DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Over, American Victory!

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:22 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Happy to help :P
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:38 am

Post by AurorusVox »

chesskid3 wrote:I'll go dig up my list when I'm about to die.

Also if i'm the most trusted out of the 3 people you had to choose from, why is your vote on me instead of one of them?
Its not. It's on Bunny. Who is the least trusted (Y)

Socio, if scum are getting nuked anyway they might as well automatically take someone down with them, right? If they nuked themselves its an omgus nuke that needs defending, but with Failsafe it's "oh sorry I can't even call it back herp derp oh also don't anyone else nuke me." It's a one-for-one trade IF they're already getting nuked and is far better for scum than just them getting fried. It's only different - and townie - in this particular case because Chess has turned around and said "Nuke me" explicitly himself.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:40 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Claiming FS before defcon1 and the first failsafe firing is the townie part of it.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:48 am

Post by SocioPath »

AurorusVox wrote:If they nuked themselves its an omgus nuke that needs defending
Wat.
WHAT KIND OF LOGIC IS THIS?

'OH SHIT IM GETTING NUKED, I BETTER WATCH OUT OTHER PEOPLE PERCEIVE ME.'
Scum getting nuked won't give a shit about WHAT it looks like when they are going down.
CAUSE THEY ARE GETTING NUKED.

You REALLY think a nuked flying at scum is going to cause them to go 'WELL I BETTER GET MY ACT TOGETHER AND START BEING SUPER TOWNIE NOW.'

AurorusVox wrote:needs defending
Man, it makes me laugh every time.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:54 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Chess: I was a little worried because imo Fail-Safe is a scum-suited ability and I thought anyone who went after it would do so for nefarious means. But yes, you've used it in a pro-town way (offering to swap nukes). I had a lingering concern about an ability gambit, but since you've now come out and said you didn't even have Failsafe high on your list, I'm no longer treating it as particularly scummy.

Socio: if the original nuker is under pressure from other players about their nuke the scum could exploit this to get them to recall it. Someone who nukes their nuker is waving goodbye to that recall chance.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:04 am

Post by chesskid3 »

If we could make BS nuke me too that would be supersuper awesome.
But i'm not going to get greedy.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Chess probably thought someone would nuke him under the guise of "oops, guess he was innocent, LOL" because of the urgings of a communist scumbag like Percy. (Assuming he is innocent).

If Chesskid turns out to be scum, its brilliant. Who wants to potentially sacrifice themselves in order to prove him wrong?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:07 am

Post by chesskid3 »

The second part of that post is scumscumscum. It's like scum goading a T v. T nukage.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:08 am

Post by SpyreX »

If I thought chess was scum and was nukin' ho you're damn right that failsafe wouldn't phase me. 1-1 is awesome.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Katsuki »

I forgot to post this in this game, but I have a cousin who's been visiting from the 27th to 1st, and I'm flying on the 2nd so expect my activity to be down for the next lil while.

Chesskid is probably town. I simply don't see why scum would go for failsafe in a multi-scum game AND claim it defcon3.

Unvote, Vote: bunnylover

I also like how faraday continues to skate through this game doing nothing but calling me scum.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:05 am

Post by chesskid3 »

ah it was 3rd my bad.
Thought I had put air base above it but apparently not.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:26 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

V/LA through Sunday evening. Happy New Year!
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

V/LA for the next 3 days, or at least limited access till Monday
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Bunnylover wrote:
V/LA for the next 3 days, or at least limited access till Monday
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:48 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

By my count, mine was the tenth vote.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:58 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 2, DEFCON 2 - Vote Count II - The Final Vote Count]

"I hate war for its consequences, for the lies it lives on and propagates, for the undying hatreds it arouses, for the dictatorships it puts in the place of democracies, and for the starvation that stalks after it. I hate war, and never again will I sanction or support another." --Harry Emerson Fosdick

[Votes]

AurorusVox
(1) - Jack
Baby Spice
(0)
bobsnox
(1) - Internet Stranger
bunnylover
(10) - Fate, SocioPath, AurorusVox, Internet Stranger, danakillsu, inHimshallibe, SpyreX, bobsnox, Kitoari, Faraday
chesskid3
(3) - gandalf5166, Baby Spice, Percy
danakillsu
(0)
Faraday
(0)
Fate
(1) - SnakePlissken
gandalf5166
(1) - Katsuki
inHimshallibe
(0)
Internet Stranger
(0)
Jack
(0)
Katsuki
(0)
Kitoari
(0)
Percy
(0)
RedCoyote
(0)
SnakePlissken
(1) - RedCoyote
SocioPath
(0)
SpyreX
(0)

Not voting
(1) - Bunnylover

[Activity]

gandalf5166
is being replaced.
Baby Spice
is being replaced.
The deadline is Tuesday, 11 January at 11:59pm EST. Ten votes are required to lynch.

