Mini 1102 - Rivertown Mafia (Game Over!)

chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:19 pm

Post by chamber »

@Furcolow
Why do you have a town read on sorasgoof?
Taking a break from the site.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:11 am

Post by el simo »

sorasgoof wrote:EBWOP: Maybe I should look for bad bandwagons as a starting place for finding scum based on my own definition which I've put into concrete words for the first time just now. :D
See, I'm not asking these questions just because I find it fun. You pretty much just realised what I was expecting to tell you.

Speaking of analysing bandwagons:

Thirdkoopa's latest post isn't all that cool with me. I understand if he'd just be repeating information but he could at least try to input his opinion into an ongoing discussion, or try to provoke some himself rather than just reacting to the situation. Instead he asks for a summary and places a vote in the latest hoo haa wagon. Scum points for koopa.

As for that summary: they are saying that my reaction to being called out on my random vote shows that I have something to hide. My defence is that they were wrong and I had to defend myself.

Essentially they are saying had I admitted that I was wrong and they were right I wouldn't be scummy. The fact that I wasn't wrong and they weren't right makes this difficult for me to do.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:12 am

Post by el simo »

Um slightly pissed not sure how coherent that was.
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:24 am

Post by Umbrage »

@ Thirdkoopa: See #156 for the basics of my case against el simo.

Furcolow is scummy because he magically knew el simo was town and I was scum who attacked him. el simo is also scummy for being passive-aggressive towards me. Either you think I'm scum or I'm not, don't just bandwagon me whenever there's a wagon to jump on.

@ ortiz: You are wrong about those quotes. Read them carefully.

@ el simo: You are still making this about the fact that you bandwagoned, but that's not a part of my case since I find it a null tell. I am concerned with your misrepresentation of events.

@ chamber: Either make a proper case on me or get off my wagon. And I mean a case laid out in a single post. Reading your ISO is like wading through a swamp.

Cyberbob is the only person I'm sure is town at this point.
el simo wrote:1. Umbrage there are those two questions but that doesn't take out the three decisions you make while you vote. No matter how you do it you still have to decide if you are going to vote, who you are going to vote and how serious it is, I'll give you that order doesn't matter, but you still make those three decisions. There is no skipping it. It doesn't make sense that vote someone you want to lynch with out having decided who it is, you don't target someone you find very suspicious with out deciding whether he warrants a vote or not. These decisions have to be there otherwise it doesn't make sense. At best you can skip the seriousness of it but that isn't recommended for good town play.

2. I'm over reacting? I'm being wagoned (or was) because you claimed my vote wasn't random, despite it being so. You understand from my point of view, you're the one over reacting? You want to lynch me because you think my random vote wasn't random? Good luck with that.

3. No I voted you when I thought you were purposely taking my quotes out of context to show me in a scummy manner, I unvoted you when I realized you were claiming not to understand what I was saying. <- Not OMGUS.
1. Putting the decisions in a different order doesn't make sense in your defence. You are saying you decided to bandwagon me THEN you RANDOMLY decided to vote me? This is getting more ridiculous with each post.

2. Again, a straw man. I'm not even going to respond to this.

3. I still don't see the difference. Either way, in your mind those quotes are still out of context. My post hasn't changed. The only difference is in your perception of the post. When you viewed it as a threat, you voted me. When you thought otherwise, you unvoted.
Furcolow wrote:i'd vote him, and i haven't even read yet (umbrage)
I can't believe nobody's made a stink of this yet.
Furcolow wrote:saying not random voting is scummy isn't scummy, but saying it the way you said it here just sounds like you're trying to be cute as scum
HOW? Explain.
Furcolow wrote:thadmiral came in and "voted randomly" you say here... the previous 3 votes HAD BEEN ON YOU, whereas he voted for someone other than you... and he makes your scumlist...

what made you put him on your scumlist in this post #55? I feel this is distancing, umbrage.
Sorry, what? I explained that post before in #109.
Furcolow wrote:No. I like bandwagons as town. The person who earns my FoS the most is not El Simo, but thadmiral for deterring the wagon by placing a RVS on someone. Why not bandwagon at that point?

