Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:51 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

I Am Innocent wrote:
EtherealCookie wrote:
Parama wrote:Now we can stop voting me and start voting someone who's legitimately scummy. Like, y'know
vote: WrathChild

MOD: Can you confirm that the votecount is 100% correct? There's no one voting ckd yet he has a vote on him, and there's one person voting URoE yet he has two votes on him.

I don't doubt that it's accurate - at the very least, I expected there to be a doublevoting power in this game - but I just want to have it mod-confirmed.
Why is he "legitimately scum?" I'm more suspicious of you. You didn't bother to seek a clarification on your abilities, which you should've done if you were town. Instead, you passed it off to somebody, continuously posted short one-liners, and got that person killed. P.S. He's town! Good job wasting what could've been rather useful. You suspected him of being scum under what notion, exactly? Seems just like your WrathChild vote. Little substance, just accusations of someone being scum.
These lines are causing me to :?

"Instead, you passed it off to somebody"
"Good job wasting what could've been rather useful."

What was he supposed to do, hold onto it? Not sure where you are going with this...
Yes. Hold onto it, and pass it to someone who genuinely thought was scummy. Just like his WrathChild vote, he is simply tossing out crappy reasons to kill people. He did it with a bomb, now he wants to do it with a lynch.
I Am Innocent wrote: Do you think Diddin taking a stance on an early player of interest is scummy?
If he provides no rationale for it, then yes. Yes it is. No pro-town reason for what you do is scummy. I don't see whats hard to understand about this. If someone hammered and said, "eh, I thought he was scummy," and failed to provide anymore explanation, he would be scummy, yes? Same logic applies here, only it's much earlier on so it isn't as big of a deal, but he still needs to answer why he gets town vibes from Parama.
quadz08 wrote:To clarify your power... you have an unlimited number of kills per day, but they can only be used after someone is killed by the virus. Correct?
Diddin wrote:I claim conditional dayvig. Now that the virus is active, I can "centralize" it on someone to get rid of it, killing the person. I am considering shooting WrathChild. Yay or nay?
Diddin wrote: I have as long as I want to activate my daykill. I have an unknown quantity of the kills available, as my power does not completely remove the virus.

You can read, no?
There you go.
Asking questions that don't really contribute and have already been answered is pointless.

[quote="WrathChild]Now that I've explained the Scumday comment, I also find Parama's attack on me rather scummy and baseless for the most part. Take a minute and look at his attack, "Oh Well Muh was town... Let's get the real scum! VOTE: Wrath" followed by the scumday case, which basically states, "Come on guys! Don't you see it? Scum like to do things like that!"[/quote]
Agreed. It's a terrible reason for voting, just like his reason for passing the bomb to Muh.

At the moment, Parama strikes me as the most scummy; Diddin follows.
chkflip wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Parama wrote:And no "BAH GO TOWN" or anything? Hehehe.
are you expecting him to say "go town"?
- I
reeeeaaalllly
don't like the fact that Parama has evaded this question, no matter how small it seems to be. Tells me something... something scummy.
FoS
!~
It's not as much that I don't like Parama evading the question, it's his post in the first place. I'd imagine the initial thought that would come to a townie who passed it onto someone he thought was scummy would be, "no 'BAH GO SCUM' or anything?" Of course, he probably never thought Muh was scummy. Just a crappy excuse to get someone killed. This adds up with his lack of asking the mod to clarify on his ability, and the mod having to do it instead. Seems pretty scummy to me.
Themanhimself wrote:I really don't like ethereal child talking about how Muh's death was Parama's fault and makes Parama scummy. Muh explicitly had the ability to give up the bomb but didn't. And what was Parama supposed to do? Just hold on to it and let it kill him? He had a limited amount of time to get rid of it and there wasn't enough time to develop a serious scumtell. That whole situation was a fairly null read to me and I think it's really suspicious of EC to bring it up. Seems to me like scum trying to find someone to peg for a mislynch.
He wasn't supposed to pass it off in RVS stage, that's what. He had quite a number of posts he could've waited for. Instead, he threw it off him ASAP. First page, Post #22.
popsofctown wrote:
diddin wrote:
quadz08 wrote:
Power wrote:With muh flipping town

VOTE: Parama

I'm going to believe muh on that one
Ummmmm... why? What does his alignment have to do with how accurate his (highly-OMGUSy) read was?

