Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by Exe »

@Beefster: Cuz this is how I like mafia played.

@Robocopter: Approximately 7.8
Shadowolf wrote:If you think this is me playing, you haven't seen me properly play yet.
Freudian slip?
Shadowolf wrote:I want to see your face when I flip town.
I'm sure it'd be something like thoughtful, as even a town flip gives me information that helps me find scum.

@OMGUS accusations: Did you see the back and forth they had with eachother? The connections are HUGE. Idc who they vote (though, it'd be nice if they voted you), the same way I haven't cared about most of the people accusing me.

@Llamarble: Wrongo. Content is overrated. Lynches are the new Wall-o-texts.
Shado wrote:However, I'm not too sure on any of these reads being concrete, as this is only D1.
OMG LYNCH THIS SCUM.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
ortiz1193
ortiz1193
Goon
ortiz1193
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by ortiz1193 »

TwoHeadedBoy wrote:@ortiz1193 - I'll keep in mind that giving reasons for a vote and talking to a person when they ask for explanations (bits you left out when you give out of context quotes) is pushing.

+1 misrep again.

2 total misrep.

Keep going, bro.

~Fugi
Saying +1 scum and calling things scummy is still pushing, even if you are just responding to him. I don't think I posted anything out of context either, unless you're referring to leaving Shado's half of the discussion out. I did snip pieces out of your post that I didn't think were related to this discussion. PEdit: Go ahead and post anything specific that took the quote out of context. I feel like you're just throwing things around again.
Llama wrote:I agree with Ortiz that THB characterizing their actions as not-pushing seems innaccurate, though I don't see why scum or town is more likely to innaccurately characterize their actions this early on. Ortiz, why do you think this is scummy?
(I never said I thought it was scummy if that matters fwiw, but I'll answer anyway) I don't think him saying he wasn't pushing isn't scummy, I think him throwing around the misrep stuff is though. I don't think I misrepped him at all and it just comes off as trying to get people to not listen to me by acting like everything I posted was false.

I'm not sure it's a scumtell though coming from Fugi because I've played with him enough to know that he plays aggressive town sometimes and this could easily be coming from him as town. This is why I consider reading hydra heads separately seems important to me. It's just like reading a VI, scumtells aren't the same for everyone.

My vote is staying because I stand by my original point. I don't see where the "this is frustrated town" came from. I just didn't get the same read at all and Llamarble worded it better than I could: "I see this as more of the same pointing out common ideas to look like a contributor without checking closely for how well they apply to the situation (as a townie actually trying to figure things out would)."
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Parama »

PD3 has begun. Not going to post the PD updates past this point, so check the thread title.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

7.8 eh? Not bad.

Can you give me your full case? All in one post please?
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

ITT: Llama can't tell the difference between someone acting/pretending to be town and someone being town. Your entire post doesn't even make much sense to me, but I'll try and address what I can.
Llamarble wrote:I don't like THB's words "legitimately scummy" for Shado's actions. Sounds a lot like "Yay, I've found somebody I can look town by accusing and it sounds sort of sensible!"
Or we found him... legitimately scummy. You know, like we said.
Llama wrote:But I find THB scummier for this than Shado because I see this as more of the same pointing out common ideas to look like a contributor without checking closely for how well they apply to the situation (as a townie actually trying to figure things out would). The back and forth misrepping accusations also feel like this to me.
I'm having a hard time understanding what you're saying here, so bear with me. So you're saying we're just pointing out random scummy things out-of-context? Can you give some examples please? This part confuses me. Especially that next comment about misrepping - I think pointing out when someone misrepresents us DOES show we're looking at how they apply to the situation. That kinda contradicts what you just said.
Llama wrote:Accusing people of lining up lynches this early in the game Also sounds like fishing for reasons to find someone scummy. I don't see scum expecting to be able to line up lynches at this point, so unless there is a followup later I don't see this action as "planning lynches." It looks more to me like pointing out a potential scumlink, which is useful content. Again THB looks like scum excited to have found something they can accuse as being buzzword X, fitting into the pattern of "Yay, I've found something to point out without looking bad!"
Or maybe when we see people potentially lining up lynches, we point it out because it's scummy. Seriously, now? It's like you instantly went into the "2HB is scum" mindset and you're now viewing everything we've done as scum motivation only. You're not seeing the real picture here.

