Mini 1102 - Rivertown Mafia (Game Over!)

TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:16 pm

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

Fix'd

I can't delete this, however.
Last edited by diddin on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
IIII LOOOOOVE YOOOUUU JESUUUUUUUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST

"Oi, I'm already sick of THB."
~ Cobblerfone
"That was... schitzophrenically entertaining."
~ Pine
"Fugi + Pie = I like life"
~ Parama
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by Fugitive »

Fuckin' A. ^ That's me on my hydra. You can delete it diddin.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by Fugitive »

unvote

You and your reasonableness. You didn't even try to argue with me when I pointed out the context flaws. I'm still suspicious, don't get me wrong, but with my new found time I can once more pursue the BEST lynch. We all know Fugi deserves the BEST. And yeah soras, that's a valid point, Fur should have claimed earlier, not during the wagon. Fuck it, I'm going with my #1 scum read and now I have 7 days to convince you guys.

Vote: Furcolow

looking forward to Umbrage's replacement. Always easier to get reads on a slot when more than one player fills it and it was becoming increasingly hard to get a read with all that rage.

WHERE ARE YOU 3K?? What are your thoughts on happenings?

Thanks, diddin.
ortiz1193
ortiz1193
Goon
ortiz1193
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by ortiz1193 »

1. ortiz1193- Was a fairly neutral read until his last post, now a large scum suspect.
(Scum)
Is the last post you're referring to the one where I voted you? Because I will stand by it to the end that my play was completely fine there. I knew I couldn't get on and voted my highest scumread that had a chance of being lynched after I said I would do this a day earlier. Please tell me what is scummy about that because I don't see how I could've played the situation any better. Would you rather me have left my vote on CyberBob, who had no chance of being lynched with 12 hours until the deadline?

---

Pie: Nothing to say about calling me out for lurking 3 times when I had posted earlier in the day? I also appreciate you responding with only sarcasm after I called you out on multiple things, and then not addressing anything else in my post after your constantly criticism of my "lurking."

The first quote of that was me criticizing earlier in the game when I said someone made a good vote on Soras but people were calling me scummy for it because I hadn't mentioned anything about my gut read on soras. So now I'm mentioning all of my gut reads/vibes so I can actually use them later for support!

Pie has become increasingly scummy the last few pages. I still don't like Olinea's play. He rarely posts and avoids all major wagons when he does. I mentioned this earlier but I'm pretty sure I got no responses from anyone on the matter.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

diddin wrote:
I've had enough. One more personal attack like that and you will be modkilled.
Thanks for stepping in. Things were getting out of hand.

As I said before I believe soras is town. He's not acting like caught scum he's acting like fed up town. I'm ashamed to admit I acted something like this earlier in my career.

edit: and now I see he has added content. Fairly decent content too.
Fugitive wrote:I'd also like to hear more from Admiral. I don't necessarily think he's scum, but he's falling under the radar too and I like his opinions and voice so far. I'd just like more contribution from that direction.
I'm trying to get on and post at least once a day with my thoughts, but sometimes that isn't possible.

What was your question regarding chamber?

@ furc: if you are miller why didn't you claim at the start of the day?
diddin wrote:
Deadline has been extended one week due to this incident.
Thanks for this too!
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by Olinea »

ortiz1193 wrote:I still don't like Olinea's play. He rarely posts and avoids all major wagons when he does. I mentioned this earlier but I'm pretty sure I got no responses from anyone on the matter.
Is there anything you want me to comment on? I realize the activity could be better but I think anything major that's happened I've given my views on it.

Which major wagons have I avoided? I've had soras pegged as town for a while and nothing else major jumps to mind.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
ortiz1193
ortiz1193
Goon
ortiz1193
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by ortiz1193 »

Olinea wrote:
ortiz1193 wrote:I still don't like Olinea's play. He rarely posts and avoids all major wagons when he does. I mentioned this earlier but I'm pretty sure I got no responses from anyone on the matter.
Is there anything you want me to comment on? I realize the activity could be better but I think anything major that's happened I've given my views on it.

Which major wagons have I avoided? I've had soras pegged as town for a while and nothing else major jumps to mind.
Nothing specific. The problem is you play exactly like I used to as scum. You post in a really protown style and then avoid voting for the people who are under suspicion to avoid voting for a mislynch, which makes you look more town. For example, we had like 4 scum candidates at one point that everyone's attention was on, you posted and called Soras town and then voted Umbrage (who wasn't suspicious at the time.) It's just a style I'm familiar with and it makes you seem likely scum to me.

