Tuniogen
Tuniogen
Goon
Tuniogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Post by Tuniogen »

Well, Slaxx totally murdered the third person thing I had going, so I'll be ceasing the Mafuyu-style posting now.

TwoHeadedBoy reads exactly how I would expect a Pie/Fugi hydra to read. Theoretical arguments, a hint of IoA, generally on-to-it reads. I've come to expect this from both of you individually, so it's no surprise to see you doing it as one entity. To answer your question, I think 2HB is town at the moment.

As for Yasuda, I'm personally unsure. Looking at his/her ISO, the only non-useless post is an appeal to LLD. I'm going to trust Slaxx's judgement for the time being.

Spoiler: Unrelated Nitpick
If you don't wish to use our full name when addressing us/mentioning us, call us "WIN". I don't like "Tuni".

Exe wrote:A) So? My reasoning exists in my head and I don't see any reason for anyone else to have to know it.
And this is why we want to lynch your anti-town ass today.

Richard.
Show
Tun - Tungsten
io - Iodine
gen - Nitrogen

Anyone with knowledge of the periodic table can work out the rest. :)
Yasuda
Yasuda
Townie
Yasuda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:04 pm

Post by Yasuda »

Note: I may be saying what has been said a thousand times over. It is, unless otherwise noted, unintentional, as Skimathon 2011 didn't lend much to remembering what's been said.
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:
PoS: Yasuda

Not sure how to feel about claiming timelines. Doesn't really help us too much, but I'm not going to scream and RAGE IN ALL CAPS if we decide to do it, either. Then again, I still haven't finished my first cup of coffee, so I'm not thinking straight.

~Pie
Not sure what the giant quivering penis of suspicion is for when you don't know how to feel about it. But, hey.
ShadoWolf wrote:
Beefster wrote:Pick someone and vote, or else don't vote. There's rarely a good reason to NL. The only decent time I've seen it was at MYLO in the game I modded.
Okay fine.

Unvote
WHY would you unvote? People might think you were lurking again!!!!!
themanhimself wrote:However, this is very true. As there's already enough pressure on ShadoWolf I'm going to VOTE: Elli until new information arises.
Because, you know, too much pressure on possible!scum is a bad thing.
FoS

ShadoWolf wrote:
Exe wrote:Scum with Shadowolf. Lynch #2 found.
Someone doesn't think exactly as he does so he FoS's him. That's kinda suspect.
CHAINSAW DEFENSE

i ought to read exe in ISO after this
Page 4 wrote:Look at XYZ!
There's a lot of "Take a look at XYZ" going on without the people saying it actually taking looks. It's not a great trend.
Tuniogen wrote:Tuniogen is confident, for the time being, in Exe being scum. Tuniogen could go into his ISO and do a PBPA, but Tuniogen feels such analysis would be moot. So, Tuniogen will simply quote his latest post (#108):
Exe wrote:You scum bro?
QFS: Quoted For Scumness.

VOTE: Exe
I don't get it. You say something's scummy, and then leave us to figure out how? What?
Beefster wrote:Or maybe that something is a vote. (
I still think Shado is scum, though.
He hasn't really made a breakthrough.)
unvote

VOTE: Ellibereth
Emphasis mine. So, if you think Shado is scum, WHY ARE YOU MOVING OFF HIM?

shannon's content-mobile will be docked in the station for some time on pages 6-9, with a departure time soon

i.e. covering p6-9 in a bit
I'll wait for you.
Yasuda
Yasuda
Townie
Yasuda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:12 pm

Post by Yasuda »

EBWOP: And by soon, I mean maybe tomorrow, it's way too fucking hot in here to think straight. But definitely by tomorrow.