Anyways, we've been pointing out scumlinks as well - quite a few times, in fact. But you ignore this, of course, because you're set on us being scum. And the difference is, I don't think we've said "here's scum, lynch X tomorrow" unlike some players in this game (and, in fact, trying to set up lynches is indeed scummy). Feel free to check us in ISO, and if I'm wrong, I'll eat one of Lamb's (very decorated) hats.
Llama wrote:"(meaning he's still scummy, but scummy things you can forgive, which is TERRIBLE)"
Is another THB statement which felt to me like a player getting very excited (enough to bold and caps the statement) about being able to throw in a "legitimate" looking accusation edgewise against another player.
Or we're pointing out things that are scummy. I don't even know what the hell you're going on about here, please elaborate/reword.

So your entire "case" is you're viewing us as scum that's looking like they're contributing/scumhunting without actually doing such. Is that right? Alright, let's ignore that we were pressuring Shado, calling out a possible Lamb/Exe connection, pointing out flaws/odd vibes in Tuniogen's reads list, and don't forget to ignore pretty much every question we've asked to other players in this game in order to produce information from them. If you ignore all the scumhunting we've been doing, then yes, we haven't been doing any scumhunting. :?

---
Llama wrote:I don't see how Elli voting no-lynch is particularly scummy; he knows enough not to actually want to no-lynch, and that NL votes tend to do what other RVS votes do, which is produce discussion.
This'll sound like I'm defending Shado, but, don't you think most players, especially in a large game, know that NL is a bad idea on D1? Do you really think Shado intended on his vote leading to a NL as well? Because that's the implication I'm getting from your post. And for what it's worth, even if not intentional, Shado's vote IS producing discussion. Just sayin'.

What's your read on Shado, anyways? Your post is implying you find him suspicious as well. I'd also like your thoughts on some other players. Anyone will do.
Exe, post 144 wrote:I'm still a fan of the Shadowolf wagon.

THB & Tuni are scum together. Different alignment from shadow maybe.
A) You're continuing to offer thoughts with no reasoning.
2) If you think Tuni and this hydra are scum together, but different alignment from Shado, that implies that you think Shado might be town. Yet you're still voting him.

I know Shado brought this up earlier, but:
Parama wrote:
Day 1 Vote Count #4

[2] Exe
- TwoHeadedBoy, Tuniogen
Exe wrote:THB & Tuni are scum together.

~Pie
Show
IIII LOOOOOVE YOOOUUU JESUUUUUUUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST

"Oi, I'm already sick of THB."
~ Cobblerfone
"That was... schitzophrenically entertaining."
~ Pine
"Fugi + Pie = I like life"
~ Parama
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by themanhimself »

I'm really not a fan of Exe's play throughout this whole game, he's been pretty flippant and managed to say stuff without contributing which is the ultimate scumtell to me. I'm not the first person to bring this up but he still hasn't given a real response so I'm going to go ahead and VOTE: Exe. I'm still looking at Ellibereth but at this moment I see his move as more FOS-worthy whereas exe is being more straight-up scummy.
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

Oh, I forgot this.
Tuniogen wrote:Slaxx here, sorry for my late arrival.

Will catch up later. I read on my iPhone earlier in the car, and if I recall correctly, I had town reads on llamarble and THB, which is ironic because one is pushing on the other. I am also fairly sure shado is town in over his head, but more on that later.
1) YAY SLAXX. YAY NO MORE THIRD-PERSON TALKING.
2) That's not ironic, it's coincidental!
Show

~ Cobblerfone
~ Pine
~ Parama
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

nuf ed annog ton si yad siht this ho
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

amarap uoy etah I
TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

EBWOP: inb4 Exe

PEdit: ... wat
Show

~ Cobblerfone
~ Pine
~ Parama
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Oh LMFAO.

