StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:05 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Nero Cain wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote: I promised that I'd look at Helghast and WrathChild, and looking in ISO, Helghast does not appear to be scumhunting. VOTE: Helghast
How is Powerox better than Helghast?
Did I say anything with regard to what I think about Powerrox93? I was asked yesterday to look into WrathChild vs. Helghast, I said I'd comply today, and I did so. If you want my opinion on Power, he isn't better by much, but I'm happy here.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:29 am

Post by q21 »

Disagree SC. Powerrox isn't better at all. He's scummier. Helghast is under suspicion for, as far as I can tell, not doing anything. Power is scummy for making scummy votes and posts. In my view doing scummy things is scummier than not doing anything.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:55 am

Post by WrathChild »

OK, something is bothering me about Lynchme. Just a couple of days ago, he was begging Diddin to shoot me or my lynch. The below quote is just one instance (the most recent) of several.
LynchMePls wrote:
WraithChild wrote:2) Active lurking (where I usually play) led to many scum victories fairly recently, so naturally I felt the need to at least look at those actively lurking.
Please define what you mean by active lurking. Because my play does not fall into that category as I understand it, yet I was one of the players you were drawing attention to. I was not even lurking, I was plainly V/LA, which was noted to both the mod AND in thread.

By your own admission you didn't have time for "serious scum hunting". Do you know what townies do when they don't have time for "serious scum hunting"? Nothing. Do you know what scum do? Act like they are scum hunting to try and blend with town.

Can we lynch and/or shoot this guy please?
We have quite a bit of a back and forth, but it appeared that several players were in agreement with my dislike of his "Saying Blatant Bandwagon make Blatant Bandwagon OK" theory, then even later I make the observation that the only thing he HAS done all game was attack me for my comment against him. No scumhunting, no nothing. Just overdefensiveness.

Now he's back:
LynchMePls wrote:Diddin announced that he has a dayvig on Dec 23. It's now Jan 6, which is 2 full weeks later and he still hasn't shot. This is starting to get really scummy. Diddin's wanting to get town cred by having everyone vote on his shot, while being able to disown the consequences of the shot is scummy. Drawing out the process for over 2 weeks, leaving us with less time to deal with the aftermath is scummy. We're now at less than a week to deadline.
diddin wrote:Unless there are some serious objections, I'm gonna go ahead and shoot Helghast. I'll support a lynch of Wrath today instead as Helghast is screaming vigbait to me quite a bit.
That was a week ago. FREAKING SHOOT ALREADY. The longer he waits on pulling the trigger, the scummier he gets.
Now he's rushing the Helghast Vig, but his complaint about this being two weeks ago, puts this before he even started to beg for my Vig, which he so so adamant about.
LynchMePls wrote:
Unvote
Vote: DarlaBlueEyes

Diddin, shoot so we can get on to the lynching scumz.
Now an unexplained vote against Darla?

UNVOTE: Snake, VOTE: Lynchmepls
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by diddin »

It's the fact that Saint left no explanation to his sudden change of reads.

Also, I meant next REAL LIFE day. I wanted to wait until as close to deadline as possible.

Daykill: Helghast

Anything else?
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Nero Cain wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote: I promised that I'd look at Helghast and WrathChild, and looking in ISO, Helghast does not appear to be scumhunting. VOTE: Helghast
How is Powerox better than Helghast?
Did I say anything with regard to what I think about Powerrox93? I was asked yesterday to look into WrathChild vs. Helghast, I said I'd comply today, and I did so. If you want my opinion on Power, he isn't better by much, but I'm happy here.
I understand that you did what you asked but that's exactly what it is, you did
EXACTLY
as you were asked. IDK, maybe its just me but I feel like if you were properly scumhunting then you'd notice that Power is doing the same things that you are voting Helghast for. [sans the vote part]
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

yeah... I was expected a full read or in the very least how Helghast's flip would affect your other reads depending on what alignment he flips.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by The Eruci »