And, diddin, I completely do NOT understand your insistence that WrathChild is scummy. TBH, I find it ridiculous. He unvoted from a RV, big whoop. Why are you making such a big deal out of unvoting without a revote, anyway?
Yes, but the thing is he has called other people scummy, yet isn't voting. It looks like he's waiting to hop on a wagon. AKA he's not putting his vote where his mouth is.

I have as long as I want to activate my daykill. I have an unknown quantity of the kills available, as my power does not completely remove the virus.
This is actually a decent tell, and reminds me of my own tendencies when i play the scum role.
Unvoting from a RVS is scummy? That's hardly the same thing as fencesitting and making excuses to jump onto any bandwagon at any time. Null tell.
WrathChild wrote:Now there is talk of Day-Vigging me. That's a bit hastey. I guess I'll address the Scumday thing.
I saw that Diddin (I think that was who, I'll double check) had put up a lame pointless vote on me (for Unvoting a RVS Vote) and figured he was baiting me into OMGUS voting him to drive his case further.
I wasn't going to let him have that satisfaction, so I just refrained from voting him at the moment. I think it was Diddin trying to fish around for someone's overreaction. Normally I'd take that as a Null-Tell, but when trying to get "The New Guy" with this seems to tip the scales a bit on the scummy side.

Now that I've explained the Scumday comment, I also find Parama's attack on me rather scummy and baseless for the most part. Take a minute and look at his attack, "Oh Well Muh was town... Let's get the real scum! VOTE: Wrath" followed by the scumday case, which basically states, "Come on guys! Don't you see it? Scum like to do things like that!"

It's all bologna. I'm not sure who is scummier, Diddin for rookie OMGUS fishing or Parama's meta-case against a player who's never been in this meta. I have seen Diddin move along, but am curious for Parama's response to this post.
bolding mine, again. This seems a little bit paranoid, makes me find Wrathchild scummy, much more so than his failure to vote. He seems to see scumhunting as more of an attack and scumhunting that targets him as plots from an opposing force rather than the mistakes of a misguided townie. (of course, he could be right, it could be a cross factional dispute, but the only way wrathchild would no that is if he were scum and diddin were town, not the reverse).

FoS Wrathchild
, and I'm feeling ok with that as a daykill.[/quote]

Now THIS is a decent tell. He does seem very paranoid, and I dislike his use of "The New Guy." He should know what he's getting into with a large game, yes? It hardly makes something more scummy when it targets a new player. That's bull.
TheLonging wrote:nipah~

pops: I would know, Parama's meta is obvious to me, and I can tell that what he is doing only solidifies him being town.

That being said, aside from reading about Parama, since I'm so far behind on this game that I don't know anything else about the game; what are some topics I can comment on? My first read through is confusing, all I know is diddin is 80% scum and Parama is town.
Parama
Diddin
WrathChild

There's about three topics you can comment on. Why do you think Parama is town? Why is Diddin 80% scum? You've contributed near nothing, at the least you can explain why you feel this way with these players.

Preview Edit: God damn, a huge wall right on top of me. I'll address that later.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Saint »

VOTE: pops
themanhimself
would you consider revoting pops with me? you voted him in #125...
I also see EtherealCookie as scum, someone you voted in I believe #185... I could get behind you on this, but I am much more worried about pops as he is really active
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Saint »

well... after EC's wall right below mine, I might dismiss my read... I'll respond to that now.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:56 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Oh, my apologies if you are busy with Christmas and all that, TheLonging.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:57 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Saint wrote:I also see EtherealCookie as scum, someone you voted in I believe #185... I could get behind you on this, but I am much more worried about pops as he is really active
Did you mean to say someone voted you? Because I didn't vote in 185.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:59 am

Post by Saint »

Yeah. EC even failed to quote pops, casually defends diddin, attacks parama...
Vi agrees that EC is a top scumspect too
I'm willing to vote any of these guys, but we really need to force diddin to shoot someone before we do anything

