SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by SensFan »

Just got back from the Sens getting their asses handed to them by the Leafs, and I see my role PM and realize RC's a vindictive ass. Fuck my life; I'm half-tempted to just replace out now. I waited almost two weeks for the game and now I get this bullshit.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by SensFan »

AlmasterGM wrote:Greetings to the many people on the playerlist I have already played with, and looking forward to having a good time with those whom I have not. I have the following introductory questions:

1) Did you get the color you asked for?

2) You can N0 Vig anybody on the playerlist. Do you use your power? If so, who do you target?

3) If you knew you wouldn't be caught, would you cheat to win at a game where the only thing at stake was your reputation (e.g., if you win people think you are good at the game, if you lose people think you are not)?

4) You are playing a $100 game of ultimatum. In this game, the first player proposes how to divide the $100 between the two players, and the second player can either accept or reject this proposal. If the second player rejects, neither player receives anything. If the second player accepts, the money is split according to the proposal. You are the first player - how do you split the piles?

5) The same as question four, except now the game is being played with $1,000,000. How do you divide the money?

And
Vote: SensFan
for whining.
1) No
2) I do. No comment on my target.
3) I wouldn't cheat even if there was money at stake
4) 99/1 in my favour
5) 999,999/1 in my favour

Vi:
For the most part, I'm a logical and rational person. At the time I posted that, I was pissed.

KK:
Absolutely; they deserved the win. I'm just pissed at the way the Sens played.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by SensFan »

Oh, right.
Vote: Kat
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by SensFan »

Vote: Katsuki
, then.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #17 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by SensFan »

Hey Reck, you got a Post Restriction?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #21 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by SensFan »

Random deaths help Town.
Also, I can target someone non-randomly in a Normal game, such as a zwets-type, which further makes Vigging the correct choice.
Also, I can target someone who I think would be likely to submit Scum in this game, which further makes Vigging the correct choice.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #102 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:01 am

Post by SensFan »

All this colour speculation is pointless. The mods have already said that the colours are just a guide, and that modpreference is the bigger decided in who gets to be what they wanted.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #111 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:30 am

Post by SensFan »

Kdub wrote:Town should not be volunteering their color choices without good reason. Doing so helps scum since the mods said almost everyone would get one of their choices, and the scum are better informed to work out who might be what color.
The mods also said that not everyone would be getting one of their choices and that mod preference has a part in who got what roles.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #115 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:38 am

Post by SensFan »

Toogeloo wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Kdub wrote:Town should not be volunteering their color choices without good reason. Doing so helps scum since the mods said almost everyone would get one of their choices, and the scum are better informed to work out who might be what color.
The mods also said that not everyone would be getting one of their choices and that mod preference has a part in who got what roles.
RC later followed up by saying that mod preference was a lie I believe.
Trust me; its not.

Which brings me to my real point in all of this. I have strong reason to believe that mod preference played a part in the roles handed out. I don't know too much about either of the mods (beyond the fact RC dislikes me), so for those of you who do: assuming mod preference played a part in the assigning of roles, who would be most likely to have received a role that was presumably highly requested (SK), or else a Scum role if they prefer Scum?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #117 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:02 am

Post by SensFan »

For those of us who have absolutely no knowledge of the flavour, Starbuck, is there anything we need to know beyond which colours are Scum?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #122 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:30 am

Post by SensFan »

Not 100% sure that my role necessarily fits the emotion you gave for my colour, but thanks.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #127 (isolation #11) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by SensFan »

I have had very limited interaction with RC (he played in my HP Mafia, I signed up for a game of his but left the site before the thread was posted) and no interaction with dana before this game. Thus, "I don't know much about either of the mods."
RC stopped me from joining this game until I took it up with dana a couple days later, then PM'd me several times over the course of the delay before the game telling me to stop bitching in the queue thread, then got really pissed when I asked a higher power if the 'mod preference' thing was allowed. Thus, "(beyond the fact the Mods dislike me)".
My original colour submissions (which were not used) happened to coincide almost perfectly with SSBF's (which were used for my slot). I got a colour that wasn't any of the 2 he submitted nor the other one I submitted.
The Mods have admitted in the signup thread that modpreference had a part in role allotment.
Are you really trying to make the case that stance is hypocritical with itself? It all follows fairly logically to me.

