Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

I Am Innocent wrote:FTR, I have played one game each with Diddin, Parama, and Red Coyote, they were all town and I do not see any material differences in playing style. I lean towards town on all three of these.
@all: This is a frequently disputed point of theory, but I see identifying protown players who are not in danger of lynch as a negative. It's just marking nightkill targets, and doesn't preserve their lives anymore than waiting until L-1 to speak up would.

There's arguments against that, like, roflcopter believes in some sort of weird mutally identified townie coalition that charges to victory or some such, but I don't buy it. But if you're into that I'll respect it.

But I would like to point out that in this game the drawbacks to identifying town players is increased. Players are likely to be making the same judgments in parallel, you're marking protown players for scum (who might be cognitively blocked from recognizing by their role, or perhaps are simpley inept) and then if those players get nightkilled and a bunch of townies cycle useful powers to that person, they all go to Disneyland. (the void).
Posting what you think about diddin was ok I guess, let's face it that dayvig power is drawing fire tonight anyway. Parama and RC seemed unnecessary to me though.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:53 am

Post by diddin »

Oh for Christ's sake Quadz.

I do not know how many shots I have, but I know I have a limited amount of them.

Also I won't be on as much due to typical Christmas shit but you all should expect that.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

V/LA for a visit to relatives, i return on the 29th.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Parama wrote:
Parama wrote:Okay, have come to a conclusion:
Scum are using me as a target to defend and attack others with. Would it surprise you if I said I've been doing some dumb stuff on purpose?
Wouldn't be shocked if 2 scum are defending me and a third is attacking me.
Nice job taking things out of context.
I did, in fact, only quote one sentence. That's technically 'taking things out of context,' yes. However, I did not make a derogatory statement nor did I misrep you by doing so. Why are you upset?

Thanks for explaining, diddin. That makes more sense.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Parama »

You're asking me a question that, out of context, looks legitimate, but, in context, has already been answered.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by quadz08 »

I did not ask a question. I simply stated that I was looking forward to changes in your playstyle, and an explanation of what your earlier playstyle had gained for the town. If you're trying to say that you've already done the latter, I respond by saying that it is insufficient in my eyes.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Helghast
Helghast
Townie
Helghast
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:03 am

Post by Helghast »

I Am Innocent wrote:FTR, I have played one game each with Diddin, Parama, and Red Coyote, they were all town and I do not see any material differences in playing style. I lean towards town on all three of these.
Well they could be that good, not going to say they are innocent cos they playing the same way they did when they were town last game.
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:33 am

Post by themanhimself »

diddin wrote:Oh for Christ's sake Quadz.

I do not know how many shots I have, but I know I have a limited amount of them.

Also I won't be on as much due to typical Christmas shit but you all should expect that.
I don't like the pressure that diddin is putting on the town here. It sounds like he's itching to use his dayvig power, which makes me wonder why. Diddin, do you see someone who's particularly scummy and whom you want to dayvig?

@implosion, In fact I did skip that post so I'll withdraw my case for an experimental lynch against you. My bad.
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:51 am

Post by themanhimself »

Has anyone else noticed and/or wondered about the significance of this?
The Eruci wrote:
//PASSWORD: ************ USERID: MS1775305
The Eruci wrote:

//Welcome to Experiment Set x01 MS1775305.
The Eruci wrote:

//We've developed an entirely new program MS1775305.
The Eruci wrote:

MS1775305 -
TheLonging
[
Online.
][/size]
[/i]
If P then Q.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:20 am

Post by diddin »

themanhimself wrote:Has anyone else noticed and/or wondered about the significance of this?
The Eruci wrote:
//PASSWORD: ************ USERID: MS1775305
The Eruci wrote:

//Welcome to Experiment Set x01 MS1775305.
The Eruci wrote:

//We've developed an entirely new program MS1775305.
The Eruci wrote:

MS1775305 -
TheLonging
[
Online.
][/size]
[/i]
That just looks like flavor to me.

I just wish to shoot before the day is over. We can decide this democratically, you know.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:02 am

Post by AntB »

Its flavor and user-codes. your supposed to vote using the codes on the first page :P
Rule 9 in Voting, Deadlines, Deaths and Activity:
You may use a Player's Flavour Designation (ex. MS1775305) as an identification in votes.

Guessing even the mod forgot that :P
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:11 am

Post by themanhimself »

I get that, I'm just wondering if there's significance to the fact that TL was assigned the user code of someone in the flavor.
If P then Q.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:17 am

Post by The Eruci »

AntB wrote: You
may
use a Player's Flavour Designation (ex. MS1775305) as an identification in votes.

