Open 268: Raise the White Flag (Game Over)

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:24 am

Post by bvoigt »

rekirtS wrote:Who do you have a strong town read on then?
Good point, there really isn't anyone I have an overly strong read on.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 3.01
Not Voting (7) - andrew94, bvoigt, Chaotic Neutrality, Lindisfarne, rekirtS, silverbullet999, SnakePlissken

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

The deadline is Saturday, January 15, 11:59 PM EST (UTC-5).
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by andrew94 »

bvoigt wrote:DON'T SELF HAMMER AS TOWN!!

Anyway, I still think Snake is scum, and probably rekirtS. However, I'm wondering why the scum killed Stefunny. I certainly didn't have a strong town read on her, and it didn't seem like she was heavily accusing anyone.

this post is heavily scummy. ill explain when i get back from my new years friends trips
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

-andrew
why is your name in the list silverbullet,,,
Answered by CN

-bvoi
DON'T SELF HAMMER AS TOWN!!
there's some instances where a self hammer as town is beneficial, I did it once as the day really would have ended in a no lynch..
this game had no justification for chkflip to do that though...
... People were right it seems....
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by andrew94 »

the post 'dont self hammer as town' is redundant? scum saying it to appear to be able to say something.
nk random speculation. FRAMING???

also, im liking a lindis + bvoight scumteam.
lindis just says ' dude i already answered the question' but i say 'the answer aint good enough'
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:24 pm

Post by Chaotic Neutrality »

These are the lynches, broken down by
known townies
and
people who were on both wagons.
Also of note,
Snake
, who avoided voting both times. I have replaced the original names with the names of their replacements for the purpose of tally keeping.
Equinox wrote:
Vote Count 2.09
chkflip
(5) -
Lindisfarne, Chaotic Neutrality, bvoigt,
silverbullet999,
chkflip

silverbullet999 (1) - andrew94

Not Voting (3) - rekirtS,
SnakePlissken
Stefunny
Equinox wrote:
Vote Count 1.05
werewolf555
(6) -
yabbaguy
Chaotic Neutrality, bvoigt,
rekirtS,
chkflip
Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne
(2) - andrew94,
werewolf555

chkflip
(1) - silverbullet999
SnakePlissken
(1) -
Stefunny

Not Voting (1) -
SnakePlissken
Everyone in purple is suspect, obviously (I know I'm on the list). Thoughts on the wagons tomorrow when I wake up (probably around 11 or noon).

silverbullet999 wrote:
andrew wrote:why is your name in the list silverbullet,,,
Answered by CN
No seriously, explain. I'm not understanding.
There is no good or evil. There is only fun and boring.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:23 pm

Post by andrew94 »

i think its suppposed to be 'answered by stiker'
Lindisfarne
Lindisfarne
Goon
Lindisfarne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Lindisfarne »

First off, no one vote. Period.

If one townie votes, the three scum could quickly vote in on it and game over. It's a low chance of the timing on that happening in scum's favor but it is still not a risk that should be taken regardless.
andrew wrote:woot 2 games day started at once.

lindis, ...
i dont like ur last post. it was like full of mathemathic fluff
One: After the shit position we are in you are happy that the day started on two games at once? Way to have your priorities off the mark.

Two: You don't like...."mathematic fluff"? What? I posted WHY a no lynch was a fail idea and why the math supported it. Beg your pardon, from now on ill just throw shit out there and not back up what I say with anything circumstantial.

