Open 268: Raise the White Flag (Game Over)

Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:22 pm

Post by Chaotic Neutrality »

I'm posting to show I'm alive and still reading on, despite not having much to say. I know not what to do about the activity level. I haven't been posting due to lack of anything to go by, and I imagine others are having the same issue.

So it's time to pull out the big guns.

Unvote; Vote: Stefunny
for absolutely no reason

@everyone: Who's your
2nd
scumpick and why?

@shotty:
Nevermind :wink:

@SB: I want your thoughts on Cookie and andrew. If you have strong feelings towards their alignment, be prepared to defend your viewpoints.

@CN: Why are you asking yourself questions, you scum ridden bag of barf? Don't you have better things to be doing?

@bvoigt: Pick out two people, one whom you believe to be scum, and one whom you believe to be town. Play the devils advocate (defend who you think is scum and attack who you think is town).

@Cookie: Present a neutral case for SB and bvoigt (not arguing scum or town, just stating facts and maybe how scummy each act is).

@andrew: If you were given a day kill right now, would you use it, and if you did, who would you use it on?

@chkflip: Why did you vote shotty?

@rekirtS: (hypothetical) You are now a Doctor. Who do you defend?

Stef's still hasn't come back. It still feels like I'm missing someone....
There is no good or evil. There is only fun and boring.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:00 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 2.03drmyshottyizsik (2) - silverbullet999, chkflip
bvoigt (1) - bvoigt
rekirtS (1) - Cookie_of_Death
silverbullet999 (1) - andrew94
Stefunny (1) - Chaotic Neutrality

Not Voting (3) - drmyshottyizsik, rekirtS, Stefunny

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Sunday, January 2, 11:59 PM EST (UTC-5).

Notes

andrew94 is V/LA December 25-29
silverbullet999 has limited access until week of December 26 (approx)

Cookie_of_Death and Stefunny have been prodded.

For the holidays, I am extending the deadline to Sunday, January 2, 2011. The countdown above reflects this change.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by andrew94 »

if i had a daykill , i would daykill shotty( but hes getting replaced ).

shotty left us with a pile of wifom. great...

@chaotic, 2nd scumpick? rofl- im still confused about my 1st scumpick
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by Equinox »

Searching for replacements for Cookie_of_Death and drmyshottyizsik...
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by bvoigt »

bvoigt wrote:It's pretty difficult to scumhunt with this low amount of activity. Let's start some discussion!

UNVOTE: rekirtS
VOTE: bvoigt
Well, none of the scum were gullible enough to try to paint this as a scumtell. Silverbullet's response just seems confused, not scummy, so I don't necessarily agree with Andrew's #166. However, I can see what he was thinking when he wrote it, so that gets some town points.

UNVOTE: bvoigt
VOTE: Cookie_of_Death

I will answer CN's questions and explain this vote tomorrow, hopefully.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

-This is what shotty said
I honestly play way better as scum, and i like it more. You can look at my record
I am refuting this now, as in a game that is still active, thus I can't really get into it, shotty was a scummy pr (well werewolf), and was lynched Day 1.

-Chaotic
@SB: I want your thoughts on Cookie and andrew. If you have strong feelings towards their alignment, be prepared to defend your viewpoints.
Cookie -neutral
andrew - VI
neither are super super strong... not sure what there is to defend my feelings toward their alignment
... People were right it seems....
Stefunny
Stefunny
Goon
Stefunny
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by Stefunny »

First of all I'd like to thank everyone for being patient with me. Unfortunately it's been a rough month.

After rereading here are my thoughts.
Shotty getting replaced really makes me think that his slot is not scum.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:I honestly play way better as scum, and i like it more. You can look at my record
I know that real life comes first, but I don't think he would ask for a replacement if he was scum. I've never seen that happen on the other sites I've played on, and if you have more fun as scum why would you ask for a replacement? I honestly feel that Shotty is just playing the way he always plays. I agree with CN at #140 that we can't dismiss what he does AS meta, but I feel like lynching him at this point would be useless. I think the best thing to do at this point is see how his replacement acts before making a decision. If his replacement acts a little scummy then that would point to Shotty's actions being more than just his meta.

