Mini 1102 - Rivertown Mafia (Game Over!)

Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Umbrage »

@ InflatablePie:

Point #1:

You're saying that I'm scum because I pointed out tells on everybody. Suspecting everybody is just about the most pro-town thing you can do.

ortiz: I said I was trying to see the case on him, and I still am, because everyone else has called him scummy as various points in the game. Obviously, I'm starting to feel that I'm missing something. Obviously, I would want to understand why other find him scummy.
Cyberbob: I believe I've made my problems with him clear, but I don't find him scummy. There is a difference between a player you dislike, and a player you find scummy.
ThAdmiral: I have no idea what point you're trying to make here. Lurking isn't a scumtell IMO, but neither is it pro-town.
chamber: Not seeing how a gut read is scummy.
Furcolow: I am either the only player or one of few players (can't remember which) that has spoken out against the lynching of lurkers and VIs in this game.
el simo: Again, I don't see your point.
InflatablePie: IMO, there is nothing wrong with noting connections between players. Signs of buddying and distancing are standard tells.
sorasgoof: No problem here that I see.
Olinea: No problem here that I see.
ThirdKoopa: Again, gut reads aren't scummy. Our subconscious tells us things our conscious will miss.
TheLonging: Again, I have NEVER advocated a Lynch All Lurkers policy.

Point #2:

I haven't elaborated on sorasgoof because there is nothing new to add. I've made my case, and nobody has responded with a defence requiring my judgement.

Point #3:

As I've said before, Fugitive is getting a free ride in this game due to his shitty 'softclaim'. Any time I mention the obvious fact that he's scummy, I get "OMG ROLEFISHING SCUM!11". I'm sick of it. This connects with my previous point that some players in this game have been above suspicion.

Point #4:

I find it very amusing that NOBODY suspected I was scum with 3K until I pointed it out. Read over the thread if you don't believe me. In fact, I was called town for pointing you towards sorasgoof.

Point #5:

IN WHAT UNIVERSE IS FURCOLOW AN EASIER LYNCH THAN SORASGOOF???????

Point #6:

My bad. I thought my vote was on Fugitive. Cue the "OMG HE LOST TRACK OF HIS VOTE HE MUST BE TEH SCUMZ QUICKLYNCH PLZ!!111". Oh wait... LOSING TRACK OF YOUR VOTE IS NOT A FUCKING SCUMTELL!!!!!!!!!
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:09 am

Post by el simo »

Great two votes hopped off TK now we are no where near a lynch. We need to stop arguing and compromise on a lynch or we won't get one.

I want Sora gone but as I've stated I could go with 3K should push come to shove.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:18 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Umbrage wrote:You're saying that I'm scum because I pointed out tells on everybody. Suspecting everybody is just about the most pro-town thing you can do.
Not always. Actually, I find someone that's suspicious of the entire playerbase kind of scummy, depending on the context.
I haven't elaborated on sorasgoof because there is nothing new to add. I've made my case, and nobody has responded with a defence requiring my judgement.
You went from being sure he was scum and having nothing change your mind -> completely forgetting about him. At least when I switched off 3K I had my reasons, you just dropped this entirely.
As I've said before, Fugitive is getting a free ride in this game due to his shitty 'softclaim'. Any time I mention the obvious fact that he's scummy, I get "OMG ROLEFISHING SCUM!11". I'm sick of it. This connects with my previous point that some players in this game have been above suspicion.
Yes, but you only find him suspicious because of his softclaim? Besides, what reason would scum have for softclaiming? It's actually a much more pro-town thing to do. More pro-town than someone drawing attention to a softclaim for sure.
I find it very amusing that NOBODY suspected I was scum with 3K until I pointed it out. Read over the thread if you don't believe me. In fact, I was called town for pointing you towards sorasgoof.
True. But just because you mentioned it doesn't make it any less likely, it's a WIFOM situation. Why would scum point out he might be scum with another player? They wouldn't. But then that's expected, so I'm going to do the opposite and point this out, etc etc..
IN WHAT UNIVERSE IS FURCOLOW AN EASIER LYNCH THAN SORASGOOF???????
In this one. Soras topped at maybe what... three votes? Fur is rapidly gaining in votes and has been under suspicion for longer than soras, I believe.
LOSING TRACK OF YOUR VOTE IS NOT A FUCKING SCUMTELL!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I wasn't trying to imply it was a scumtell, I've lost track of my vote before. No need to get so mad about it though.
el simo wrote:Great two votes hopped off TK now we are no where near a lynch. We need to stop arguing and compromise on a lynch or we won't get one.
That's what I've been saying. By my count (check the votals yourself too), we were at 3/3/3 on the leading wagons. My switch makes it 4/3/2, does it not? So we're closer to a lynch.