CHKFLIP has received a spot on my "People to not play with" list for that shit. Townies should NEVER self vote. Period. End of story. That honestly pisses me off.
silver wrote:-all
Those who didn't vote are being thrown on my town list for the day (unless they do something incredibly scummy) as I refuse to believe that town would fail this bad... (though I guess it's slightly possible...). I'd ask that one of these 4 be the lynch for today (though again feel free to investigate all) Lindisfarne, Chaotic Neutrality, bvoigt, silverbullet999.
Uh no, we don't have the freedom to be narrowminded. The whole problem I have is this: "I'd ask that one of these 4 be the lynch for today" It doesn't sit well with me. This could very well be our last damn day, it's time for EVERYONE to be scrutinized. I plan on reviewing every post from everyone. Your point is endorsing the focus on 4 people (although normally I would agree with your statement, we are in no position to have tunnel vision).
snake wrote:Bvoigt and CN were the two I was thinking of after the flip.
First off: cool name
Secondly: Why? Reason's please? We really don't have very much to analyze from you from d2, so the more verbose you are the better.
bvoigt wrote:Anyway, I still think Snake is scum, and probably rekirtS.
Again: why? reasons rule here folks!
bvoigt wrote:However, I'm wondering why the scum killed Stefunny. I certainly didn't have a strong town read on her, and it didn't seem like she was heavily accusing anyone.
Scum kill the ones whose deaths benefit them the most. I didn't have a strong ANYTHING read on her, honestly she was kind of fading to the back of my mind. But she wasn't heavily accusing people, as you said. Only bit I can gather is they killed someone who wouldn't help give us anything to work with.
silver wrote:there's some instances where a self hammer as town is beneficial, I did it once as the day really would have ended in a no lynch..
That is virtually the ONLY reason, and even then it is debatable if it is a GOOD reason or not (I honestly think NO).
andrew wrote:the post 'dont self hammer as town' is redundant?
No, its the sign of someone pissed off. Any townie should be, since it essentially put us in LYLO. He could have at least TRIED to fight it. I'm surprised you arn't phased by it honestly.
andrew wrote:nk random speculation. FRAMING???
What?
andrew wrote:also, im liking a lindis + bvoight scumteam.
lindis just says ' dude i already answered the question' but i say 'the answer aint good enough'
First: you lynch a scum first before you start pairing teams, seriously how many mafia games have you played?

Second: I gave my reasons why bvoigt was slightly less scummy than chk in post 194. you say its contradictory, then theres back and forth and finally I say I already answered the question. Also, you never say "the answer aint good enough" as you quoted yourself.

CN:

I like how you pointed that out, the highlighting is interesting. I hadn't noticed Snake/cookie wasn't voting either time.

@EVERYONE
Who finds CN and myself at the top of your scumlists. Im not meaning "everyone on yesterday's lynch", but us two in particular?

Also, apologies if I'm being a bit of an ass. This game is playing out like shit. The setup is interesting, and I think we have a good bout of players, but it's too high of a likelihood for scum to win. It needs either 12 players, or an investigative town role (hell, even a one shot cop is better than nothing).
[i][color=red]"He looks like the type of guy who can marathon write no matter his alignment without looking scummy at all." -Xtoxm[/color][/i]
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:55 am

Post by bvoigt »

Lindisfarne wrote:
bvoigt wrote:Anyway, I still think Snake is scum, and probably rekirtS.
Again: why? reasons rule here folks!
Check my ISOs #7 and #13. :wink:
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Lindisfarne wrote:
First off, no one vote. Period.

If one townie votes, the three scum could quickly vote in on it and game over. It's a low chance of the timing on that happening in scum's favor but it is still not a risk that should be taken regardless.
errr. OK LETS NEVER VOTE AND NO LYNCH REALLY GOOD IDEA HERE MATE /end rant. as you said, the chance of 3 scums jumping on before the original unvotes is minimal, heck he could even be voting scum. 2ndly, no scum is brave enough to attempt a 3 person quickhammer, which will reveal their entire team if they fail. this isnt like the newbie lylo's

andrew wrote:woot 2 games day started at once.

lindis, ...
One: After the shit position we are in you are happy that the day started on two games at once? Way to have your priorities off the mark.
because i only had like 1 game in day and the rest was in night?

Two: You don't like...."mathematic fluff"? What? I posted WHY a no lynch was a fail idea and why the math supported it. Beg your pardon, from now on ill just throw shit out there and not back up what I say with anything circumstantial.
no mate, im pretty sure i KNOW what mylo is, why its bad, why you dont no lynch the day before potential lylo etc, so you just saying it looks like fluff to me

CHKFLIP has received a spot on my "People to not play with" list for that shit. Townies should NEVER self vote. Period. End of story. That honestly pisses me off.
i thought you would be dancing in joy. o wait... pretending

silver wrote:-all
Those who didn't vote are being thrown on my town list for the day (unless they do something incredibly scummy) as I refuse to believe that town would fail this bad... (though I guess it's slightly possible...). I'd ask that one of these 4 be the lynch for today (though again feel free to investigate all) Lindisfarne, Chaotic Neutrality, bvoigt, silverbullet999.
Uh no, we don't have the freedom to be narrowminded. The whole problem I have is this: "I'd ask that one of these 4 be the lynch for today" It doesn't sit well with me. This could very well be our last damn day, it's time for EVERYONE to be scrutinized. I plan on reviewing every post from everyone. Your point is endorsing the focus on 4 people (although normally I would agree with your statement, we are in no position to have tunnel vision).
only thing i agree with

andrew wrote:the post 'dont self hammer as town' is redundant?
No, its the sign of someone pissed off. Any townie should be, since it essentially put us in LYLO. He could have at least TRIED to fight it. I'm surprised you arn't phased by it honestly.
o SURE. so everyone type 'dont self hammer as town, and they are all confirmed townies? ever heard of reverse wiki?