I still think the lynch happening on day 4 kind of killed the momentum. I understand there was a supposed "crumb" but my bet is that one of the people who got all excited over the "crumb" is an opportunistic scum. By this reasoning I think besides yabba (who obviously wasn't scum, BV was the strongest push to lynch werewolf. On the flip side rekirts and chkflip both jumped onto the bandwagon very quickly, with their only reasoning being:
rekirtS wrote: But onto the game, this is either really dumb scum play or some crazed gambit. Not sure how you keep denying this.

Unvote, Vote: Werewolf555
and
chkflip wrote:Ah. Hadn't thought about it like that. You're so clever,
Y
yabbadude.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: werewolf555
So which is worse? Pushing for a lynch while still on page 2 or jumping on the bandwagon while giving no reasoning?
I'm going to say the latter.
Chkflip also seems to be interested in other peoples scum reads while not giving any of his own. I also think that
chkflip wrote:Shotty quit, iirc.

VOTE: Drmyshottyizsik
is fishy. Unless I am reading this wrong he is voting Shotty because he's asking for a replacement? Sounds pretty opportunistic to me. I feel like maybe he's worried someone competent will come in and people won't be focusing on Shotty D2 anymore.

All in all I think with the slowness of the thread I can't get a good read on a lot of the other players. Hopefully after the holiday things will pick up.

and rekirtS. I'm a her, not a him. Thanks.
Show
Founding Member of the
U
n
i
c
o
r
n
Brethren

Spoiler: (best spoiler ever)

"Take me to Pleasure Town!" "Look, the most Glorious Rainbow Ever!" "Do me on it!" -

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Ôûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê

ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
ÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûêÔûê
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:19 am

Post by Equinox »

SnakePlissken replaces Cookie_of_Death, and Lindisfarne replaces drmyshottyizsik!
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:47 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Yeehaw people! Happy Christmas and all that. Well, lets have a lookey whats going on here. im going to go back and review why CoD put a vote on rekirtS and then i'll get back to you all.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:54 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 2.04Lindisfarne (2) - silverbullet999, chkflip
rekirtS (1) - SnakePlissken
silverbullet999 (1) - andrew94
SnakePlissken (1) - bvoigt
Stefunny (1) - Chaotic Neutrality

Not Voting (3) - Lindisfarne, rekirtS, Stefunny

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Sunday, January 2, 11:59 PM EST (UTC-5).

Notes

andrew94 is V/LA December 25-29
silverbullet999 has limited access until week of December 26 (approx)
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:00 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Right first off
Unvote
I think I understand Cookie's reasoning, however thats not strong enough for me.

@Bvoight Can you explain your reason for voting me please?

Im yet to reread everyone yet, although I had a look at Shotty and wasn't liking what I was seeing, however as he's been replaced im not prepared to place a vote until we hear from his replacement.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

Hello all,

I'm working up on a post, just doing some rereads in the meantime. By the way, I apologize if I end up spewing walls of text, it's a habit of mine sometimes.
[i][color=red]"He looks like the type of guy who can marathon write no matter his alignment without looking scummy at all." -Xtoxm[/color][/i]
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:00 am

Stefunny wrote:Shotty getting replaced really makes me think that his slot is not scum. I know that real life comes first, but I don't think he would ask for a replacement if he was scum. I've never seen that happen on the other sites I've played on, and if you have more fun as scum why would you ask for a replacement? I honestly feel that Shotty is just playing the way he always plays.
Statistically, getting replaced has nothing to do with alignment. Whether you thought he was scum or town, his leave shouldn't change your opinion on him. Any argument made from that is WIFOM at best.
Stefunny wrote:I think the best thing to do at this point is see how his replacement acts before making a decision. If his replacement acts a little scummy then that would point to Shotty's actions being more than just his meta.
I agree, that is the best course of action. I unvoted him mainly for that reason.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:03 am

Post by chkflip »

No, I voted Shotty because I literally saw him say "I quit mafia". There was no point in keeping him around when he WAS playing, so now? It felt like the necessary fat to be trimmed. I'm giving the thread a re-read and will come back with something substance-worthy.