EBWOP: I'm not talking to you, dipshit
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:01 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Completely rude and uncalled for.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Saint »

Learn to read?
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Saint »

if you'd actually go read #185, bro, you'd see someone VOTED YOU.
maybe you should actually go reference someone............
I am sick, so I apologize for ad hom, I get cranky when I'm sick. I'll try to cut it out.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:03 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Your "dipshit" was unnecessary after the end of your EBWOP. Yes, I noticed my mistake. Regardless, be immature if you want to.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Saint »

Vi got onto me already. I have been formally chastised. Sure, it was unnecessary, but so was your lack of going back to said post and seeing what I was referring to or actually reading to see who I was talking to which was very, very evident.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:05 am

Post by Saint »

it's not like i didn't bold his name or anything :roll:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Diddin's "catch" of WraithChild is horrible.

If Prama was town then I find it hard to believe that town ALSO has a daykill and him asking if its ok if he shot WC seems pretty fishy.

So is Prama scum or is Diddin scum? Or are they both town?

I myself get major scum vibes from CKD.

unvote;vote:CKD
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:25 am

Post by implosion »

[quote=Saint]As of Implosions post #31, I would personally love to see if this guy can be lynched. Who is to say he isn't scum who got the shaft and just got a voteless ability? I suppose he would end up getting caught up in that... in his #40 where he's like "someone would have caught that my vote didn't count" my counter-argument is why did you vote at all? I would rather you have not said anything about this! also his #47... is that how treestumps normally work? i always thought they can't gain votes. i really, really, really want to test this. i feel like he is lying scum. Also, it's funny to me (or hinky as babyspice would say!) that implosion and pops always post back-to-back. Sure, in his #31, claiming it ahead of time seems pro-town, but who is to say that he couldn't do that as scum?[/quote]

Why did I vote as all? Lets say I didn't vote at all. A few pages later, a random person asks me why I haven't voted yet. Ergo, I claim. Easy test to prove that I'm unlynchable: have the person I pass the treestump to confirm it. I don't think this is how a standard treestump works, I think this is just an ability that kunk put in the game that he decided to call treestump for lack of a better name.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:29 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Yeah, I apologize about the reading bit.
Saint wrote:Yeah. EC even failed to quote pops, casually defends diddin, attacks parama...
I'm willing to vote any of these guys, but we really need to force diddin to shoot someone before we do anything
Defend Diddin? Hardly. I messed up when posting, despite the fact I even got to preview, but let me fix it right now. I think Diddin is the second scummiest.
WrathChild wrote:Now that I've explained the Scumday comment, I also find Parama's attack on me rather scummy and baseless for the most part. Take a minute and look at his attack, "Oh Well Muh was town... Let's get the real scum! VOTE: Wrath" followed by the scumday case, which basically states, "Come on guys! Don't you see it? Scum like to do things like that!"
Agreed. It's a terrible reason for voting, just like his reason for passing the bomb to Muh.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in response to I Am Innocent's question, I once again state that it is rather scummy for Diddin to simple state he gets town vibes from Parama without explaining. Now, if you accused me of casually defending WrathChild, I could see where you're coming from, but Diddin? Not at all. And yes, I shall attack Parama, because I believe he is scum and I have rationale to back my vote. That is not a scumtell.

Nothing on Pops? Really? Actually, the two above TheLonging are from Pops. My apologies for the bad quoting once again. So, right now, everything you've said is false besides me attacking Parama. I am doing that, yes. Furthermore, I get a town read from Pops. He is solid on what to do with Diddin and he is actively scum hunting, such as him pointing out Wrath Child's paranoia. I do not like how he says he's okay with that as a daykill so early on, however.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:35 am

Post by diddin »

I'm not just gonna shoot on instinct. I plan on using this vig shot like a second lynch because I don't know how many I have left. We should definitely all agree on a daykill before I do my thing.

