UnofficialRulerOfEveryone (0) -

Parama (1) -
EtherealCookie

Implosion (0) -

EtherealCookie (2) -
Narsis, I Am Innocent

Saint (0) -

Not Voting (12) -
LynchMePls, TheLonging, Helghast, implosion, SnakePlissken, UnofficialRulerOfEveryone, WrathChild, quadz08, chkflip, MagnaOfIllusion, q21, themanhimself

With 24 Alive, it takes 13 to lynch.
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by diddin »

Saint wrote:you won't be able to give it away unless you are scum
scum will totally kill you if you are town to get rid of that ability
ummmmmmmmm if I died wouldn't the ability still be passed off?

derp derp derp
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Uhh. No, it wouldn't, derp derp derp.
Did you not read the action resolution thingie? Kills come before ability pass offs.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by implosion »

@themanhimself, yeah, I did notice TL's number being used in flavor, but I doubt it means anything.
Saint wrote:@implosion DO NOT say who you are passing your ability to, because I don't want you to cop out.
I wasn't planning to.
diddin wrote:I shouldn't shoot the stump today. We use my kill today like a second lynch, the player with the stump power passes it on to the scummiest player, AS DECIDED BEFOREHAND by us. Then, tomorrow, the person I give my vigging power to can kill the player with the tree stump ability, taking care of two birds with one stone.
Nah. I've come to the decision that it really isn't going to help much giving a predetermined target to pass my ability to, especially since it's only one ability. I'll pass it, probably but not necessarily to someone I think is scummy, and if the transfer is uninterrupted then the ability will be confirmed. Giving a predetermined target, or any info for that matter about the target that I'm going to pass to, just allows any mafia with the ability to manipulate cycling to cause confusion.
quadz08 wrote:
implosion wrote:Nullread after Parama has done so much seems a little strange to me.
Why does amount of posts mean you have to have a read on someone? That makes no sense.
Not amount of posts. Amount of action. Parama has been involved in the first kill of the game, justified who he sent his ability to, etc. IMO, looking at those justifications and the person he decided to send the virus to should provide enough information for a non-null read, or at least some kind of opinion.
quadz08 wrote:WHOA. Nero Cain, MAJOR FoS. You called out CKD on posting fluff in your 3rd post; however, your 4 total posts contain pretty much nothing EXCEPT for that vote, in fact. No bueno, my friend.
This is notable and true. 240 as a whole is a nice post as well.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by diddin »

Never mind then. Still works if there is a doc or something on me though.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:46 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

AntB wrote:So your telling me in a game where any alignment can get any ability, we can figure out someones alignment from their role.
Did you read/understand what I put or did you autopilot?
I first red that as "It doesn't matter which faction controls witch role"
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:46 am

Post by AntB »

Saint wrote:p.s. I would also be happy voting EC or AntB
Your happy to vote me, yet have made no mention of me or aired any suspicions? The post I've quoted is the only one that contains my name in it.
FoS Saint
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:40 am

Post by WrathChild »

Saint wrote:your activity level is definitely adequate
read narsis or helghast in iso
there are two players who have YET TO POST
mafiascum deadlines are different than teamliquid or most other mafia websites in that the cycles last FOREVER

basically, take your time, wrathchild. Considering the terminology that you're using, though, I would ask for you to discontinue playing the noob card. Thanks in advance!
My point was trying to clarify that I am NOT playing the NOOB card, I feel Dirdden preceived it that way, so I clarified.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:47 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

diddin wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:also was getting ready to unvote, but I dont think diddin ever addressed my vote.