---

As for your first part, you're (once again) completely wrong. Colour speculation is pointless, since the colours people submitted don't appear to be more than a minor connection to their role, if any, based on my role. Speculation about who the Mods may have favoured (which I have no idea about) will be fruitful, as per how I explained it. It's really not all that complicated.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #134 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by SensFan »

Vi wrote:Vote stays on SensFan because, again, there's no reason to whine
this much
if you got the alignment you wanted but not the colors. Do I think he would complain this much as scum for being scum? I'm fairly sure there's precedent.
I didn't get the alignment I wanted.

I submitted Red/Orange (so the mods knew I wanted to be Scum, even if my choices didn't count.) SSBF submitted Yellow/Orange. I was given a Town role.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #151 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by SensFan »

You may have missed the post in the sign-up thread where they said that Mod preference did indeed play a part. I know they laughed it off, but it does seem to fit in with the genre of this game.

Also, the fact that you're voting me because you don't think SSBF would have submitted Scum is pretty laughable, if I read that right. It's also something I'm completely unable to defend or explain, FWIW.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #154 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by SensFan »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Further I suggest from what I know about SSBF I would doubt taking the scum route would be his logical choice of action.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #158 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:18 pm

Post by SensFan »

Vi wrote:SensFan is going to be pissed about something or other regardless.
I find that more than a little unfair, just for the record.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #299 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by SensFan »

I like the idea of a mass colour popcorn claim.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #334 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:23 pm

Post by SensFan »

Replace 'and' with 'any', and it makes perfect sense, tans.

Also, your crackpot theory about the Scum being one team was retarded even before people brought up the fact that the mods said each colour has four people.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #577 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:20 am

Post by SensFan »

Katsuki wrote:SSBF PREFERENCE FOR TOWN?
SENSFAN CLAIM OF SCUM COLORS?
RECK AND FATE ENDORSED?
UNVOTE, VOTE: SENSFAN
Can someone explain to me how the fuck I'm supposed to defend from "SSBF would send in Town, so Sens must be lying Scum!"?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #580 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:28 am

Post by SensFan »

Gladly, AGM.

I'm of the opinion that we need to try and bruteforce this, and that scumhunting at this point is less fruitful than breaking the setup. As Reck has pointed out, if we massclaim, absolute bestcase scenario is that we end up with a subset of 7 players, 3 of whom are Scum. Furthermore, we'll lock all of the Scum into mini-groups of Colour claims, and then as more and more people die, we'll have more chances to lynch within a subset of players for increased Scum odds.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #583 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:39 am

Post by SensFan »

Wrong, AGar.

Worst-case colourclaim scenario gives us 3/7=42.85% chance of hitting Scum today, forces Scum into a colourclaim today, and allows us to use flips to have icnreased lynch chances down the road.
Not colourclaiming gives us 9/25=36% chance of hitting Scum today, does not force Scum into a colourclaim today, and doesn't give us increased lynch odds down the road.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #587 (isolation #21) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:51 am

Post by SensFan »

Kdub, even assuming the Scum has optimal fakeclaims (whether provided, planned, or luck), we still get subsets of {6, 6, 6, 7} people, each of which contains exactly 4 Town. That means that today, we can get ~43% chance of lynching correctly today, by targetting the group of seven. This is as opposed to 36% chance of lynching correctly from the set of all players. Furthermore, as people gets lynched and NK'd, the number of alive players in each subset will decrease, but we will always know the exact number of Town players in each group. So every Day, we will be able to get better results from targetting the subset with the highest percentage of Scum in it, as opposed to lynching from the set of all players.

