Mini 1102 - Rivertown Mafia (Game Over!)

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:15 am

Post by InflatablePie »

3K, your unvote also came right after you got a vote placed on you. Despite what you say, for the rest of us (or at least me), that seems majorly defensive/scummy.
Thirdkoopa wrote:While it's nice, I want elaborations on the people and groups you posted specifically.
Each player in each group shares a common trait. They each have some sort of relationship to each other or have similar views. Scum typically don't want to be seen acting too similar to a scummate, so they try and distance themselves from their team, for the most part. In my experience, at least one player in a three-person scumteam will distance themselves as much as possible from the rest of the team. (if we have two mafia, they definitely don't want to be linked together in any way).

By grouping together those who act similar, by their views, votes or other traits, we can sort out the most likely possible scumteams and go from there. Typically, this type of analysis is done after a mafia flip, but I'm getting a headstart on it.
Thirdkoopa wrote:I used this
IN-CASE
someone called me out on this. This way NOT to make myself appear more Town or anything. This was to cover the lurking habit. I should have cleared that up.

Are you seriously just saying I should wait until someone calls me out on it for me to clear that up? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Yes. It's better than being overly defensive about something not mentioned. If you were town and were called out for lurking in this manner, you should not care... as long as you're telling the truth. Scum have more of a reason to be over-defensive than town.
I was just trying to gain info for future reads. Admittedly, I planned to go further with the case, but once I came back to find four new pages I generally figured nobody would care.
Then please, go further.
You realized nobody else even said this and he was at L-2... right? Anyone remember that one lynch on SHM5 where Shado came in and didn't know it was L-1? It's called being cautious. Nobody else was doing it.
Caution is a scumtell.
It never goes anywhere because of the whole habit I have when everyone's already jumping on other cases. I get the thought narrowed down in my mind that people won't care when in reality it does help us.
This is bullshit. Make your case. Any case you make helps the town - by not making a case and sitting back, you are being strictly
anti-town
. You even realize you're doing this and refuse to go any further with your cases? You're knowingly being anti-town?

I'm actually starting to wonder if this is scum reverse psychology, because usually I'd think scum wouldn't be so stupid to admit they were lurking or being anti-town on purpose. =/
Thirdkoopa wrote:I posted three times because I couldn't edit and meant to put it all in one post. And wow, he's trying to be active now! Thus he must be scum, right guys?! RIGHT?
Compared to your previous activity, being this active after someone begins to give you heat for it IS a bit scummy, yes.
On top of the groups thing, why don't you elaborate on more cases?
You mean, post cases on other people besides you? In due time.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Umbrage »

MAN I missed a lot! I'll probably go and respond to everything later, but there's a couple things I want to get off my chest first:

1. This is supposed to be a civil game. I don't give a shit about swearing, but ad hominem attacks and slurs have no place here. (I'm looking at you, Furcolow.) I don't want to see the word 'retard' or any deviation of it. It is both offensive and low-class.

2. The most likely scum 'team' for me is still el simo and Furcolow. Furcolow admits to being a VI, which means he is really not a VI, which means he is pretending to be a VI. The only good reason I could see for that is to excuse scummy behaviour. El simo has been defending him throughout the game. It's classic 'good cop, bad cop' theory: one scum acts out and gets the town's attention, the other stays cool and covers his ass.

3. IP makes good points. I'm still leaning towards Thirdkoopa being VI town, but I definitely have to read his ISO and the points made against him more thoroughly.

4. I'm going to have no computer access at some point today. It's only a short while until I go back to school, so if I lurk, it's because I have various RL stuff happening.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:14 am

Post by el simo »

What gets me most with TK is his sudden jump in activity level after being pressured. This means he was watching the game, which means his lack of activity was deliberate. Trying to dismiss it as a lazy D1 meta doesn't make it any less scummy. On top of that Ip Man raises good points about his attempts to look active and pro town and as I stated early his vote and unvote on Umbrage reeked of scummy intentions.