@Diddin, did you every explain why unvoting and not revoting is scummy?..do you have a game that you saw wscum do this?
It's scummy because it shows a player is not putting a vote where there mouth is. Unless it's close to or the hammer, it's scummy to talk a lot about someone being scum but unvoting and not revoting.
am I missing something..did he say he thought someone else is scummy am I am missing it?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:22 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Just getting back from out of town and everything, but I'll be ready to go tonight.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

Unless there are protective roles, or trackers, or mafia don't shoot him just because of aforementioned worry. I say it's well worth a shot since implosion seems protown atm if anything.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:22 am

Post by themanhimself »

popsofctown wrote:
Unless there are protective roles, or trackers, or mafia don't shoot him just because of aforementioned worry. I say it's well worth a shot since implosion seems protown atm if anything.
I agree
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by LimMePls »

I haven't forgotten about this game, but the wifi at my inlaws that I used to bum from a surrounding neighbor is no longer available. I do not have the time to catchup on 12 pages.

@Mod: Gonna need V/LA until next monday. If you feel you need to replace me, I understand. When I signed up for this game I didn't realize it would be starting so close to the holiday.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:29 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

chkflip 176 wrote:- Just off the top of my brain, I'd think that you'd know more about the more, erm, ostentacious roles in the game just judging by the length of time you've spent on this site.
Why are you answering for implosion?

---
pops 188 wrote:And also, I'd like Diddin to live so he can use those daykills. But Diddin. The daykills give us NO info about your alignment.
This goes without saying, but he's going to have to pass it tonight anyways. I'd just as soon prefer him not to use it, although I guess having it around wouldn't be too bad as long as he gives it to me, you, theman, Parama, or someone else who I feel pretty good about at the moment. I don't intend to make a huge list, but you get the idea. Eh, I'm torn. I don't think Diddin is town, but I guess you're right about not wanting to lose the power either.
pops 188 wrote:@RC: I'm mad @ u. Your playstyle seems more and more unreadable everytime I play with you.
That's okay because I'm town. :D

---
Longing 197 wrote:what are some topics I can comment on?
Instead of asking pops what you should be doing, why don't you you read the game for yourself? You're not in any danger of being replaced or anything. This is a weird comment.

---
Saint 199 wrote:RedCoyote's #84 is both scummy and lacking direction.
It was still a pretty early stage in the game, and I didn't really want to change my vote at that point. I can see where you're coming from with a lack of direction because I haven't been actively pushing a lynch before diddin, but is there anything specific you think I've been unclear on?
Saint 199 wrote:In his #23 in iso, "diddin is scummy" into him coaching diddin, and a cute comment about how RC is "hard to read"... not for me... I've seen RC as town in a game, and this isn't how he plays. On top of that, your speculation towards him seems forced.
Meta arguments are substantially weaker the fewer number of times you've played with the person. Given that the game we played together in (the
only
game we played together in) isn't even finished yet, I'd hardly consider it wise to act as through you're some sort of authority on me and my playstyle.

As far as your case against pops, I'm not prepared to join you. I've never liked the whole, "every post player X made is scummy" approach, and this game is no exception. You're trying too hard. Reasonable players don't think in those terms. pops may very well be scum, but you can't tell me every post he's made is scummy. Those are two very different things, and it really weakens your case.

---
EC 200 wrote:Of course, he probably never thought Muh was scummy. Just a crappy excuse to get someone killed.
I don't know why you refuse to back down from this. It was clear that the ability had to be passed. It was an ability that was going to kill someone sooner rather than later given the low amount of posts needed to trigger it and the high amount of players. While it may be true that you couldn't get a good scummy read on Muh that early in the game, you can't tell me you were sure he was town either.

---
AntB 237 wrote:The best way I believe for implosion to prove he is a treestump is to hammer someone. We see the vote, the mod would ignore it, meaning no hammer. Quick, dirty, doesn't waste a lynch.
I'm down with this.
AntB 242 wrote:Time to turn up the heat I think. VOTE: VOTE: AE8363413
Are you going to vote like this the whole game? Is this just to be different? Because I don't really want to have to go check back everytime you vote.