andrew wrote:nk random speculation. FRAMING???
What?
whoever speculated on why stefunny died may be trying to frame someone. ill read stefunnys iso later

andrew wrote:also, im liking a lindis + bvoight scumteam.
First: you lynch a scum first before you start pairing teams, seriously how many mafia games have you played?
i played a lot. im just saying if one of you flips scum, the other....

Second: I gave my reasons why bvoigt was slightly less scummy than chk in post 194. you say its contradictory, then theres back and forth and finally I say I already answered the question. Also, you never say "the answer aint good enough" as you quoted yourself.
the answer is not good enough. your like on of those ppl that make a wall of suspects, and vote the one that seems to be less reasons for???
ur last sentence: mate.. i was gonna say town reaction but the word 'acting' came to me

bolded bits are mine, im lazy
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:51 pm

andrew94 wrote:lindis, ...
I had done the math myself, but I still find his post important and relevant. It means today we can't screw up.

i dont like ur last post. it was like full of defensive fluff
silverbullet999 wrote:-all
Those who didn't vote are being thrown on my town list for the day (unless they do something incredibly scummy) as I refuse to believe that town would fail this bad...
Towns have failed that bad in the past. Remember, at day one, it took 6 to lynch. That means that even if every scum was on werewolf's wagon,
at least
half of the wagoners were town. Examining the lynch party is used as a method of shortening the workload, nothing more. It is by no means a surefire way to catch scum.

Right now my top suspect is bvoigt. He's the third person on each lynch, and not only that, but both times as a follower, not a case maker. It really seems to me as if he is riding the coat tails of the bigger speakers whenever they are wrong. Infact the
only
reason he stopped making his weak case on Cookie/Snake is to unvote and vote with the wagon. I'd like to point out that Snake and Bv have been tunneling each other all game, without actually stepping up to the plate and nailing a case, and without seriously chasing each other down. Snake has refused a strong read on anyone all game. Not to get too far ahead of myself, but I believe Bv and Snake are scumbuddies.

I'm pretty sure Lind is town, as (1) scum don't normally spend that much time making cases on townies and (2) he lead the lynch, quite boldly, something that scum wouldn't do, because naturally that puts pressure on them the next day. He's the only person I trust as town. I could see cases for Bv-Snake scum with Andrew, SB, or Striker.

I'm very tempted to vote Bv right now, and if it wasn't MyLo, I would be voting.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Lylo..

im know i know the maths of when it is lylo or mylo. if you guys dont know it, i have nothing to say
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by andrew94 »

^the 2nd sentence i was talking to lindis
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:42 pm

-CN
ummm... your post...
*double checks*
oh wait i'm dumb... it was reskirts post...
.. post 274 in the game
I could see cases for Bv-Snake scum with Andrew, SB, or Striker.
Can we see these cases good sir?

-Lind
Who finds CN and myself at the top of your scumlists. Im not meaning "everyone on yesterday's lynch", but us two in particular?
I don't... well not you... though bravo for one hell of an act if you are.. CN i'm not sure of at the moment
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:43 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

Anyway, I still think Snake is scum, and probably rekirtS. However, I'm wondering why the scum killed Stefunny. I certainly didn't have a strong town read on her, and it didn't seem like she was heavily accusing anyone.
I can only assume because I had a vote on and that makes me preynlater on, but you'd already know that wouldn't you?
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Chaotic Neutrality wrote:Right now my top suspect is bvoigt. He's the third person on each lynch, and not only that, but both times as a follower, not a case maker. It really seems to me as if he is riding the coat tails of the bigger speakers whenever they are wrong. Infact the
only
reason he stopped making his weak case on Cookie/Snake is to unvote and vote with the wagon. I'd like to point out that Snake and Bv have been tunneling each other all game, without actually stepping up to the plate and nailing a case, and without seriously chasing each other down. Snake has refused a strong read on anyone all game. Not to get too far ahead of myself, but I believe Bv and Snake are scumbuddies.
Keep in mind that I was the first to point out Werewolf's "breadcrumb." I admit I was a follower on the chkflip lynch, but my vote was made with just a few days to the deadline, as I thought it was time to start coming to a consensus.
SnakePlissken wrote:

