EtherealCookie, Powerrox93, curiouskarmadog

Implosion (0) -

EtherealCookie (2) -
I Am Innocent, themanhimself

Saint (0) -

Not Voting (4) -
Helghast, implosion, SnakePlissken, DarlaBlueEyes

With 23 Alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is currently set for Thursday January 13, 2011 at 9:00 pm EST.

You guys finally let me get the top of a page :) Going to start a replacement search for EC and Helghast within a few hours.
Last edited by The Eruci on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:53 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

screw it, changed my mind a Wrath vig is good to go. Helghast still has a higher priority though.

@didden, do you refuse to vig anyone that's not WC/Helghast? I

anyone not doing so Vig votes plz, (LynchMePls, Helghast, Nero Cain, DarlaBlueEyes, Q21, SnakePlissken, EtherealCookie)

Think we should Vig around a weekish before the deadline, vote wagons are still scattered and that'll give a decent amount of time to plan out the lynch based on the flip. Yay or Nay?
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:57 am

Post by q21 »

lateralus - at the moment my feeling is that the next person to die should be powerrox, regardless of the manner. If diddin is going to force a choice between helgast and WC, then WC.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:57 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Saint wrote:Vig a noob or hang diddin.
This
NEEDS
to be explained. If I'm interpreting this correctly, it's telling diddin to kill a newbie, and diddin in his right mind is going to kill based on how scummy someone is, not how new something is.
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Parama wrote:Stop wallposting.
I haven't and am not going to read the past 20 posts.
why? The guy you are voting is posting…aren’t you trying to look for scum?

Vote Parama.

Is that vote scummy? What are your top three scum suspects? Are you going to see this vote because you are not reading “walls of text”?
This makes sense on paper, but I'm having a hard time digesting the wall posts too. Why does Parama get singled out while I get a free pass?

~Tags fixed per request.
Last edited by The Eruci on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:58 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: Move the starting CKD quote tag down to be before the starting Parama vote tag.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:58 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

EBWOP: the starting Parama quote tag

Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Yay or Nay about the vig timing guys?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Lateralus22 wrote:Yay or Nay about the vig timing guys?
Yay.

WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by WrathChild »

Lateralus22 wrote:
I vote Helghast cause he has a
better chance
of being scum than me.
You don't sound very certain about this. You're seriously making me confused as hell >.>
As I said before, I don't find Helghast incredibly scummy, but am becoming a bit more suspicious of him as new points are raised, however I do know my alignment and not Helghast's alignment.
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Can you tell which "new" points have risen exactly? Preferably within 30 seconds.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by WrathChild »

Lateralus22 wrote:Can you tell which "new" points have risen exactly? Preferably within 30 seconds.
The only opinion he has given is that he doesn't see me as scum. You brought up his unproductiveness and I took note. I don't see him being particularly scummy and I don't like how you are trying to get me to build a case on him when I don't see him as that scummy.

As far as Vigging him, hell yes I'd like it to be him over me. Plenty of people are opinionated on me or him and I see the value of vigging one of us. I'm not playing "poor me" here.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

His unproductive play was brought up... like 2 weeks ago or something. Why didn't that strike you as scummy then?
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by WrathChild »

Lateralus22 wrote:His unproductive play was brought up... like 2 weeks ago or something. Why didn't that strike you as scummy then?
Because I was V/LA and just keeping up. Lots of people have been uproductive this game and when you mentioned it recently I went back and looked at him and realized it was borderline scummy.

Here's a list of unproductive people this game:
-Helghast (This has been discussed plenty already)
-Lynchme (The ONLY thing he has done all game is attack me for calling out his /barn and "Lurker Hunting")
-Parama (Do yourself a favor and read all of his posts, especially the recent ones)
-Powerrox (See Q21 546-547)
-Snake (With all of 2 posts I hope he will be replaced)

I definately don't feel I belong on that list.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

@SC, digesting long posts and reading the posts of who you "supposedly think is scum" are two different things...I dont think Para, really thinks WC is scum.

also, I want to change my vig vote to Para.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

OK, what you're doing makes sense.

Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

WrathChild wrote:-Helghast (This has been discussed plenty already)
I still cannot see why Helghast is so scummy.
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Why do you think he's town? There's gotta be a reason.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Okay, I am having a really hard time getting my head around previous posts, this is my first game in like, a year, so I apologize for being rusty, so instead of trying to voice opinions on what has happened thus far, I am just going to throw myself into the fray and ask that if anyone has any specific questions they'd like my take on to please ask them, and as for the vig vote, I am torn between many but I agree that so far Helghast seems to be the most reasonable candidate, though I am finding WC to be highly irrational and seems to be trying to change his take on everything to get any and all FoSes off him.

So, to sum up:
Vig Vote: Helghast
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

What do you think of Nero Cain?
Why no real vote?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Lateralus22 wrote:Why do you think he's town? There's gotta be a reason.
Power likes the chainsaw
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Okay, I am having a really hard time getting my head around previous posts, this is my first game in like, a year, so I apologize for being rusty, so instead of trying to voice opinions on what has happened thus far, I am just going to throw myself into the fray and ask that if anyone has any specific questions they'd like my take on to please ask them, and as for the vig vote, I am torn between many but I agree that so far Helghast seems to be the most reasonable candidate, though I am finding WC to be highly irrational and seems to be trying to change his take on everything to get any and all FoSes off him.

