24 hours from then to post.

thad: in case of a town flip i think its better off if you don't jail anyone. scum flip and you jail PO. make sense?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Gonzoooo
Gonzoooo
Townie
Gonzoooo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:32 am

Post by Gonzoooo »

Vote: volkan

What we have here is a failure to communicate.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:40 am

Post by don_johnson »

PO: just to be clear. i am the vig. i think you and gonzo are our vanillas. only chance scum has to still win this game is if volkan is town. which it doesn't look like. in other words, if you are town, start doing what we tell you to do and everything will work out fine.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:55 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

I am down with the plan.

Don't ask me to provide self meta
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by don_johnson »

alright. one of you pansies hammer this sucka by tomorrow. townvolkan would already be in here with a case. implosion, if you're town, know that your death will not be in vain...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by implosion »

Unvote, vote: vollkan
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by Purple Orange »

don_johnson wrote:PO: just to be clear. i am the vig. i think you and gonzo are our vanillas. only chance scum has to still win this game is if volkan is town. which it doesn't look like. in other words, if you are town, start doing what we tell you to do and everything will work out fine.
Um, yes, it was perfectly clear that of either you and Gonzo, you had to be the vig. Which was why I was scratching my head at you guys' posts. :?

What I still don't understand is why, if Gonzo and I are the vanillas, and imp and volk are the scum, the lynch of vollkan over implosion today makes a whit of difference. But definitely agree that his avoidance increased the likelihood of him being scum, so it's all good.
don_johnson wrote:

voting block is a go. volkan has posted elsewhere on site. his avoidance here increases the likelihood he is scum. neither PO or impolosion has stated they will hammer, so there should be no harm in bringing him to L-1.

imp and PO: do not hammer. we will place volkan at L-1 and give him 24 hours from then to post.

thad: in case of a town flip i think its better off if you don't jail anyone. scum flip and you jail PO. make sense?
Jailing doesn't prevent the mafia from using their factional kill though, right? I think Gonz mentioned something like that earlier. (And even if it did, the mafia could simply refrain from killing and frame the person jailed). So all you'd be doing by jailing me is preventing the mafia from killing me, which is fine and all, but not seeing what else it does, exactly.
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by Purple Orange »

Gonzoooo wrote:
dj wrote:gonzo: a clear shot for the vig is better. if volkan flips town, then two scum are left. vig needs to hit one. better vig has three choices than two imo. but thats up to thad.
Right, now that I think about it, the jailing might be inconsequential tonight anyhow. As long as you shoot one of the scum, we're good. My plan would actually fail to stop the scum kill anyhow, so Thad doesn't need to jail if we mislynch today.

*eats peanuts*
Ah, nevermind - misinterpreted...Gonz was talking about a 2-scum-on-the-loose scenario. So as long as factional kill is stopped by jailing, JK away.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Final Vote Count

vollkan (4) - don_johnson, Gonzoooo, ThAdmiral, implosion
implosion (1) - Purple Orange
No Lynch (1) - vollkan

Not Voting (0)

With 6 alive it is 4 to lynch. The deadline is set for the end of December 29th, PST.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

vollkan,
Mafia Goon
, was lynched Day 3.

It is now Night 3. All roles with night actions should send me them by the end of December 21st, PST.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Also, Jailkeeping can block the Mafia kill.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:01 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

don_johnson,
Vigilante
, was killed Night 3.

implosion,
Mafia Role Cop
, was killed Night 3.

The Town, consisting of:
don_johnson (Vigilante), Zhero (Role Cop), ThAdmiral (Jailkeeper), Purple Orange, Gonzoooo, saporovirus, lewarcher82, mykonian, and werewolf555 (Vanilla Townies), win!!
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Night Actions

Night 1
implosion kills Zhero.
Zhero investigates saporovirus.
don_johnson kills saporovirus.
smashbro_of_the_SSS jails chesskid3 (a.k.a. vollkan's slot).

Night 2
vollkan kills lewarcher82.
implosion investigates Purple Orange.
don_johnson kills mykonian.
ThAdmiral jails Gonzoooo.

Night 3
implosion kills don_johnson
don_johnson kills implosion
ThAdmiral jails Purple Orange
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:16 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

So, why did I wait the full 3 days for Night 3? Well, I actually had all the night actions in rather quickly. BUT in the incredibly unlikely event that someone changed their mind, that would affect the result so I had to give don_johnson or ThAdmiral the chance to do so. I hoped that the long night built up tension rather than just making everyone annoyed with me.

Mafia started off well with the offing of Zhero but average to mediocre play from the Mafia plus a strong Town (looking at don_johnson and Gonzoooo in particular, here) resulted in smashbro_of_the_SSS getting lynched and then the setup was pretty much broken from there.

Looking on it now, this setup is pretty swingy. For every power role one side loses, the other one actually gains one. Admittedly this is rather obvious, but it really came into play with the death of the Mafia Jailkeeper. I guess you could argue that it was partly the inability for the Mafia to use their gained Role Cop ability to counter that that doomed them.

Mafia can reveal their QT at their leisure, if for some reason they don't want to then I'll let that be.

