Zachtown in the mountains (Game over TOWN WINS!)

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:29 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Furcolow wrote:waiting on a wagon to vote.

haha the irony!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:34 am

Post by Equinox »

Since jasonT1981 asked for it... (It's split into 3 parts 'cuz the whole thing breaks the board.)

Spoiler: Commentary Track (Part 1)
Blue = town, red = mafia, default = unflipped, etc. Okay, let's go.

Here we've got the usual pre-game silliness. Benmage forgets the rules, which I find somewhat surprising as they were clearly stated in the queue thread. I Am Innocent's numbers are a little helpful but unnecessary... and now I'm alarmed at his reaction to Benmage. I don't see why scum would do what Benmage did there. Though now that I think about it, Benmage skipping the Rules post twice is really odd.

Dunno how Nikanor got to this conclusion about scum's night discussion from Zachrulez's disclaimer. I was under the impression the rules would prevent coded communication in-thread during the day or something given the double lynch mechanic. Uh... (Oh, lol.
Sotty7
came to a different conclusion. That works, too.)

Post 63 reminds me of how big the task of metagaming you lot today would be. Blargh. It has to be done eventually.
In post 69, Elmo wrote:I think he mixed up "scummy" and "anti-town", which happens often enough - not least because a decent number of people believe they are synonymous.
+1

Y'know, this is pretty incredible. IAI -> Benmage, and then
RedCoyote
->
Sotty7
based on
Sotty7
-> IAI. All of these are built on misunderstandings. It's a house of cards, seriously. Why did I just waste time typing that. :igmeou:

Post 70. Uh... what? Benmage "newbie feel" got a chuckle out of me, but those numbered points, especially #2, make me sad. #2 is sad because I hate hate hate it when people push "I DID THIS FOR TOWN"-type defenses with a bloody passion.

I'm a little confused. IAI insists he believes Benmage is town but then accuses Benmage of being anti-town. Eh? We're not in a newbie game.

Christmas is over. I think I'll make suspect lists and stuff in here. It's not like anyone bothers reading these, right? So these are just for me. :3

jasonT1981 makes a compelling argument for IAI-scum in post 78. What bothers me is what
Percy
mentioned prior to his lynch, that IAI's attitude toward the scum lynches were genuine.

Post 88: Sfndsxlkhiorwfoiawvnkddsb?! (MOD: I banged my fists on the keyboard.) What the hell, IAI? Mind = blown. I really dislike post 92 as well. >> IAI was at 3 votes, 4 if we include self-vote; 9 to lynch. Talk about overreaction.
In post 94, mongoose wrote:I agree with this post. I think the people who lead discussion away from lynching tend to be scum, and the stats didn't help this. However, I am innocent does list his suspicions and they seem to be decent so for now I think he is town.
Leaving this for later. It's more likely than not that this tidbit is useless, considering the power differential in play.

mongoose
's vote on Benmage doesn't feel like distancing or bussing. Reads like an opportunist, really, since he's piggy-backed a previous case.

Interesting note about IAI-scum meta by
Sotty7
. In the game I played with IAI, he never really got serious pressure. I should look this up.

Because I think
Elmo
is worth sheeping at this point, as of post 99: Benmage = town, IAI = town, Nikanor = scummy?
In post 107, Dry-fit wrote:Really? You don't think his self-voting tantrum was
anti-town
? And what is the purpose of your unvote?
Interesting tidbit is interesting. If
Dry-fit
were scum with IAI, he probably wouldn't have said "anti-town." Stoofer's syndrome.

Someone remind me, please... who's Nikanor?
In post 109, Furcolow wrote:Anyone want to give me a quick synopsis?
What is the best wagon? Nikanor, IAmInnocent, RedCoyote, Oso?
No. :frown:
In post 110, Mina wrote:I'm a bit annoyed. Because IaI made so many bad arguments before that self-vote, and on principle, throwing an antitown hissy fit shouldn't manipulate people off his wagon...but it feels genuine. Call me a sucker, but I'm buying it. So I'll direct my attention elsewhere.
Oh, that reminds me. I pulled that stunt in a game with IAI, and it worked.
IAI-scum would use it, probably.
Again, need to look up his recent scum meta, preferably one where he was pressured. >> On further thought, IAI-scum using that tactic in a game with imkingdavid, Locke Lamora, Nikanor,
and
Sotty7 is very unlikely; a significant number of individuals in that set use metagame. Therefore, IAI's reaction is more likely to be town.