So, to sum up:
Vig Vote: Helghast
FFFFFFFFFFF

vig:powersox
vig:helghast
vig: darlablueeyes
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by diddin »

Darla is a good lynch candidate for today based on that last post.

Seems people have forgotten that my vig shot isn't what the game revolves around. We have a LYNCH VOTE too and we should use that just as much.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I've been wondering, did you kill Muh?

DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I cannot help that I am overwhelmed by my own inadequacies and 22 pages of long ass posts. It's been a longgggg time since I've played, just getting my feet wet again. I hardly think that's enough to constitute a lynch. As for no lynch vote I am still reviewing and it seems pretty detrimental to the town to vote blindly or simply bandwagon onto someone.

As for my read on Nero, gimmie a few to go examine his play so far and I will report back with an answer
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

First things first – since Mod has declared that scum apparently can use the 'Kill and Pass To' method to eliminate cycling powers much of my objections to Pops’ motives are not valid.

UNVOTE: Pops

--
Power wrote:I still cannot see why Helghast is so scummy.
Why post this statement in two of the last three post you have made (ISOs 13 and 15)? What scum-hunting motive does it serve to repeatedly say you don’t see someone as scummy? Why is he Town?

Here’s another question – is the sole reason your vote still sits on Parama revolve around muh’s read?

--
Lat wrote:MoI is town, don't agree with everything he says though. I'd like him to summarize his views on chk-scum because I get lost in the WoT's.
I’ll do a full ISO demonstration on chkflip in the next few days. This post is long enough as is.

--
Snake wrote:Jeez, these wall posts are really annoying. Not been on fora fair few days but will try and catch up.
So once again you wish to play to your scum meta of lurking, especially when not under pressure?

--
Saint wrote:I feel like a doctor-protected-semi-confirmed-town MoI would be very beneficial to the town on D2
Um, whut?

1. Directing the Doc – bad juju.
2. Why in the hell are you buddying up to me Furc? You have to know, given our history, that I would find it very suspicious.

--
quadz wrote:Those are far from equivalent. Mafia has some small influence on what happens in the day. They have (pretty much) 100% control over their NK. Comparing the two is basically apples and oranges.
Um what? I’ve never made any argument about the Mafia NK being equivalent to Town voting. Where are you getting this from?

--
LMP wrote:It doesn't get more blatant bandwagonny than that.
So stating you bandwagon vote with no reason is such makes it Pro-Town? Really?
LMP wrote:Lurker hunting is NOT a good place to start to find SCUM. It is a good place to start to find mislynches.
Then why didn’t you mention Pops along the same lines? She has championed that lurker hunting is good Town play.

--
Pops wrote:If you want to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that there were players who were more scummy in the town in that point in time, and that I am so competent at mafia that I wouldn't have missed that as a townie, please, go ahead, and show your work. Since town's only lynch a few percentage points above random chances, though, I somehow think there's room for honest disagreement.
So you are asking me to prove to a standard impossible to meet in a game that is subjective, as Mafia is, and to further more prove your skill at Mafia? That’s a pretty outlandish standard you have there.
Pops wrote:Seems just as dependent on flips as chainsawing. I don't see any validity going on here unless one of the targets the fence sitter feebly poked at was actually scum.
I disagree. Town doesn’t need to establish that sort of position regardless of which way the issue falls. It certainly isn’t confined to being valid only after flips.

I sense we are going to be disagreeing on many game theory issues (since I think lurking is a playstyle that is alignment independent).
Pops wrote:Explain the superior alternative method of directing the daykill.
You don’t direct it. diddin shoots who he ‘thinks’ is scum and bears the consequences. Under your method diddin has zero culpability for his shot and really doesn’t have to actively scum-hunt.
Pops wrote:Vocality is correlated with being town aligned, posting makes you readable so scum avoid posting. So unless you know that specific vocal people are scum, which you can't possibly know as town, this statement is ridiculous.
No, vocality is a function of the player, not their alignment. I can point out all sorts of examples of players who are prolific posters regardless of alignment if you wish.
Pops wrote:Why don't we do this with lynches Magna? It's quite feasible. I nominate a player we're curious about, say, chkflip. We tell chkflip to select a player to die today. He votes that person, we all vote with him, he takes full responsibility.
Because that’s a frankly stupid method to lynch by? How are you selecting chkflip? By your good looks and abrasive personality?
Pops wrote:Please, please, explain the difference. There's a reason we don't nominate "Kiras of the day" to pick someone to die. That player has an X/N chance of being scum, the amount of scum influence doesn't change with the method. The kill doesn't provide conclusive evidence about the player's alignment, chkflip might mislynch a townie because he made an honest mistake. And we get info about one players alignment instead of every single player on a giant wagon.
Are you seriously trying to equate how lynches are performed with a specific role in the game?

Every single player in the game (aside from Mr. Treestump) has the ability to scum-hunting and vote. We analyze their play based on that.

Diddin is the only current player in the game with the abililty to kill at will today (or the only player to have claimed it since he hasn’t actually shot yet). He can be judged not only on the previously mentioned voting and gameplay but also by his choice of Vig target.

You don’t increase the amount of information available by directing the vig. It is just a shadow of the regular scum-hunting going on. Yet you do remove another level of information about a player by directing diddin's actions.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”