I can already see the arguments between Ip Man and 3K going in circles and they've barely started, I feel this is because 3k really doesn't have a leg to stand on in this argument.
InflatablePie wrote:Yes. It's better than being overly defensive about something not mentioned. If you were town and were called out for lurking in this manner, you should not care... as long as you're telling the truth. Scum have more of a reason to be over-defensive than town.
I agree, I always leave mafia scum open but I don't run around telling people that to cover my activity levels. And besides, this recent raise in post count of yours shows us that not only do you leave the tab open but that it is also quite likely that you sit their and read the game seeing as you were so quick to respond. I don't buy that you leave it open at all, I think you were reading the game but were just intentionally not posting. What with all the random vote and Umbrage wagon and Furcolow VI stuff, it would've made perfect sense for scum to sit on the side lines and let us duke it out.

What I was hoping to see from 3K from Ip Mans pressure was more scum hunting and less scrambling. A simple, sorry been busy here is a reread with my thoughts on case X and case Y and also I noticed this on player Z would have been suffice.

I'm perfectly content with a
vote: ThirdKoopa
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:32 am

Post by diddin »

Votecount

ortiz1193 (1) TheLonging
el simo (3) Umbrage, ThAdmiral, Olinea
ThAdmiral (0)
Furcolow (1) Cyberbob
Umbrage (3) chamber, Furcolow, ortiz1193,
chamber (0)
sorasgoof (0)
Nicodemus (0)
Olinea (0)
Cyberbob (0)
Thirdkoopa (2) InflatablePie, el simo
TheLonging (0)
Not Voting (2)Sorasgoof, Thirdkoopa

It is now day one. With 12 Alive, it takes 7 to lynch and 6 to no lynch. Deadline is Wednesday, January 5 at 10:41 AM Central Time.

I'll give ThAdmiral another day before a prod due to it being the holidays and me not immediately prodding Nico or Furc either. Olinea would also be due in a few hours but I'll give him the extra day as well.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Olinea »

Posting to avoid prod.

Reading Pie's analysis, will respond in a bit.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by Olinea »

Cyberbob is hardcore active lurking. I agree that creating a “VI” account is really not something I, or others, would favor upon since it is an attempt to intentionally ruin others’ games. However, Furcolow’s play hasn’t set off warning signs for me, it’s not VI behavior.
InflatablePie wrote:
Thirdkoopa wrote:Oh, sorry about my lurking guys. I should note for people who don't know this well that I have a habit of leaving tabs open.

For now, Chamber, mind replying to Olinea? You still have yet to do so after his post replying to you with your vote.
I'm assuming he mentions the tab thing for why someone would see his name in the Little Italy "who is online" forum. So he admits to lurking, then uses a terrible excuse as to why it may have seemed like he was online? AFAIK no one called him out for this. Overly defensive.
TK did this during SHM5. Not the explanation thing, but the “leaving tabs open” thing.
”InflatablePie” wrote:
Thirdkoopa wrote:Going to sleep soon and will try to get a reply in the morning but could we have a Vote total count right now by any chance?

I'd like to see so we don't end up hammering someone. It already feels like we've gone through so much in one day as Olinea said.
The second sentence of this just seems fake. "So we don't end up hammering someone." It's like he's trying to appear town, but not in the way that town wants to appear town. The last sentence just gives me a bad vibe - it seems hollow; doesn't have any substance. Am I the only one getting a weird vibe from this post?
Agreed that worrying about someone trying a quickhammer gambit that early in the game is a bit nonsensical.

Not seeing a full case on TK. There’s just not enough substance to go off of yet.

Oh, never mind, I just found this.
Thirdkoopa wrote:So we don't end up hammering someone
without a claim
Then he reference’s Shadow’s hammer in SHM5. The difference there is that EPM was an outed Neighbor and he had already trollclaimed Mafia Roleblocker. This does seem like a very eager attempt to end the day. Almost indicates that TK doesn’t care what someone claims as long as it’s made.
sorasgoof wrote:This whole group thing and the huge posts seem like very over the top ways of trying to make yourself look town, Pie.
You haven't explained what you find wrong with it. This is a baseless accusation.
Umbrage wrote:1. This is supposed to be a civil game. I don't give a shit about swearing, but ad hominem attacks and slurs have no place here. (I'm looking at you, Furcolow.) I don't want to see the word 'retard' or any deviation of it. It is both offensive and low-class.
Hmmm.
Umbrage wrote:
Furcolow wrote:hi
Either play this game or replace out, you useless waste of space.
Umbrage wrote:3. IP makes good points. I'm still leaning towards Thirdkoopa being VI town, but I definitely have to read his ISO and the points made against him more thoroughly.
I have seen TK’s town play and it is anything but VI behavior.