---
theman 257 wrote:I don't like the pressure that diddin is putting on the town here. It sounds like he's itching to use his dayvig power, which makes me wonder why.
I've noticed this as well, and it makes me more nervous. I don't like having diddin's finger on the trigger.
theman 258 wrote:Has anyone else noticed and/or wondered about the significance of this?
I didn't notice that. It may be something, but there's no sense speculating about it if you're town. I'm not sure why you would bring it up.

---

Unvote
because pops (and a few others) are right that we really need to try and defend this ability the best we can. Town can generally only benefit from a day kill that is controlled by the community-at-large, regardless of how successful we are with it.

I'm going to go back to my
vote: Helghast
. I think this is a good lynch for today, and I don't think any other wagon (sans possibly EC) is really gaining any steam. He starts off by asking Parama to expand on his ability. Frankly, it reads more defensive than anything else to me. If it's not defensive then I read it as somewhat of a silly question anyways. Later he kind of drops the Parama situation altogether, which was a weird transition for a player who had, until that point, been focused 100% on Parama's ability. The rest of his posts have mostly been one liners that have given us nothing to go on. He hasn't voted, he hasn't "FoS'd" anyone, and he hasn't really given us any decent reads at all. He's just drifting by unaccounted for. Bottom line, when I read Helghast's posts I don't see them as a townie who is genuinely trying to scumhunt.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:10 pm

Post by Saint »

diddin wrote:Never mind then. Still works if there is a doc or something on me though.
No doc is going to protect you
if a doc would protect you he is an idiot
The town is going to vote on who you shoot if I have any say about it
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:11 pm

Post by Saint »

AntB wrote:
Your happy to vote me, yet have made no mention of me or aired any suspicions? The post I've quoted is the only one that contains my name in it.
FoS Saint
FoS me for me being willing to lynch you?
Isn't that similar to OMGUS a little bit?
you're a great player!
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by Saint »

Well, RC, I like your responses. Very valid.
I do have limited meta on you.
I'm glad you admit your post lacked direction.
I'd like to see a list of people you find scummy.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:32 am

Post by AntB »

@RC
Just going with the flavour, but I'll vote "normal" if its going to bug people that much.

@Saint
You willing to lynch me, despite never mentioning me before that post. I don't like that you just called me out like that without provocation and more impotently, without evidence. Why me specifically? How do you get that "[I'm] a great player"? There is practically no usable meta on me unless you've been through me active games, which would suggest you either already have suspicions or are basing your voting strategies based primarily on meta.

Also, I would like whoever you are to post without Vi's help on this one please.
Show

G+
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:04 am

AntB wrote: @Saint
You willing to lynch me, despite never mentioning me before that post. I don't like that you just called me out like that without provocation and more impotently, without evidence. Why me specifically? How do you get that "[I'm] a great player"? There is practically no usable meta on me unless you've been through me active games, which would suggest you either already have suspicions or are basing your voting strategies based primarily on meta.

Also, I would like whoever you are to post without Vi's help on this one please.
who cares if he never mentioned you before?...he thought you did something scummy and said he had a vibe...we are still in day 1...all anyone really has are vibes....explain to me exactly what is scummy about this.

also, why do you not want Vi's input?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:21 am

Post by AntB »

He hasn't even mentioned vibes yet, it was a straight and simple
First mention of me in any one his posts. Nothing about scummy or vibes. I haven't specifically called it out as scummy, just something which has raised my suspicions of him slightly more.
He says my FoS seems a bit OMGUS to him then he makes an AtE by saying "[I'm] a great player". Seems a bit odd to dismiss my FoS as OMGUS then trying to get on my good side...

The reason for not wanting Vi's input for this one as the guy evidently needs a hand standing on his own two feet in Mafia, hence the hydra with Vi. I am assuming that post was made without Vi's input (its seems slightly out of place to the others) so I want him to explain himself without a helping hand.
Show

G+
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:19 am

AntB wrote:He hasn't even mentioned vibes yet, it was a straight and simple
First mention of me in any one his posts. Nothing about scummy or vibes. I haven't specifically called it out as scummy, just something which has raised my suspicions of him slightly more.
He says my FoS seems a bit OMGUS to him then he makes an AtE by saying "[I'm] a great player". Seems a bit odd to dismiss my FoS as OMGUS then trying to get on my good side...