Hell, it was so obvious umbrage is probably willing to throw him under the bus!
Why not bandwagon? Why bandwagon in the first place? Just because somebody has a different outlook on bandwagons doesn't mean they're scum.
Furcolow wrote:I disagree. This game has been a really easy read for me up until this point as a result of everyone's familiarity, and the fact people aren't wall-posting. Really, really easy for me to ferret out who aren't acting kosher. I had negative vibes from you before even reading, and seeing back, I can see why you're flailing and neck-high in water.
There is so much wrong here... OK, first off, NOT everyone is familiar with one another. This is my first game outside the newbie queue FYI. Also, a lot of people prefer wall of text's instead of a lot of little posts, it's not just me. And I don't see how that makes me scummy. Finally, how did you get 'negative vibes' from me before reading the game? Oh right, I was attacking el simo, which obviously makes me scum.
Furcolow wrote:post feels like you have more information than i do
How the fuck have I implied scum knowledge by saying somebody looks town?
Furcolow wrote:geez el simo is good
he has already pegged the same two guys
and i thought i was a good player
I think I might vomit. Why don't you two just get a room already?
Furcolow wrote:ive done that on my alt
i dont do that on this
this is my VI account
get over itp
I don't know what this means but if you are intentionally playing badly just for the fun of it you piece of shit, you deserve to be banned from this site for all eternity.

Tell me if there's something I missed.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:44 am

Post by chamber »

Umbrage wrote: @ chamber: Either make a proper case on me or get off my wagon. And I mean a case laid out in a single post. Reading your ISO is like wading through a swamp.
The type of 'proper case' you seem to want is incredibly anti-town, so there is no way I'm giving you one. My ISO is likely a faster read than yours, you can deal with reading it. A bunch on 1 liners >>>>> walls of text. Add this ultimatum to the list of things that make you scummy.
ortiz1193
ortiz1193
Goon
ortiz1193
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:17 am

Post by ortiz1193 »

Everyone else wrote:
vote Umbrage
Cyberbob wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Furcolow
Umbrage wrote:Cyberbob is the only person I'm sure is town at this point.
...:|

Cyberbob has done nothing but RVS, defend his RVS, and complain about our posting styles. How could you possibly have a town read on him? Especially a "sure" one?

Cyberbob: Policy vote on Furcolow, or do you think he's scum?
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Umbrage »

I'm pretty sure Cyberbob is town because he's very detached and analytical. He hasn't bandwagoned anyone so far.

@ chamber: Clarify. Why is making a list of reasons for voting somebody anti-town? Why is making a long post anti-town?
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:35 am

Post by el simo »

Umbrage wrote:@ el simo: You are still making this about the fact that you bandwagoned, but that's not a part of my case since I find it a null tell. I am concerned with your misrepresentation of events.
el simo wrote:As for that summary: they are saying that my reaction to being called out on my random vote shows that I have something to hide.
orly

Umbrage wrote:1. Putting the decisions in a different order doesn't make sense in your defence. You are saying you decided to bandwagon me THEN you RANDOMLY decided to vote me? This is getting more ridiculous with each post.
I wasn't saying it did I was just explaining how it doesn't matter because you still have to make these three decisions when voting.
Umbrage wrote:2. Again, a straw man. I'm not even going to respond to this.
What else can I say, you're claiming my reaction is scummy, this is just a stupid accusation.

You said I lied.

I said I didn't.

Now I'm scum.

What did you expect me to do when you called me out of lying? Bow down and praise? I wasn't lying and I wasn't going to let you with claiming I did, so what do you do but turn it around and say THAT is why I'm scummy.
Umbrage wrote:3. I still don't see the difference. Either way, in your mind those quotes are still out of context. My post hasn't changed. The only difference is in your perception of the post. When you viewed it as a threat, you voted me. When you thought otherwise, you unvoted.
You don't see the difference? What between purposely misrepresenting something and just not understanding? Well one means you specifically butchered those quotes ignoring my already given explanations of them to try and present me to the town in a scummy light and the other means that you actually didn't understand what I was saying. There is a pretty big difference and none of it has to do with how you are a threat. That post damned yourself more than anything because it showed the town how desperate you are to try and make this case work.