Katsuki got stuck with a backwards posting PR. :)
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Tuniogen
Tuniogen
Goon
Tuniogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by Tuniogen »

CupcakePanda wrote:nuf ed annog ton si yad siht this ho
CupcakePanda wrote:amarap uoy etah I
Show
Tun - Tungsten
io - Iodine
gen - Nitrogen

Anyone with knowledge of the periodic table can work out the rest. :)
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

.won sgniht wef a daer ot derehtob yllautca ev'I os kO
.em syonna yltaerg tleps si eman sih yaw eht taht noitnem ot toN .elbirret si etov illE s'odahS
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

.part a llits si DLL
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by Exe »

THB wrote:A) You're continuing to offer thoughts with no reasoning.
2) If you think Tuni and this hydra are scum together, but different alignment from Shado, that implies that you think Shado might be town. Yet you're still voting him.
A) So? My reasoning exists in my head and I don't see any reason for anyone else to have to know it.
2) Hmm, in a large theme? Nope. I have no reason to believe that the "5 mafia" means only one team, so until otherwise, I think you and Tuni have a connection AND I think Shadow is scum.

@TMH: Better get over it. Your "ultimate scumtell" is pretty outdated. Don't wait around for a "defense."
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Tuniogen
Tuniogen
Goon
Tuniogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by Tuniogen »

Alright, so, here are my thoughts on the game so far. This is slaxx.

Ellibereth
, why vote no lynch with no explanation? I almost feel like this is townish: going against the grind cluelessly without really trying to explain yourself or feign concern for others' thoughts. Regardless I want elaboration.

Lady's selective attack on the same issue regarding wolf is interesting.

Not sure if I like Yasuda. We see her press serious issues but then go off and talk about game mechanics. I think she overreacts here:
Is that level of reasoning possible for you, Lambda?
Then she hops on Wolf for I do believe the same thing Ell did. Once again, its interesting Ell did not get attention for this.

Of course, the above interactions imply:

Ladyscum+Ell Scum+Wolf town (Lady's selective attack)
Yasuda+Ell Scum+Wolf town (Yasuda's jump on wolf)
Then Yasuda+Ladyscum of different alignments (Overreaction to mild pressure).

From all of this, I would say the most reliable thing I can take from this is that Yasuda and Lady probably aren't partners. Everything else can be explained in a fairly parsimonious way (overlooking Ell's vote, forgetting she no voted, or maybe im overlooking something and there is a difference? Not seeing a substantial one.)

I wanna say THB is town right now.

Keeping my eye on Scott. THB caught it too. His shado vote seems off (I think thats where he was going with it).

THB and lady go back and forth. Ugh wtf is this. /saves for later.

Not for sure how to read Wolf's ell vote.

Exe calls my hydra+thb scum with no evidence, then says shado is town, but is still on his (growing) wagon.

Alright sorry about that, it should catch up some. I still need to read over a few near-the-end walls.
Show
Tun - Tungsten
io - Iodine
gen - Nitrogen

Tuniogen
Tuniogen
Goon
Tuniogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by Tuniogen »

Exe did not call shadow town, my bad.
Show
Tun - Tungsten
io - Iodine
gen - Nitrogen

Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by Exe »

This post was me correcting you. But you got there first >_>

CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by CupcakePanda »

.retal exE ta kool ot em dnimeR
TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

Exe wrote:So? My reasoning exists in my head and I don't see any reason for anyone else to have to know it.

Cupcake: Take a look at Exe later.

~Pie
Show

~ Cobblerfone
~ Pine
~ Parama
Tuniogen
Tuniogen
Goon
Tuniogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Post by Tuniogen »

Exe wrote:
THB wrote:A) You're continuing to offer thoughts with no reasoning.
A) So? My reasoning exists in my head and I don't see any reason for anyone else to have to know it.
2) Hmm, in a large theme? Nope. I have no reason to believe that the "5 mafia" means only one team, so until otherwise, I think you and Tuni have a connection AND I think Shadow is scum.

@TMH: Better get over it. Your "ultimate scumtell" is pretty outdated. Don't wait around for a "defense."
You're serious? I feel like this is playing dumb about the setup at its finest. If you were really concerned I feel like you would have confronted the mod, like so:

MOD: Can you confirm that the 5 mafia listed in this semi open set up all share the same wincon, or are at least of the same faction?

