Consulmaker II: the Pyrrhic War - Game over.

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:52 pm

Post by SensFan »

Are you actually saying you think there's a flip that would give even a fraction of the information a Jack flip would? Did you not read his long post that is a goldmine of information if we have the information he is Town? More importantly, we are going to have to lynch Jack at some point. Why in the name of Bahamut would we want to use a D3 or later lynch on someone we agree on D2 needs to be lynched?

You're in the most powerful Town position in the game. It's more than time that you start using your head and thinking. If you weren't prepared for a Jack lynch yet, you should at least have gotten one of our Consuls to do it; now we can't lynch Jack at all today.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:32 am

Post by Parama »

Can we execute ribwich? Pleeeeease?
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:02 am

Post by dramonic »

. . .
Who the hell made you a tribune? =_=

Consolation Prize:
Execute: Reckoner
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:03 am

Post by dramonic »

Parama wrote:Can we execute ribwich? Pleeeeease?
we cant, actually.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:02 am

Post by scotmany12 »

.....I want to apologize to everyone in this game for voting for ribwich as a tribune.

Ribwich...i hate you. Who do you think is more likely scum than Jack? I would like an answer in your next post.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:35 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

dramonic wrote:. . .
Who the hell made you a tribune? =_=

Consolation Prize:
Execute: Reckoner
OH HEY LOOK
dram finally put his money where his mouth is.
green shirt thursdays
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:50 am

Post by dramonic »

HEY LOOK
Jack CANNOT be execute anymore.
I'm a hoot
Nathanael
Nathanael
Goon
Nathanael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:52 am

Post by Nathanael »

Parama wrote:Can we execute ribwich? Pleeeeease?
omg.
don't you see ribwich is CONFIRMED TOWN?
you are definitely totally, awfully wrong in this game. on everything.
and since I know your townplay is better than this, you are scum.

can we please execute Parama?

ribwich wrote:I'm probably going to get some flak for this, and I'm surprised myself that I'm actually doing this...

VETO JACK EXECUTION

I'm not saying I for sure think he's town. There's a chance that this has all been a big scum gambit, but I can now really see the pro-town reasons for what he did. There's better execution choices for today.
finally someone who uses his head here.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:57 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

dramonic wrote:HEY LOOK
inb4theveto

Seriously, Dom, you're fucking delusional if you think I'm mafia
green shirt thursdays
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:58 am

Post by dramonic »

fucking delusional but somehow correct in my assumption
I'm a hoot
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:56 am

Post by Primate »

Jacks explanation was lacking. I don't see the advantage of taking this to last night as opposed to to coming out when the plan to restrict voting targets was revealed, a plan that forced the real consul to potentially compromise on his consul choices. The jokes thing he's suggesting was the kind of thing that I wanted from him, but the fact that I didn't notice it as that either means I suck or they were misjudged.
Inhim wrote:Solution: We execute him. If he's town, we give the comment some gravity. If he's scum, we ignore it completely.
FOS

Para's case case against nath is a little weak, tbh, maybe I'm not following it right. Ribwiches move is a very interesting one and an understandable one, I don't really mind it, though I wouldn't have done it myself.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:37 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm seriously not amused.

If there are better choices than jack WHO ARE THEY?

Kat still? Or how about this gem:
omg.
don't you see ribwich is CONFIRMED TOWN?
you are definitely totally, awfully wrong in this game. on everything.
and since I know your townplay is better than this, you are scum.
Parama is town too btw.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Porochaz »

xRECKONERx wrote:
dramonic wrote:HEY LOOK
inb4theveto

Seriously, Dom, you're fucking delusional if you think I'm mafia
So you think he's town now? That seems different from your opinion from the rest of the game.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Parama »

It's because Reck is scum.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:13 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

No, see, there's this sort of meta-meta with me and dram. If one of us is scum, we NEVER try to mislynch the other one. Which makes me think he's either breaking that meta right now in this game for some odd reason, or he honestly 100% believes I'm scum. Which would make him town.
green shirt thursdays
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by Feysal »

Wow. That was the second time I have been taken by surprise this game. On the first day, though I defended Katsuki, I did not expect her to survive the day. She needed to be replaced, and I did not think anyone would want her slot, and since there was no obviously better case I thought she would die.

Having ribwich of all people veto Jack's execution is even more unexpected. I will be interested in Jack's response, and in ribwich's case. For the record, I could almost believe Jack's explanation in #686, but I think it was too late. If he had posted that at the end of yesterday or first thing today, it might have worked for me. I once made a controversial move too, to provoke reactions and get some discussion going. I faked a post restriction (real bad one too, I wrote in iambic verse), but I explained my ruse halfway through the first day. In Jack's case here, it should have been clear to him that he would be tested, and I can't see why he would wait so long before posting his explanation.

Looks like I'll have to ISO read both dramonic and reckoner next. On my first read, I had a slight town feel from dramonic and mostly neutral on reckoner.
ribwich #696 wrote:Feysal: Knowing that Katsuki was obviously lying about not having enough time for this, (she signed up for other large games afterwards) do you still think this is all a big null tell for her?
To give a simple answer, yes.