//7hYBA3BI8FppyRjBJWrA
//POAEcqrRk0rgz4DmtDja
//cph6vvPX2bkO2VwhCiXY
//VTpg5xNIMMS8jmNJWNhB
//dineWz6mrtq4n5wnAIjx
//9Q60P3X2TMJ8el7mOZ8h
//zWVTQ5Xj5jsueONEZ5gm
//7Y0mt0QzAjTxf5MduuKN
//U8E2Izn0fnEUcoLZE5gy
//3RYb8L1gMEStD44tRG2k

#SECTOR 03 LOCATED
#QUARANTINE INITIATED

"Subject
VH2039578
, cease terminal operations. Repeat, cease operations."

//wlhwWoy8tAS3Z4JWeeow
//Fe0JQBRL91t
//7MNbUbr4OMY5je
//eGjtWpU

"Damn it, he's under. Kill him."

The figure strode to panel that lined the far wall and quickly located the subject's section.

#FORCEKILL -- SUBJECT VH2039578

Helghast,
Eruci
, quarantined Day 1.

Day One Continues.
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by The Eruci »

:: VoteCount 1x11 ::

LynchMePls (1) -
WrathChild

RedCoyote (0) -

MagnaOfIllusion (1) -
SnakePlissken

themanhimself (0) -

Lateralus22 (0) -

WrathChild (1) -
Parama

curiouskarmadog (1) -
chkflip

Powerrox93 (2) -
q21, Nero Cain

quadz08 (0) -

chkflip (1) -
MagnaofIllusion

Nero Cain (1) -
quadz08

DarlaBlueEyes (1) -
LynchMePls

q21 (0) -

diddin (0) -

popsofctown (1) -
Saint

SnakePlissken (0) -

I Am Innocent (0) -

StrangerCoug (0) -

Parama (3) -
nhammen, Powerrox93, curiouskarmadog

Implosion (0) -

nhammen (2) -
I Am Innocent, themanhimself

Saint (1) -
diddin

Not Voting (6) -
implosion, DarlaBlueEyes, RedCoyote, Lateralus22, popsofctown, StrangerCoug

With 22 Alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is currently set for Thursday January 13, 2011 at 9:00 pm EST.

nhammen replaces EtherealCookie, effective immediately. Snake Plissken is still under replacement.
Last edited by The Eruci on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by Parama »

still lynching WrathChild please
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by nhammen »

Hi all! Replacing Ethereal Cookie. In the middle of a reread, and it seems a lot of stuff is focusing on mechanics, at least as far as I have reached. Anyways, I do not like having a vote out on a player that I have no reason to think is all that scummy, so
UNVOTE: Parama
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by themanhimself »

Hey guys, sorry I was a bit low on activity for the last few days, I can assure I'm fully in the game and am no longer busy. I'm going to read in ISO the people who were voting Helghast and get a better idea of what their play has been so far. Expect a significant post coming.
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by WrathChild »

Parama wrote:still lynching WrathChild please
You want to restate your case?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Despite Chkflip not yet responding to my recent post I now seriously want to see Powerrox hang.

UNVOTE: Chkflip
VOTE: Powerrox
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by WrathChild »

I also think that Diddin should examined a bit closer because essentially he limited his Vig targets to only myself and Helghast, he refused to kill EC. It seems to be a safe-scum play to limit the vig targets as he did. While he made it appear that we had a choice, it was win-win for Diddin IF he is scum.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

q21 wrote:Disagree SC. Powerrox isn't better at all. He's scummier. Helghast is under suspicion for, as far as I can tell, not doing anything. Power is scummy for making scummy votes and posts. In my view doing scummy things is scummier than not doing anything.
You're free to think that; I don't like what Powerrox93 has been doing either. In fact, now that Helghast is dead, VOTE: Powerrox93.
Nero Cain wrote:I understand that you did what you asked but that's exactly what it is, you did
EXACTLY
as you were asked. IDK, maybe its just me but I feel like if you were properly scumhunting then you'd notice that Power is doing the same things that you are voting Helghast for. [sans the vote part]
Even if this weren't my first large game in awhile, I'll still have a better grasp on who's done what when the player list whittles down. If a player has not done anything to stand out to me, then he'll just be a name to me.