UNVOTE
for now, though.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:48 am

Chaotic Neutrality wrote:
drmyshottyizsik on Dec 21, 2010 wrote:/in 271
/in 272
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:54 am

Post by chkflip »

All that means is the replacement was completely unnecessary and was because someone hurt his feelings or something. Check that same thread, some posts back. He said he quit mafia.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:fine i just quit mafia. You guys more than likely wont hear from me again. I will stay /in to mod, but once thats done I will most likely leave this site.
Still constructing the aforementioned substance.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by bvoigt »

bvoigt wrote:VOTE: Cookie_of_Death

I will answer CN's questions and explain this vote tomorrow, hopefully.
In Cookie's ISO #7, he votes Andrew for trying to discourage the wagon. Now, if he agrees with the wagon, why wouldn't he be voting Werewolf? Perhaps he wanted to avoid suspicion later by being off of the mislynch wagon. Then, in the very next post, he votes Shotty for being willing to end the day, even though he finds Werewolf scummy. On D2, in ISO #13, he changes his mind and defends Shotty for hammering.
Cookie_of_Death wrote:The fact that you would even consider hammering on page 4 is scummy to me regardless of everything else.
Cookie_of_Death wrote:I doubt we would see such a reckless hammer from scum.
I think someone mentioned this already, but these two quotes are the most blatant contradiction.
Chaotic Neutrality wrote:@everyone: Who's your 2nd scumpick and why?
rekirtS, because of his bandwagoning, "go-with-the flow" vote for Werewolf on D1.
Chaotic Neutrality wrote:@bvoigt: Pick out two people, one whom you believe to be scum, and one whom you believe to be town. Play the devils advocate (defend who you think is scum and attack who you think is town).
I believe SnakePlissken (COD's replacement) is scum, but I did agree with COD's suspicions of rekirtS. And I think you (Chaotic Neutrality) are town. However, you voted for yabbaguy in ISO #2, so why did you switch to Werewolf after one of your main suspects pointed out why he was scummy?
rekirtS wrote:Cookie_of_Death: leaning townie, but makes me paranoid at the same time.
Could you please explain this more in-depth?
rekirtS
rekirtS
Townie
rekirtS
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by rekirtS »

andrew94 wrote:if i had a daykill , i would daykill shotty( but hes getting replaced ).
You'd daykill shotty (even though you dont have to use it) but your vote is on silverbullet. explain...
Chaotic Neutrality wrote:@everyone: Who's your
2nd
scumpick and why?

@rekirtS: (hypothetical) You are now a Doctor. Who do you defend?
My 2nd scumpick would be chkflip because of the easy switch on day one, first stayed off the train but then got on after yabba.

If I were doctor I'd protect you or bvoigt.
chkflip wrote:No, I voted Shotty because I literally saw him say "I quit mafia". There was no point in keeping him around when he WAS playing, so now? It felt like the necessary fat to be trimmed. I'm giving the thread a re-read and will come back with something substance-worthy.

UNVOTE
for now, though.
You were going to vote him regardless of whether you thought he was scummy or not? Just to trim fat?
bvoigt wrote:Could you please explain this more in-depth?
Sure. I think hes town but defending shotty for him and pressuring me to vote doesn't side well with me.
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Lindisfarne »

This game is pretty disjointed. It's really not easy to get a consistent read, however, I am going to catalogue some of the finer points and my Most Wanted list:

For starters:
CN wrote:Statistically, getting replaced has nothing to do with alignment. Whether you thought he was scum or town, his leave shouldn't change your opinion on him. Any argument made from that is WIFOM at best.
This is fairly true. There are situations it could be a tell (If someone only replaces when they are scum, or only when they are town; and do it fairly often) that type of meta could be useful, but even then it is not good evidence either way. I generally try to take replacing out as Alignment Neutral.
chkflip wrote:No, I voted Shotty because I literally saw him say "I quit mafia". There was no point in keeping him around when he WAS playing, so now? It felt like the necessary fat to be trimmed.
Just to verify, your reason for voting shotty was because there was no point in keeping him around and he said he quit?

This is erroneous. If you don't think someone is scummy, and you are town, don't vote for them. Think of it this way: I believe player A is a complete idiot. However, through his idiocy, his play is far to obvious and noticeable to be scum, so I'm fairly positive he is a townie. Now, we are all playing a game here, scum wins by obtaining a majority, and town wins by eliminating scum before their majority is lost. There is EVERY reason for me to keep Player A around because it helps town maintain their majority (bear in mind, you said your reason for voting was because there was "no point" in keeping him around). He is a number, a statistic. If I believe him to be town, then in my mind, he is increasing our win chances just by being in the game.

