Mini 1102 - Rivertown Mafia (Game Over!)

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Fugitive wrote:
InflatablePie wrote:
el simo wrote:I am still yet to see a case on him. The only two arguments made against him sum up to he is a learning player. I won't let him garner suspicion because other players can't tell between scum and noob.
Mmhmm, but it wouldn't have mattered as much if he woulda defended himself first or something. Now it just looks like you're jumping to his defense at the slightest suspicions, and you should understand why that seems scummy.
Holy shit, a post that doesn't have a picture?
Content is still a bit lacking though, that was just game theory.

What are your thoughts on furcolow?
Like I said earlier, he's mostly a nullread. I can see why the VI account thing pinged some scumdars, but I'm having a hard time getting a read. Might read him in ISO later, but I can't promise I won't be lazy. :P

Mind answering my question about 3K and soras? Post 407.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by Fugitive »

Sorry, missed this with the umbrage stuff on my itouch.
InflatablePie wrote: B) You mention OMGUS-style posting and flying back under the radar once something's blown over. Do you feel the same about sorasgoof's posting and 3K's activity levels before/after pressure (respectively)?
Not so much about Tk, he's actually not been posting much overall. Not to say I don't find him scummy, I just don't find him scummy for his activity levels. I don't really get that vibe as much from soras either, though more than Tk, because he seems to at least be trying to defend himself and his activity seems fairly consistent as well, but there was a bit of a drop off. Nothing too notable from either.

Also, don't be lazy. :P
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Fugitive wrote:
InflatablePie wrote: B) You mention OMGUS-style posting and flying back under the radar once something's blown over. Do you feel the same about sorasgoof's posting and 3K's activity levels before/after pressure (respectively)?
Not so much about Tk, he's actually not been posting much overall. Not to say I don't find him scummy, I just don't find him scummy for his activity levels. I don't really get that vibe as much from soras either, though more than Tk, because he seems to at least be trying to defend himself and his activity seems fairly consistent as well, but there was a bit of a drop off. Nothing too notable from either.
I was referring to 3K's sudden activity burst until pressure went off of him, now he's posting to avoid prods. And soras' OMGUS-tyle posting. Dunno if you got that, because I'm still a little confused by that answer.

I'll read up on fur sometime tonight or tomorrow afternoon and will try and get a decent read by then.

Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by Fugitive »

InflatablePie wrote:
Fugitive wrote:
I was referring to 3K's sudden activity burst until pressure went off of him, now he's posting to avoid prods. And soras' OMGUS-tyle posting. Dunno if you got that, because I'm still a little confused by that answer.

I'll read up on fur sometime tonight or tomorrow afternoon and will try and get a decent read by then.
Ooh, I thought you were talking about the activity levels of both.

Tk, from the games I've seen, does have bursts of activity. Just look at SHM5. I don't think it's notable. Especially around this time of year. He should be posting more though. Furcolow was notable because his posting was consistent until suspicion, then dropped without a word about why. That's not the main reason I'm suspicious of him though, so I'd rather not blow it out of proportion. It's convenient, yes, but as I said this time of year is a bit hectic, so my other reasons for why he's scum are much more important to me.

soras, as you can see by my reads, is already a large suspect of mine. I think el simo's recent post about his votes is really quite telling. I'm not really getting the OMGUS vibe so much from him though. I think he's more following than anything, I don't see him turning around on people that are suspicious of him simply because they're suspicious of him.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

I was going to point out how scummy Umbrage was over the past few posts of his, but you guys have covered that pretty thoroughly. I wouldn't want to say anything about it, though, because it'd be parroting. So I'm just going to not say anything about it. And I won't vote him, either. That'd be jumping on a bandwagon. I can't unvote, for that matter. That'd be jumping off a bandwagon. So, to myself, I'll just note that he is becoming more scummy. Right. Oh, wait, I better say SOMETHING, because then I'm lurking, and under the circumstances, that's "dropping under the radar" after having suspicion put on me. Oh, great, I'm really in a bind now.

Can you guys see why I get so fed up with you all? Anything I try to do, with valid reasoning or otherwise, the above paragraph is how I feel. And didn't Fugitive say the ones who post MORE have more suspicion put on them, to whoever said the opposite?