"Sir, we've got a report back."
"So soon? I would have expected longer."
"I would have too, but apparently our analysts uncovered some incriminating evidence early. The individual in question is 'Bunnylover.'"
"Can I see his file?"
"Certainly."
"...pulling a 180 on official government policy...what the hell is this crap. I expected better from what's supposed to be our best. I want
real
evidence."
"I don't know, sir ... I've spoken to them, and they sound pretty convinced. Maybe you should finish the briefing?"
"If flip flopping was a crime every politician in Washington would be facing the death penalty....and what's this?
ANOTHER
nuclear facility operator? What the hell went wrong with those appointments? I thought they were combed over and over. We've had two of them accused of treason in the past hour!"
"It's unacceptable. I'll have a word with Langley."
"Thoe whole damn situation is unacceptable. I am about to meet with the Russian and Chinese ambassadors and instead of being able to hand them hard evidence regarding espionage or other aggressive military activities, all I have to show for it is an internal document declaring that THIS administration royally fucked up. How the hell does that look, huh?"
"Terrible, sir."
"Damn right it does. I'LL be the one having the word with Langley."
"Yes, sir."
"Now...with regards to Mr. Bunnylover...What's the status of the indictment? Is he cooperating? Has he confessed?"
"No confession. He is, however, cooperating fully."
"As to be expected. Well, we don't have time to deal with this now. Just get him as far away from our warheads as humanly possible. We're not taking any chances, not given what's happening right now."
"Already on top of it, sir. Facility security has been notified, choppers are on the way now, and I'll personally go make sure NORAD has his launch codes revoked immediately."
"Excellent work. And we're explaining this how?"
"We can just call it a drill, or something. I'll have someone cook the live fire exercise manifests."
"Good, good. Keep me updated."
"Yes, sir."
"One more thing: No. More. Screw. Ups. We are at DEFCON 2. We are in a diplomatic crisis. There are enemy units in our territory. I want MY people on MY side. I don't want them under investigation or arrested. The next report time a report comes in, I want it to be about the ENEMY, and I want it to be a slam dunk, not a pile of bullshit. Got it?"
"Loud and clear. I'll relay the message."
"See that you do."

Bunnylover (American, Missile silo) - Relieved of command on Day 2.

It is now Night 2. Because of the upcoming New Year's holiday, Night 2 will last until Sunday, 2 January at 11:59pm EST. Please submit all actions by this time.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:19 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Night 2, DEFCON 2 - Announcement]

DizzyIzzyB13
replaces
gandalf5166
. Please welcome her!
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:26 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Day 3, DEFCON 2]

"...what to do, what to do..."
"Sir?"
"The enemy is on our doorsteps. Their ambassadors ASSURED me no blood will be shed, but obviously that's bullshit. We've made two internal arrests, but nothing good has come of it except probably some bad PR and a few lawsuits down the road. We need to do
something
, and we need to do it
now."