Contrariwise, If I pushed for a vote on him, and he died as town: the end result only helps scum. Town lost another member, their probability of winning decreases. It is anti town to vote someone just because there is no point keeping them around.

In regards to the other point: If someone quits, it is natural for them to be replaced. So you voted him because he didn't really help town...and was going to eventually get replaced? Screwy logic, m8.
CN wrote:
Cookie_of_Death wrote:I doubt we would see such a reckless hammer from scum.
Are you really trying to argue he's TOWN because he hammered so ridiculously? I think that's the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard to keep VI scum
in
the game. "He's so scummy he MUST be town!"
rekirtS wrote:
Cookie_of_Death wrote:1st off: lol at the fact that almost no one said anything about shotty's threat
yesterday

Now, as for the shotty, I'm kind of thinking now that he's town. I doubt we would see such a reckless hammer from scum.
Wifom.
Alright folks, there is something incredibly important that needs taught here. That would be
Probability
.The WHOLE game of Mafia is BASED on WIFOM, to some extent. the general mindset, "what would scum do in the situation?" a question we ask constantly constantly throughout the game as townies. We judge based on WIFOM (well, scum does this, or scum does that) and keep a keen eye on inconsistencies in stories and behavior. To just chalk something off as WIFOM without thinking of PROBABILITY is wrong.

Scum, in the majority of the time, try to be low key. You rarely see someone jump out and yell "HI IM SCUM, KILL ME!". Scum want to win, and to do that they need to stay in the game. Shotty's actions were blatant. He gave no extreme reasons behind his actions, and although his actions DID hurt town (being anti-town in hammering a townie), it was not a
scummy
action per se, since its something most scum wouldn't do, especially in the capacity that he pulled it off in.

A
scummy
action is thus: knowing that a townie is going to get lynched, and then backing off the wagon - figuring the townie will get lynched regardless of your vote. The townie will die regardless, and attention is generally shifted from you, to the people who were still riding the wagon. This is scummy.

Point being: Don't just write off something as WIFOM. Something may be WIFOM, but have a high probability of being scummy, anti town, or a town move.
[i][color=red]"He looks like the type of guy who can marathon write no matter his alignment without looking scummy at all." -Xtoxm[/color][/i]
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by Lindisfarne »

On to the meat and potatoes:

Yabba's Death
: This move made little sense. Scum naturally make the kill choice that best benefits them. How did they benefit from Yabba? He was and experienced player, sure...but generally, when a townie is lynched, the next day phase has the folks on the lynch squad as the prime suspects. Killing off Yabba narrowed that list down, and seemed like a tactically noobish move from the scum. That said, I believe it can help us:

The most prospective scum
: currently, 3 scum and 6 townies. That is what we are down to. Stefunny was solid in the logic to look at the lynchers. Let's narrow our field of suspects.

Shotty
Yabba
CN
Striker
Bvolgt
Chkflip

That makes 6. Yabba is dead, the scum actually helped us narrow down that one, and naturally I'm taking my name off the list (although I encourage you to make your own list and narrow from the following as you see fit. I will naturally say I am town, but that doesn't disprove I could be scum. Be a free thinker). CN has raised my eyebrows more than a few times this game, but overall he seems to be an intelligent player, and a worthy addition to the game. For the time being, simply for his usefulness in contributions and sparking conversations, I am going to tentatively annul him from the list. This leaves:

(CN*)
Striker
Bvolgt
Chkflip

I am betting ONE of these, at least, are scum. Now we can analyze deeper and see if we can find the one with the highest current likelihood of scumminess.

Striker
-
-A Newer player
-After wolf starts getting votes he jumps in, votes, and says he is either stupid scum, or it's a gambit (what kind of gambit would work from that, btw?). Completely ignores the chance that he is town that chose an unfortunate set of words.
-Read posts 64 and 65. Silver realizes this whole deal is kind of a stretch, and says so. Striker
FOS
silver....for saying it's a bit of a stretch? WTF?
striker wrote:I agree with Cookie about andrew. if werewolf flips scum we pressure andrew and imo silverbullet tomorrow.
This is jumping the gun, first of all. Second...scum would know wolf was town, so this would be a moot point. This actually earns a small Townie Point, since this would be utterly pointless to say if Striker was scum (knowing wolf would flip town).