I want to requote something I wrote last night because I reckon it's a good explanation of what is going on, it's surprising the epiphanies you can have after a few too many.
el simo wrote:Essentially they are saying had I admitted that I was wrong and they were right I wouldn't be scummy. The fact that I wasn't wrong and they weren't right makes this difficult for me to do.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:37 am

Post by el simo »

Well done guys tell Cyberbob he is looking very townie, that will definitely make him stop what he is doing and post more!
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:57 am

Post by diddin »

Votecount

ortiz1193 (1) TheLonging
el simo (3) Umbrage, ThAdmiral, Olinea
ThAdmiral (0)
Furcolow (1) Cyberbob
Umbrage (5) chamber, Furcolow, ortiz1193, el simo, Thirdkoopa
chamber (0)
sorasgoof (0)
Nicodemus (0)
Olinea (0)
Cyberbob (0)
Thirdkoopa (0)
TheLonging (0)
Not Voting (2)Nicodemus, Sorasgoof

It is now day one. With 12 Alive, it takes 7 to lynch and 6 to no lynch. Deadline is Wednesday, January 5 at 10:41 AM Central Time.

InflatablePie replaces Nicodemus, who hasn't even picked up his prod.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

ortiz1193 wrote:Cyberbob has done nothing but RVS, defend his RVS, and complain about our posting styles.
My first vote was not ~RVS~ sorry
ortiz1193 wrote:Cyberbob: Policy vote on Furcolow, or do you think he's scum?
Bit of both. Hiding behind a self-ascribed VI meta is something scum would love to be able to get away with.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by el simo »

Yeah well check his record, he hasn't got away with it.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

el simo wrote:Yeah well check his record, he hasn't got away with it.
Good. I intend not to let him start.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by el simo »

Cyberbob wrote:
And I'll
vote: Cyberbob
for evoking stupid anti town policy lynches.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by el simo »

Not to mention that Furcolow is obv easy mislynch scum seeing as the large majority of this site associates inability with scuminess.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

el simo wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:
And I'll
sorry but having someone deliberately posting like a retard is one of the worst things for the town lol if you don't see why
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by el simo »

It's the worst thing for the town because he is an easy mislynch. I haven't read a game of Furcolows where he hasn't had his wagon pushed by scum. When he does something legitimately scummy I will have no problem voting him off, but I'm not voting because he is a bad player and I'm not letting you deceive the town into doing it either.

You lynch scummy players because they are scummy, not players who aren't good at playing because they can't play.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Cyberbob wrote:
el simo wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:
And I'll
sorry but having someone deliberately posting like a retard is one of the worst things for the town lol if you don't see why
I'm sorry? Try to be a little more tactful. I have no interest in playing with someone spouting off slurs.
el simo wrote:
Umbrage wrote:1. Putting the decisions in a different order doesn't make sense in your defence. You are saying you decided to bandwagon me THEN you RANDOMLY decided to vote me? This is getting more ridiculous with each post.
I wasn't saying it did I was just explaining how it doesn't matter because you still have to make these three decisions when voting.
What was your thought process for the vote? I still don't see how it can be random AND an intentional bandwagon.
el simo wrote:
Umbrage wrote:2. Again, a straw man. I'm not even going to respond to this.
What else can I say, you're claiming my reaction is scummy, this is just a stupid accusation.

You said I lied.

I said I didn't.

Now I'm scum.

What did you expect me to do when you called me out of lying? Bow down and praise? I wasn't lying and I wasn't going to let you with claiming I did, so what do you do but turn it around and say THAT is why I'm scummy.
You called a bandwagoning vote random, then claimed it was both, which makes absolutely no sense. You became increasingly inscrutable. You were under no suspicion when the issue came up; nobody thought that lying that situation was scummy. But you started churning out bullshit anyway.
el simo wrote:
Umbrage wrote:3. I still don't see the difference. Either way, in your mind those quotes are still out of context. My post hasn't changed. The only difference is in your perception of the post. When you viewed it as a threat, you voted me. When you thought otherwise, you unvoted.
You don't see the difference? What between purposely misrepresenting something and just not understanding? Well one means you specifically butchered those quotes ignoring my already given explanations of them to try and present me to the town in a scummy light and the other means that you actually didn't understand what I was saying. There is a pretty big difference and none of it has to do with how you are a threat. That post damned yourself more than anything because it showed the town how desperate you are to try and make this case work.
I did that to show how ridiculous your arguments have become. If you feel some quotes have been misrepresented, feel free to point out which ones and how. Trying to slander me by making me appear either scummy or clueless is anti-town.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by chamber »

@Umbrage
I'm not going to argue theory with you. You are wrong, but you can learn that by reading MD or something. Until then I wont hold you being wrong against you.

