Mini 1099: The Prisoner Mafia. Game Over.

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

-My vote was RVS, then it became serious after Hiraki's two posts. This is indicated in the thread, and for someone who is basing an entire discreditation on CHESSKID SUCKS AND DOESN'T READ GOOD, you kind of just fucking failed really fucking hard, eh?
-Everything you have done has been a stupid diversion. You write a billion psots about how you're ignoring me, to distract people, and you set Nacho up as a fall guy. Diversion much?
-The point of the 3rd quote was that you are 100% scum, so why the fuck would I vote Nacho who is only possibly scum?
-#329 was a scumclaim. How people are fail enough to not see that, I don't know.
-So you totally didn't unvote nacho and vote me after TheRufflig voted me for some bullshit about "slipping" that Fate was the scumkill?

---------
@Camn:
Now please, for everyon'se sake, go suck a dick.
You are a whore
You are cheap
You are very ugly
You make me want to kill people
I I were scum, you would already be dead. Not Fate. Which is obvious to anyone who is paying any bit of attention.
I fully intend to go back to parking my vote on your scummy ass, and calling every scummy thing you do out....because that is how to play mafia.
k-thnx-bai
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

The Rufflig wrote:I don't use misrepping in every game and certainly not continuously throughout the game. It's a technique that proved useful to me in newbie games though it has completely failed here. I now suspect the technique will not work in any non-newbie game and I don't plan on using it ever again in any non-newbie game.

How many games have you been using your anti-town behavior in now and how often has it proven beneficial to the town?
You now suspect idiocy doesn't work. Shocking.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Dude I've been your proponent but seriously that needs to stop right now.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

If she's going to insult me, I'm going to insult her. I'm not going to feel bad about it, either.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

:D
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:39 am

Post by Ojanen »

My father died in an accident on Christmas eve.
Troll
: please replace me. I'm too knotted and unstable for this. Maybe it changes but I don't want to think about mafia. Sorry.
Take care guys.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:17 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Oh wow I'm really sorry Oj.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:19 am

Post by camn »

That is terrible, O.

---------
Also...

UNVOTE
Vote : chesskid
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:21 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Trading insults aside, that was a rather poor way to respond to my rebuttal of your "refutation" of my case.
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

Please accept my heartfelt condolences, Ojanen.

I hope everyone else had an enjoyable Christmas.

-------------

@chesskid3: You crossed the line in #375. You should offer Camn an apology.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 2.1

chesskid3: 2: The Rufflig (3), Camn (10)
SpyreX: 2: Nachomamma8 (7), Jack (9)
Camn: 1: chesskid3 (1)
Nachomamma8: 1: Plum (5)
Plum: 1: SpyreX (8)

Not Voting: Ojanen, populartajo

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch. Currently chesskid3 would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 3:00 PM EST/12:00 PM PST on Thursday, January 6th. Countdown timer.

Mod Notes: Finding a replacement for Ojanen now. Ojanen, you have my condolences; hopefully you and your family are doing what you need to to take care of each other.

In other news, the personal insults need to stop now. I'd really rather not have to step in but I'm also not going to put up with my players insulting each other. You're welcome to complain about play and to be unhappy with each other if you feel you must but we're going to maintain a level of civility here. If anyone isn't sure whether they're going to cross a line they're welcome to check with me but it's probably an even better idea just not to post something if you're not sure if it might cross a line.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Last edited by Zorblag on Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Mod Note: Sotty7 replaces Ojanen. Thank you Sotty7!

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Hi. Reading and junk.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Okay wow. That was the first time I have ever replaced into a game and managed to get caught up in one sitting. Those 16 pages were easy to read and although it felt like mostly spam I have managed to get some good reads out of it, so it must have been helpful. Here's where I'm at, from town down to scum.

Camn
SpyreX
Jack
Nachomamma8
populartajo
chesskid3
Plum
The Rufflig

Camn and Spy are pretty equal. Camn feels like the Camn of ladies night, complete with vote on a “quick wagon”. Her responses and poking look genuine to me, I like it. Spy's reaction to Jack and his prolonged back and forth with Fate in the early goings also feels town. Here, here and here are what I am talking about in particular. Gut rings solid town.

Jack is Jack. I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary from him nor have I seen anything scummy. I like him as town right now, but he is one to keep an eye on. Leaning heavily town right now.

Nacho and tajo are my “lurky” null reads. In quotations simply because of the speed of day one, plus both of these players tend to lurk in my experience so it's null. Nacho seems to be picking it up at least, but I'm not feeling his Spy vote. Defo want to see more from him and tajo.

Chesskid's case on Camn is awful. I'd like to see what exactly she is supposed to be deflecting from. It just feels like tunneling to tunnel, no actual scum hunting here. From what I have seen around the site this seems to be his meta, short spam like posts. I went back and forth on him but I like him as a possible 3rd scum right now. In an ideal world I'd like to see him either build on the so called Camn case, or move on elaborating on other reads.

