Mini 1102 - Rivertown Mafia (Game Over!)

el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by el simo »

Why can't it be both? Scum can push policy lynches too.

And to answer you, if I thought his policy push was earnest my vote wouldn't be on him. Cyberbob is smarter than to waste a lynch on someone because they aren't good players.

Umbrage I think what chamber was implying is that no random vote is truly random.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by el simo »

Wait nvm I get why it can't be both now. :P
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by chamber »

el simo wrote: Because as soon as someone votes him he will reply with a wave of OMGUS which someone else will think is a scum tell and will vote him and then he will start complaining about how he should be replaced or how he should be mod killed or how it's all unfair or how he is going to vote himself or AoE the hell out of us and then someone will decided this is a scum tell and vote him for that and
then you have genius' like Cyberbob who will push policy lynches on him
because he doesn't present his cases in the most coherent sentences and then next thing we know we will have lynch of someone who actually hasn't done anything scummy.
Bold mine.

The "genius'" used there is clearly intended as a tongue and cheek attack on cyberbobs intelligence, if he's scum he wouldn't be unintelligent for pushing a policy lynch on town.
Taking a break from the site.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by el simo »

Yeah, keywords: tongue and cheek.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

diddin wrote:
InflatablePie replaces Nicodemus, who hasn't even picked up his prod.
*respectfully bows*

Hi everyone, I'm InflatablePie. Call me InflatablePie, or Pie (I prefer this), or IP. Just not Inflatable, that makes me rage for some reason. *shrug*

Anyways, I had a long post typed up that was mostly fluff anyways, plus I have had a VERY long and stressful night, so I'm not going to bother and am just going to do this:

Vote: ThirdKoopa

I have been very curious as to WHY THE FUCK HASN'T THIS LYNCH HAPPENED YET. I'm not even going to bother making a case on him right this minute, go do a PbPA on your own and tell me why you think he can't possibly be scum. I will make a case if I absolutely have to, but I'm more interested in seeing what everyone else thinks of him first. I will not settle for any other lynch candidate at this time, and if I'm wrong and he is town, feel free to lynch me tomorrow.

Also, this:

Group 1: el simo, Olinea, Furcolow
Group 2: Thirdkoopa, TheLonging
Group 3: oritz, Umbrage
Group 4: Cyberbob, sorasgoof
Group 5: chamber, TheAdmiral

In these 5 groups (and no, they are not random groups), I believe our scum are most likely in groups 2 and 4, with possible scum in 3, and each group has at least one town member in it.

If anyone has any questions, ask - I'd prefer to answer them rather than just randomly type up my thoughts anyways.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Testing this just to make sure I can post from my phone, in case something comes up due to IRL issues and I lose internet. I can read the topic okay though, so no worries there.
Figured I'd let everyone know now, and if it becomes a problem I'll replace out. Promise.

Anyways, I'm going to go to sleep now, but I expect a noose around 3K's neck by tomorrow, thanks.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

el simo wrote:And to answer you, if I thought his policy push was earnest my vote wouldn't be on him. Cyberbob is smarter than to waste a lynch on someone because they aren't good players.
Yes I am. Wasting a lynch on someone who is
deliberately
not being a good player though? I'm all for that.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Thirdkoopa
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Post by Thirdkoopa »

For the record, Pie, it's because it's hard for me to go in when... well... just look at some of the previous cases. I've read it all, sure, but I just want to get straight down to the point of why ___ is scum/town/neutral/etc. Plus I've just been having a hard time grasping thoughts with this round.

I still admittedly deserved that pressure.

Also, here's something - Elaborate on those scum groups.
Thirdkoopa
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:48 pm

Post by Thirdkoopa »

EBWOP: Also
unvote
for now. I need some time to think over this more but I'm basically torn now over this case. Furcolow for knowing a flip is town doesn't seem scummy since I've seen people jump on it more times than not.
Thirdkoopa
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:52 pm

Post by Thirdkoopa »

EPWOP Part 2 for now: Also, just another thing to cut this simple:
InflatablePie wrote:I will not settle for any other lynch candidate at this time
You post scumlists and have a lot of reads and ideas on who flips will give you, yet, you specifically go towards me.

Elaborate on this
and
your scumlist if you would.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:04 pm

Post by el simo »

Cyberbob wrote:
el simo wrote:And to answer you, if I thought his policy push was earnest my vote wouldn't be on him. Cyberbob is smarter than to waste a lynch on someone because they aren't good players.
Yes I am. Wasting a lynch on someone who is
deliberately
not being a good player though? I'm all for that.
I find it hard to believe you think he is doing this deliberately, seeing has he did a good spouting about how he really wants to improve his gameplay.

