Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It's antitown the entire game. Putting off the task of removing it will just make it more difficult :/
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by quadz08 »

You're right, that is simple. That doesn't make it correct. And as I said, if the mod can confirm that he clarified the hot potato role on his own, without questioning from you, I will drop this case. Otherwise, you're the scummiest so far, and my vote will stay.
1. If I was scum, why would I publicly claim that I have a bomb? Couldn't I just keep it silent and quietly pass it to a lurker?
2. If I was scum, why wouldn't I pass the bomb ASAP? I could've passed it in the pre-game, for crying out loud. But I held it until I saw someone ping my scumdar.
1. You have much more to gain by advertising the fact that you have the bomb:
(a) You look more town by revealing that information.
(b) Bombing a lurker / anti-town player yourself also gives more town points.
(c) The sudden death of a lurker would lead to questions of why it happened, and we have no way of knowing what roles could potentially track the bomb. This is somewhat of a stretch, yes, but I know it would cross my mind, and play into my decision.

2. You wouldn't pass the bomb ASAP so you could find a player who you thought the bomb would be successful on. It wouldn't help you to just give up a potential weapon.

I'm also not liking diddin right now. He voted twice in his first two posts, and the second vote was very, very weak. ("unvoting with a revote, ick." was his only explanation.) Consider this an
FoS

PREVIEW EDIT: Basically, I agree with what EC said about diddin.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by The Eruci »

:: VoteCount 1x2 ::

LynchMePls (2) -
Narsis, muh316

RedCoyote (0) -

MagnaOfIllusion (0) -

themanhimself (1) -
chkflip

TheLonging (0) -

WrathChild (1) -
diddin

curiouskarmadog (0) -

Helghast (1) -
RedCoyote

Powerrox93 (0) -

quadz08 (0) -

chkflip (0) -

Nero Cain (0) -

Narsis (0) -

AntB (0) -

q21 (0) -

diddin (2) -
q21, curiouskarmadog

muh316 (1) -
MagnaOfIllusion

popsofctown (1) -
themanhimself

danGR (0) -

I Am Innocent (0) -

UnofficialRulerOfEveryone (1) -
Nero Cain

Parama (3) -
EtherealCookie, quadz08, popsofctown

Implosion (0) -

EtherealCookie (1) -
AntB

Saint (1) -
I Am Innocent

Not Voting (10) -
LynchMePls, TheLonging, Helghast, Powerrox93, implosion, danGR, UnofficialRulerOfEveryone, Parama, Saint, WrathChild

With 25 Alive, it takes 13 to lynch.

All V/LA have been noted. Replacement has been requested from DanGR, searching now.

Mod: if a person is passed an ability on the night that they die, what happens to the ability?
Your ability enters what I call "the void." It may or may not make a reappearance in the game, but no further action is required from you after you submit your pass choice.

Modscene forthcoming....
Last edited by The Eruci on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by The Eruci »

A spark flew. Then another. Soon one of the platforms was covered with them, the all too well known effects of a virus.
muh316
cried out in pain as it traveled through his terminal, slowly destroying his existence. The Judges quickly quarantined him, nothing was allowed to interfere with this experiment.

muh316,
Eruci
, scrambled by a virus Day 1.

muh316
was in possession of the
Virus
and
Watcher
abilities.

Day One Continues.
Last edited by The Eruci on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by muh316 »

BAH!!!!!!!!
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by The Eruci »

A clarification of the Virus ability was sent out to all players who were in possession of the ability due to poor wording of the original ability, of the mod's own volition.

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Thank you, Mod.

UNVOTE:
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Parama »

Now we can stop voting me and start voting someone who's legitimately scummy. Like, y'know
vote: WrathChild

MOD: Can you confirm that the votecount is 100% correct? There's no one voting ckd yet he has a vote on him, and there's one person voting URoE yet he has two votes on him.

I don't doubt that it's accurate - at the very least, I expected there to be a doublevoting power in this game - but I just want to have it mod-confirmed.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by The Eruci »

A few adjustments were needed but it is now accurate (I believe). I'll try and keep a better eye on it.

EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Parama wrote:Now we can stop voting me and start voting someone who's legitimately scummy. Like, y'know
vote: WrathChild

MOD: Can you confirm that the votecount is 100% correct? There's no one voting ckd yet he has a vote on him, and there's one person voting URoE yet he has two votes on him.

I don't doubt that it's accurate - at the very least, I expected there to be a doublevoting power in this game - but I just want to have it mod-confirmed.
Why is he "legitimately scum?" I'm more suspicious of you. You didn't bother to seek a clarification on your abilities, which you should've done if you were town. Instead, you passed it off to somebody, continuously posted short one-liners, and got that person killed. P.S. He's town! Good job wasting what could've been rather useful. You suspected him of being scum under what notion, exactly? Seems just like your WrathChild vote. Little substance, just accusations of someone being scum.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by Parama »

Nothing I've done so far is a legitimate scumtell because I'm not scum.
Parama wrote:
WrathChild wrote:Since it's your scum day, I'll let this one slide.
FoS: WrathChild
"It's you're scum day" is a scum's excuse to be passive and fencesit on a player so that they can come back later with legitimate suspicion and be like "I let you off the hook last time because it was your scumday, but now it's not."
Scum really love doing things like that, y'know.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

unvote: Parama
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by chkflip »

Although I do not like how tmh talks about knowing me so well when we've only played very minimally together, I'll also note that an interesting scumslip has developed.