However, this behavior doesn’t quite match TK’s play in our last game. I’m not ready to start playing by meta yet (Maybe some other day) but I will keep a closer eye on him.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Hey, responding to prod. All I can say is "Christmas", and that's it.

I probably won't be able to post consistently for another week or two, but I'll try to catch up with the game and post some thoughts soon.

Ummm... I already replaced you. Is that fine? I can't really give you back your spot just like that.
Last edited by diddin on Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by el simo »

^ is he playing with us? I hadn't noticed :\
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Sorry for absence. Was unexpectedly busy last couple of days.
el simo wrote:Umbrage and Admiral are still ignoring my questions. I don't ask them because I have nothing else to do. I want answers please.
Can you please restate the questions?
Furcolow wrote:The person who earns my FoS the most is not El Simo, but thadmiral for deterring the wagon by placing a RVS on someone. Why not bandwagon at that point?
My vote wasn't random. I don't believe playing out the rvs for the rvs's sake is good play. I think the sooner a game gets out of the rvs the better. I don't think indiscriminate bandwagonning for the sake of a bandwagon is good.
Umbrage wrote:
Furcolow wrote:ive done that on my alt
i dont do that on this
this is my VI account
get over itp
I don't know what this means but if you are intentionally playing badly just for the fun of it you piece of shit, you deserve to be banned from this site for all eternity.
This comes out a bit harsh, but I agree with the spirit of it. Ever since VI's became an accepted part of mafiascum the game has become less fun/skill based imo.
Umbrage wrote:1. This is supposed to be a civil game. I don't give a shit about swearing, but ad hominem attacks and slurs have no place here. (I'm looking at you, Furcolow.) I don't want to see the word 'retard' or any deviation of it. It is both offensive and low-class.
You did call him a piece of shit.

I'm not so sure about my case on el simo anymore. His posting in the last 4 or so pages has been pretty good and has given me town-vibes. His defence of furc also strikes me as town. I can confirm that furc is like this in most games and while I don't like how he plays it still doesn't mean he should be lynched.

I don't like cyberbob (pushing furc policy lynch hard) and thirdkoopa (the weird instant unvote), but for now I will just
unvote
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Olinea wrote:Cyberbob is hardcore active lurking. I agree that creating a “VI” account is really not something I, or others, would favor upon since it is an attempt to intentionally ruin others’ games. However, Furcolow’s play hasn’t set off warning signs for me, it’s not VI behavior.
I'll need a few more posts like #266 before I'm convinced of this, but I still want an explanation from him either way of why he tried to deflect criticism in that way.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

@Olinea, Pie: This is the same thing Pie did in GHM1, if I remember correctly. I'm not saying he's scum here, but everyone went along with what he said in GHM1, and the town lost because of it (his mafia team did too, but that's not the point :D) . Link for those who weren't in the game: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopi ... 99&start=0

Point is, I just don't want people to go necessarily go along with these groups Pie has made solely because he's...made them. Those are his (valid) opinions, but people looking at these groups should take other things into account, and not take them to heart so quickly (I don't know if people have yet).
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

ThirdKoopa's List

1. ortiz1193 - Neutral
2. el simo - Town (Slight read + Gut on this)
3. ThAdmiral - Neutral
4. Furcolow - Neutral
5. Umbrage - Neutral
6. chamber - Town
7. sorasgoof - Town
8. InflatablePie - ??? (You replaced an inactive person so...)
9. Olinea - ???
10. Cyberbob - Neutral (Slight scum read but this is really gut feeling right now)
12. TheLonging - ???
You have no scum reads at all, other than one "slight scum read" based on gut? I find that hard to believe. And how do you not have any read on Pie? He's been interacting with you quite a bit. What makes you think chamber and I are more townie than anyone else? Your reads are quite similar to Furcolow's reads...