Yeah.
I'll wait for you.
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:23 pm

Post by Exe »

THB wrote:This is some of the worst play I've ever seen
This is a bad reason to lynch someone.
Nice case scumboy.
Besides, I like my strat, you like yours. Too bad too sad.
Tuni wrote:And this is why we want to lynch your anti-town ass today.
I see no reason why wagoning the people I find scummy is anti-town. The only thing I am NOT doing that
might
be pro-town, is spending my time convincing others that my scum-reads are the correct ones.
However, that rarely works, so I got over that fad a while ago.

Two people want me dead for cases that really aren't "scum" but instead called "anti-town." And they call
my
play bad.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Do not expect me to play to a meta.
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:10 am

Post by mongoose »

VOTE: exe

I haven;t checked the thread in 24 hours, and all of a sudden I have 5 pages to read. This better not keep up. That or maybe I should check the thread more [/non-serious talk

Anyways, the cases for exe have already been stated, and this day has been exe vs. shado, with all the arguments based around which one is scummier. I've already explained my view on shado, and I honestly think nothing good will come out of that wagon. On the other hand, I really dont like exe at all. Mosts of the posts that are scummy have been described once or twice, and Im kinda in a rush, but you get the idea. Yeah, Im probably gonna get called out for not being helpful, but I really have nothing to add.
Go Hawkeyes!
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:32 am

Post by themanhimself »

My vote for ellibereth rather than shado was because I found it weird that two players did the same thing and one got attacked for it. I wasn't attempting to intentionally not put pressure on shado, I just thought ellibereth deserved some too since he did the same thing.
Exe wrote: I see no reason why wagoning the people I find scummy is anti-town.
I've seen people pull out this argument several times and to me it just reeks of trying to give yourself permission to be scummy which understandably is not really permissible.
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:05 am

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

GOD I'M SO
EXCITED
ABOUT THIS GAME, LET'S CATCH SOME SCUM GUYS WOO
Yasuda wrote:Not sure what the giant quivering penis of suspicion is for when you don't know how to feel about it. But, hey.
GENTLEMEN... BEHOLD... THE GIANT QUIVERING PENIS OF SUSPICION.
Exe wrote:
THB wrote:This is some of the worst play I've ever seen
This is a bad reason to lynch someone.
Nice case scumboy.
Apparently someone playing terribly, thus playing anti-town (really, when does someone playing badly
help
the town, as either faction?), is a bad reason to lynch. I'm going to go rethink my entire (yet short) mafia career now.

*ponder*

Okay, nope, still think that's bullshit.

I dunno bout my other head [for sure], but I'm all in for lynching you because you're aggressive scum trying to push an easy lynch while using "I don't have to explain my reasoning" as an easy way out for when you're called on anything later.

~Pie
Show
IIII LOOOOOVE YOOOUUU JESUUUUUUUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST

"Oi, I'm already sick of THB."
~ Cobblerfone
"That was... schitzophrenically entertaining."
~ Pine
"Fugi + Pie = I like life"
~ Parama
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:14 am

Post by Rena »

I wouldn't call somebody scummy for defending somebody else at this stage, Yasuda, I do, however, think it is worthy of taking note of for later in the game.

Exe
Exe wrote:But I definitely can't pass up the biggest wagon.
This is scummy because it is opportunistic. It definately shows that rather than read the game and formed his own point of view, Exe has just skimmed the game and looked at the latest vote count before sheeping the other players and trying to obtain a quicklynch.

He then goes on to vote Shado and claims it is not an RVS vote. This looks a lot like vote hopping because he doesn't explain why he believes Shado is scum and merely votes him. By doing this, he not only causes problems for his own slot but he makes Shado look bad because Shado can't defend himself for Exe's vote. Looking at his next post, it looks like this is just sheeping again because he QFT's Lambda's post - it seems to me that he was just waiting for a reason to come along for Shado's lynch that he could just jump on.

He then claims that themanhimself is scum with Shado, but again he doesn't explain why. This is scummy because it allows him to coast through the game and fencesit without giving his views properly. He does it again with THB and Tuni
Exe wrote:@Llamarble: Wrongo. Content is overrated
Lolwut? Scummy. Content is the only way we can catch scum without investigative roles putting their necks on the line by outting themselves.