Can you guys just lynch me and get this over with? >_>
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by el simo »

I love how you want us to lynch you but don't want to claim.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:40 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Now you're blowing things out of proportion.
InflatablePie wrote:Also, your last few posts have just been "God, the people who are attacking me are doing it for stupid reasons." but I haven't seen you
point out what those reasons are
. Maybe I missed it, and if I did, point it out.
If you aren't scum, you shouldn't care so much if people think what you're doing is scummy. If you cam up with an original thought or had townie motivations behind ANYTHING you've been doing, and could explain it as such, we'd reconsider our opinions (possibly - and at least I might, can't speak for others though). But right now you're being OMGUSy towards everyone suspecting you and being overdramatic because people find you scummy for it.

In other words, quit bitching and try to prove us wrong.
sorasgoof wrote:Can you guys just lynch me and get this over with? >_>
This doesn't earn you more townie points y'know. Also, I have no image for this at the moment. :(

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Lastly, after a very quick skim of Furcolow (laziness prevails!), he's playing an aggressive yet slightly ADD type style, but he seems to be attempting to scumhunt at least. Leaning town for now.

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:44 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

And something about el simo's post rubs me the wrong way, just like Umbrage's softclaim post a little while back.

/postwhore

sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

@el simo: It's because I'm a Jester.

@Pie: I don't really care about townie points.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by el simo »

You still have a chance to prove us wrong.
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by Olinea »

Apologies for the lack of activity in this game, I'm trying to pick it up. It's winter break and all that, yada yada ya.
ortiz1193 wrote:^^good vote.
You support the vote.
ortiz1193 wrote:I've had a bad feeling about Soras for a while.
You think Soras is slightly scummy. Note that "a bad feeling" is pretty ambiguous.

I'm content with my Umbrage vote at the moment, but TK is pretty scummy and I've had a bad feeling about Soras for a while. I'm really confident at least one of those 3 is scum. I'm gonna reread the 3 of them because I think I might prefer one of the other two lynches over Umbrage. Also, not sure what to think of CB. I get the scummiest vibe ever from him but I don't know if he's actually scum or if it's just his playstyle.

Note: Pie is not playing his scum meta at all. He could've changed, but I'm pretty convinced he's town at this point. I have a pretty good idea of what his scum meta is because I pretty much based mine off of it >_> (and I stalk his games).
No vote, FoS, anything.

That's what I mean by wishy-washy.

Someone asked me what my scumreads were. I think
Umbrage
is playing a bit aggressively in a bad sort of way, he appears "no-nonsense" at a glance but he appears much too lynch-happy to me. He pairs Furcolow and el simo together so much that they might as well be joined at the hip in his mind (For the record, I recall reading that simo-Furcolow game, though I don't remember much about it except Furcolow claimed Cop D1 and made a big fuss) My read on him shifts slightly but for a large part of the game he's rubbed me the wrong way.
Ortiz
is playing a bit mildly, this may be paranoia on the fact that I got burned pretty bad by him in our last game, but it doesn't fit what I saw coming from him in SHMWT. As a possible third I'd be inclined to choose
Furcolow
but this is mainly based on the fact that it appeared he tried to cover up his activity drought by posting a lot of snippets. Also, which is of note, Umbrage disapproved of me and chamber posting snippets earlier on but he appears to have no problem with Furcolow doing so.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by Olinea »

Oh, hey, is my vote still on el simo? Just in case,

Unvote
Vote: Umbrage
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
Thirdkoopa
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Thirdkoopa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:33 pm

Post by Thirdkoopa »

Hey guys, I'm finally back! I was hanging out with my friends and yeah... Sudden burst of activity again. Won't need a replacement since I'm finally less busy.

I'll catch up and reply to anything I missed. Not going to be lazy this time and see what I can get from reading things. Nice to see Fugi around.
ortiz1193
ortiz1193
Goon
ortiz1193
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by ortiz1193 »

Olinea wrote:Apologies for the lack of activity in this game, I'm trying to pick it up. It's winter break and all that, yada yada ya.
You support the vote.
ortiz1193 wrote:I've had a bad feeling about Soras for a while.
You think Soras is slightly scummy. Note that "a bad feeling" is pretty ambiguous.