Posts 112 through 114 make me sad. Voting before reading the entire thread, cherry-picking, and the gem of the series (read the post immediately after for some good irony).
Nikanor wrote:Locke and I *used to* have a perfect win record when we were on the same team (which I believe has happened every game so far).
Sorry. ._.
In post 132, Furcolow wrote:because if you say "this person is townie" that helps scum pick out pr
if you say "this person is a PR" well......
it's lose/lose on day 1
Um. What the fuck?

Gee. This was helpful.

Preview edit: Yay! A scum lynch -- a great way to start 2011! :excited:
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:37 am

Post by Equinox »

Spoiler: Commentary Track (Part 2)
Confused. Let's summarize. Paraphrased...

Nikanor: jasonT1981 needs moar votes.
RedCoyote: Is it coincidence that your vote's on him right now?
Nikanor: I'm, like, a day cop. jasonT1981 is scum, confirmed by me.
RedCoyote: But I'm serious! People may think you're still RVSing.
imkingdavid: Why'd you claim so early?
Furcolow: Wait, are you serious?
Nikanor: Vote was random, now it's srsbsns. Claim was not srs.
jasonT1981: He's lying! He is not a day cop! If he were, he'd know my true role!
jasonT1981: Okay, I see that he really was lying. He could've outted the real cop, so my vote stays.
Elmo: Wait, shouldn't you already know he was lying?
jasonT1981: Well, he admitted to it. I'm referring to this.
Elmo: Weird way of putting it. Why did you word it that way?
jasonT1981: I thought it was implied.
Furcolow: He worded it to avoid you semantics nitpickers.

Slightly less confused... in that I'm very curious about why Furcolow jumped to jasonT1981's defense there.

Eww, post 155.

Supplemental to post 163: Nikanor's admission posted at 11:26, jasonT1981's initial accusation posted at 11:35, and jasonT1981's follow-up accusation posted at 11:37. Post 140 is knee-jerk reaction to post 139, timing fits. Post 139 should be knee-jerk reaction to Nikanor's claim post. Time to read material between claim post and admission post should be in the neighborhood of 10-15 minutes. jasonT1981's story checks out. Not sure what that means, but at least I am now less confused.

Oso gets a gold star. Good catch, sir.

I Am Innocent's 174 is honest.
In post 177, mongoose wrote:looking at furcolows last 4 posts he says he thinks we should hurry up and lynch someone, but doesn't say anything contributive as for WHO to lynch. then he gives a vote without information. I don't like that at all.

nothing else really jumped out at me

unvote, vote furcolow
Hmm... Not sure how to read this.

Dry-fit
and jasonT1981 are probably not scum together. He's being opportunistic.

Quote walls like this make me sad, too. Furcolow's defense is soaked in WIFOM, but whatever. His push for Dry-fit at this point smells like bussing, but I need to reexamine. This, too. >> Note to self: Furcolow says Dry-fit is being wagoned and doesn't answer others' attacks. The latter is partly true. Regarding the former, the first to vote was Oso in post 125, followed by Furcolow in 168 when he "followed [his] heart" (WTF that means), and then followed by Locke Lamora in post 172. Furcolow's accusation was in post 185. Dry-fit posted in 159 and 181.
In post 196, Furcolow wrote:I can get behind percy this game. His post feels really protown.
I probably shouldn't be ragging on this guy as much as I am, but dammit, this line is so blatant.

Starting from where I left off on page 9.

Why so serious, jasonT1981? I thought it was obvious Nikanor was joking with the "I'm a day cop" comment; that doesn't preclude the seriousness of his vote. What's going on?

I remember Benmage being antagonistic in Cereal Killers 3 months ago, but here he's just being a prick. Wondering if that difference is related to alignment...

Oh, cool. RedCoyote summarized the whole jasonT1981-Nikanor conversation, too.

Here we go again, from post 223.

Stray thought: I should mark down havingfitz's, Locke Lamora's, and Sotty7's suspect lists and see if there's anything in common.

Oh, no. The dreaded gut, this time from Locke Lamora to Benmage.

Wait, what? I should probably refresh my memory from Furcolow's last post and see if I see what he's seeing. Okay. Post 212, he's "suspicious" of Benmage and Dry-fit and has slight scum reads on Elmo and IAI. Post 228 (also linked above), Furcolow voted Benmage for something that "[made] no sense" to Furcolow. In the interim, RedCoyote mentioned that he felt it was odd that Benmage tunneled on a slot Benmage believed was town (IAI). Okay, shit. I don't know if I made any sense to myself at all. Erm, moving on...

