lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:38 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Mod: two players stated they will be V/LA over Christmas. I ask for an extension of the deadline: I already know that I will be on V/LA on 27 and 28 December.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Zang »

Votecount-

Chronopie - 1 - (Peanutman) (L-6)
CooLDoG - 3 - (AntB, Chronopie, StrangerCoug) (L-4)
AntB - 3 - (lewarcher82, EtherealCookie, ragrhcpfreak) (L-4)
Thestatusquo - 1 - (CooLDoG) (L-6)
StrangerCoug - 1 - (Thestatusquo) (L-6)

Not Voting: ChannelDelibird, Battousai

7 needed to lynch

Deadline will be extended

I've decided to delay prods and replacements until after the holidays.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:49 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Chronopie wrote:/prodded.

I agree with lewarcher on what I'd consider to be flavour. However I think that Cooldog is blowing this all out of proportion. A fklip might just be "Burger King, VT" That hardly gives scum all the knowledge required for a fakeclaim.

I don't see how Ant is scummy.

--

And I'll be
V/LA over christmas
Not surprised.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:30 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

unvote
vote: AntB

Let's get this done.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

You don't see how Ant is scummy? It might be because you don't read this game at all!
If Ant flips scum, Chrono is probably scumbuddy.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:57 am

Post by AntB »

I want to know why InHimShallBe's justification for his vote is, looks like a wagon jump form here...
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:15 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

AntB wrote:I want to know why InHimShallBe's justification for his vote is, looks like a wagon jump form here...
Show

:

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:59 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Hi guys, I just got back from V/LA. I've been travelling for two straight days and am completely shattered (off to bed as soon as I've posted this message everywhere), but I'll be catching up tomorrow.
#greenshirtthursdays
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Battousai »

Finish catching up, but before I begin just letting everyone know I'm trying something new here. This game I've decided to randomly pick two players and auto assume they are town. They are: Lewarcher and raj. Statistically there are 3 scum, therefore calling 2 town regardless of action is safe as there is still scum I can catch and if there are 2 scum, it is very very unlikely I chose both scum. The reason I have done this is that I believe it will improve the chances of me finding scum, by elimininating players they can hide behind. Now, unto the reread (and please read it, as there are a couple of questions in there).

TSQ Claims miller:

EtherealCookie- Response null
SC- Response is informative, caution = scum points for preempting town action and responding for TSQ
Chrono- Response seems to be auto-assuming town = scum points (guilty or null until proven innocent)
TSQ- Explanation is satisfactory, null.
CoolDog- Response is analytical, null

EtherealCookie 47- Links TSQ and SC together (wrong, too early), null
EtherealCookie 49- Throws around defensive then following posts concern TSQ, overstretching case a bit, scum points (note, consistently overzealous?)

SC 60- Defends actions, votes EC = scum points for not saying why EC’s actions are scummy

CoolDog 75 and others- Claiming a fast food joint is 1) unnecessary when scum are given fake claims, and the person already claimed role 2) unnecessary when the player hasn’t been wagonned and 3) unnecessary when there isn’t a call for mass claim then painting TSQ scum for not answering because (“If I was scum…”) = scum points for wanting to appear like scum hunting

SC 89- Agrees with Cooldog =scum points

Chrono 98- Links SC and cool dog (by saying they can’t both be scum. But 1 probably is) with no explanation, later explanation is simply scum wouldn’t do that as they’d get caught easier, null

Cooldog 103- I am the savior of town!!!… blatantly puts out his soft claim (PR but not doc)= scum points

TSQ Defends not name claiming- Reads as town

Peanut 181- Why narrow in on Chrono? I’m guessing because he recently posted. You are voting him for basically lurking and sitting back. What about Snakeplisskin? He’s posted even less than Chrono and the same case can be applied to him = scum points

Cooldog 183- Attacks a defender of TSQ = scum points

Cooldog 193- “Refusing to give info to town is not Pro-town” Are you abdicating we all full claim (role, name, flavor)?