Guessing even the mod forgot that :P
The operative word is "may". :wink:
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:28 am

Post by q21 »

Comments from a quick readup from my last post.
EtherealCookie wrote:
q21 wrote:You're not paying attention. You know how I know you're not paying attention? The whole discussion about getting rid of anti town roles was started by the only anti town role we know anything about so far... a role which makes the person holding it unlynchable.
I never agreed that the stump was anti-town. It isn't important enough to worry about until the end, as lylo isn't going to happen for quite a long time, now is it? But thanks for being a pompous ass. It's not as if there might be any other anti-town abilities floating about. And once again, why are we even discussing this? Have we not agreed to MoI's plan?
True, you didn't specify the stump as one of the antitown roles you were talking about, but you didn't exclude it either and given that the stump is where that line of conversation began I think it was perfectly valid of me to take the view that you were including it in your definition of anti town roles. Also, pompous assery is a talent of mine.
EtherealCookie wrote:
q21 wrote:You're also not paying attention. Your point here is nullified by the fact when you made this post Parama had, quite publicly, announced that he no longer had the role anyway, having passed the bomb to muh. Not to mention the fact that having a role, even a powerful townie one, isn't evidence of towniness in this game from what I can tell. I think you're either trying to defend Parama (a theory which may become more viable after we see a potential muh flip) or you're trying to force suspicion on quadz.
Uhh.
What difference does it make if Parama had passed it? The ability still came from him. Therefore, I see no problem with him referring to it as Parama's ability. Null point.
The point what that diddin was attacking quaddz for his attack on Parama because Parama had a supposedly powerful town role, except that Parama no longer had that role, therefore that reason for diddin's attack was contrived.

I'm not a fan of the back and forth WIFOM between quadz and Parama at the end of page 6/beginning of page 7. Firstly, wifom is useless in general and secondly, that argument seems a little disingenuous.
Nero Cain wrote:Diddin's "catch" of WraithChild is horrible.

If Prama was town then I find it hard to believe that town ALSO has a daykill and him asking if its ok if he shot WC seems pretty fishy.

So is Prama scum or is Diddin scum? Or are they both town?

I myself get major scum vibes from CKD.

unvote;vote:CKD
So, says nothing about CKD until he has some mysterious scum vibes and then votes him. Scummy. Not helped by the fact that your explanations are hypocritical.
Saint wrote:VOTE: pops
themanhimself
would you consider revoting pops with me? you voted him in #125...
I also see EtherealCookie as scum, someone you voted in I believe #185... I could get behind you on this, but I am much more worried about pops as he is really active
Firstly, I agree with most of what you say about pops in #199. I have 2 issues though.

1. Why wait until this post to actually make the vote?
2. The rest of this post is buddying which I find a little scummy.
themanhimself wrote:Parama is just as likely as anyone else to be town. I'm not sure if diddin is scum but I really don't trust him with the dayvig ability right now, I say we see who gets it tomorrow and go off of that. In fact, why don't we vote on who it should go to tomorrow and then if it doesn't go to that person then we have a good scumlink, if it does go to that person then we have it in the hands of someone that most people don't believe is scum. I think Saint is being a little bit over the top but I'll keep that on the back burner for now. I can't tell if wrathchild is just scummy or new but either way he's not being super-helpful. I say we VOTE: Implosion and see what happens. If he's telling the truth then it's null, if he's lying then we either lynched a lying townie or some scum so I don't see a losing scenario there.
This seems like your advocating, essentially, a no lynch Day 1. Which is scummy. This view is, however, ameliorated by the fact that from your later posts it seems that you were genuinely unaware that a majority vote on implosion will supposedly lead to a no lynch. I do not like that you're still voting implosion, though, (essentially voting no lynch).
Parama wrote:Okay, have come to a conclusion:
Scum are using me as a target to defend and attack others with. Would it surprise you if I said I've been doing some dumb stuff on purpose?
Wouldn't be shocked if 2 scum are defending me and a third is attacking me.
I would like to know who you think those scums are. Just saying that you think there are some scums interacting with you really isn't enough.
AntB wrote: @WrathChild
WrathChild wrote: Hi guys, I'm new here, so forgive me if I don't know the meta or joke-phase protocol, so..
And yet you jumped into a Large Theme Game... Did you even read the Newbie Guide?
HoS
In the midst of what I feel are generally good comments from you is this... its horrible and makes me doubt the sincerity of anything good you've said. Its just such a reach that not viewing you as scummy for it would be, at best, labelling it too scummy to be scum and, at worst, breathtakingly moronic on my part.

Unvote

I still think diddin is scummy, but I'm going to be leaving for a camp in the middle of nowhere first thing tomorrow and don't want my vote sitting on any wagon while I am completely unable to monitor it.
I will be V/LA until Jan 3.
After that I will be read up and should be able to post more regularly as all the christmas distractions will be over. Until then, here are my views/reads so far.

Scum reads: diddin. themanhimself. Nero Cain.

