TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:34 am

Post by TheLonging »

I need to replace out Mod, I'm still getting beaten down with the holidays for the next couple weeks, and I'm in too many games
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:15 am

Post by The Eruci »

Replacement request acknowledged, looking for a replacement for UnofficialRulerOfEveryone as well.
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:29 am

Post by implosion »

pops 188 wrote:@RC: I'm mad @ u. Your playstyle seems more and more unreadable everytime I play with you.
That's okay because I'm town. :D
Unreadability is okay when you're town? I'll have to remember that next time I'm scum :cool:.

For people that are saying me hammering someone will prove I'm the treestump, the voteless part really isn't up for discussion...
VOTE: AntB
VOTE: themanhimself
VOTE: diddin
Etc etc. None of those will appear on the vote board. The part that people are skeptical about is the unlynchable part. I mean, I'm willing to fakehammer someone, but I don't see what it'll accomplish.

AntB/Saint stuff is interesting, AntB may have a point. Waiting on Saint's response.
popsofctown wrote:L-1->Claim->Treestump Hammer->Diddin shoots claimant unless claim is epic. Should be procedure for first L-1 today.
This is fine, although see above. We should also make sure that we still have some time left in the day when this happens for a real lynch and/or more dayvigging.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:15 am

Post by The Eruci »

Lateralus22 replaces TheLonging, effective immediately.

Just waiting to get past New Year's before starting to push activity.
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:17 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

My 2 cents...Implosion had no reason to out the power that he did other than in town interest.

Scum would know they would be a target D1/N1 based on trying to get this anti town role out of the game.

Scum would not lie about the power because they know a town would get the role and verify D2 (unless they and the power were DK'd or NK'd).

Scum Implosion would have kept this power quiet and just subtly passed it on N1.

Town Implosion would have brought this up to the group D1.

The biggest problem now though is getting rid of this power. Based on above, I don't want to get rid of this power on a player that is probably a townie. But can we afford to wait, esp if Diddin is NK'd and his power lost to the void (or whatever happens to it)?

I am sure we have some protection role(s), and I would think that they would consider protecting Diddin with a 50% to 75% likelihood.

PS - Still out of state with family for the holidays, can hopefully chip in more after the new year.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:45 am

Post by diddin »

Saint wrote:
diddin wrote:Never mind then. Still works if there is a doc or something on me though.
No doc is going to protect you
if a doc would protect you he is an idiot
The town is going to vote on who you shoot if I have any say about it
I hope to god this is Furcolow who posted this.

A doc protect would insure I pass off my dayvig power tonight. Why is a doc an idiot for protecting me?

Also we've already decided to vote on who I shoot.

The only way this makes sense is if you think I'm one-shot, in which case you're seriously blind.

pops has gotten more protown. AntB hasn't. HoSing someone for being a newb, then throwing around a ton of suspicion on Sait while keeping a vote on Narsis for voting for gut. Earlier he FoS's Saint for ...swearing and randomly posting... yeah.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by chkflip »

@RC: It just struck me as odd, you know, that someone who's been here for some time doesn't know about such an interesting role. I wasn't trying to answer for anybody, it was just something that I was making a mental note of.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by diddin »

Since I forgot before,
unvote, Vote:AntB
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by AntB »

HoS for newb and no attempt to learn or even read up on how mafia works. Pressure to read up, not my best move by a long shot but it seems to have done something.

FoS on Saint for a load of random crap and seeming trying to throw people off.
Could also be an attempt to cover up the future post saying who he's prepared to vote for, hoping we'll think Saint, skip. Scumbuddies would keep an eye on it.

2nd FoS was for randomly coming out of the blue with he'd be happy to vote me, go read through it properly and you'll see what I mean.
I'm waiting for Saint to reply before moving my vote.

Did you read why I voted for Narsis?
He bandwagon-voted EC without a single mention of EC in any of his posts. Hardly gut feeling. In fact, he did pretty much the same as Saint has done to me but actually placed his vote.
FoS didin
Mis-rep my vote as "gut" despite clear explanation in the associated post.
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

diddin wrote:
Saint wrote:
diddin wrote:Never mind then. Still works if there is a doc or something on me though.
No doc is going to protect you
if a doc would protect you he is an idiot
The town is going to vote on who you shoot if I have any say about it
I hope to god this is Furcolow who posted this.

A doc protect would insure I pass off my dayvig power tonight. Why is a doc an idiot for protecting me?

Also we've already decided to vote on who I shoot.

The only way this makes sense is if you think I'm one-shot, in which case you're seriously blind.

pops has gotten more protown. AntB hasn't. HoSing someone for being a newb, then throwing around a ton of suspicion on Sait while keeping a vote on Narsis for voting for gut. Earlier he FoS's Saint for ...swearing and randomly posting... yeah.
I would rather we just stop talking/directing the doc..if the doc thinks you are worth protecting tonight, then so be it...why give scum more information than we have too?...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

unvote
AntB wrote:HoS for newb and no attempt to learn or even read up on how mafia works. Pressure to read up, not my best move by a long shot but it seems to have done something.

