Mini 1094 - Mariposa Peak Mafia - Game Over!

mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:26 am

Post by mothrax »

*looks at most recent votecount*
*is sad that two of my strongest townreads are voting for my third strongest townread*

I read most (skimmed the rest) of the game and I am happy with this wagon. Mainly for reasons previously stated.
Vote: Carrotcake

as a side note that was the worst welcome to the neigborhood ever. not even a hello?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:30 am

Post by Thor665 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Thor, GET MORE AGGRESSIVE.
You sounded like my kindergarten teacher in #429, for god's sakes.
I was actually the creepy janitor down the hall.

When I get a better feel for blood in the water I'll be there with teeth flashing, at the moment my life is a little busy and I've got a couple games distracting me and this one has me advancing a case off of gut - and it's hard to be aggressive off of gut without looking like a spastic screaming dolt, and I don't like to look spastic or screaming...yes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by singersigner »

Hey. Back. Reading up tomorrow. Cheers.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Vote Count
Day 2 Vote Count (#6)

Carrotcake
- 4 (Seraphim, Powerrox93, AGar, mothrax)

AGar
- 3 (Thor665, Nachomamma8, Reckamonic)

Seraphim
- 1 (Carrotcake)

Not Voting
- 2 (sims5487, singersigner)

With 10 players, it takes 6 to lynch and 5 for a No Lynch. Deadline is scheduled for January 3rd, 2011 at 2:00:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. The deadline may be extended due to the holidays and will be decided on a later date.

Reckamonic is V/LA from December 22nd until January 3rd.

Seraphim is V/LA from December 23rd until January 1st.

AGar is V/LA from December 31st until January 3rd.
[/area]

There are 5 votes for the deadline extension, and 5 not voting.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Carrotcake has not picked up her prod. I will start looking for a replacement.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:34 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

sims5487 has requested replacement. If anyone knows anyone who would like to replace Carrot or sims, please have them PM me, I'd love you both.

You want this one.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:00 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'll send out a couple PMs and see if I nab any takers.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Sorry mothrax, we've had a frightful problem with murders lately, so good hospitality isn't on the top of our lists... Welcome to you anyways, though!

Thor, mind hammering that deadline extension? Inactivity due to V/LAs right now is dreadful.

PR, ok.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by mothrax »

I will hammer the DE

5 Day extension Yes
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by mothrax »

Also, sent a few pms for replacements...
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:37 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

@Mod:
I don't know many persons around here since I'm new but I've sigged that you need replacements. I'm active in some mish mash games

-~-~-~-~-~-~

Also, I think it's time for me to re-read this whole thread
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:00 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

I heard there was scum in ur town... killin ur townies... so the authorities called me up and asked me to find those heathen scumbags and send em to the brig, and deliver a clean kill to save the beautiful town and all the wonderful people in it.

This is a formal admission of confirmation, Lateralus22 is infact... here.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Yes, Lateralus22 replaces Carrotcake. Please welcome him.

Still need one more for sims5487.

There is a 5 day extension. You guys may still vote for the three day extension by the normal Deadline Extension vote.

You want this one.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Yes, welcome me, I assure you that I do infact, come in peace. I would like everyone to give me their top three suspects as I read through the thread. Since you're reading Nacho you can start. Who should I be wary of, could you please bring me up to speed?
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

In order to give the replacements some time to catch up UNVOTE:

Hey mothrax, sorry for not saying this earlier

Hey Lateralus!
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

You got lucky and replaced the townie. The other guy is scum, along with AGar and singersinger.

Mothrax and PR are definitely town.
Seraphim and Thor are probably town.
Watch Reckamonic closely.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:45 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Hey, it's like 4:42 AM lol. So I've read through the thread, no giant catch up post but a better post shall come soon I assure you. I like Nacho's reads, singer has been a consistent scum read of mine throughout the whole game while Agar isn't too clean either.

Not sure about sims/reck though, what's the reasoning for Seraphim town?
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:46 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

Powerrox93 wrote:In order to give the replacements some time to catch up UNVOTE:

Hey mothrax, sorry for not saying this earlier

Hey Lateralus!
PIIIIIIIIING
._.
meeeeeeep?
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:14 am

Post by singersigner »

Nachomamma8 wrote:You got lucky and replaced the townie. The other guy is scum, along with AGar and singersinger.