Finally, thanks to everyone who didn't replace out for playing! Hope you had fun.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Interesting to note, this game could have swung in a very different direction if don_johnson had been forced to claim.
Last edited by Alduskkel on Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

LoL yeah, but he did not :-) my comments on vig being wrong shooting saporo were meant to be a double-wifom... I hoped scum would think I was the vig pretending I wasn't... I felt REALLY stupid when someone who could be the real vig took the criticism rather personally and started to argue LoL

anyway: awesome play Gonzooo/VP!
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:02 am

Post by VP Baltar »

alduskkl wrote:Looking on it now, this setup is pretty swingy. For every power role one side loses, the other one actually gains one. Admittedly this is rather obvious, but it really came into play with the death of the Mafia Jailkeeper. I guess you could argue that it was partly the inability for the Mafia to use their gained Role Cop ability to counter that that doomed them.
I agree with this completely. It was quite funny how the town fortunes swung from terrible to dominating because of the mafia JK.

Despite long battles with dj, I think I played fairly well this game. I really did not get how everyone was seeing PO as scummy! (even PO herself). I think there was pretty strong town play overall from most people (ThAd, lew, PO, dj, etc.) and that put the scum in a tough spot in addition to the PRs swinging away from their favor. It's kind of an interesting concept for a setup and it lived up to the name tit for tat. In hindsight, I should have played along with dj calling me the vig, but it probably would have been revealed we were lying due to ThAd's jailkeep anyhow.

Big thanks to the mod for having a smoothly run game (even if you made us wait ages for the victory!) I'd definitely play with you again. Thanks to mykonian for replacing in and dying so quickly so I didn't have to argue with you that last day :P GG everyone.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:14 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Hmmm looking at the night actions I don't know if the Mafia would have benefited much from investigating a PR on the one night where their role cop ability mattered (Night 2), given that right after (Day 3) a mass claim ensued.

One thing I've noticed about Jailkeepers is that they are crazy powerful if only one scum is left. It's kind of like they gain cop abilities if the Mafia continue to night kill.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:55 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

This setup could perhaps be modified for a larger number of players. A large open Tit for Tat with more PRs and more deputies could be interesting, imo... one could for instance add 2 or 3 VTs, 1 goon, 1 mafia doctor and 1 town nurse...
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:10 am

Post by Purple Orange »

lewarcher82 wrote:LoL yeah, but he did not :-) my comments on vig being wrong shooting saporo were meant to be a double-wifom... I hoped scum would think I was the vig pretending I wasn't... I felt REALLY stupid when someone who could be the real vig took the criticism rather personally and started to argue Lol
LOL, "lew is the vig pretending he isn't" was my first impression of that conversation. ;)
VP Baltar wrote:In hindsight, I should have played along with dj calling me the vig, but it probably would have been revealed we were lying due to ThAd's jailkeep anyhow.
Unless Thad had played along, it would have been absolutely worthless. His first post looked like he was telling the truth about who he'd jailed (which was why I seriously didn't understand the point of what DJ was doing), and when he said "I don't see how all this who's the vig stuff is helping the village," it was about 100% obvious he hadn't lied.

And thanks for backing me as town, man, even when I was going crazy on you. Also, I think my gut reads were 0 for 4 this game...hence why I say I really don't like them. :(
don_johnson wrote:prove me wrong. i've never been lynched correctly on a meta case.
I was still so horrifically swingy about you right down to the wire it wasn't even funny, but meta-ing you to death was what prevented me from simply agreeing with Gonzoooo's (and my gut's) take on you. So maybe now you can at least say you've been
saved
from an incorrect lynch (or a mafia nightkill due to a forced vig claim) by a meta case. :wink:
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:44 am

Post by don_johnson »

usually i support early vig claims, and even considered it in this one. but as the game went along i realized that would most likely sink us, so i did everything i could to avoid it. pretty happy with the outcome here. i wouldn't say the set up is "broken" per se, mafia could have tried harder to avoid the smash lynch. i think volkan could have swung things my way, but i think he was a little afraid of rocking the boat. tough game for scum, but it was nice how we pulled together at the end. gg gonzo, i was ready to hand the game to you if you were scum, but even if you were, i don't think you could have won. the plan was foolproof and i was happy to leave thad at the helm once he was confirmed.

PO: your utter confusion was what gave me a town read on you. :)
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Purple Orange
Purple Orange
Goon
Purple Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Purple Orange »

don_johnson wrote:usually i support early vig claims, and even considered it in this one. but as the game went along i realized that would most likely sink us, so i did everything i could to avoid it. pretty happy with the outcome here. i wouldn't say the set up is "broken" per se, mafia could have tried harder to avoid the smash lynch. i think volkan could have swung things my way, but i think he was a little afraid of rocking the boat. tough game for scum, but it was nice how we pulled together at the end.
Yup...I was seriously surprised they ended up having their JK get lynched. And really impressive job holding out on the vig claim.
don_johnson wrote: gg gonzo, i was ready to hand the game to you if you were scum, but even if you were, i don't think you could have won. the plan was foolproof and i was happy to leave thad at the helm once he was confirmed.

PO: your utter confusion was what gave me a town read on you.
Yeah...an implosion flip as town, and me being jailed that night, AND a mafia kill going through would have singled out Gonz as the last scum. So thankfully I wouldn't have had to convince Thad of the fact. (And as Thad knew that Gonz couldn't be the vig, no-killing as mafia would only have delayed the inevitable).

If factional kills weren't blocked by the JK, though, things would have been a
lot
dicier on Day 4. :(
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Also, it should be known that Debonair Danny DePeitro hydra'd with me this game. I did almost all of the posting, but we both read the thread and commented in our QT. The final night plan I posted was his, so he deserves the credit for that one.

When I accidentally posted with my main, I decided to just roll with it because talking about hydraing at that point would have been an unnecessary distraction.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:52 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

mod: any chance we can read the mafia qt? I always love to see it, helps me improving my play

Return to “Completed Open Games”