I can only assume because I had a vote on and that makes me preynlater on, but you'd already know that wouldn't you?
Are you talking about her vote for Cookie on D1? If so, does it really seem likely that I would kill her just for that? In other words, would I really be able to convince anyone that you were more likely to be scum based on the kill?
rekirtS
rekirtS
Townie
rekirtS
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by rekirtS »

Okay, reread stefunny’s posts… Not really pushing anyones lynch. Andrew was her top scum target with chkflip but also didn’t like CoD/snake…

Lindisfarne… Its difficult because I originally thought shotty was scummy but you're more town then scum. Townie.

CN… how would bvoigt and snake be a scumteam with me? Perhaps the two biggest players wanting to lynch me. You reasoning?
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by andrew94 »

bvoigt wrote:
Chaotic Neutrality wrote:Right now my top suspect is bvoigt. He's the third person on each lynch, and not only that, but both times as a follower, not a case maker. It really seems to me as if he is riding the coat tails of the bigger speakers whenever they are wrong. Infact the
only
Keep in mind that I was the first to point out Werewolf's "breadcrumb." I admit I was a follower on the chkflip lynch, but my vote was made with just a few days to the deadline, as I thought it was time to start coming to a consensus.
keep in mind that although you were the first to point out the breadcrumb you didnt vote him until 2 other ppl have voeted
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:15 pm

andrew94 wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
Chaotic Neutrality wrote:Right now my top suspect is bvoigt. Blah blah rest of the post...
Keep in mind that I was the first to point out Werewolf's "breadcrumb."
keep in mind that although you were the first to point out the breadcrumb you didnt vote him until 2 other ppl have voeted
I hate to agree with Andrew here, especially when he ironically used the same repetition mockery against you that I used against him, but he said exactly what I was going to say.

@rekirtS and Lind:
You two have yet to tell us who your top suspects are. I would appreciate knowing your positions on the next lynch, considering that we pretty much have to discuss everyone's top candidates before we even think about voting.
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:20 pm

silverbullet999 wrote:
I could see cases for Bv-Snake scum with Andrew, SB, or Striker.
Can we see these cases good sir?
I said I could see them, not that they have been made.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:35 pm

CN
I said I could see them, not that they have been made.
... Really now? a play on words?

... if you can see them you can make them... please expunge your extravagant architectural plans.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

Chaotic Neutrality wrote:These are the lynches, broken down by
known townies
and
people who were on both wagons.
Also of note,
Snake
, who avoided voting both times. I have replaced the original names with the names of their replacements for the purpose of tally keeping.
Equinox wrote:
Vote Count 2.09
chkflip
(5) -
Lindisfarne, Chaotic Neutrality, bvoigt,
silverbullet999,
chkflip

silverbullet999 (1) - andrew94

Not Voting (3) - rekirtS,
SnakePlissken
Stefunny
Equinox wrote:
Vote Count 1.05
werewolf555
(6) -
yabbaguy
Chaotic Neutrality, bvoigt,
rekirtS,
chkflip
Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne
(2) - andrew94,
werewolf555

chkflip
(1) - silverbullet999
SnakePlissken
(1) -
Stefunny

Not Voting (1) -
SnakePlissken
Everyone in purple is suspect, obviously (I know I'm on the list). Thoughts on the wagons tomorrow when I wake up (probably around 11 or noon).

silverbullet999 wrote:
andrew wrote:why is your name in the list silverbullet,,,
Answered by CN
I would like to point out I didn't avoid the vote, I didn't believe they were scummy enough too vote. I think theres far too much scum wagonning going on here.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:10 am

Post by andrew94 »

Fos bvoight/ snake

this substitudes voting. when someone gets 4 fos then normal vote. happy??
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:28 am

Post by bvoigt »

SnakePlissken wrote:I would like to point out I didn't avoid the vote, I didn't believe they were scummy enough too vote. I think theres far too much scum wagonning going on here.
You didn't think
anyone
was scummy enough to be voted?

FOS: Snake
rekirtS
rekirtS
Townie
rekirtS
Townie
Townie

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:48 am

Post by rekirtS »

Andrew you seem in a hurry to vote...

Ugh. Bvoigt almost seems too easy... but at the moment bvoigt, snake, and andrew are my top three scum...

Return to “Completed Open Games”