Plum and The Rufflig are my strongest scum reads. Plum is on the outside looking in, her posts don't feel very natural at all. Then there is this that makes me think she was at least reading along and choosing not to comment heavily on the EC wagon apart from finding the time to tact her vote on there. Yuck.

Then there is The Rufflig. The initial vote on EC was a little sheepy. The
“he might be right about Fate”
bit sticks in my ribs. He is voting EC and yet willing to give him credit at the same time. Just doesn't add up, conflicting ideas. Later he switches to Fate and pushes hard even though I get the impression of the two having some history, which to me at least implies he would know Fate and his likely hood to gambit. Pointless, fluff posts also set my gut on edge and that's before I even get to his reasoning for voting Chess today.

VOTE: The Rufflig
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by camn »

Hi, Sotty.. thank you for joining us!

I have spent my cooling-off period rereading.... and I am starting to agree with you and Spy re: Plum.
I still think Nacho is scummy.. but I dont think I am ready to chase his case today.

The Ruffig, on the other hand, I have actually been liking. There are some fluff posts.. hmm.

I am happy that you also have a townread on Spy. I WANT to trust him.. but he has tricked me pretty badly in the past.

Do YOU have any speculation on setup? I am trying to get my head around how close to f-ed we are (and if we can afford to policylynch). . . and I have never been any good with balance.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

I'm not very good with set up speculation myself. I knew little about the theme when I signed up, just sniping the spot on player list alone. That said, garroted strikes me more as a SK than a vig simply because of the flavor. I don't know if that fits in with the theme, I'll have to look up.

At a guess I would say we have a little room to policy lynch but I would much rather we lynched one of the scummier people in Plum or The Rufflig. I'm not hot on policy lynches.

What's good about The Rufflig?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:22 pm

Post by SpyreX »

For me its STILL the numbers business. Just enough twitch that would make a scum perhaps want to slip up AND no real downside.

No matter how I junk it we're not f'd today unless its another night of two town deaths and THEN the SK gets to play "I'm a vig" to have any shot at winning (hint: they probably don't) in which case we may be able to finagle something.

So, while you replaced a bad, bad spot and Ruf over Plum still makes me paranoid hows about you swap that sweet ass vote over
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:22 pm

Post by SpyreX »

And my absolute condolences Oj.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:33 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

SpyreX wrote:Assume you're some kind of multishot day cop/day vig whatever and also a miller. You decide to claim.
Someone ELSE then also claims miller. At that moment the idea that perhaps, in fact, there's some correlation to there being one or two massive power roles and milleritude. So, you ask what would appear to be a strange question: are you JUST a miller? Because, the answer to that if its no might be both giving some insight AND giving a reason to believe the claim.
But what Jack did had the same effect. He claimed miller SUPER ROLE, and unvoted Fate because he thought there were more. At this point, Fate could've said "HEYYY I'M A MILLER SUPER ROLE TOO", ignored it and kept on the normal miller claim, or backed down completely (like he did). Same effect, but gave Fate the choice to preserve his identity.
SpyreX wrote:But, even then, look at the Ruffing's 'gambit' D1. That is a (while not going to catch any but the silliest) a good attempt at a trap. The claiming miller (which hasn't been reducted btw) and the repeated concessions WHILE NOT JUST FESSING UP isn't a good gambit.
It's usually town who make the well-intentioned but bad gambits. And with Jack making intentionally contridicting/stupid posts, I'm pretty sure he's not scum because he's much smarter than that. And if he is scum, well. He's got some brass, brass balls counterclaiming a townie miller claim.

I agree with you that the Jack conversation is getting a bit stale, and I'll also agree that it's missing a lot of Jack. We're done with this conversation for now.
camn wrote:I actually didn't know about that game until chesskid prompted me to search.
I CERTAINLY wasn't planning a case based on it.

It only surfaced because of chess' bizarre defense.
Which turned out to actually be a lie. Or maybe just a fantasy.

I don't think pointing out obvious, factual lies is 'weak'... Though I do admit I shouldn't have been feeding the troll.
Is there some other part of my posts you mean when you say 'weak' or 'crap'?
I was saying your point that chess was trying to defend me with the Fate comment even though he knew better was weak. And your entire ISO #11 - ISO #20 was useless, with only a few bits of :goodposting: to salvage from the wreckage. But I wasn't referencing anymore than that.

Plum, why didn't you pay any attention to Jack today? Yesterday, you commented that the only reason that Jackscum didn't make sense was because EC was being scummier and the two didn't make sense as buddies, right?

Spy, what's your read on Tajo? Do you have a scumread on any nonlurkers? (Everyone minus the golden four, to be specific).