TL needs to explain his reads. He's making a lot of stances with little evidence about them.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:49 am

Post by themanhimself »

Parama is just as likely as anyone else to be town. I'm not sure if diddin is scum but I really don't trust him with the dayvig ability right now, I say we see who gets it tomorrow and go off of that. In fact, why don't we vote on who it should go to tomorrow and then if it doesn't go to that person then we have a good scumlink, if it does go to that person then we have it in the hands of someone that most people don't believe is scum. I think Saint is being a little bit over the top but I'll keep that on the back burner for now. I can't tell if wrathchild is just scummy or new but either way he's not being super-helpful. I say we VOTE: Implosion and see what happens. If he's telling the truth then it's null, if he's lying then we either lynched a lying townie or some scum so I don't see a losing scenario there.
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Saint »

bill murray is always over the top
get me a cocktail and a golfcart in sweden
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Saint »

implosion wrote: Why did I vote as all? Lets say I didn't vote at all. A few pages later, a random person asks me why I haven't voted yet. Ergo, I claim. Easy test to prove that I'm unlynchable: have the person I pass the treestump to confirm it. I don't think this is how a standard treestump works, I think this is just an ability that kunk put in the game that he decided to call treestump for lack of a better name.
lack of voting =/= unlynchable, so you could be pulling the wool over our eyes. Can you concede that point?
I just don't want to write you off as town because of this. Coming out the way you did was pro-town, though.
EtherealCookie wrote:Yeah, I apologize about the reading bit.
Saint wrote:Yeah. EC even failed to quote pops, casually defends diddin, attacks parama...
Defend Diddin? Hardly. I messed up when posting, despite the fact I even got to preview, but let me fix it right now. I think Diddin is the second scummiest.
WrathChild wrote:Now that I've explained the Scumday comment, I also find Parama's attack on me rather scummy and baseless for the most part. Take a minute and look at his attack, "Oh Well Muh was town... Let's get the real scum! VOTE: Wrath" followed by the scumday case, which basically states, "Come on guys! Don't you see it? Scum like to do things like that!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in response to I Am Innocent's question, I once again state that it is rather scummy for Diddin to simple state he gets town vibes from Parama without explaining. Now, if you accused me of casually defending WrathChild, I could see where you're coming from, but Diddin? Not at all. And yes, I shall attack Parama, because I believe he is scum and I have rationale to back my vote. That is not a scumtell.

Nothing on Pops? Really? Actually, the two above TheLonging are from Pops. My apologies for the bad quoting once again. So, right now, everything you've said is false besides me attacking Parama. I am doing that, yes. Furthermore, I get a town read from Pops. He is solid on what to do with Diddin and he is actively scum hunting, such as him pointing out Wrath Child's paranoia. I do not like how he says he's okay with that as a daykill so early on, however.
Apology accepted.
However, you are claiming you didn't casually defend diddin?
You didn't quote him multiple times to clarify something for him to someone else?
are you denying that openly?
I will go and quote the exactness of it if you'd like
You may not have defended him as in like "yo, he's not scum", but you helped him.

I'm really hoping you're just being misguided town here, bro, because if you're feeling pops is town your scumdar is off.

If I've misinterpreted anything from your post other than what I've addressed here, blame it on misquoting.

I vote we use the dayvig ability on implosion
wouldn't that get rid of the treestump problem altogether?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:58 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Nero Cain wrote: I myself get major scum vibes from CKD.

unvote;vote:CKD
awesome lets dig a little deeper into this...why>?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Saint »

Saint wrote:bill murray is always over the top
get me a cocktail and a golfcart in sweden
i swear this isn't a breadcrumb!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:59 am

Saint wrote:Vi got onto me already. I have been formally chastised. Sure, it was unnecessary, but so was your lack of going back to said post and seeing what I was referring to or actually reading to see who I was talking to which was very, very evident.
who are you?...I know Vi..but who are you?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:01 am

Post by Saint »

If I told you, you would replace out as town, and stick around as scum
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Saint »

CKD, dude, please don't replace out
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:06 am

Saint wrote:If I told you, you would replace out as town, and stick around as scum
Furcolow wrote:I would like to re-request joining in, kunk, on Saint
it will be a hydra of myself and Vi
oh god dammit...you are one of the reason we lost Holy Orders...Vi's stock just went WAAAAYYY down agreeing to be a hydra with you...if I would have known.

still pissed about your "play" there...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”