SC 205- Votes Cooldog for wanting flavor from TSQ, even though he earlier agreed with cool dog and even voted TSQ to pressure him into claiming = major scum points!!!

Snake 212- Hey Chrono, still missed snake even after his post saying he will catchup. Unless you are a profit and new he would replace out = scum points
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:10 am

Post by Battousai »

Unvote
Vote: SC

Scummy response to miller claim, post 60, 89, and
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:52 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Battousai makes a good point about SC, which deserves an answer. SC, please, explain what happened between your #89 and your #205.

(note: I do not think 89 deserves scum points; but I do wonder if 205 does...)
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:31 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

lewarcher82 wrote:Battousai makes a good point about SC, which deserves an answer. SC, please, explain what happened between your #89 and your #205.
I just wanted the chain and role from Thestatusquo, which would be the blue from the yanked-from-a-completed-game role PM I put. I interpreted CooLDoG, on the other hand, as pushing for him to claim the flavor I put in purple in the sample as well; therefore, I interpreted CooLDoG as trying to get TSQ to help scum think of what to write when they fakeclaim. They are not likely to both be scum and what chain Thestatusquo is is not important to me at this point if I think he is town.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Battousai »

Oh, you mean like how the sample vanilla town role pm can help scum fake claim as well, or even the fake claim that were given to them by the mod could help them fake claim? You are wrong on that front. Now, is it scummy...

This implies you haven't read the rules (scummy, scum do not read the roles as close as town).

Now, if you didn't know scum received fake claims or there was a vt role posted by the mod... Would a townie of decent skill want Ythan to nameclaim (enough to pressure vote), but be adamant against a flavor claim and vote whoever is pushing it? Maybe, but I think it is still a bit opportunistic (which would imply CoolDog is town and SC is scum).
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Battousai wrote:Oh, you mean like how the sample vanilla town role pm can help scum fake claim as well, or even the fake claim that were given to them by the mod could help them fake claim? You are wrong on that front. Now, is it scummy...
I disagree quite a bit here that it's wrong, but I'm going to agree to disagree.
Battousai wrote:This implies you haven't read the rules (scummy, scum do not read the roles as close as town).
This may be true, but the conclusion is flawed—I generally skim the rules regardless of alignment. The only two things I generally bother checking anymore are the mod color and if "bah" posts are allowed. If it's an unusual game, though, then I may be motivated to look at them more closely, but as far as I am aware, if this game had no theme it would pass as a mini normal.
Battousai wrote:Now, if you didn't know scum received fake claims or there was a vt role posted by the mod... Would a townie of decent skill want Ythan to nameclaim (enough to pressure vote), but be adamant against a flavor claim and vote whoever is pushing it? Maybe, but I think it is still a bit opportunistic (which would imply CoolDog is town and SC is scum).
One, since when was Ythan in this game?

Two, if the scum has a full-fledged fake role PM, then they're going to use that. It's common for scum to be given fakeclaims, but as I do not know to what if any extent they have them I'm mostly arbitrarily assuming my usual mod practice (just a safe nameclaim—scum's on their own with role and flavor). As I previously commented, if scum have no fakeclaims then it's not that hard to come up with a fake since there are tons of fast food places—luck just factors into believability now.

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:52 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Sorry everyone, I'm pretty clearly overstretched on mafia at the moment, coupled with growing apathy for playing and a busy couple of weeks ahead. Particularly sorry to the mod and TSQ for being so quick to volunteer rather than thinking through whether I could fit this in.

Mod: please replace me
#greenshirtthursdays
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:59 am

Post by Zang »

Magua replaces ChannelDelibird
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:07 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

AntB wrote:I want to know why InHimShallBe's justification for his vote is, looks like a wagon jump form here...
I cannot see the pic InHim posted in reply to this, and I would like to see the answer as well. As a matter of fact, I am still convinced of my vote, but I have to say that InHim did play a very cautious game so far...