Mothrax and PR are definitely town.
Seraphim and Thor are probably town.
Watch Reckamonic closely.
You seriously think sims is scum? I might agree with you about AGar, since I can't exactly figure him out, but sims? What got you there?
Lateralus22 wrote:Hey, it's like 4:42 AM lol. So I've read through the thread, no giant catch up post but a better post shall come soon I assure you. I like Nacho's reads, singer has been a consistent scum read of mine throughout the whole game while Agar isn't too clean either.

Not sure about sims/reck though, what's the reasoning for Seraphim town?
While you're reading through the thread, it'd be nice if you could point out what exactly makes me (or anyone else for that matter) scum. I get the feeling there's a little OMGUS in that read. It's ok, though, I forgive you.
Lateralus22 wrote:Yes, welcome me, I assure you that I do infact, come in peace. I would like everyone to give me their top three suspects as I read through the thread. Since you're reading Nacho you can start. Who should I be wary of, could you please bring me up to speed?
Also, no. This is just scum asking the other townies to say, hey, who do you already think is scum so when I read through the thread, I can have a little confirmation bias and already pin these people as scum. :roll:

I like tomatoes.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Reck, it seems you've missed something...
Nachomamma8 wrote:Mothrax and PR are definitely town.
sims scum (main posts of interest below):
sims5487 wrote:I am going to go with a loose theory here; as a n00b, any and all are welcome to point out holes and inaccuracies (and in Thor's case, annoyances with CAPS and posting etiquette). I'm starting to think maybe Gud is scum and claiming SK in hopes that we'd offer allegiance (as CarrotCake has done), thus ensuring the survival of at least one scum to endgame. Other people have pointed out some scummy behavior from CC; it would make sense that she, as scum, would try to jumpstart a ridiculous campaign to offer him sanctuary and use him as anti-scum rather than anti-town. Thoughts?

Unvote
Vote: Guderian
This is almost as tin-foil hatty as AGar's BQ theory!
sims5487 wrote:AGar - You presume correctly.

Sorry for stirring the waters everybody. I would like the point out that as suspicious as my (apparent) overreaction may seem to you, there is something to be said for an overreaction to an overreaction (not to get too circular here). Which is the point I was trying to make about confid.

Confid your argument is weak. Checking in with a post is hardly a scum tell, it's staying active in the game. I think maybe it's a fair argument to make, but on its own it lacks substance. That is why I "overreacted". I was surprised that you would consider something like that a scum tell.

AGar I'm still not sure what your case is on BQ. You've been awfully quiet, save for your initial "vote" on Gud (whom you conveniently forgot to actually vote for...)

I'm also not a fan of Power jumping on the anti-me bandwagon by just simply restating all the aforementioned weak arguments. Making an RVS vote when we were "clearly" out of RVS stage was perhaps a newb mistake (even though I still see nothing wrong with it as I hadn't, at that point, had much information to go on for anything), but to blow it up into such a big thing is suspicious and opportunistic.
...and the rest of the overreaction with Confid. What really pings my scumdar about it is that it lacks a vote to accompany the reaction.

Seraphim is town for his behavior on the Guderian wagon, and for the debates with CC.

Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

The curious case of
Benjamin Button
Singsinger

Man, the CC vs SS argument was tedious. Two major problems throughout though, first we have this gem here where she states it doesn't matter if someone had scum motivation for asking her a question or not but she refused to answer a question to find out that motivation? Those ideas contradict because if she doesn't think it matters, what's the point of asking? That's the thing, throughout this argument I don't get the sense she actually does care about someone's alignment. This pattern repeats itself once again after the heated debate in finished, where she drops the whole case without a word till CC brings it up once again.

That's just weird man, here's the thing, SS was obviously emotionally invested in this argument shown here but when you're that against someone and you think they're scum you don't just drop the case like that, especially when the majority of it she spent her time snapping back at CC with the whole
nononnonno you're misrepping me!
nonsense. The bottom line is, when you read her side of the debate it comes across as she's purely attacking for the sake of winning, but not because she's trying to evaluate and figure out CC's alignment.