Yay Oso for doing a complete re-read. I love those. ...and that was enlightening.

Um. I should stop being surprised by Furcolow. But... what? I mean, he set it up in post 230 with the whole "well, out of the 3, jasonT1981's the most suspicious." Few posts later, he's like, "I don't want jasonT1981 cleared." Um, WTF?

A few days ago, I had to stop for the day because I was tunneling Furcolow, which was coloring my read of the game. Well, here I am again. I want to lynch him. What I'm really curious about is why Benmage (I think it was Benmage) says Furcolow is town and is sure enough about this to call off any votes on him.
In post 233, Furcolow wrote:We have about 2 weeks still to lynch, so this isn't damning, but JasonT should have his vote out somewhere by now. I am happy to lynch him because I feel if he was town his vote would be
somewhere
:roll:

Oh, hey, Benmage has a story behind forgetting how the lynch mechanic worked in post 205. (Did I seriously miss this the first time I read it? It's not in here.)

(One huge quote wall investigation later...) Looks like an honest mistake to me. :V
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:39 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

re-reasding my reasons of suspicion early on this stands out
jasonT1981 wrote:sorry, have not been on as much been packing for London and had friends over to the house so not spent much time on here. I would suspect there is scum on my wagon as it seems an easy lynch now especially with how my words are twisted... Scum suspects are IAI, Elmo and Fur.. this post is all wrong in my opinion
Furcolow wrote:
unvote;
vote: jasont1981

i don't want him to be cleared
if he was scum he would have made the same defense he made
i haven't heard anything from him, and i read nikanor as town
we can take our time, there is no rush. even if we don't get a lynch by halloween, or if we do, the day will still keep going.

We have about 2 weeks still to lynch, so this isn't damning, but JasonT should have his vote out somewhere by now. I am happy to lynch him because I feel if he was town his vote would be
somewhere
He DOESNT want me to be cleared? why???? because it will actually mean him to scumhunt or look elsewhere.. as I said, I am the popular wagon.. this all feels like a easy jump on to me.

Has not heard anything from me? ive posted quite a bit... every day in fact near enough except for yesterday..

tries to make me scummier by saying I have no vote atm.. if he looks back I have had a few of them Furs post is nothing but a quick bandwagon jump in an attempt to push a lynch.

vote:Furcolow
note he does NOT want me to be cleared... easy lynch as I was under a lot of pressure at the time due to fake cop claim reaction. Also a reaction to a legit V/LA that the mod and some players knew about
Furcolow wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:Guys, I am really sorry. But I am on V/LA as of now. I am getting an early night and leaving tomorrow morning and won't be back home until Tuesday afternoon/evening.. depending on how late I get back into Belfast on monday night.
cute you can't defend yourself, because you're "v/la"
sure.
for some reason, I don't believe this.
also this, too big to quote

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 3#p2606823
Furcolow wrote:
he's not my partner

i have no idea as of his alignment
i just dont want to mislynch

vote: dry-fit
scum slip in bold?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Equinox »

Spoiler: Commentary Track (Part 3)
In post 237, mongoose wrote:redcoyote: I caught his claim but it was a joke, since he had admitted to lying a few posts later. All of that happened while I was asleep iirc. I didn't think too much of it until the whole Jason thin evolved which was a rather stupid case. He made a mistake. I can see why he kept the vote on after he admitted to joking. After finding out is was a vanilla game he took it off. Unvoting was a possibility, but he had a case and maybe a bit of regret in his vote. I excuse that.
I don't know, does this look like scum protecting a buddy? Doesn't feel like it to me.

Got some down time right now.
In post 239, mongoose wrote:I dont see anything wrong with dryfit to be honest. I think everything he has said can be justified.
Aha! He protects his scum buddies. Only problem is that he does this to enough people that I can't effectively discern between protecting scum buddy and buddying scummy town. Yargh! I guess I can have some comfort in knowing he's not a busser. (But bussing's the easier of the two to read. Yargh again.)

Wait, wait. He's voting Furcolow?
In post 240, Sotty7 wrote:It's easy and weak in my eyes because I have played a bunch of games with Jason. This is how he fails as a townie, he acts before he thinks. As scum he is much more calm and controlled.
I love you, Sotty7. This saves me metagaming jasonT1981.

What the fuck?