I'm content with my Umbrage vote at the moment, but TK is pretty scummy and I've had a bad feeling about Soras for a while. I'm really confident at least one of those 3 is scum. I'm gonna reread the 3 of them because I think I might prefer one of the other two lynches over Umbrage. Also, not sure what to think of CB. I get the scummiest vibe ever from him but I don't know if he's actually scum or if it's just his playstyle.

Note: Pie is not playing his scum meta at all. He could've changed, but I'm pretty convinced he's town at this point. I have a pretty good idea of what his scum meta is because I pretty much based mine off of it >_> (and I stalk his games).
No vote, FoS, anything.

That's what I mean by wishy-washy.
:|

"Good vote. I have a bad feeling about Soras. Let me reread everyone."

Good vote implies it is a good vote on Soras. Why would I approve of a vote on someone? Because I think they are, or are likely scum. Using this context, there is no ambiguity. Next, I say that I will reread. Literally 5 posts later, I proceeded to reread, and post Soras as my 2nd scumread. There was no wishy-washy. I said I had a bad feeling, rechecked, and solidified my stance. I have already covered all of this.

And FoSes are a worthless waste of space imo. Don't expect to see one from me, ever.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:14 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Fugitive wrote:You're really trying to play that off as questioning a weird statement rather than rolefishing?
REALLY?
I'd like to hear outside opinions on that. I've rarely seen more obvious rolefishes.
This.

Also I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I think soras is probably town. He seems genuinely frustrated.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Nicodemus »

I'm still here, I still haven't had time to read. Give me one more week and I'll be back at school, and I'll have much more consistent access to a computer.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:53 am

Post by Umbrage »

Olinea wrote:Also, which is of note, Umbrage disapproved of me and chamber posting snippets earlier on but he appears to have no problem with Furcolow doing so.
With Furcolow, it's far more obvious, and he's a new player. He's already taking a lot of flak. Why would you feel the need to remark that the sky is blue?
ThAdmiral wrote:Also I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I think soras is probably town. He seems genuinely frustrated.
He probably is genuinely frustrated. But that doesn't mean he's town.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:28 am

Post by InflatablePie »

ThAdmiral wrote:
Fugitive wrote:You're really trying to play that off as questioning a weird statement rather than rolefishing?
REALLY?
I'd like to hear outside opinions on that. I've rarely seen more obvious rolefishes.
This.

Also I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I think soras is probably town. He seems genuinely frustrated.
*nods concerning rolefish*

Concerning soras, it's possible he's frustrated town, but his posts haven't been the greatest quality... Hmm. I'm slowly feeling worse about Umbrage (probably not enough to warrant a vote yet though), which in turn makes me feel better about soras, so...

Unvote, Vote: ThirdKoopa
until I can un-confuse myself.
Nicodemus wrote:I'm still here, I still haven't had time to read. Give me one more week and I'll be back at school, and I'll have much more consistent access to a computer.
Umm.

Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:50 am

Post by Umbrage »

InflatablePie wrote:
Nicodemus wrote:I'm still here, I still haven't had time to read. Give me one more week and I'll be back at school, and I'll have much more consistent access to a computer.
Umm.
This shall be interesting...
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:47 am

Post by el simo »

Boy I sure am looking forward to this read...
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by Fugitive »

unvote

Because my vote is doing no good where it is. This doesn't mean my reads have changed. I'll put somewhere a little more useful:

Vote: Cyberbob

Obligatory lolNico.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Umbrage wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Also I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I think soras is probably town. He seems genuinely frustrated.
He probably is genuinely frustrated. But that doesn't mean he's town.
His reactions feel like they are frustrated town rather than frustrated scum imo. My gut isn't very good at telling me who is scum but it is pretty good at telling me whether frustrated reactions are town, for what its worth.

3k and Cyberbob really need to post. Having done a quick reread those are the two I would feel most comfortable lynching.

vote: thirdkoopa
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by Umbrage »

Yeah, ThirdKoopa kind of disappeared. But I still like a Furcolow lynch.

Unvote, vote: Furcolow
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by Fugitive »

Umbrage wrote:
Unvote, vote: Furcolow
Couldn't you have done this sooner so I didn't have to bother with that other post/vote change? Now my vote is just as useful on Fur as Cyber. Fun stuff.

unvote, vote: Furcolow

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”