Then, we have the horrible vote on Umbrage (who, by the way, is now a neutral read for some reason), the unvote, and the subsequent burst in activity after being called out. I was already becoming suspicious of you in your ISO5, but everything since then has made you the most scummy player in the game at this point, in my opinion.
vote: Thirdkoopa
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

sorasgoof wrote:@Olinea, Pie: This is the same thing Pie did in GHM1, if I remember correctly. I'm not saying he's scum here, but everyone went along with what he said in GHM1, and the town lost because of it (his mafia team did too, but that's not the point :D) . Link for those who weren't in the game: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopi ... 99&start=0

Point is, I just don't want people to go necessarily go along with these groups Pie has made solely because he's...made them. Those are his (valid) opinions, but people looking at these groups should take other things into account, and not take them to heart so quickly (I don't know if people have yet).
I was aggressive in that game, because:
A) I had a bit of an elitist attitude being the one to attempt to start Mafia games on that forum.
B) I was dealing with mostly newbs.

P.S. - No one has to read that, that game makes me cringe re-reading it. =/

There's a difference between scummy-aggressive/manipulating and townie-aggressive/convincing. If you read my past games (both mafia and town), I'm not usually this active and to-the-point/confident. I'm trying something new this game. I don't care if people agree with my groups or not, but I do want them to agree with me when I say I'm voting for scum. I'm going to vote who I think is scum and convince everyone that I'm right, because I am. You even admit you're not sure if anyone has taken my groups to heart - no one seems to have mentioned them outside off 3K and yourself. But thanks for the support in the 3K vote.

I'm getting better reads on people now. I still suspect you, soras, and I'm suspicious of Cyberbob as well. Awaiting TL's next post so I can get a read off of him. Everyone else is a neutral/town-read (el simo and chamber are pure town reads), but if I'm wrong on one townread, it's probably oritz. Nothing concrete though, just gut.

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

EBWOP: oritz can attest to my playstyle change this game. He practically stalks my MS games. :P

Hey, if you're using meta to accuse me (or whatever you're doing), I'm going to use meta as a defense. Seems fair to me.

Thirdkoopa
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:53 pm

Post by Thirdkoopa »

On Civ IV, will respond to all points soon. I'm not a VI FYI, this is a bad habit that conducts when I'm not active in a game. This is probably one of my worst Meta's to date but hey, I completely deserve these votes for my apathy.

For the record, my "Neutral" reads lean also towards possible scum. I'm having a hard time and I'm basically on the edge Day 1 because we have no flips. Yes, call this bad reasoning, but the only alignment we all know is our own (Unless of a scum-alignment) so I'm having a hard time making a case that isn't something per say "lol, gut feeling"

Basically, it's hard for me to decide who to place in better and worse reads at this early in the game. Call it paranoia, but in this early of a stage in the game, I could see anyone that isn't me flipping Town or Scum - Doesn't this apply to anyone who's town? The more flips that happen, the more the image is painted. Umbrage
was
the most suspicious in my eyes at the time of that post. I still think he can be scum.

Hope that bit of two cents helps to clear some stuff up.
Thirdkoopa
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:10 pm

Post by Thirdkoopa »

Not gonna go over every quote but I'll break things down so I'm not a broken record.
InflatablePie wrote:3K, your unvote also came right after you got a vote placed on you. Despite what you say, for the rest of us (or at least me), that seems majorly defensive/scummy.
Thirdkoopa wrote:While it's nice, I want elaborations on the people and groups you posted specifically.
Each player in each group shares a common trait. They each have some sort of relationship to each other or have similar views. Scum typically don't want to be seen acting too similar to a scummate, so they try and distance themselves from their team, for the most part. In my experience, at least one player in a three-person scumteam will distance themselves as much as possible from the rest of the team. (if we have two mafia, they definitely don't want to be linked together in any way).

By grouping together those who act similar, by their views, votes or other traits, we can sort out the most likely possible scumteams and go from there. Typically, this type of analysis is done after a mafia flip, but I'm getting a headstart on it.
That's nice but no no no. I want you to elaborate more on the specifics. You just come in posting this and don't elaborate why you think if I flipped Scum, TL = Town.