Jack, if setup breaking provides the best town win chance, that's the route we have to take. It's irrational and scrub behaviour to not take the best route to winning, simply because of some arbitrary notion of 'fun'.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #591 (isolation #22) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:11 am

Post by SensFan »

If you can seriously say "I would not want to try and break the setup, even if I knew it would lead to a higher town win percentage", then you're either Scum or shouldn't play Mafia.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #594 (isolation #23) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:15 am

Post by SensFan »

There's no debate. It's a debate if Jack says "Sens is wrong that it will lead to a higher town winrate, because of (a), (b), (c)." If Jack is saying "I don't know or care if Sens is right about a higher town winrate if we go that route, but I'm against it", then he must be unconcerned about town win chances, and therefore Scum.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #596 (isolation #24) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:19 am

Post by SensFan »

I have multiple suspects. I don't think its in the town's best interests for us to continue scumhunting as if this was a Normal game, when we will have increased success if we limit our scumhunting to the subset(s) containing the highest scum ratio.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #599 (isolation #25) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:44 am

Post by SensFan »

If Sens is not willing to do whatever would give SensSK the highest winrate, Sens is presumably not SK. He could be Mafia or Town, and of course there's a significant difference between the two.
If Jack is not willing to do whatever would give JackTown the highest winrate, Jack is presumably not Town. He could be Mafia or SK, and there's really little difference between the two at this point as it relates to whether tha Town should lynch Jack.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #600 (isolation #26) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:46 am

Post by SensFan »

Anyways, I'm off to head to my dad's place for dinner and then watching Canada win gold. See you guys later.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #637 (isolation #27) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by SensFan »

Toogeloo wrote:@Everyone who is saying this game can't be broken: RC didn't make the list, yet everyone is saying he would catch the mistakes. Dana made the game, RC is like his Igor, but this is dana's Frankenstein. Also, have you never heard of game breaks in video games, things teseters even miss? I think it's paltry to assume that something would not have been overlooked.
More importantly, for some reason everyone seems to be assuming that there's all these magical traps against MCing, or that it won't work for whatever reason. What if the Mods actually said to themselves "So since we're telling them there's 4 of each colour, so we better make the Scum better than normal to compensate for the fact that the Town are obviously going to mass colourclaim, and so get an edge over a standard 1-4-4-16 game."
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #2298 (isolation #28) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:21 am

Post by SensFan »

I haven't read the last page or two, but for future reference, I'd really appreciate it if both mods didn't discuss this game with me in other threads while I was still alive. Thanks.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #2302 (isolation #29) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:00 am

Post by SensFan »

danakillsu wrote:Uhh...dude. You weren't still alive. You were already being replaced, since you didn't respond to your prod in time. This attempt to pass it off as intentional lurking isn't fooling anyone.
1) I never received a prod; the last PM from you is asking me to submit my Night action
2) The OP clearly shows me as being not replaced at the time of my death
3) Even if I had been replaced, it is not appropriate to talk to me in another game about a game in which my replacement is alive
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #2310 (isolation #30) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:01 am

Post by SensFan »

Andrius wrote:
KageLord wrote: 1. Blackest Night game without Hal Jordan? He's dana's avatar, he's in the OP image, and he's the main character.
1. Harry Potter game without Albus Dumbledore? :igmeou:
SPOILER ALERT
Snape killed Dumbledore.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #2316 (isolation #31) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by SensFan »