I really don't understand your inability understand that 'random' doesn't actually mean random.

@el simo
Why do you feel like furcolow is an easy lynch? He doesn't look like it at all to me.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by el simo »

chamber wrote:
@el simo
Why do you feel like furcolow is an easy lynch? He doesn't look like it at all to me.
Because as soon as someone votes him he will reply with a wave of OMGUS which someone else will think is a scum tell and will vote him and then he will start complaining about how he should be replaced or how he should be mod killed or how it's all unfair or how he is going to vote himself or AoE the hell out of us and then someone will decided this is a scum tell and vote him for that and then you have genius' like Cyberbob who will push policy lynches on him because he doesn't present his cases in the most coherent sentences and then next thing we know we will have lynch of someone who actually hasn't done anything scummy.

It happens every game. Literally, if he isn't shot at night he goes down in a ball fire, guns blazing at everyone after scum decided to push his wagon off a cliff. He is like a magnet for them.

Furcolow is the burly that chums the waters mafia swim in.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by el simo »

Umbrage wrote:What was your thought process for the vote? I still don't see how it can be random AND an intentional bandwagon.
We are going in circles, if you haven't understood my many illustrations and explanations then there isn't much I can do about it. I decided randomly to vote, disregarding the previous content of the game, decided a bandwagon would be good and chose you to push it on.
Umbrage wrote:You called a bandwagoning vote random, then claimed it was both, which makes absolutely no sense. You became increasingly inscrutable. You were under no suspicion when the issue came up; nobody thought that lying that situation was scummy. But you started churning out bullshit anyway.
But I wasn't lying. This post just proves my point. Had I said you were right I was lying my vote wasn't random I wouldn't be scummy. But this would mean admitting I was wrong when I wasn't. I didn't lie and so I said so and this is why you think I'm scummy. It's stupid reasoning.
Umbrage wrote:
el simo wrote:
I did that to show how ridiculous your arguments have become. If you feel some quotes have been misrepresented, feel free to point out which ones and how. Trying to slander me by making me appear either scummy or clueless is anti-town.
What you did was take old statements that we've already discussed where I have shown you how you were wrong, thrown them together, and hoped that it would fool the town into thinking that my previous explanations you decided to ignore were wrong.

I've already showed how you misrepresented the situation.

And you reply to this post will probably be something along the lines of but how can it be random and a bandwagon and then I will reply offering another explanation and then you will reply again about how it can't be random and a bandwagon and our argument will never end.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by chamber »

el simo wrote:
chamber wrote:
@el simo
Because as soon as someone votes him he will reply with a wave of OMGUS which someone else will think is a scum tell and will vote him and then he will start complaining about how he should be replaced or how he should be mod killed or how it's all unfair or how he is going to vote himself or AoE the hell out of us and then someone will decided this is a scum tell and vote him for that and then you have genius' like Cyberbob who will push policy lynches on him because he doesn't present his cases in the most coherent sentences and then next thing we know we will have lynch of someone who actually hasn't done anything scummy.

It happens every game. Literally, if he isn't shot at night he goes down in a ball fire, guns blazing at everyone after scum decided to push his wagon off a cliff. He is like a magnet for them.

Your previous post suggested you thought ScumCyberBob was on the lynch because he thought it would be easy. This one suggests you think hes on it as an earnest policy lynch. Which is it?
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:33 pm

Post by Umbrage »

el simo wrote:
chamber wrote:
@el simo

(For the record, I love this post. It's poetry.)
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by Umbrage »

chamber wrote:
@Umbrage
I'm not going to argue theory with you. You are wrong, but you can learn that by reading MD or something. Until then I wont hold you being wrong against you.
Theory is mostly opinion. It's my opinion that a few larger posts are easier to read than many smaller ones. With smaller posts without quotes, it's easy to lose track of the game. This is my opinion. You can have a different one, but you can't say I'm wrong.
chamber wrote:I really don't understand your inability understand that 'random' doesn't actually mean random.
Actually, that's kind of what it does mean. Random means random. It doesn't sometimes mean carrot.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by chamber »

'random' as used in 'random vote' doesn't mean 'random' at all.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”