Yes. It's better than being overly defensive about something not mentioned. If you were town and were called out for lurking in this manner, you should not care... as long as you're telling the truth. Scum have more of a reason to be over-defensive than town.
You're pointing out me for me pointing out that I'm away for a bit of time in-case anything
Caution is a scumtell.
What else do you want to explain that? It was bad wording. Misplaced wording.
This is bullshit.
Except it's not. I have paranoia. I have a lot going on in my life. I've always had paranoia. It's not even a bad habit, it's more like a disease.

Plus I was out of this game for most of the time sans the beginning.
Compared to your previous activity, being this active after someone begins to give you heat for it IS a bit scummy, yes.
"He must be scum because he can't edit a post! Get him!"

I won't go over this too much since it's just a bit of a scumtell but let me just say right now that it's more of a "I realized I should be active despite all these things going on in my life, or I should get a replacement, or see how active I can be"

I was prodded FYI. I just chose to finally make posts of content now.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:19 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

caution isn't a scumtell unless it's obvious that it's just waffling

seriously wtf do you people think (obviously not if you think caution is a bad thing)
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Thirdkoopa
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:22 pm

Post by Thirdkoopa »

sorasgoof wrote: You have no scum reads at all, other than one "slight scum read" based on gut? I find that hard to believe. And how do you not have any read on Pie? He's been interacting with you quite a bit. What makes you think chamber and I are more townie than anyone else? Your reads are quite similar to Furcolow's reads...

Then, we have the horrible vote on Umbrage (who, by the way, is now a neutral read for some reason), the unvote, and the subsequent burst in activity after being called out. I was already becoming suspicious of you in your ISO5, but everything since then has made you the most scummy player in the game at this point, in my opinion.
vote: Thirdkoopa
k i'll break this one down calmly

No scum reads at all? I said these were ones I see as more likely to be scum. Those are all slight.
I can't have a read on Pie? I said that was specifically because of the replacement. He just came in a Day ago. I'm on the fence deciding whether he's scum trying to divert everyone or just a tunneling Town. Town is leaning towards due to one of his comments saying "Hey, guys, I'll lynch myself if he flips town" but this could be sarcasm and I could just be an idiot at reading this.
You and Chamber? I find you guys more town simply because I can't really find much of a case or for that matter, anything that make sou two look scummy in a general scheme. Granted, this could easily change as the thread goes on.

Anything else?
Thirdkoopa
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:29 pm

Post by Thirdkoopa »

Olinea wrote:
Thirdkoopa wrote:So we don't end up hammering someone
without a claim
Then he reference’s Shadow’s hammer in SHM5. The difference there is that EPM was an outed Neighbor and he had already trollclaimed Mafia Roleblocker. This does seem like a very eager attempt to end the day. Almost indicates that TK doesn’t care what someone claims as long as it’s made.
Oh, that's a bad memory then. I forgot about the claim. I only remembered the quickhammer.

Basically I'm saying that I'd be willing to unvote if he wasn't online to avoid someone else logging in without seeing the vote tallies. Granted, it's not likely to happen, but it
can
happen.

Anything else I should elaborate on that part, Olinea?
Thirdkoopa
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:43 pm

Post by Thirdkoopa »

el simo wrote:Trying to dismiss it as a lazy D1 meta doesn't make it any less scummy.
Uh... This is my Meta. See post 341 for clearing everything up. The only reason I'm making these posts in separate posts is because MafiaScum won't work for me to make more quotes in my posts (apparently)
I feel this is because 3k really doesn't have a leg to stand on in this argument.
"I feel an argument is going in circles, thus it must make him scummy!"

A leg to stand on as in? I'm telling the truth here whether or not it sounds scummy. Admittedly, I'll make a few contradictions. What kind of other explanation do you want?
And besides, this recent raise in post count of yours shows us that not only do you leave the tab open
Sum it up here:
"That was then, this is now"

I'm finding myself less busy. I don't know the time IP posted it but upon checking the thread and checking new posts, I came across that and decided to explain.