I know you're not feeling a fur lynch, but you won't settle for an Umbrage lynch either? I can switch back to 3K if there's slightly more support there; he's not contributing as much lately so either of these lynches work for me.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:21 am

Post by sorasgoof »

@Pie: More important things have come up than defending stupid arguments in a mafia game. They're SO stupid, I don't even remember what they are. So, no. I probably won't do it anymore. Lynch me if you wish.

@Fugitive: I am agreeing with Furcolow's feelings in his post. It's like, who even cares anymore.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:22 am

Post by Cyberbob »

yeah I'm done with voting Fur for now I guess I just really
really
wish he'd pull his head in and stop saying stupid things that effectively act as smokescreening
Unvote, Vote: ThirdKoopa

Pie bussing Umbrage hard though if I thought a lynch on either of them was possible today I'd be right on them instead

don't much like el simo pushing the deadline paranoia thing + the "I want x gone but if I
really have to
would go with y" thing either
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:33 am

Post by InflatablePie »

sorasgoof wrote:@Pie: More important things have come up than defending stupid arguments in a mafia game. They're SO stupid, I don't even remember what they are. So, no. I probably won't do it anymore. Lynch me if you wish.
..................you need a noose or a bullet or a knife or SOMETHING. It's too bad it's way too late to get a wagon started on you. Tomorrow's another day though.
Cyberbob wrote:yeah I'm done with voting Fur for now I guess I just really
really
wish he'd pull his head in and stop saying stupid things that effectively act as smokescreening
Unvote, Vote: ThirdKoopa
I'd switch back to 3K now that I have more support on him, but I have a feeling you'd just switch off if I did so, so fuck it.

sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

Hell, hit me with all three. Stick me in the gas chamber, too.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by el simo »

Cyberbob wrote:don't much like el simo pushing the deadline paranoia thing + the "I want x gone but if I
really have to
would go with y" thing either
Yeah well I'd rather get down to business than faff about people who are a lot less likely to be today's lynches. Also you are taking my 3K comment out of context, I've stated all of the latter day that he is suspicious and the only reason he dropped on my list was my suspicion of Sugar Pie Ip Man 5000. It's not, if I really have to, it's I have no problem lynching my 2nd target over no one.
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by Fugitive »

unvote

Again, fur is not taking off. If he doesn't have a chance of being lynched today I won't waste any more time on him. I'd really prefer a CB or Fur lynch to anyone else, but in this circumstance my favorite vote for a plausible lynch is
vote: sorasgoof
. I'm not going to pretend to pull out some sort of original reasoning here, it was mostly just a gut read coupled by valid points later on brought up by others, mostly el simo, who I view as the most town player. And with the deadline so close, I'd rather have a lynch than waste it.

@Umbrage - you still haven't responded to my last post. kthx.

Is chamber V/LA or something? I don't even know that he's posted since I replaced in and he's not even being considered as scum by anyone because of the inactivity. Granted, I don't think he's scum from what I read early on, but he still needs to post.

On a side note, I think we have 3 players that have just given up. That's pretty absurd and entirely annoying to sign up for a mafia game where 1/4 of the players don't even care about playing mafia. I'd expect this on an off site game, but on Mafiascum? You guys should replace out or something.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by el simo »

sorasgoof wrote:Hell, hit me with all three. Stick me in the gas chamber, too.
Stop fucking crying I'm the ONLY ONE voting you ffs. Stop being a hopeless bum and play the damned game. You signed up for this now see it through.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

el simo wrote:Sugar Pie Ip Man 5000
Are you going to keep calling me this? Because this one I like. Ip Man was getting old.
Fugitive wrote:On a side note, I think we have 3 players that have just given up. That's pretty absurd and entirely annoying to sign up for a mafia game where 1/4 of the players don't even care about playing mafia. I'd expect this on an off site game, but on Mafiascum? You guys should replace out or something.
^
el simo wrote:Stop being a hopeless bum and play the damned game. You signed up for this now see it through.
^

soras is a good vote, but I'd much rather go with 3K or Umby right now.

Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Fugitive »

el simo wrote:
Stop fucking crying I'm the
ONLY ONE voting you ffs
. Stop being a hopeless bum and play the damned game. You signed up for this now see it through.
OMGULIAR+1SCUM

But seriously, soras needs more votes. He's much scummier than 3k. I've seen the whiny scum meta too much to blow this off now as probably town whining.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by el simo »

Right, didn't see your post before I posted.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

el simo wrote:
Stop fucking crying I'm the ONLY ONE voting you ffs. Stop being a hopeless bum and play the damned game. You signed up for this now see it through.
People like you make me not want to play this game.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

@Fugitive: You want to know why I want to be lynched? I guess I want to show everyone that people make up "scum tells," because I'm not scum. You know that "whiny scum meta" you talk about? That doesn't even apply here, anyway. When I'm scum, I don't even play the game at all. I lurk for days or weeks at a time. I threaten replacement. I'm just pissed off in this game, mostly at people like el simo and Umbrage that have some sort of elitist attitude; I think you guys deserve to learn a little about the game and rethink everything you think you know. Lynch me, see I'm a Vanilla Townie (yes, that's my claim. inb4 scum claim), feel stupid.

If I'm lynched, DO NOT let anyone say anything along the lines of, "But he was acting so scummy! I was sure he was scum!" I'm sure many people will do this, and if you REALLY look at my posts, you'll see they weren't really so scummy after all.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

EBWOTP: I think I've done my job as a Vanilla Townie, anyway. Like I said before, check any of the games on my wiki; I am a scum target every Day 1. I tend to draw people out with my Day 1 play, so before you start telling me to play the game, think about what I may have contributed under the surface/behind the scenes.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

sorasgoof wrote:think about what I may have contributed under the surface/behind the scenes.
Oh, and under the hood.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by Fugitive »

How about a list of scum then? And maybe a one sentence summary per player.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

That's two claims today. I say we lynch soras or Fur today so as not to out any more claims. We can take care of 3K or Umbrage tomorrow.

Unvote, Vote: sorasgoof

HoS: Umbrage

FoS: 3k/oritz

Fugitive wrote:How about a list of scum then? And maybe a one sentence summary per player.
^

---

soras, your play in this game has consisted of 75%+ being overdefensive and whining about being called scum, and giving reasons such as "these reasons are bullshit" for why you're town, with no further explanation. And then you sacrifice yourself, because that's totally playing to a town wincon, right? Then you wonder why people attack you every game.

I know I attacked Umbrage for jumping on the easy lynch of Fur (because Fur was saying he wanted to be lynched) and I'm now voting for an "easy lynch" in soras. However, due to the fact that we have two claims already, and both are high wagons, IMO we need to decide on one of these two now. If soras (or even fur) hadn't claimed, I'd still be pushing for Umbrage or 3K. =/

And I'd rather lynch soras than fur, by far.

Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

InflatablePie wrote:I'd switch back to 3K now that I have more support on him, but I have a feeling you'd just switch off if I did so, so fuck it.
lmao
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by el simo »

sorasgoof wrote:
el simo wrote:
People like YOU make me want to run around Bosnia shooting everything that breathes.
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

umadbro?
sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

el simo wrote:
sorasgoof wrote:
el simo wrote:
People like YOU make me want to run around Bosnia shooting everything that breathes.
Let me rephrase this: People like you make me play the way I do.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by el simo »

What, I make you play scummy?
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by Fugitive »

InflatablePie wrote:I know I attacked Umbrage for jumping on the easy lynch of Fur (because Fur was saying he wanted to be lynched) and I'm now voting for an "easy lynch" in soras. However, due to the fact that we have two claims already, and both are high wagons, IMO we need to decide on one of these two now. If soras (or even fur) hadn't claimed, I'd still be pushing for Umbrage or 3K. =/
This feels over cautious and prematurely defensive to me, qualifying your actions like that. The "I know I said this but I'm not being a hypocrite because..."

It's kind of like a sophisticated inb4 so you can do something suspicious but claim it's not suspicious.
Cyberbob wrote:
InflatablePie wrote:I'd switch back to 3K now that I have more support on him, but I have a feeling you'd just switch off if I did so, so fuck it.
lmao
Content please.
el simo wrote:
sorasgoof wrote:
el simo wrote:
Content please, guys.
sorasgoof wrote:umadbro?
Cool, this is productive and mature.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”