(...since it is more dangerous starting a bw or hammering a lynch than simply puting a vote in the middle of a wagon, scum are frequently the players who vote in the middle... one must always keep an eye on the players who put someone at L-4 and L-3 in teh first days...)
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:16 am

Post by AntB »

The image is http://www.packmentality.net/forum/Smil ... odpost.gif which makes me more suspicious...
Show

G+
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

These are quick reads I have of everybody.

Chronopie - Run that name by me again?
Battousai replaced Confidanon replaced jasonT1981 - Misguided, but I feel he's town.
lewarcher82 replaced SnakePlissken - Town
Magua replaced Channeldelibird replaced curseddiplomat - Have any of these people posted content? Neutral.
InHimshallibe replaced GhostWriter - Town
CooLDoG - Probably scum, but not with Thestatusquo.
peanutman - Town
AntB - I don't quite understand what the case on him is; could I have a quick summary?
rajrhcpfreak - Run that name by me again?
Thestatusquo - Town
EtherealCookie - Neutral, I haven't seen him lately.

EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

The quick summary of AntB's case is that he is heavily fence-sitting. From the beginning of the game, he has been leaning side to side, saying he's not exactly sure who he's going to vote for yet, but stating that he feels the person is a little scummy and more information could persuade him to vote for the player. He's been making excuses to jump onto any bandwagon that presents itself, but at the same time he says these players are kinda town or that he can't truly understand the wagons on them? It's contradictory.

Question: Why did Battousai not mention ANYTHING about AntB? This is very, very, odd.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

EtherealCookie wrote:The quick summary of AntB's case is that he is heavily fence-sitting. From the beginning of the game, he has been leaning side to side, saying he's not exactly sure who he's going to vote for yet, but stating that he feels the person is a little scummy and more information could persuade him to vote for the player. He's been making excuses to jump onto any bandwagon that presents itself, but at the same time he says these players are kinda town or that he can't truly understand the wagons on them? It's contradictory.
Gotcha.

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Magua »

Hello everyone.

Since I have a personal hatred of people who who post "I'm here, rereading, will post later," I took the initiative to actually read the thread first before posting.

What popped out to me was that I didn't like AntB's fence sitting. Unfortunately, my thunder's been stolen in that regard, so I don't get to make any new or insightful comments about it that hasn't already been hashed out on the last few pages. Still, AntB remains my preferred lynch. His defense isn't doing anything for me, and it seems like he's been coasting.

@AntB:
Who do you think the scum are?

I read CooLDog as VI. We all know rolefishing is scummy. I have a deep seated belief that scum would try to act less scummy.

I read EtherealCookie as town on sheer bulldog nature. Also, Ethereal has been a big pusher of AntB lynch, which I agree with.

Thestatusquo is a null read. Ignoring the miller claim, there's not a lot to go by; a lot of rational posting, which I am a fan of, but aren't in themselves indicative of alignment. Very few stances. It's hard for me to differentiate between cautious and scummy, so I'm setting it aside for now.

Peanutman also seems scum, though that's entirely a gut read at this point -- rereading him, there's nothing I can put my finger on as evidence. Just a tone sort-of-thing.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:25 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

V/LA til 28th; I will make a couple of quick posts tho
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:24 am

Post by AntB »

My scum list at the moment consists of CooLDoG, with minor suspisions on the lurkers and peanutman.
The scum have been given fakeclaims to use and CooLDoG gave his role up too easily for my liking. I'm willing to bet its a fakeclaim. KFC is a big chain, but IMO that makes it more believeable to use as a fakeclaim.
Show

G+
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by Magua »

I don't think its worthwhile trying to play "outguess the mod" on D1. Much like with TSQ's miller claim, I'm putting Cooldog's flavor claim on the side for now, and will revisit it D2. However, Cooldog's has stuck to his guns about his reasons for voting TSQ, in spite of a lot of opposition (and a few votes on him.) This is reinforcing my town read on him.

@TSQ, Chronopie
: What do you think of the two competing wagons right now?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”