FoS on Saint for a load of random crap and seeming trying to throw people off.
Could also be an attempt to cover up the future post saying who he's prepared to vote for, hoping we'll think Saint, skip. Scumbuddies would keep an eye on it.

2nd FoS was for randomly coming out of the blue with he'd be happy to vote me, go read through it properly and you'll see what I mean.
I'm waiting for Saint to reply before moving my vote.

Did you read why I voted for Narsis?
He bandwagon-voted EC without a single mention of EC in any of his posts. Hardly gut feeling. In fact, he did pretty much the same as Saint has done to me but actually placed his vote.
FoS didin
Mis-rep my vote as "gut" despite clear explanation in the associated post.
AntB, can you please provide me a link of a completed game that you were in....
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by AntB »

Meta Hunt :P
PM'd
Show

G+
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by Parama »

inb4 modkill
Are you retarded?
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by Parama »

The Eruci wrote:Any personal communication outside of the game thread, unless clearly specified in your role PM, is
strictly prohibited.
AntB, this is in every rules setlist FYI. And since you not only just broke it but also claimed you broke it... Ugh. I hope you're scum.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by AntB »

He asked for a game I had completed, he has been PMd in response. I can copy in here if needed.
Show

G+
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

AntB wrote:HoS for newb and no attempt to learn or even read up on how mafia works
AntB wrote:Meta Hunt :P
PM'd
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by AntB »

Parama wrote:Are you retarded?
Also, technically, yes I am. If my condiction was any further advanced I would be in permanent care.

As its not directly game related I fail to see how the rule is broken. He's after meta which I have made easily available if you know how to use a browser.
Show

G+
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by AntB »

either way, its The Erucis call. If I done bad, crap happens. the PM contained no information attributable to this game, replace me instead of modkill me. Why lower chances? I will make the PM available to him on his request.
Show

G+
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

RedCoyote wrote:
Unvote
because pops (and a few others) are right that we really need to try and defend this ability the best we can. Town can generally only benefit from a day kill that is controlled by the community-at-large, regardless of how successful we are with it.

I'm going to go back to my
vote: Helghast
. I think this is a good lynch for today, and I don't think any other wagon (sans possibly EC) is really gaining any steam. He starts off by asking Parama to expand on his ability. Frankly, it reads more defensive than anything else to me. If it's not defensive then I read it as somewhat of a silly question anyways. Later he kind of drops the Parama situation altogether, which was a weird transition for a player who had, until that point, been focused 100% on Parama's ability. The rest of his posts have mostly been one liners that have given us nothing to go on. He hasn't voted, he hasn't "FoS'd" anyone, and he hasn't really given us any decent reads at all. He's just drifting by unaccounted for. Bottom line, when I read Helghast's posts I don't see them as a townie who is genuinely trying to scumhunt.
Not so different from my TheLonging vote, to be honest. Which by the way, is rescinded since replacement brings the promise of new information.
unvote

It's absolutely true that there's nothing protown in Helghast's posting, but there's not much posting either. I think the signal to noise ratio is a better barometer of alignment than the total volume of scumhunting work produced by any one player.

Really this is at least to some extent lurker hunting, but you don't seem to want to say that. Afraid of the stigma? There's definitely some people who will go after a player for admitting that most of the reason for a vote is because the target is going to lurk all game and give little actual info about their alignment. I've definitely taken flak for it before. But I think it's frequently proper strategy so I'll say it when I use it, I lurker hunt I lurker hunt I lurker hunt.

Red, are you going to stand by a statement that Helghast is as anti-town as it gets? There have been numerous other players with many more posts, many chances to say anti-town things that don't rub you right. Is the 60 second iso really as evil as it gets for you?

I'll be rereading the thread now, trying to identify the most appropriate place for my vote. It might be lurker hunting or it might be a scummy active, I'll see.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

AntB, calm down. I doubt you'll get modkilled.

You should immediately post the contents of the pm in this thread though, if you're so penitent you should get on the right side of the spirit of the rule. The dude still has info he can review before we get to.
"Well, I..."
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by AntB »

Trust me, there's nothing you can't find by clicking my wiki link and "I really should find there game I kicked ass as werewolf, circular reasoning ftw."

Its buried in archives from 2008 on Kongregate, I can't find it.
Show

G+
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

but you found it when you were oming? am confused
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

ebwop pming
"Well, I..."
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by AntB »

Nope, I said I should find it... I couldn't.
Show

G+
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Hey, I'm TheLonging 2.0

Will catch up tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”