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by quadz08 »

diddin wrote:I wanted to wait until as close to deadline as possible.
Why the hell would you do that? *scumdarasplode*

I like WC's 627. +town

Nero Cain is starting to look townier as well, I think. He seems to be posting content now, anyway.

I still don't like Saint. His posting style and tendency to jump around really bugs me, though I'm not sure if it's really scummy or not.

diddin is at the top of my scumlist right now, but I don't want to vote for him because of his role. I say we vig him tomorrow.

Parama is a close second. He still hasn't provided me with a response to this:
Parama, I look forward to your explanation of what you’ve gained by being stupid so far, as well as a change in your play.
Additionally, he's posted next to nothing since the AntB incident, and has flat out refused to read part of the game. (ISO 36).

Lastly, powerrox is just incredibly anti-town. He's very clearly our resident VI, and so I will UNVOTE: and...

VOTE: powerrox.

I am in favor of removing VI's and anti-town players early, because I'd rather get rid of them while we still can (as in, when we're not in lylo or a similar situation.) I'm definitely down for a parama lynch today, though.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

quadz08 wrote:Lastly, powerrox is just incredibly anti-town. He's very clearly our resident VI, and so I will UNVOTE: and...

VOTE: powerrox.

I am in favor of removing VI's and anti-town players early, because I'd rather get rid of them while we still can (as in, when we're not in lylo or a similar situation.)
To me, VI is really misguided town, which is setting off alarm bells telling me you'd like to take care of easy mislynches first. Granted, I don't get VI reads all that often (I'm about ready to call Saint a VI, but he's hard to get a read on), but still, this is a bit disturbing.

I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Sincere apology to all for my lack of posts recently. I had a large open game that just ended that took up a bit of my time recently, and another newbie game that is in a critical stage right now that requires a reread.

I see the deadline is either next Wednesday or Thursday. I will try to catch up in the next couple of days and will promise not to sign on to any new games until I reestablish myself here.

@ Mod, you list the deadline as Wednesday January 13th. The 13th is a Thursday, so which is it?
:P
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by implosion »

Gah freaking school. I have too much to do right now, and I'll be busy tomorrow night and saturday too. I'll make a super-wallpost either Saturday night or Sunday, probably Sunday.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Parama »

Hey quadz.
I don't even care about what you want from me. If you find it scummy that I haven't responded, then you're going to hate me after this game's over.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by The Eruci »

The deadline is for January 13th, whichever day of the week that is.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Parama wrote:Hey quadz.
I don't even care about what you want from me. If you find it scummy that I haven't responded, then you're going to hate me after this game's over.
this is too ballsy to me scummy....ugh
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:23 pm

me=be...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:24 pm

going to reread
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by diddin »

quadz08 wrote:
diddin wrote:I wanted to wait until as close to deadline as possible.
Why the hell would you do that? *scumdarasplode*
Because shooting before everyone can voice their opinion on a daykill we were going to decide to be done democratically is a great idea!
WrathChild wrote:I also think that Diddin should examined a bit closer because essentially he limited his Vig targets to only myself and Helghast, he refused to kill EC. It seems to be a safe-scum play to limit the vig targets as he did. While he made it appear that we had a choice, it was win-win for Diddin IF he is scum.
My God you are slow.

How many times did we agree I was shooting people with a lot of votes (hint: not EC)? How many times did I say I didn't want someone else to claim and potentially out a stronger power role? It's like I'm talking to someone and whenever I make a point they stick their fingers in their ear and go LALALALALALA YOU'RE WRONG YOU'RE WRONG

Quadz: Why are you lynching VI's when you have SCUMREADS? Why is lynching an anti-town player that you think *COULD* be scum when you could lynch someone you're pretty sure is scum?

Anti Town does NOT equal scummy. You have failed to voice your opinion on whether you even think power is scum or not.

unvote, Vote: quadz08
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”