Well duh. I can't have a 2-man team and a 3-man team in a 20p game, can I?

Come on now.
Last edited by Parama on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Tun - Tungsten
io - Iodine
gen - Nitrogen

Tuniogen
Tuniogen
Goon
Tuniogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Post by Tuniogen »

^slaxx
Show
Tun - Tungsten
io - Iodine
gen - Nitrogen

Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:52 pm

Post by Llamarble »

What makes me suspicious of THB is not pointing out scummy things, it's that I get a sense he is excited when he sees something he'll be able to grill somebody over in a way I've noticed myself doing when I've been scum.

I don't think it's reasonable to think of players lining up lynches at this point since the first lynch is so far off. It just seems like getting to work building connections to me. If later on they try to use the ideas presented there as groundwork for pushing a lynch, then it will look like lining up lynches.

My take on shado is that he's defending fine so far. I haven't gotten any clear scumtells or town tells off him yet.

@Tunio:
What motivates an 80% town read on Ellibereth off of 5 posts?

Ellibereth and Rena 'looking for their townreads' on Fate seems weird to me, but Fate is acting different from his play in my last game with him.
@Fate:
Why does the "Caps-Lawke-Alliance" lie dormant thus far?
TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:17 pm

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

Llamarble wrote:What makes me suspicious of THB is not pointing out scummy things, it's that I get a sense he is excited when he sees something he'll be able to grill somebody over in a way I've noticed myself doing when I've been scum.
Excitement: now a scum-tell. Hand this man an effin' medal. This is too ridiculous to even respond to seriously. Have fun voting us for perceived excitement (that I'm not sure how you even think you can read off of some text anyway).

I'll just be over here continuing to interact with other players and finding scum-tells, albeit too excitedly and therefore scummily.

---------

Our headline today - Sane players of MPM:

Why aren't you voting Exe? This is some of the worst play I've ever seen and
reasons
have actually been covered thoroughly, which seems to be what people on the Shado wagon are lacking now. I haven't seen a decent reason to find him scummy since the vote for NL and the reason for the vote. He's since been defending himself adequately and really only being found to show scum-tells by the fallacy of assuming he's scum first to call his actions scummy (something Llama should learn about). Exe needs a noose now.

In other news:

-I'm calling 2+ scum on the Shado wagon now. It should not still be growing. I pretty sure it's even scum driven.

-I can't decide whether I like tmh's Exe vote. I mean sure, I like who it's on, but if Exe flips scum I would probably call early bus on that vote. Seems like the reasoning is a bit hollow and "ultimate scum-tell" is kinda lame. Possibly trying to ensure an early spot on a scum lynch should it occur. Then the off-handed remark about still looking at other players (Elli) strikes me as trying to distract from the vote so he won't be perceived as tunneling. This only holds weight with and Exe scum flip, of course. On a town flip it would be much less notable.

-Robocopter is flying under the radar while trying to seem helpful by just asking questions.

Shout-outs!

@CCP: That's annoying as hell to read, but I still need some content from your direction, you're not doing much. Here's a writing backwards "translator" so you can get content out easier: http://www.bored.com/writebackwards/

@Tuni(rich) - Where are those Yasuda and 2HB reads we were promised?

@Scott - please answer question in my last post addressed to you. Posting this here so you don't forget, I know you haven't posted since it was asked.

@ortiz - Lol. <-- that's me laughing at what you find scummy. Can you stop tunneling and look at other players now?

~Fugi
Show

~ Cobblerfone
~ Pine
~ Parama
Yasuda
Yasuda
Townie
Yasuda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Post by Yasuda »

Funny thing I noticed in my Skimathon 2011:
ShadoWolf wrote:Holy shit. I go to bed and there's now a whole new thread with 40 posts.

Vote: No Lynch
until I get some scumreads
ShadoWolf wrote:However, I'm
not too sure on any of these reads
being concrete, as this is only D1.
Emphasis mine. Now, I'm not sure what you make of it, Shado, but this to me looks like, well, to be obvious, using scumreads as a reason and then dismissing them anyway. Just saying.

shannon's content-mobile will be entering the station shortly, don't worry
I'll wait for you.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”