Hmm. As of right now, town read on IAI and jasonT1981, mild town read on Benmage, I don't know about Nikanor, and headsplosion read on Furcolow.

Now I see why Benmage called for Percy's lynch for so long.
In post 267, Furcolow wrote:i liked
dry-fits
:lol:

I'll assume he meant post 255, which was indeed written by Dry-fit, since Benmage's 257 is about scum advantage in mountainous games in general. Eh. On the surface, if you didn't pay any attention to the game at all, Dry-fit's post does look like it makes sense, with the comment about the RedCoyote wagon tacked on the end. Oh, hey, wait a minute. What the hell happened to Furcolow's suspicion of Dry-fit, anyway?

(This is why I'm taking so fucking long.) Isolation of Furcolow reveals: Post 168 (iso 17), votes for Dry-fit presumably on gut. Post 183 (iso 18), happy with a "quicklynch" of Dry-fit. Post 185 (iso 19), explains his vote on Dry-fit. Post 196 (iso 20), buddies Percy and asks him to join wagon against Dry-fit. Post 212 (iso 21), Dry-fit is still suspicious. Etc., etc. Post 230 (iso 27), of {jasonT1981, imkingdavid, Furcolow}, Furcolow thinks jasonT1981 is most likely to be scum.*

* = {jasonT1981, imkingdavid, Furcolow} taken from Oso's 229.

Continuing Furcolow isolation. Post 233 (iso 28), Furcolow votes jasonT1981. Dry-fit has completely vanished from this guy's reads. In the meantime, Furcolow continues tunneling jasonT1981 and even attacks him for going V/LA. Post 267 (iso 33), where I am now, Furcolow "likes" Dry-fit's post. And there's really nothing Dry-fit said between 212 and 230 that could break a scum read.

Fuck, I think I'm tunneling. Maybe I should just lynch Furcolow now?
In post 277, KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:Furcolow seems to like any lynch that either is generally agreed upon by the majority, or that threatens him.
...and now I rest.

I stopped taking notes after this (not that I made much progress in reading after I stopped, since I'm on page, like, 13 (:oops:) -- but like I said, filled with bloodlust for Furcolow at this point).
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:56 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

thanks for posting that Equinox. very interesting stuff. Fur is the lynch that wins us the game now I am convinced.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Equinox »

I just realized something.
Furcolow wrote:You're welcome.
Benmage, could you list who we are going to lynch?
In order!
The bold portion implies a series of mislynches.

Go, wagon, go!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Thor665 »

Guys, seriously, a furc run?

Remember when furc sort of blindly lumbered onto the Dry-fit wagon "following his heart" as his only real logic and then suggested Dry-fit should be quicklynched? Quicklynched! Dry-fit had just then managed to barely tie with the other top wagon, and furc had left the alternate top competing wagon (on jasonT who had "scumslipped" remember that?) to try to get Dry-fit lynched. That just doesn't make sense if he was Dry's scumbuddy. Equi is obv. scum who is just trying to roll out a lynch on a player with a disliked playstyle so he'll still have me around for a mislynch tomorrow.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:24 am

Post by Equinox »

The failure of 1432 aside...
Equinox wrote:I want Furcolow to swing
at all costs
I bet my own lynch on this.
Deal?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:31 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Funny thing is, Fur said I scum slipped over my reaction but as I highlighted.. he too didn't actually realize there was not actually a cop in the game
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:41 am

Post by Thor665 »

Equinox wrote:
I bet my own lynch on this.
Deal?
That's not a smart play for either scum or town to offer, so I'm not sure what you expect my conclusion of it to be. How about you instead address my logic for clearing furc instead of just dismissing it by calling it fail - I'm sure in that giant wall o' text on furc you addressed those points already.

I would be willing to make a deal that we lynch you and that if game continues and furc lives to tomorrow I'll consider him as a potential suspect along with everyone else. Is that a deal?

@jasonT - yeah, he didn't. I personally take that as a town tell on both of you.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Equinox »

Thor665, I have nothing to lose in making this bet. If Furcolow flips town, I will be suspect for pushing an "easy mislynch." Besides, my only suspect if Furcolow isn't scum is you by process of elimination, and we have 3 shots remaining before game over. I only make this bet when I'm dead certain of something, and right now, I cannot see Furcolow being anything but scum.

I do not accept your proposal. In fact, I will not support any lynch other than Furcolow's today. If, by some terrible twist of fate, I am wrong, do whatever you will with me, but until then, I want Furcolow dead.