The only thing I do like about SS is that she's active and spends a fair amount of her time attacking. But another thing is when she does question, this falls back into the same routine of vicious attacks. I originally liked how she questioned Gud shown here but here when she does get her answers it's the same old thing again. Snarky attacks where to the point at the conclusion it actually looks like she's trying to convince Gud himself that he should be lynched, I'm not even sure here if she even does think Gud is scum with the whole
hai guy it's liek so cool we have one mislynch
line.

Now onto Day 2, her vote is awful. Exactly man, who does try to make an alliance with an Sk? You're berated her for being unorthodox, what is the scum motivation for this? Sure you did explain later but what you're saying is fundamentally wrong. You're using words like
"unintelligible"
and
"unexperienced
as a method to discredit here. But here's the thing, CC joined this forum in 2007 so that shows can't even be bothered to get your facts right.

I love this line,
Just because you claim something is omgus, doesn't make it true.
This is exactly what you just did to me right here. You immediately attacked me and accused me of OMGUS as a method to discredit to, the hostility you've shown reads more as defensive scum because you don't have some giant case against CC, you weren't even confident enough in your vote to keep it over your V/LA with the whole
my vote is useless over V/LA!"
scene. Look at the last line of the last link in this post, this is a baseless attack. This is affront to discredit me when I was obviously just trying to get reads, communicating directly with people helps immensely with that.

tl;dr

Lack of genuine play, simply tries to win arguments as opposed to put an honest effort into reading people.

Hostile attacks consist of repetition of buzz words and the like to discredit her targets, this seems to be her MOI.

The sudden drop of the CC case, weak case on day two.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

SERAPHIM I SEE YOU

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I'm currently deciding what I think of Lateralus and how to proceed while I write college applications and really shouldn't be doing anything else. Replacements can really displace things especially when the replacee is the target of a wagon.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by singersigner »

Lateralus22 wrote: tl;dr
Lack of genuine play, simply tries to win arguments as opposed to put an honest effort into reading people.
Hostile attacks consist of repetition of buzz words and the like to discredit her targets, this seems to be her MOI.
The sudden drop of the CC case, weak case on day two.
1. If it came across that way to you, that's unfortunate. I did push to determine a read, and I came back to that read at the beginning of D2 after the whole Gud debacle.
2. There's a difference between discrediting the argument versus discrediting the person. I don't know what "MOI" is supposed to be an acronym for...if you're using it as the french word for "me"...then I really don't know what it means.
3.a. I never dropped the case. Do you disagree that Gud wasn't worth paying attention to? If you're referring to my unvote before I left for V/LA, then that's a personal preference that you'll have to deal with. I don't want to come back from my V/LAs with my vote having contributed to a lynch of someone before they had a chance to explain anything I might be questioning. But thanks for reminding me I can put my vote back now: VOTE: Lateralus
3.b. You're calling my case on D2 "weak." I didn't even post a case yet. I'm not sure what you're trying to do with that. This, along with the rest of your case, feels like you trying to discredit a
person
, instead of an
argument

Attack the results, not the method of finding them.

Oh, and your little gem about me making fun of your suspicion of me, but not agreeing with the previous OMGUS declaration before (can't remember who it was), is cute. What is that...an argument?

I like tomatoes.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

1. Okay. But I don't see you at all trying to actually evaluate her alingment. All I saw was constant attacks, nothing more.

2. MOI = Method of Operation, I don't see you purely discrediting arguments, here is an example of you discrediting a person.
SS wrote:Also, no. This is just scum asking the other townies to say, hey, who do you already think is scum so when I read through the thread, I can have a little confirmation bias and already pin these people as scum.
3. I'm talking about the CC case, not Gud. The moment everyone started complaining about it you took off when you saw no one else was interested. You kept your suspicions on the side only bringing them up when CC attacked you again.

3b. I considered this and this to be your case. This were your reasons and they are weak. Not interested in getting in a semantics argument on what a "case" is.
Attack the results, not the method of finding them.
I've done both, your method of getting them is scummy.
Oh, and your little gem about me making fun of your suspicion of me, but not agreeing with the previous OMGUS declaration before (can't remember who it was), is cute. What is that...an argument?
I literally can not understand what you're saying here. Please clarify.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”