-After the hammer drops, Striker calls out shotty as scummy-scum. Obvious target is obvious.
striker wrote:I didn't vote Shotty cause I wanted to hear from him first. no need to rush another quick lynch.
striker wrote: There was only 1 vote on shotty at the time and there's 6 to lynch. You seriously didn't vote him because you feared a quicklynch?
That speaks for itself.
Striker wrote:Both Cookie and Shotty have good questions to answer from Chaotic Neutral. As Shotty is the person who I think is most suspisious right now, I'm tempted to vote him, but that'd leave him at L-1 and I dont think thats a good idea...
Funny, since CN asked YOU a question to. And you chose not to answer.

-In post 173, he finds Bvoigt and CN town. He finds Chk "Scary" yet doesn't give a real alignment indicator behind it.

Chkflip
-
-Check post 72 to affirm he's really not that down with the wolf lynch.
-Post 76 and 77 are interesting: yabba calls him out for not going along with the wagon ("You're making the game regress, chkflip."] and then he stresses what has essentially already been said. chk thinks this is genius and then votes for wolf. Also, this interests me:
CHK wrote:You're so clever, Yyabbadude.
chkflip wrote:
andrew94 wrote:1) it looked like a crumb to me, but he may or may not be crumbing
2) i dont know whether werewolf intended to put that crumb there
3) there are NO COPS, so why would scum make a cop crumb???????

+
hes reactions look confused so i guess hes not scum.
- I had an opinion considerably similar to yours, but don't now that it's been reiterated. What's with the jumpy accusation? It's not like I'm lying here.
Because yabba's super argument was so convincing, you decided to forgo caution and logic? Sorry, but it really wasn't that convincing. Also this is interesting:
Andrew wrote: have you heard of the term sucking up to the ic person who seems pro(YES YABBA i read some of ur newbie games)
here lies oppourtunism ---> first doing the 'oh shit i dont understand' attitude then 'o yea i understand votes*' attitude so it doesnt look like blatant bandwagoning
This was said in regard to chk's response to Yabba. This is what makes the "your so clever" look interesting. Glad you caught this Andrew.
-After posting nothing of importance/not at all, he votes shotty for...being inactive? (post 167)
-Asks Striker who his top scum reads are in post 171.

Bvolgt
-
bvolgt wrote:Even though he wants more people to post, he tries to stop discussion here:
Cookie_of_Death wrote:Why are you so insistent on this answer? It doesn't seem like it would provide any reliable indications of silver's alignment.
Asking questions does not "stop discussion". That was a funky vote.

-BV brought up the werwolf breadcrumb not voting on it initially, just throwing it out there. And then:
bv wrote:QFT. I thought it was a coincidence at first, but I think a townie would have read his first two posts and seen the accidental breadcrumb, instead of denying that anything happened.
Hm. So you don't vote until you gauge reactions and people already start voting; even though you apply logic to WHY werewolf did it and WHY it was scummy to you. It seems you were trying to see the reaction before voting.
Bv wrote:Out of all the votes, this one feels especially like "Hey, I'll just go along with the popular way of thinking and hope for a quicklynch." My feeling about Shotty's hammer is that he wouldn't have been that blatant.
A vote for Striker here, this is the first time these three start to look at each other. Also, he agrees shotty scum isn't likely, he can't be THAT stupid.

-Chases Striker more in post 132
-Post 159 shows he's finding shotty's actions neutral, and he's digging to find meta on shotty's play (kind of town-esque). He then says CN seems town.
Bvoigt, why does CN come off as town to you?

-Votes himself for some dumb reason.
bv wrote:Well, none of the scum were gullible enough to try to paint this as a scumtell.
What? How is voting yourself a scumtell, and what the hell were you trying to do with that? Makes no sense.

WHAT ALL THIS CRAP MEANS

Striker seems to me to be...playing like a new player. He has done some scummish things, yes. But I see him making the same judgement lapses any new player would. That doesn't mean I view him as town by any means, it just means out of the three main suspects, I'm more willnig to give him the benefit of a doubt.

Bvoight's inital business with wolf is suspect. I dislike how it seemed he threw the cop crumb out there and didn't vote until others did. Also, his vote on himself to catch scum makes...little sense. HOWEVER, he has noticed that shotty's hammer is dumb...but not seemingly a scum play. (This next part you guys can disavow, since it's super-duper subjective) Since I know I am town - hence shotty was town - I could see scum trying to pursue shotty d2. He did not. This is his saving grace in my eyes and puts him in the middleground for scumminess from these three.