Since you asked for it, Thor665 -- the "failure" refers to your accusation that I am pushing an "easy mislynch" on Furcolow. That is an excessively easy accusation to make these days, and there's even an MD thread about it. I have a rant to accompany that, but it's not particularly relevant to the situation at hand, so I'll spare you. In general, I think "He's pushing an easy wagon on a VI!" to be a very poor case.
Furcolow wrote:Remember when furc sort of blindly lumbered onto the Dry-fit wagon "following his heart" as his only real logic and then suggested Dry-fit should be quicklynched? Quicklynched! Dry-fit had just then managed to barely tie with the other top wagon, and furc had left the alternate top competing wagon (on jasonT who had "scumslipped" remember that?) to try to get Dry-fit lynched.
And then Furcolow jumped right back on jasonT1981 as if he never suspected Dry-fit at all:
In the third commentary track, Equinox wrote:
:lol:

I'll assume he meant post 255, which was indeed written by Dry-fit, since Benmage's 257 is about scum advantage in mountainous games in general. Eh. On the surface, if you didn't pay any attention to the game at all, Dry-fit's post does look like it makes sense, with the comment about the RedCoyote wagon tacked on the end. Oh, hey, wait a minute. What the hell happened to Furcolow's suspicion of Dry-fit, anyway?

(This is why I'm taking so fucking long.) Isolation of Furcolow reveals: Post 168 (iso 17), votes for Dry-fit presumably on gut. Post 183 (iso 18), happy with a "quicklynch" of Dry-fit. Post 185 (iso 19), explains his vote on Dry-fit. Post 196 (iso 20), buddies Percy and asks him to join wagon against Dry-fit. Post 212 (iso 21), Dry-fit is still suspicious. Etc., etc. Post 230 (iso 27), of {jasonT1981, imkingdavid, Furcolow}, Furcolow thinks jasonT1981 is most likely to be scum.*

* = {jasonT1981, imkingdavid, Furcolow} taken from Oso's 229.

Continuing Furcolow isolation. Post 233 (iso 28), Furcolow votes jasonT1981. Dry-fit has completely vanished from this guy's reads. In the meantime, Furcolow continues tunneling jasonT1981 and even attacks him for going V/LA. Post 267 (iso 33), where I am now, Furcolow "likes" Dry-fit's post. And there's really nothing Dry-fit said between 212 and 230 that could break a scum read.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:45 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Thor, please reread Posts 323 - 374 and tell me that Furc pushed hard on Dry Fit, I instead see him unvote him multiple times, once at L-1, pushing other lynches like RC.

Speaking of this, look at this post by jasonT. If we are right about Furc, major props on that call! (PS - look at how Furc responds to this post by jasonT, calls him a VI...)
jasonT1981 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:Jason, give me your strongest scum and town reads in your next post. Just a couple will do, reasons why not expected but welcome.

Fur
Dry-fit
Baby Spice.

I feel Fur and Dry are clinging to 'my sumslip' and still wanting to push it. BS has come in making accusations of others and once again pushing cases that many are satisifed have been explained. As well as trying to push dirt onto players.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:45 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Thor665 wrote:I would be willing to make a deal that we lynch you and that if game continues and furc lives to tomorrow I'll consider him as a potential suspect
along with everyone else
. Is that a deal?
What do you exactly mean by the underlined?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:49 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Post 364 (in response to 363 which I quoted above):
Furcolow wrote:so you are attacking your attackers
that's totally town bro

i believe you're a VI honestly
town-vi, jason
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Equinox »

Hmm... A thought just came to me.

Thor665, how strong is your read on Furcolow?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

I Am Innocent wrote:Thor, please reread Posts 323 - 374 and tell me that Furc pushed hard on Dry Fit, I instead see him unvote him multiple times, once at L-1, pushing other lynches like RC.