danakillsu wrote:
SensFan wrote:
danakillsu wrote:Uhh...dude. You weren't still alive. You were already being replaced, since you didn't respond to your prod in time. This attempt to pass it off as intentional lurking isn't fooling anyone.
1) I never received a prod; the last PM from you is asking me to submit my Night action
2) The OP clearly shows me as being not replaced at the time of my death
3) Even if I had been replaced, it is not appropriate to talk to me in another game about a game in which my replacement is alive
I sent TWO messages: "nopoint misses you in the QT" and "send in your night actions"
You responded to neither in any way. You did not post in thread
The only reason the OP shows you as not being replaced is that we tried to get 3 people to replace you, and none of them ever replied or posted.
I only asked you why you were not posting, which everybody knew. Your insistence that something is wrong with that is frankly ridiculous. You had the choice to not reply (which is of course what you did, confirming the need to replace you) or to reply by PM.
"nopoint misses you in the QT" is a gigantic overstepping of your boundaries. "send in your night actions" is not a prod, especially when you had already decided that nopoint could submit my night actions against my will.
The OP shows that I was a member of this game as of the time of my death, it really can't be any more explicit than that.
You can call it "frankly ridiculous" all you want, but it is very much outside of your boundaries as a mod to discuss any ongoing game in any way with a player who is alive in said game in another fucking game.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #2322 (isolation #32) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by SensFan »

I'm really not sure what more there is to say when the mod admits to a) telling me to make better use of my nighttalk abilities; b) letting other players submit my actions; c) never sending me any PM that had anything to do with my posting rate and/or desire to keep playing in the game.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #2329 (isolation #33) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by SensFan »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
SensFan wrote:I'm really not sure what more there is to say when the mod admits to a) telling me to make better use of my nighttalk abilities; b) letting other players submit my actions; c) never sending me any PM that had anything to do with my posting rate and/or desire to keep playing in the game.
1. Well the fact of the matter is, you
should
have made better use of your night talk abilities. You can't blame anyone but yourself.
2. Yeah, of course we let other players submit your actions when you flake. If you've a problem with that, then it's simple: don't flake.
3. What? We never sent you a PM that had anything to do with your posting rate? Hmmm, that's definitely not what I remember. At all.
1) Sure. But it's not fair to any other factions if you're whispering to Red about how much they should make use of their QT talking abilities, which both the mods did.
2) First of all, MY NAME IS STILL ON THE GODDAMN PLAYER SLOT. I have no clue how many ways I can phrase that before you understand that by definition, I was still in the game. Second of all, I've never heard of a ruleset where players in the game can take over parts of the role of someone who flakes.
3) The last 3 PMs I have are you guys bitching about my Night Action on N2, because you kept telling us to submit our actions early SO YOU CAN WRITE PWNSOME FLAVOUR DOODS!!!!
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #2331 (isolation #34) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by SensFan »

Fate wrote:Its pretty standard for scumbuddies to be able to send in their partner's actions should said partner be absent.

All of this is dodging the REAL issue though of you flaking, why the hell'd you do it?
I didn't flake. At all. I never stopped playing this game until I died.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #2337 (isolation #35) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by SensFan »

D2 went by so quickly that I didn't get around to posting. After the heat I took during D1, I realized that since I survived D2 without posting I could slide under the radar even more. And I knew that if I was going to slide under the radar, I didn't want to risk scumbuddies fucking it up by slipping that I was active during the Night.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #2339 (isolation #36) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by SensFan »

Magna I think it could be said that the co-Mod starting interfering with all his PMs about how brilliant the gambit was, and that I could do this and this to make it better.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #2341 (isolation #37) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by SensFan »

You seriously don't see the problem if exactly one person besides me in this game knows full well that I'm paying full attention and playing the game?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #2346 (isolation #38) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by SensFan »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
SensFan wrote:Magna I think it could be said that the co-Mod starting interfering with all his PMs about how brilliant the gambit was, and that I could do this and this to make it better.
So when the Mods think you are playing 'brilliantly' they have good judgement but when it suits you they are morons?

Yeah, that the sound of someone who can't accept any responsability for their own actions.
No. I'm saying the mods should never be PMing people about how they could improve their gambits, etc. Frankly, they shouldn't even PM players about how good/bad their play is.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #2373 (isolation #39) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:23 am

Post by SensFan »

*mod-provided safeclaim

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”