"What about one of our many first-strike scenarios?"
"This nation will not first-strike. It absolutely, positively will not. To do so would be to give our enemies exactly what they want - an excuse to rip and tear away our very way of life."
"Yes, sir, but we need to be realistic - given the enemy movement, there is a good chance that is going to happen anyway. Do you want your administration to be written into the history books as one that stood by and took defeat in the face, or one that went down fighting like a true American?"
"It isn't 1776. We aren't fighting with muskets and longswords. If we screw up, there might not be anyone left to even write the history books."
"All I'm saying is ... wait just a second, I'm getting an urgent report ... my god ..."
"What is it?"
"..."
"What the fuck is it!?!"
"Sir...they've struck."
"...what ... where?"
"Just outside Colorado Springs ... near Cheyenne. It looks like they're aiming for NORAD HQ, sir."
"The fuck if they are... why did we not intercept this attack? How the hell did they get past our defense systems?"
"The preliminary reports say it was a stealth craft using conventional weapons...must be technology we've never seen before."
"Non-nuclear, then ... praise god. Damages?"
"Low civilian casulaties. However, we did lose an important military facility - one of NORAD's nuclear safety bunkers was completely destroyed."
"...those motherfuckers...they're trying to limit our ability to resist a nuclear attack!"
"Wait...there's more?"
"God."
"The Navy is reporting an attack on one of their nuclear submarines, the USS Missouri. It was stationed in the North Pacific, just off the Russian and Chineese maritime border."
"An attack?"
"The submarine has been completely destroyed, sir."
"...shit..."
"What are your orders, sir?"
"Assemble the cabinet. And bring us to DEFCON 1."
"...DEFCON 1, sir?"
"You heard me. This is the second Pearl Harbor. They hit us first. They want war. If it's war they want, it's war they'll get. America will not stand by while enemies threaten its soil. We will respond with the full force of our military, and we will make them regret for an eternity the decision to provoke us."
"Yes, sir."
"Tell our commanders that Executive Order 3057 is in effect. Offensive activity, including .... nuclear launch, is authorized at their sole discretion."
"Yes, sir."
"May god save us all."

[NORAD SYSTEM] Attention all units, this is command. We are at DEFCON 1. Repeat, we are DEFCON 1. Repeat again, we are at DEFCON 1. All units must be at maximum readiness. Your standing firing orders are to shoot to kill on sight. Barring override from command, you are cleared to make all combat decisions in-field. If the situation meets the combat operation standards, nuclear launch is authorized. Proceed with the utmost caution. Over and out.

Internet Stranger (American, Fallout shelter) - obliterated Night 2.

RedCoyote (American, Submarine) - obliterated Night 2.

It is now Day 3, DEFCON 1.
The use of nuclear weapons is now permitted.
The deadline is Monday, 17 January at 11:59pm EST.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Post by SpyreX »

YES

YESSSS

Nuke: Snake

And since yea:
Sub
Airbase
Esp
Silo
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Post by Jack »

Have to say I was getting an annoying bunny-is-town feeling before my absence.

AV is still scum however.

vote:av
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:45 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[DEFCON Mafia 2.0 - Day 3, DEFCON 1 - Game Event]

[NORAD SYSTEM] ALRERT. ALERT. NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Attempting to locate launch site...
[NORAD SYSTEM] Missile tracked to facility XR-912, currently commanded by
SpyreX.

[NORAD SYSTEM] Analyzing flight trajectory…
[NORAD SYSTEM] Missile is currently targeting coordinates registered to
SnakePlissken
[NORAD SYSTEM] Estimating time until impact...
[NORAD SYSTEM] Warhead will detonate on Thursday, 6 January at 3:31am EST.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:18 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Jack: Why not say that
before
you left? Why vote Bunny in the first place? Your unvote was only because you weren't up to speed on the game, not because you had a townie feeling (you can't have that feeling if you're not up to speed on the game) so don't try to retroactively give a reason of how you "knew better" than everyone else. Not even a little comment on Spy's nuke either?

Vote: Jack

---

Spy: I approve of your nuke. /nuke-dance

---

NK's: Extreme American rhetoric was American extremity after all. Surprised that RC took the Sub (and got it,
again
lol). Glad that it's out of scummunist hands, though.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:23 am

Post by danakillsu »

16 players, 6 scum. If we don't lynch scum today, I think the only likely usefulness of town will be as a kingmaker. So let's lynch scum today. Things I don't like so far today:
SpyreX's glee at launching a nuke at Snake. If Snake is town, SpyreX should be lynched, no questions asked.
AV's OMGUS on Jack. Really all he has is that he doesn't like Jack's vote on him and that Jack didn't say something he thought he should have.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:25 am

Post by AurorusVox »

He's trying to gain town-cred for (claiming) having had a townie read on Bunny. I proved that according to his posts, he can't have had that read. Therefore he is lying and claiming reasons retroactively. I'd have said the same if he wasn't voting me.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:26 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Also, Dana, do you approve of the nuke? Do you think anyone who nukes town should be lynched immediately?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”