Speaking of this, look at this post by jasonT. If we are right about Furc, major props on that call! (PS - look at how Furc responds to this post by jasonT, calls him a VI...)
1. I promise to do this sometime tomorrow and offer thoughts. I find his aggressive willingness to vote anyone to be a town tell though. (not a good play tell, but still ;))
2. I'm not sure i follow your point here. jasonT says he suspects furc and furc claims a town read on jason, what's the evidence in that for furc being scum?
I Am Innocent wrote:
Thor665 wrote:I would be willing to make a deal that we lynch you and that if game continues and furc lives to tomorrow I'll consider him as a potential suspect
along with everyone else
. Is that a deal?
What do you exactly mean by the underlined?
Just that. If I end up in the double lynch mylo tomorrow I'm going to need to reassess everything I currently hold as true in this game.
Equinox wrote:Thor665, how strong is your read on Furcolow?
I'm actually not sure how to classify strength of a read. I'll go with weaker than the ones on you, Ben, and jason, probably equivalent to the IAI read.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Benmage »

I'm willing to vote Furc.

unvote vote Furclow
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:24 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Thor665 wrote:
I Am Innocent wrote:Thor, please reread Posts 323 - 374 and tell me that Furc pushed hard on Dry Fit, I instead see him unvote him multiple times, once at L-1, pushing other lynches like RC.

1. I promise to do this sometime tomorrow and offer thoughts. I find his aggressive willingness to vote anyone to be a town tell though. (not a good play tell, but still ;))
2. I'm not sure i follow your point here. jasonT says he suspects furc and furc claims a town read on jason, what's the evidence in that for furc being scum?
Assuming Furc is scum, Jason calls out all 3 scum at that point. Furc immediately follows that up with a VI comment towards Jason. Sounds like an attempt to discredit Jason imo, who is onto all 3 scum right there...
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Ben - any particular reasoning on that one, I thought me and Equi were your last two?

@IAI - So you seriously think all three scum were trying to push through a jason mislynch with the logic of a weak scumslip (from two of them) and nothing much at all from the last? I'll admit if that's the scumteam it's not the most dangerous scum team ever, but I'm still pretty sure they understand the basic concept of not all pushing a single mislynch at the same time.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Benmage »

Thor665 wrote:@Ben - any particular reasoning on that one, I thought me and Equi were your last two?
Furc is one of those up and down reads, and the only town tell for him is he's always reckless....but his tailend voting on both scum wagons and then trying to right that off as a towntell looks like (possibly) shitty scum bussing.

And I think you could be a final scum, but I never said Equi was one of my last suspects, hence voting you and still willing to hang you....In fact I find that slot quite town.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

If you see Equi as town either you are quite dumb or I am - and I prefer to think of myself as brilliant because it makes me feel good about myself.

Why do you think all the scum dogpiled on jasonT at once?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by Equinox »

I was going to follow up my earlier question to Thor665 with another question, but then while on the road, I remembered that Thor665 has been boxing himself in all day by proclaiming that only my slot could be scum. While I remember Thor665-scum doing a PoE sort of thing in another game, that was closer to endgame than this situation here; Thor665 can't do an opportunistic 180 without looking bad. Heck, I Am Innocent is picking him apart now for even mentioning the possibility.

But I think we've won the game, so whatever. :V /cockiness
Thor665 wrote:@IAI - So you seriously think
all three scum were trying to push through a jason mislynch
with the logic of a weak scumslip (from two of them) and nothing much at all from the last? I'll admit if that's the scumteam it's not the most dangerous scum team ever, but I'm still pretty sure they understand the basic concept of not all pushing a single mislynch at the same time.
Bold portion is incorrect. mongoose was on the opposing side:
mongoose wrote:jason's thing about the cop seems kinda pointless. People make mistake and I dont think the fact that he didn't read the set up makes him scum. TBH I forgot the game had no PR's as well.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:18 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Equinox wrote:
Thor665 wrote:@IAI - So you seriously think
all three scum were trying to push through a jason mislynch
with the logic of a weak scumslip (from two of them) and nothing much at all from the last? I'll admit if that's the scumteam it's not the most dangerous scum team ever, but I'm still pretty sure they understand the basic concept of not all pushing a single mislynch at the same time.
Bold portion is incorrect. mongoose was on the opposing side:
mongoose wrote:jason's thing about the cop seems kinda pointless. People make mistake and I dont think the fact that he didn't read the set up makes him scum. TBH I forgot the game had no PR's as well.
Thanks for doing that, I just haven't had the time.

Dry Fit - Pushing Jason Lynch
Mongoose - Defending Jason Lynch
Furc - Pushing anyone not named Furc.

Yeah that sounds about right.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:57 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Final Vote Count of Day 4 Phase 2:

Furcolow - 4 (Equinox, I Am Innocent, JasonT1981, Benmage)
Equinox - 1 (Thor665)

Not Voting: (Furcolow)

With 6 alive it's 4 to lynch

Deadline for both phases of day 4 is Tuesday, January 11th at 10am CST

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”