Also I can't help but think I'm influenced by you playing so similarly and flipping SK in our last game.

Just post more frequently, that should solve the problem. >_>
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by el simo »

Cyberbob wrote:
ortiz1193 wrote:Just got back from school/work, I have to eat and write an essay (two but doubt that'll happen >_>). I'll
unvote, vote soras
. Don't have time to talk much or read the last two pages yada yada but I'll check again in a few hours and make sure my votes in the right place for a lynch to go through.
lmao ortiz you best be prepared tomorrow son
^

I don't like the case on Umbrage (admittedly haven't read most of it, just seems like waffles to me) and I agree with him about the softclaim, I know this contradicts my previous statement about rolefishing being scummy, because it is, but I've never seen a soft claim like this before and quite honestly I don't like it, so I don't blame Umbrage for asking questions about it.

All thought to be fair Umbrage, that is your second warning. I don't like to see you replacing out. Also I find this a huge town tell, frustrated scum don't replace out, not unless they are on the brink of being lynched - which he wasn't. And if he was I wasn't aware because I've had absolute no interest in lynching him today.

#564 by sora is what I've been wanting from him. Good original content, I'll address this post later.

Great, an extension. Thanks Diddin!

Yeah also I know I got quite personal with sora but I didn't mean this as an attack on him, just an attack on how he was playing. Regardless it seemed to have worked. Unlike every other hissy here, I wouldn't mind playing again with any of you <3 d'awww!

And now I get to the end of the thread and realize the consequences of a weeks extension:
ortiz1193 wrote:Just got back from school/work, I have to eat and write an essay (two but doubt that'll happen >_>). I'll
unvote, vote soras
. Don't have time to talk much or read the last two pages yada yada but I'll check again in a few hours and make sure my votes in the right place for a lynch to go through.
Means we don't have to wait until tomorrow to deal with this ^

unvote, vote: ortiz1193

Doing that so close to deadline? idunlykit

I can elaborate if you really want but I just got back from fishing and fishing always makes me sleepy.

So yeah this is just my random train of thought while I read through the new posts since I left. More details after maybe dinner and a nap :lol:
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Oh we got an extension? I'm down.
Unvote, Vote: ortiz1193
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Olinea
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Olinea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by Olinea »

ortiz1193 wrote:
Olinea wrote:

Nothing specific. The problem is you play exactly like I used to as scum. You post in a really protown style and then avoid voting for the people who are under suspicion to avoid voting for a mislynch, which makes you look more town. For example, we had like 4 scum candidates at one point that everyone's attention was on, you posted and called Soras town and then voted Umbrage (who wasn't suspicious at the time.) It's just a style I'm familiar with and it makes you seem likely scum to me.

Also I can't help but think I'm influenced by you playing so similarly and flipping SK in our last game.

Just post more frequently, that should solve the problem. >_>
Do you have names of these wagons I avoided?

Also, about the SK thing, I'd think that my SK play is similar to my Town play since in both cases I don't actually have any extra information and the scumhunting is more... actual. I wish I could show you my Mafia meta but, alas, I have none.

Will post more frequently. I think since I'm on break, that's a large part of it, my activity in SHM5 was mostly due to the fact that I didn't have a ton of freedom being in school and all.

Should I get reads of everyone, or what? With a week left I think I might as well.
GreyICE:
Cult: You're playing monopoly, when all of a sudden someone grabs the gameboard and throws it across the room. Then plops down a risk board. And then tells you you were playing risk all along. And that you now have 5 armies left, and control two countries in the middle of Africa.
ortiz1193
ortiz1193
Goon
ortiz1193
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by ortiz1193 »

el simo wrote:Means we don't have to wait until tomorrow to deal with this ^

unvote, vote: ortiz1193

Doing that so close to deadline? idunlykit
Do it. (Forgot to copy the elaborate part)

I voted because it was so close to deadline. I've explained this 100 times but please do post. Not a single person has posted reasoning for me being scum.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:37 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

ortiz1193 wrote:Not a single person has posted reasoning for me being scum.
This sounds like me in an offsite game long, long ago. I think you remember it. ScoreHero Mafia 1? And you said yourself you base your scum meta off of mine. Not to mention that pre-deadline vote post WAS just horrible. But I'm not willing to vote you, not yet. Still unsure of whether I should vote 3K again or not, plus I admit that's not even enough evidence for a worthy vote. I'll reread you in ISO and see if I find anything noteworthy.