Sotty, what's your interpretation of this post?
The Rufflig wrote:Bah! Want an off-the-wall theory on the disappearance? It's Zorblag's adaptation of Professor Seltzman's machine from "Do Not Forsake Me Oh, My Darling" - the psyche swapping device. Only since the psyche can't actually swap in real life, the one who used it dies (disappears). The roles/win condition of the two are swapped. The topic of identity theft was also covered in "Schizoid Man". The series also covered other themes such as brain washing, peer pressure and individual vs group (mason flavor fits well here). So, there could even be a cult running about to boot - though that is probably a bit overkill. There is something awfully weird about disappearance as a killing method and I bet there is some strange mechanic going on in the background.

On the topic of chesskid3 and Jack - eh, seems unlikely they would both be so obvious as scum, true. Though if they are town, they certainly need to get into the game or risk receiving the MVS award (most valuable scum) for all their help to the scum faction. Personally, I'll be pissed if they both turn out to be townies who threw away this game just so they can more easily win their other games as scum because "they always play this way".

77:
populartajo wrote:
VOTE: SPYREX
form obvious scumbaggery.

FOS: PLUM
for lurking.
After the two miller claims, so I'm guessing this is a serious vote. He later retracts it after SpyreX explains his Ruffles town read, and another attack on Jack.
The FoS is adequately hypocritical, considering tajo is gone like dust in the wind.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Sotty7 »

SpyreX Post 391 wrote:So, while you replaced a bad, bad spot and Ruf over Plum still makes me paranoid hows about you swap that sweet ass vote over
Give me a minute. I gave some serious thought to placing my vote on either Plum or Chesskid seeing as they already have some pressure. But I went with my top suspect for a reason. I'd rather not abandon that right away.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Sotty, what's your interpretation of this post?
The set up speculation looks strong in that he knows of the theme. If that is the case I'm sure not how he seems to be the only one who doesn't agree that disappeared fits the theme for a scum kill. I guess we could all be wrong, but when I read the flavor and saw disappeared v garroted I thought it was clear.

The Rufflig, is the speculation on the flavor the only reason for voting Chess? What do you think about his case on Camn and the exchange they are having? Reads on Plum, tajo and Spy?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:55 am

Post by SpyreX »

Sans the golden four of (Tajo / Oj / Plum / Nacho) (and I'm assuming you KNOW I think Jack is still scum yo)... no?

Lets say those five were all dead and by some miracle the game was still going (I.e. Camn / Chess / The Ruffing / SpyreX) as it sits RIGHT NOW I'd probably vote Chess by a small margin over camn.
Show

Proud member of BaM
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by camn »

This day needs more Plum and Jack.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by populartajo »

ok lets do this the ol fashioned way

towni (will prob reevaluate for odds of sk in the mix)
chesskid3
Jack
SpyreX

dammit unreadable zone
Sotty7 (replaces Ojanen) - last post was good though
The Rufflig - debating wether this guy is just obnoxious townie or a very bold scum.

could be scum but need more reread
Camn
Plum

scumzorz
Nachomamma8

Vote: Nachomamma8
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by populartajo »

aditional notes that do not explain my reads:

bulbasaur needs to calm the fuck down

and ojanen, my friend, you are prob not reading this, but I sincerely wish things get better for you.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by populartajo »

now as for some reasoning
Zorblag wrote: EtherealCookie: 7:
populartajo (19), SpyreX (26), Jack (28), Zang (31)
, Plum (33),
Fate (36)
, Camn (37)
Hiraki: 2: Ojanen (29), chesskid3 (32)
SpyreX: 1: Nachomamma8 (16)
Jack: 1: EtherealCookie (23)
Fate: 1: The Rufflig (27)
one of plum and camn is scum, if not both. spy reaks of town for some of his analysis and his stuboorness. jack is gut for some one liners.

there is also at least one scum lurking and yes this makes me a hypocrite (and you are free to make cases about me prioritizing other stuff) but thats how thing works when all scumzors are alive. Im thinking stratgical posters like plum and nacho, maybe maybe jack.

between chess and camn, chesskid screams genuine town while camn feels more fabricated. Chess is a very solid read, i dont think his scumteam would have killed fate. I agree with a lot of his reasoning. (sheeping rufflig, voting nacho from the go). Also this:
camn wrote:I am not against this lynch.. but I think the wagon is moving a bit fast. I want more meat in day 1 discussion. You know as well as I do it can be a gold mine. But this so far looks like tons of filler.
camn wrote:In other news... This cookie wagon is still too fast.
camn wrote:That said.. lets see the flip. Sometimes a quickwagon IS useful. And that 'defense' was anything but.
wtf happened between these three quotes (the first one the 19th, the last ones from the 20th) to make you hammer Ethereal?

im debating wether rufflig is onboxious townie or some kind of scumzor with some couching. and ive seen some poeple think he is obvtown, please help me here, spy, chess?
Call me Tajo.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”