Meta him, this is how is plays, it's no coy.
ortiz1193
ortiz1193
Goon
ortiz1193
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:10 pm

Post by ortiz1193 »

Pie: Go ahead and give us the case on why TK is scum. I see his lack of pro-town vibes, but I didn't see anything that screams scum in the ISO.

The scummiest thing TK has done is unvote as soon as you pressure him like that - he majorly caved right there.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:23 pm

Post by el simo »

Yeah I struggle with the idea of a Koopa lynch. His vote was scummy and his unvote reeked, but that isn't enough for me.

What is concerning is how Ip Man pushes Koopa really hard with out giving us any reasoning and then tells us to find it ourselves. I am actually struggling to find a place to start to explain how scummy this is.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:25 pm

Post by el simo »

It's like he is trying to make us make the case for him, while he takes all the credit. It's also like he is trying to get us to read him biased wit the mind frame that he is already scum and now we need to find something to justify our thoughts. <- that isn't how you read a player. I'm staying silent Koopa from now until he posts his case.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:26 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

el simo wrote:I find it hard to believe you think he is doing this deliberately, seeing has he did a good spouting about how he really wants to improve his gameplay.

Meta him, this is how is plays, it's no coy.
Furcolow wrote:ive done that on my alt
i dont do that on this
this is my VI account
get over it
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:42 pm

Post by el simo »

Furcolow wrote:If I could play in 50 more newbie games I would. I don't know site policy on this, but I really would. I want to get better at this game in terms of posting and character/personal behavior.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:47 pm

Post by Furcolow »

chamber wrote:
@Furcolow
Why do you have a town read on sorasgoof?
I saw this and immediately wanted to respond, but wanted to make sure to see if there was anything I needed to respond to before this after my last post. Other than Umbrage's flailing all caps whinyness, there wasn't... Oh, wait, I don't really need to respond to that bullshit either.

My read on sora comes for a few reasons:
1) he is trying to teach people, and somewhat failing. leading into:
2) he is frustrated at the retardation of the town. leading into:
3) he posts very genuinely

in response to umbrage's #228:
about me explaining my read on your first post was that the way you worded it felt like you were forcing town-like behavior.
Throughout the game, I have felt your town behavior waver. I don't know if it is because you feel some weirdness with your play/inability to remain town as town, you could possibly be having a hard time in real life, or because you are scum. I am inclined to lean towards it being because you are NOT town. If you want to clarify why I am reading you as being anti-town when you are town, then please do so.

Why not bandwagon? It's not that he didn't vote you - he did. It's just why the fuck did he wait to vote you until you had been unvoted by others when he was going to vote you? He could have been the 4th voter but his cautiousness implies he is scum with you to me, or scum in general. I would almost feel more comfortable with a wagon on him, but I'm somewhat more certain you will flip scum than him.

I didn't get "negative vibes before reading the game". You were a prick from the get-go, and after reading I see why. You are pretty obviously having a different win condition than most of us, and it is causing you to flail about with your head cut off, or else you REALLY need to stick to the newbie games.

#244 if the most beautiful post I have read in my life. It is like an orgasm to my eyes.

IPie, why is ThirdKoopa scum? I could see it, but I've been reading him fairly null
I wouldn't mind a policy lynch on him simply because I can't get a read on him, and tbh Umbrage has been giving me more town-vibes as of late... and the wagon just
feels too easy
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Post by el simo »

^ Yup real VI here guys /sarcasm
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:03 pm

Post by Furcolow »

thx
doesnt mean i dont have my eye on you either el simo
i havent seen you as scum
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Post by el simo »

Nobody has, I've never been scum.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

el simo wrote:
Furcolow wrote:If I could play in 50 more newbie games I would. I don't know site policy on this, but I really would. I want to get better at this game in terms of posting and character/personal behavior.
I'd be interested to see your explanation for why he might have made the post I quoted in light of this
el simo wrote:^ Yup real VI here guys /sarcasm
hurf
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:21 pm

Post by el simo »

Because he doesn't take criticism well.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:30 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

that doesn't explain it at all sorry
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:34 pm

Post by el simo »

Why? I made a personal critique on him and he obviously didn't like this.

Again,meta him, he is prone to emotional outbreaks like that. Those kinds of posts are exactly what he is talking about in that statement I quoted.
el simo wrote:
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:34 pm

Post by el simo »

Now how about you explain his amazing lack of idiocy.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”