The tree stump role needs to be gotten rid of, of this there can be no doubt. We can't lynch it. We can't rely an any plan to kill it overnight on the basis of a doc/roleblocker/redirector/etc and the fact that we don't even know if there is a town controlled nightkill. I think that we need to take care of it while we have a dayvig and we know where the stump role is because tomorrow (or some other day in the future) we may no longer have a dayvig and might for some reason be unable to find the tree stump. I therefore support diddin killing implosion for all that I don't particularly think that implosion himself is scum.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:30 am

Post by themanhimself »

q21 wrote:I do not like that you're still voting implosion, though, (essentially voting no lynch).
Forgot. UNVOTE: Implosion
If P then Q.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Saint »

q21

1. Vi reminded me to "not forget to vote" and to edit the top two or three paragraphs, downsizing them to make them more concise like 4 minutes after I gave up on waiting for her to suggest things to change (it had been roughly thirty minutes to an hour, and I had things to be doing) - i'm pretty sure it caused her to blush, lol, you'll have to get back to her on that one.
2. TMH has largely been suspicious of a lot of the people I have. I have also been liking you, and quadz. I had an original town read on thelonging, but where has he been? also with TMH bringing up that recent point, even if flavor, the mod needs to say IT IS FLAVOR if it is not a clue in the op.
--------------------------------
i had a really good laugh at quadz talking about parama
i am actually somewhat satisfied at pops responding to me, and i will feel much more comfortable with lynches after we begin to see ability-passing-correlations. Someone who has good rhetoric and logic skills should clarify exactness on this with Kunk. Definitely not me, i'll misconstrue everything, or at the least be misinterpreted myself.

I have been sort of wishy-washy on Implosion, but I do not feel he is the lynch today, because if he is lying he has given us a free scum lynch on d2, If he says "I passed my ability to Player A" and Player A died, however, we will lynch him for that as well.
@implosion
DO NOT say who you are passing your ability to, because I don't want you to cop out.
If you are confirmed to have not been lying about being a "treestump", though it is HARDLY that... because stumping is a declared action... then sure I'll be ok with you living barring a miscorrelation of ability passing which would indicate you as scum. HOWEVER, I doubt that will be the case. You will either claim that you sent your ability to a player who has died in the night, and then your scumbuddies will go "well, geez, guys, at least we lost a useless treestump ability that helped mafia!" when in fact it was contrived. Sorry to go off on a WIFOM rant, but I'm just letting you know that regardless of whether or not the rest of the thread are going to, I'm going to hold you accountable on d2 to see if your "ability" is confirmed.

I have not liked Narsis
If he is town, he needs to post in a more town-manner.
He is not doing so, and I feel is hypocritical
unvote pops;

VOTE: narsis
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Saint »

p.s. I would also be happy voting EC or AntB
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:27 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Nero Cain wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Nero Cain wrote: I myself get major scum vibes from CKD.

unvote;vote:CKD
awesome lets dig a little deeper into this...why>?
most of your posts seem like fluff. You more or less called Prama scummy and didn't vote him BUT were happy to vote for Diddin perhaps to lynch him before he gets his kill in?

pops has a good point about not telling who the daykill goes to.
what exactly is your definition of fluff?...also why do you think it is scummy that I didnt vote Prama but did vote Diddin?...do you know something I dont...also you are misrepresenting me here why?.. Did I vote Diddin before his "claim" or after?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:29 am

Powerrox93 wrote:
AntB wrote:Trying to discern alignment from who has what role is pointless...
UNVOTE:
VOTE: AntB

No it's not.
We don't want scum to control every single ability in this game
something about this post is bothering me...what does "discern alignment" and what scum might or might contol have to do with each other?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:33 am

also was getting ready to unvote, but I dont think diddin ever addressed my vote.

@Diddin, did you every explain why unvoting and not revoting is scummy?..do you have a game that you saw wscum do this?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:00 am

Post by diddin »

curiouskarmadog wrote:also was getting ready to unvote, but I dont think diddin ever addressed my vote.

@Diddin, did you every explain why unvoting and not revoting is scummy?..do you have a game that you saw wscum do this?
It's scummy because it shows a player is not putting a vote where there mouth is. Unless it's close to or the hammer, it's scummy to talk a lot about someone being scum but unvoting and not revoting.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by WrathChild »

Just checking in. I've caught up, but have very low access to the internet. If you need to replace me, I accept, but would still like to play if you can accept low activity until Next week.

There has been some discussion regarding my newness and honestly, I get a Town-Read from AntB for being such a jerk about it. I have plenty of experience, I just don't know THIS meta as this is my first game at Mafiascum. So, I'm not asking for slack because I'm a "NEWB", I'm just asking that people understand that I'm not sure about the typical things that give reads one way or another here, how long joke-phase lasts, policies on lurkers, liars, mudslingers, etc.

I felt that Diddin had try to bait me earlier because he may have viewed me as an easy target. I guess there's a fine line between being cautious and paranoid. I definitely felt that, especially at that stage of the game I was being cautious not paranoid. I would usually read over defensiveness as paranoid and not-OMGUS voting as cautious.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by WrathChild »

EBWOP: "I felt that Diddin tried to bait..."
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Saint »

your activity level is definitely adequate
read narsis or helghast in iso
there are two players who have YET TO POST
mafiascum deadlines are different than teamliquid or most other mafia websites in that the cycles last FOREVER

basically, take your time, wrathchild. Considering the terminology that you're using, though, I would ask for you to discontinue playing the noob card. Thanks in advance!
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by diddin »

I shouldn't shoot the stump today. We use my kill today like a second lynch, the player with the stump power passes it on to the scummiest player, AS DECIDED BEFOREHAND by us. Then, tomorrow, the person I give my vigging power to can kill the player with the tree stump ability, taking care of two birds with one stone.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”