I had to do some research to arrive at that answer. Katsuki says in her signature that she has finals over two weeks. It has said so for a while so I'm uncertain which time period is meant, but looking at her posts it seems she has posted three times as much after she replaced out of this game than during the equal period of time before. This would be consistent with her having finals, and now having more time when they are over. Also, apart from this game I know Katsuki died recently in two other large theme games, where she was part of a hydra. Given that, I don't find it that suspicious that she would seek new games.

Oh, and

CETERUM CENSEO JACKUM ESSE...
well, you get the idea, and the joke is getting old. He is not dying today anyway.

(I checked my grammar. I had not considered proper nouns having different forms, and I suppose I should treat Jack as part of the second declension of nouns, like Iacobus, with the accusative singular ending -um.)
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

xRECKONERx wrote:No, see, there's this sort of meta-meta with me and dram. If one of us is scum, we NEVER try to mislynch the other one. Which makes me think he's either breaking that meta right now in this game for some odd reason, or he honestly 100% believes I'm scum. Which would make him town.
Self-metas suck. It wouldn't really surprise me if both reck and dram are scum.

I hate nathaneal's last post. Parama's post about executing ribwich was clearly a joke (a frustrated joke). And really, his whole case against parama does scream omgus to me.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Faking a post restriction is not remotely a big deal. See Zorblag.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by Feysal »

This was on another site, where post restrictions often meant town power roles, so it was not meaningless. That stunt got me some suspicion that lasted to the end of the game, but never enough to get me lynched. Here, it could be different, I have not yet encountered a post restriction on mafiascum.net.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Porochaz »

It also has no bearing on alignment either.

However the main point of my double post is that I agree with scot about nathaneal and a lot of his latest posts seem like OMGUS. (He called it) But I cant seem to remember a post of his Ive liked. The thing with dismissing posts as OMGUS, is that it has to be OMGUS if there is a reason, or in this case, a lack of one. Which you haven't, you weakly defended yourself against Parama's attack and 732 is one of those horrible "your scum cause I said so, no content" posts and as definitely totally awful these posts are, yours scrapes the bottom of the barrel particularly for that definitely totally awful emphasis.

Also ribwich buddying isnt going to get you many places.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Feysal wrote:This was on another site, where post restrictions often meant town power roles, so it was not meaningless. That stunt got me some suspicion that lasted to the end of the game, but never enough to get me lynched. Here, it could be different, I have not yet encountered a post restriction on mafiascum.net.
That sounds fairly bad purely from a "oh well, he's a power role, lets lynch him! Point of view". We have a few Post Restriction mafia's which are quite fun to read, however whilst some mods use a small amount in games, actual PR's are few and far between.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

So nobody's gonna veto this, huh?

Okay, then do me a favor: don't make dramonic a consul tomorrow, and execute him. You can all thank me for not believing me post-game.
green shirt thursdays
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:49 pm

Post by Jack »

SensFan wrote:Are you actually saying you think there's a flip that would give even a fraction of the information a Jack flip would? Did you not read his long post that is a goldmine of information if we have the information he is Town? More importantly, we are going to have to lynch Jack at some point. Why in the name of Bahamut would we want to use a D3 or later lynch on someone we agree on D2 needs to be lynched?
Even with a jack-townflip you have to use your judgement about what reactions were scummy. And you can use your judgement now and lynch those people.
Primate wrote:Jacks explanation was lacking. I don't see the advantage of taking this to last night as opposed to to coming out when the plan to restrict voting targets was revealed, a plan that forced the real consul to potentially compromise on his consul choices. The jokes thing he's suggesting was the kind of thing that I wanted from him, but the fact that I didn't notice it as that either means I suck or they were misjudged.
Feysal wrote:Having ribwich of all people veto Jack's execution is even more unexpected. I will be interested in Jack's response, and in ribwich's case. For the record, I could almost believe Jack's explanation in #686, but I think it was too late. If he had posted that at the end of yesterday or first thing today, it might have worked for me. I once made a controversial move too, to provoke reactions and get some discussion going. I faked a post restriction (real bad one too, I wrote in iambic verse), but I explained my ruse halfway through the first day. In Jack's case here, it should have been clear to him that he would be tested, and I can't see why he would wait so long before posting his explanation.
It's better to drag it out. And primate there were good people on rib's list. What did you mean by "this is glorious" earlier?

Faking post restrictions is ok but doesn't start all that much in my experience.
SpyreX wrote:I'm seriously not amused.

If there are better choices than jack WHO ARE THEY?
How many scum do you think are in this game and how many do you plan on catching?

scotmany, xreck, and lowell are scum. Agree/disagree.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:02 pm

Post by SpyreX »

How many scum do you think are in this game and how many do you plan on catching?

scotmany, xreck, and lowell are scum. Agree/disagree.
Ohh sure.

21 players with a single death PROBABLY a unified team of 5-6. IF we see more than one death 2 teams of 3.

All three of them? Too easy. However, considering you're probably scum I'd say pretty confidently one in there. Maaybe two.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:29 am

Post by Parama »

yes yes no thanks in advance
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”