Or are you saying I should have just ignored that too? That explains my sudden burst of activity regardless of alignment, you know, because people are asking me questions?
What I was hoping to see from 3K from Ip Mans pressure was more scum hunting and less scrambling.
I overreact.

I'm busy during the holiday's. I'm busy with a lot of things with life right now. Admittedly, I have bad habits in the holiday's as well (Staying up late for an example) I'm already having to reply to these at
4 AM
which ends up making me only able to reply to all these questions.

I'm done for tonight but when I can, I promise to be bringing cases I can up to the table and actually search for a few things. Pie basically showed how I dropped a few parts where I was starting off well way too easily.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by el simo »

There are only #320 posts :\

A leg to stand on as in I don't know what you real life situation is so I can't judge you on that and you going on about it doesn't help you, all that matters to me is what happens in game. If you're too busy to play replace out, don't keep answering the prods only to give us nothing. You need to stop crying about your life and start playing the game. We shouldn't have to ask you questions to get you posting, you should be taking the initiative and do some scum hunting. Regardless of your personal situation what you have done is scummy, telling us that you are busy with life might make us pity you a bit but it isn't going to make us less suspicious of you.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:11 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Cyberbob wrote:caution isn't a scumtell unless it's obvious that it's just waffling

(actual content will come later tonight)

Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:54 am

Post by Umbrage »

I REALLY don't like how fast Thirdkoopa's wagon has grown. Zero to 200 in a couple pages. I agree he's scummy, but nobody was looking at him before now.

Maybe I can explain better...

Before IP showed up, we were pretty much in a stalemate. There were a few main players like chamber, el simo, and myself who were all building cases on one another, but couldn't get enough support for a lynch. Then IP shows up and suddenly we all agree this player nobody's attacked yet is so scummy? It's the first time we've agreed on anything. sorasgoof is the most obvious example. He goes from saying we shouldn't trust IP to agreeing that Thirdkoopa is scummy. Those two last posts by him are a) wagoning the current target and b) leaving a back door open in case the tide turns. In fact, the more I think about it, the scummier he looks right now.

Hold off on 3K for now, and look at his wagon more closely. There's bound to be scum somewhere.

Unvote, vote: sorasgoof

He did the same thing to el simo earlier, then jumped off the wagon when the pressure turned on him. He's edging wagons along while keeping a low profile.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:08 am

Post by sorasgoof »

Umbrage wrote:
Unvote, vote: sorasgoof

He did the same thing to el simo earlier, then jumped off the wagon when the pressure turned on him. He's edging wagons along while keeping a low profile.
...Really, Umbrage? What pressure? That one vote? I wasn't worried about that, as evidenced by the way I treated it as a joke. Is it a bad thing I finally began to see what el simo was talking about? No. Then, based on my look at bad wagons (which I said I was going to do a while ago), I found ThirdKoopa. That, coupled with what I see as horrible made-up reads, I voted Koopa.

Maybe I should be voting you for phrasing the above to make me look scummy. I didn't "jump off the wagon," implying that I did so for no reason. There was no pressure. The el simo vote was due to a misunderstanding. The Thirdkoopa vote has completely different reasons behind it.

And is mafiascum full of people who can't read, or more accurately, can't understand writing? Umbrage, I said we shouldn't listen to Pie solely because he makes big posts/is making these groups. I went on to say that they are valid opinions, and we should take our own opinions into account (i.e. don't solely rely on Pie's stuff). So, hey, continue misrepping.

tl;dr: GTFO and lrn2rd
ortiz1193
ortiz1193
Goon
ortiz1193
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:11 am

Post by ortiz1193 »

^^good vote.

I'm content with my Umbrage vote at the moment, but TK is pretty scummy and I've had a bad feeling about Soras for a while. I'm really confident at least one of those 3 is scum. I'm gonna reread the 3 of them because I think I might prefer one of the other two lynches over Umbrage. Also, not sure what to think of CB. I get the scummiest vibe ever from him but I don't know if he's actually scum or if it's just his playstyle.

Note: Pie is not playing his scum meta at all. He could've changed, but I'm pretty convinced he's town at this point. I have a pretty good idea of what his scum meta is because I pretty much based mine off of it >_> (and I stalk his games).

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”