Interested on seeing 3K's response to the many pages we've put in. I also second the question towards furc concerning the timing of his miller claim - why not do it earlier?

I'll address some walls and other responses later on tomorrow. For now, sleep (for serious this time).
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:24 pm

Post by Furcolow »

unvote me because neutral milk hotel rules
also give me time to catch up
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:45 pm

Post by Furcolow »

InflatablePie wrote:Fur's play is confusing the shit out of me right now, but Umbrage "jumping on the wagon" (actually confirming his vote, since he was already voting fur... he doesn't even know where his vote is ffs) due to a claim and fur's 481 really rubs me the wrong way. Between the two, Fur seems like the worse lynch. Maybe it's the WIFOM of him claiming miller and offering himself as lynch bait, I don't know. But between the two, I'd rather have Umbrage, and 496 isn't helping my opinion of him.

3K/Fur/Umbrage are at 3 votes each by my count. I'm gonna go read Umbrage in ISO before I think about switching to him, but I'm really leaning towards it. We'll see in the next RL hour or so.
To be honest, I just did this as a reaction test. I formally retract my claim, and welcome all investigation attempts.
InflatablePie wrote:To elaborate on why the soras thing is suspicious: He swung the wagon to soras, then when 3K's wagon started gaining steam again, he "forgot" about his confidence in soras and is now pushing the "easy lynch" in Fur. It's like he was trying to distract the town from what 3K was doing (or wasn't doing, depending on your view), then dropped soras for the next best thing/the easy lynch when his wagon wouldn't take off.
Not only that, but his play has been ingenuine and feels forced. I wouldn't mind lynching the slot before it is even replaced whatsoever, and I don't know if he is scum or town. Probably scum based upon his play.
Cyberbob wrote:yeah I'm done with voting Fur for now I guess I just really
really
wish he'd pull his head in and stop saying stupid things that effectively act as smokescreening
Unvote, Vote: ThirdKoopa

Pie bussing Umbrage hard though if I thought a lynch on either of them was possible today I'd be right on them instead

don't much like el simo pushing the deadline paranoia thing + the "I want x gone but if I
really have to
would go with y" thing either
Good call, bro.
Other than the fact of the WIFOMness of "oh, he appears to be smokescreening" as in implied knowledge, vs. knowledge you could have gained through analysis (as scum you would know i was smokescreening as town), you have actually gained + points in townieness in my eyes. I was beginning to have my doubts about you, Bob.
sorasgoof wrote:@Fugitive: It may seem like I took things out of context because I ISOed everyone instead of reading the thread straight through. Maybe I shouldn't have? Like I said, this was my first time ever doing anything like this. About Furcolow, I'm starting to think maybe he should have claimed Miller earlier. Why did he wait so long?

I wasn't intentionally trying to misrepresent you. I thought you were saying I was playing my scum meta (whiny or something, which isn't my meta), and I guess I understand your views on agreeing with a lynch.
I've waited that long because I was softclaiming townie, honestly
There are about 4 townie claims, with one being a softclaim
we should lynch from that pool
furthermore, you all are noobs for outting power roles as scum and getting yourself into a 50/50 lynch pool
we have also forced a roleclaim today from my perspective
at least we have a week to sort it out, thanks diddin
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:46 pm

Post by Furcolow »

posting to remind myself to read page 24 beyond fugitive voting me
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:11 am

Post by InflatablePie »

ortiz1193 wrote:Pie: Nothing to say about calling me out for lurking 3 times when I had posted earlier in the day? I also appreciate you responding with only sarcasm after I called you out on multiple things, and then not addressing anything else in my post after your constantly criticism of my "lurking."
I never outright said you were lurking. I said you needed to post more, and congratulated you on posting when we called you out.
You had posted four times since the 1st, so even if you weren't lurking per se, it just seemed like you were posting less compared to what was going on at the time. I suppose technically you weren't lurking, then. Is that what you wanted to hear? You still had been pretty under-the-radar like Fugi said. I agree with that.

A lot of people in this game seem to fall under the radar, or blend in. ThAdmiral and Olinea blend in, for more examples (that other people have already brought up), but I'm getting townreads off of them.

I'll do some sort of looking in to oritz later today, it's too early for this shit. *drinks coffee*

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:00 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Something I noticed:
fur wrote:I wouldn't mind lynching the slot before it is even replaced whatsoever, and I don't know if he is scum or town
Uhh... So you're not sure if the slot is scum or town, but you want to lynch it anyways? I mean, I think most people vote for who they think is scum, or maybe that's just me...

Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:51 am

Post by Fugitive »

Furcolow wrote:unvote me because neutral milk hotel rules
also give me time to catch up
Neutral Milk Hotel
does
rule. That, however, is not a reason for me to unvote. The vote is nothing personal, it's just mafia related. Promise. Also, asking me to unvote when I think I'm the only person on you feels like scared scum.
furcolow wrote:To be honest, I just did this as a reaction test. I formally retract my claim, and welcome all investigation attempts.
Anyway, claiming miller for a reaction test? That's one of the worst reasons I've ever heard to back out of a claim. What, if I may ask, were the results of your test?
InflatablePie 2 posts ago wrote:I never outright said you were lurking.
InflatablePie earlier wrote:Also, nice of you to post after Fugi and I call you out for lurking, oritz.
+1 scum
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:26 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Fugitive wrote:
InflatablePie 2 posts ago wrote:I never outright said you were lurking.
InflatablePie earlier wrote:Also, nice of you to post after Fugi and I call you out for lurking, oritz.
+1 scum
i never said that what are you talking about

...Alright. I was wrong, then. Happy?

Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:35 am

Post by Fugitive »

Yes very, Pie.

I'm going to ISO ortiz later as my next course of action for this game. He was a bit behind the scenes, much like Olinea, 3k, chamber, and Admiral, so I hadn't thought much of him until now (the votes and his little wall). I'll post the results when I have time, probably tonight, maybe tomorrow. Just letting everyone know I won't be posting as much, yesterday was just a lax day where I had nothing to do.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:39 am

Post by el simo »

Eeee that nap I took last night ended up taking all night and I'm off fishing again this time for the whole of the day, then I've got a bbq when I get back. WILL post tonight.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:55 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Fugitive wrote:
furcolow wrote:To be honest, I just did this as a reaction test. I formally retract my claim, and welcome all investigation attempts.
Anyway, claiming miller for a reaction test? That's one of the worst reasons I've ever heard to back out of a claim. What, if I may ask, were the results of your test?
This.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ortiz1193
ortiz1193
Goon
ortiz1193
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:03 am

Post by ortiz1193 »

InflatablePie wrote:
ortiz1193 wrote:Not a single person has posted reasoning for me being scum.
This sounds like me in an offsite game long, long ago. I think you remember it. ScoreHero Mafia 1? And you said yourself you base your scum meta off of mine. Not to mention that pre-deadline vote post WAS just horrible. But I'm not willing to vote you, not yet. Still unsure of whether I should vote 3K again or not, plus I admit that's not even enough evidence for a worthy vote. I'll reread you in ISO and see if I find anything noteworthy.
"Basing my meta off you" meant that you were the first good scum I saw and I played pro-town like you instead of lurking and whatever other styles there are. I defend myself that way as town and scum, and I can back that up. I rarely acknowledge people having good reasons against me regardless of alignment so I post that a lot.
Pie wrote:I never outright said you were lurking. I said you needed to post more, and congratulated you on posting when we called you out.
You had posted four times since the 1st, so even if you weren't lurking per se, it just seemed like you were posting less compared to what was going on at the time. I suppose technically you weren't lurking, then. Is that what you wanted to hear? You still had been pretty under-the-radar like Fugi said. I agree with that.
Fugi already pointed the first part out. Yes it's what I wanted to hear. Apology accepted.

And I can't help it if other people don't talk about me >_>. (Which is what I get from the phrase under-the-radar)

----

Now for everyone who keeps saying my post was scummy.

1) Why?

2) What should I have done in that scenario? My vote was on a CB who wouldn't be lynched. My reads at that time were 1) CB 2) Soras. I could only post one more time. The deadline was in 12 hours. A vote on Soras put him in a tie for the vote-lead.

That is the exact scenario. All of you answer #2 please.
TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:08 am

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

IIIIIIIIIII LOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEE YOUUUUUUUUUUU JESSSSSSSSUSSSSSSSS KERRIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST
Last edited by diddin on Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
IIII LOOOOOVE YOOOUUU JESUUUUUUUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST

"Oi, I'm already sick of THB."
~ Cobblerfone
"That was... schitzophrenically entertaining."
~ Pine
"Fugi + Pie = I like life"
~ Parama
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Fugitive »

^ I'm so fucking bad at this multiple account thing. Just pretend I said that.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”