The reason for not wanting Vi's input for this one as the guy evidently needs a hand standing on his own two feet in Mafia, hence the hydra with Vi. I am assuming that post was made without Vi's input (its seems slightly out of place to the others) so I want him to explain himself without a helping hand.
you havent explained what is exactly scummy (or "raises your suspicion") in mentioning he would have no problem voting you..have you played with Vi before?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:22 am

Post by themanhimself »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
AntB wrote: @Saint

who cares if he never mentioned you before?...he thought you did something scummy and said he had a vibe...we are still in day 1...all anyone really has are vibes....explain to me exactly what is scummy about this.

also, why do you not want Vi's input?
I actually agree with AntB here, Saint has pointed the finger at a ton of people but never AntB so this seems kinda sudden to me. I don't like when players just go off of anything suspicious they see on anyone without firmly sticking to case. It seems to me like throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks and then running with it which is essentially a mislynch strategy.
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:57 am

Post by AntB »

I haven't actually played with Vi but I am well aware of her reputation and ability. If I was to just say, completely at random I want you lynched, provided I have made no evidence, pointed no fingers and as such have otherwise ignored you, you wouldn't find that suspicious?

To clarify once again:
Saint has made absolutely NO mention of me in any post prior to the one I quoted, raise no suspicions, reported no "scum" vibes, made absolutely no comment on me at all, then comes out with "I would be happy voting EC or AntB". This is his first mention of me and he states he would be happy voting for me. His response on being challenged about it is AtE.

So either:
Vi has told him to watch me and slipped up in doing so - doubtful as I'm pretty much an unknown so far on site.
OR
He slipped up, badly.
Show

G+
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

RedCoyote wrote:
pops 188 wrote:@RC: I'm mad @ u. Your playstyle seems more and more unreadable everytime I play with you.
That's okay because I'm town. :D
I need a read no matter what your faction is. I get the feeling you're one of those fellows that extensively uses the preview button with every alignment, making every alignment hard to read.
RedCoyote wrote:
Longing 197 wrote:what are some topics I can comment on?
Instead of asking pops what you should be doing, why don't you you read the game for yourself? You're not in any danger of being replaced or anything. This is a weird comment.
[/quote]
Actually his post implies that he read the entire game and has nothing to say. That's normal, nothing scummy jumps out at you when you already know who the scum are.
red wrote:
AntB 237 wrote:The best way I believe for implosion to prove he is a treestump is to hammer someone. We see the vote, the mod would ignore it, meaning no hammer. Quick, dirty, doesn't waste a lynch.
I'm down with this.
L-1->Claim->Treestump Hammer->Diddin shoots claimant unless claim is epic. Should be procedure for first L-1 today.
[quote="RC]
AntB 242 wrote:Time to turn up the heat I think. VOTE: VOTE: AE8363413
Are you going to vote like this the whole game? Is this just to be different? Because I don't really want to have to go check back everytime you vote.
[/quote]
Yeah, for a mini the flavor thingie would be cute enough but this game is stressful... quickhammering nonsense seems the only use of the voting option.
RC wrote:
theman 257 wrote:I don't like the pressure that diddin is putting on the town here. It sounds like he's itching to use his dayvig power, which makes me wonder why.
I've noticed this as well, and it makes me more nervous. I don't like having diddin's finger on the trigger.
Use it or lose it. He wants his shot to be democratically executed today before the power is possibly lost tonight. As town he ought to want it to get used today. I don't see why people are acting suspicious of diddin based on how he has handled his dayvig ability because it's been appropriate in every way, not fullclaiming, making it democratic so it's an extra lynch, all that.

not done posting but i got to cut of. my A is L because of my V
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”