UNVOTE: tmh
VOTE: WrathChild

Please elaborate for me, so I can make sure my vote is in the right place. What would you have done if it wasn't his scumday? How would you go about it? Was it enough to vote for, or was that your way to FoS him without actually typing the FoS? Anything else you'd like to say about the matter?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by diddin »

I claim conditional dayvig. Now that the virus is active, I can "centralize" it on someone to get rid of it, killing the person. I am considering shooting WrathChild. Yay or nay?
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by Parama »

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by diddin »

popsofctown wrote:
unvote: Parama
This is even worse because it's not off your random vote. You have no excuse, you have taken quite a few stances, so why no revote?

unvote, Vote: popsofctown
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by chkflip »

I have no problem with a Dubb-C daykill, diddin.

See also: nice catch.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by implosion »

Wrath might be a good target for a dayvig. However, unless there's some kind of time limit, we could treat this like a second lynch. Opinions are good. The more opinions we have, the more this dayvig will reveal.

AntB's response to my fos is... adequate.

I also agree with themanhimself's sentiments that chkflip isn't acting like I'd expect him to act so far. I've also only played minimally with chkflip, but he just isn't acting as... actively, I guess, as the other cases I've played with him.

I'd also like Helghast to say something that isn't a joke or asking if Parama's ability is lethal.

Also, everyone else who hasn't posted anything substantive needs to post something substantive. This game is gonna get fast-paced very quickly... we already have a flip, and another flip soon is likely.
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:42 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

With muh flipping town

VOTE: Parama

I'm going to believe muh on that one
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by chkflip »

Imp, I'm in like ten games right now. Over-stretching, definitely won't do that again. Also, with the holidays, I won't be posting as heavily either.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by Parama »

Powerrox93 wrote:With muh flipping town

You have the mental capabilities of a 3 year old, don't you?
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Power wrote:With muh flipping town

Ummmmm... why? What does his alignment have to do with how accurate his (highly-OMGUSy) read was?

And, diddin, I completely do NOT understand your insistence that WrathChild is scummy. TBH, I find it ridiculous. He unvoted from a RV, big whoop. Why are you making such a big deal out of unvoting without a revote, anyway?
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by diddin »

quadz08 wrote:
Power wrote:With muh flipping town

Ummmmm... why? What does his alignment have to do with how accurate his (highly-OMGUSy) read was?

And, diddin, I completely do NOT understand your insistence that WrathChild is scummy. TBH, I find it ridiculous. He unvoted from a RV, big whoop. Why are you making such a big deal out of unvoting without a revote, anyway?
Yes, but the thing is he has called other people scummy, yet isn't voting. It looks like he's waiting to hop on a wagon. AKA he's not putting his vote where his mouth is.

I have as long as I want to activate my daykill. I have an unknown quantity of the kills available, as my power does not completely remove the virus.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:26 pm

Post by WrathChild »

Now there is talk of Day-Vigging me. That's a bit hastey. I guess I'll address the Scumday thing. I saw that Diddin (I think that was who, I'll double check) had put up a lame pointless vote on me (for Unvoting a RVS Vote) and figured he was baiting me into OMGUS voting him to drive his case further. I wasn't going to let him have that satisfaction, so I just refrained from voting him at the moment. I think it was Diddin trying to fish around for someone's overreaction. Normally I'd take that as a Null-Tell, but when trying to get "The New Guy" with this seems to tip the scales a bit on the scummy side.

Now that I've explained the Scumday comment, I also find Parama's attack on me rather scummy and baseless for the most part. Take a minute and look at his attack, "Oh Well Muh was town... Let's get the real scum! VOTE: Wrath" followed by the scumday case, which basically states, "Come on guys! Don't you see it? Scum like to do things like that!"

It's all bologna. I'm not sure who is scummier, Diddin for rookie OMGUS fishing or Parama's meta-case against a player who's never been in this meta. I have seen Diddin move along, but am curious for Parama's response to this post.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:58 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

diddin 108 wrote:Early scummy vibes from him on that terrible "scumslip" catch, not to mention one on a claimed fairly powerful PR.
Huh? Maybe you have more information on Parama, but I don't. Parama's ability in no way confirms him as any alignment as far as I'm concerned, so I don't see how you can validly use this against quadz.
diddin 115 wrote:I'm also getting town vibes from Parama, even more than usual in this game.
Wait just a minute here, diddin.

Are you getting town vibes from Parama or do you have role information that leads you to believe that Parama is town? These are two very different concepts.

Unvote
;
vote: diddin

---
implosion 136 wrote:@RedCoyote, can you give a situation in which my ability isn't anti-town? Even having someone voteless and unlynchable in general is bad. It narrows down the town's options and creates a player that won't be able to contribute as effectively.
If you have reason to believe someone is a townie but being unfairly targeted by potential scum or other townies, it would be good to protect them. If, for whatever reason, you investigate or are informed of a person who is innocent but you don't want to give the results out, that would be a good opportunity to pass them the tree stump. I don't know, uh, I'm just hypothesizing here. I'll concede that in a lylo situation it would most certainly be no good, but, on the same token, can you think of anyone here who will stand up and say, "Yeah, I'll take one for the team. Shoot me with the tree stump." Wouldn't that be playing against one's win condition?

---

I had more to talk about, but a lot of stuff was answered in the interim. I do not support vigging anyone this early in the game, and I have a feeling diddin only claimed his ability because he was feeling pressured. In no way do I think his ability speaks in anyway to his alignment. WC doesn't strike me as particularly scummy, although I will admit that diddin has a valid point about the unvoting without revoting. I'm more concerned, however, with what I said above. I don't like what diddin had to say about Parama at all. At first he said he had reason to believe Parama was town because of his role, then he said that he was getting "town vibes" off of him, which strikes me as a completely different reasoning.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”