Chk is my primary suspect here. He flat out said he doesn't see wolf's alleged breadcrumb as scummy, but when pressured by the experienced dude throwing around some silly logic, he instantly changes. Also, him being scum would actually make some sense out of Yabba's death. He admitted Yabba was clever, and andrew pointed out the appealing to ICs (Normally seen in Newbie games, IC townies normally dont last long against newb scum, who fear their logic and normally NK them relatively quick). This is the only scenario I can see in which Yabba's death BENEFITTED scum (remember, scum try to make the action that will most benefit them), since chk admitted yabba's cleverness, and he did seem quick to switch his point when pressured by yabba. Also, his vote on Shotty was...shoddy (heheh). Voting someone because they are inactive is stupid logic.

So my final list looks like this (In order of most scummiest to least)

1. CHK
2. Bvoigt
3. Striker

That said,
VOTE: CHK
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Lindisfarne »

I had to split my post in two. Apparantly MS doesn't like me trying to cram so many words in one post.
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Lindisfarne »

-In striker's section, in the quote about the quick lynch: that was cookie who said the second quote, not striker. My apologies-
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by bvoigt »

rekirtS wrote:
bvoigt wrote:Could you please explain this more in-depth?
Sure. I think hes town but defending shotty for him and pressuring me to vote doesn't side well with me.
Then why do you think he's town?
Lindisfarne wrote:
Bvolgt
-
bvolgt wrote:Even though he wants more people to post, he tries to stop discussion here:
Cookie_of_Death wrote:Why are you so insistent on this answer? It doesn't seem like it would provide any reliable indications of silver's alignment.
Asking questions does not "stop discussion". That was a funky vote.
He was asking a semi-rhetorical question about...why someone else wanted an answer to a question? It looked to me like trying to discourage discussion.
Lindisfarne wrote:-BV brought up the werwolf breadcrumb not voting on it initially, just throwing it out there. And then:
bv wrote:QFT. I thought it was a coincidence at first, but I think a townie would have read his first two posts and seen the accidental breadcrumb, instead of denying that anything happened.
Hm. So you don't vote until you gauge reactions and people already start voting; even though you apply logic to WHY werewolf did it and WHY it was scummy to you. It seems you were trying to see the reaction before voting.
Well, to be honest, I did think it was a little silly, and I did want to see if others felt it was even worth looking into. Also, werewolf's reaction seemed odd. #53 had a different tone than #54-- in one, he sounded irritated, and in the other, he just sounded confused.
Lindisfarne wrote:
Bv wrote:Out of all the votes, this one feels especially like "Hey, I'll just go along with the popular way of thinking and hope for a quicklynch." My feeling about Shotty's hammer is that he wouldn't have been that blatant.
A vote for Striker here, this is the first time these three start to look at each other. Also, he agrees shotty scum isn't likely, he can't be THAT stupid.

-Chases Striker more in post 132
-Post 159 shows he's finding shotty's actions neutral, and he's digging to find meta on shotty's play (kind of town-esque). He then says CN seems town.
Bvoigt, why does CN come off as town to you?
The post that stands out to me is ISO #9. Pointing out Cookie's contradiction is, in my opinion, one of the best points anyone's made in this game.
Lindisfarne wrote:-Votes himself for some dumb reason.
bv wrote:Well, none of the scum were gullible enough to try to paint this as a scumtell.
What? How is voting yourself a scumtell, and what the hell were you trying to do with that? Makes no sense.
Exactly. If anyone had tried to call me scum for self-voting, I would have been suspicious of them, because it wasn't really indicative of my alignment. In other words, I thought the scum might try to start a wagon on me for it. Plus, I thought something weird needed to happen to spark discussion.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:07 pm

Post by andrew94 »

@restirts, i will day kill shotty becos hes absolutely annoying, my vote is on silver becos i want everyone to vote for him as he is sus (obs if i was at l1 and i had the day kill i would vig him etc)

@ the guy before me i forgot your name sorry -> dont give a free pass to resirtr
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:08 pm

Post by andrew94 »

^sorry i meant lindisfarne.

looking at your huge post, i would say that bvoight is more suspicious, how come chkflip is??

Return to “Completed Open Games”