Overall:
I think Exe would make a good day one lynch giving the evidence put in front of me.

I could also see CupCakePanda being scum. Now I'm torn between who I want to lynch today. The scum who is participating in the game, or at least trying to. Or the scum who isn't posting much content and seems to be preoccupied with whether or not Lambda is a trap...
V/LA at the weekend, except for modding duties.
Tuniogen
Tuniogen
Goon
Tuniogen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Tuniogen »

I think I would be confident lynching Exe on his stupid "lets play dumb about the setup" facade by itself.
Show
Tun - Tungsten
io - Iodine
gen - Nitrogen

Anyone with knowledge of the periodic table can work out the rest. :)
CupcakePanda
CupcakePanda
Goon
CupcakePanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:27 am

Post by CupcakePanda »

yoBdedaeHowT wrote:
adusaY wrote:.yeh ,tuB .ti tuoba leef ot woh wonk t'nod uoy nehw rof si noicipsus fo sinep gnireviuq tnaig eht tahw erus toN
.NOICIPSUS FO SINEP GNIREVIUQ TNAIG EHT ...DLOHEB ...NEMELTNEG
.noitapicitnA fo sineP gnireviuQ tnaiG eht htiw noicipsuS fo sineP gnireviuQ tnaiG eht pu xim syawla I
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:31 am

Post by themanhimself »

CupcakePanda wrote:
yoBdedaeHowT wrote:
adusaY wrote:.yeh ,tuB .ti tuoba leef ot woh wonk t'nod uoy nehw rof si noicipsus fo sinep gnireviuq tnaig eht tahw erus toN
.NOICIPSUS FO SINEP GNIREVIUQ TNAIG EHT ...DLOHEB ...NEMELTNEG
.noitapicitnA fo sineP gnireviuQ tnaiG eht htiw noicipsuS fo sineP gnireviuQ tnaiG eht pu xim syawla I
Lulz
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:51 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Tuniogen wrote:
Keeping my eye on Scott. THB caught it too. His shado vote seems off (I think thats where he was going with it).
How is it off? He said he really didn't want to appear he was lurking in this game. That is massively scummy to me. You are buddying THB pretty hard. Noted.

Also noting that after Exe took over as lead wagon, Shado has gotten very quiet, as if not to arouse suspicion again.

I think Exe is a prime suspect for opportunistic scum to jump on his wagon. The case really made of nothing other than playstyle (unless someone can show me differently, but that's all I really see). I need an updated VC to see who is on this wagon and then I will delve further into this.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
ShadoWolf
ShadoWolf
Townie
ShadoWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:13 am

Post by ShadoWolf »

Scott Brosius wrote:How is it off? He said he really didn't want to appear he was lurking in this game.
It's now massively scummy to attempt to change my meta?
Scott Brosius wrote:Also noting that after Exe took over as lead wagon, Shado has gotten very quiet, as if not to arouse suspicion again.
What the fuck. I went to bed, then I had college, then I came straight to this thread to post. I'm sorry if that constitutes "very quiet" to you. Sorry if this seems like an overreaction, but it's literally been about 17 hours since my last post, so you can't accuse me as being very quiet.
Yasuda wrote:Funny thing I noticed in my Skimathon 2011:
ShadoWolf wrote:Holy shit. I go to bed and there's now a whole new thread with 40 posts.

Vote: No Lynch
until I get some scumreads
ShadoWolf wrote:However, I'm
not too sure on any of these reads
being concrete, as this is only D1.
Emphasis mine. Now, I'm not sure what you make of it, Shado, but this to me looks like, well, to be obvious, using scumreads as a reason and then dismissing them anyway. Just saying.
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. I used lack of scumreads to place a NL vote, then I said that the scumreads I have are shaky because it's only D1. What point are you trying to make?
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Exe »

A few people are presenting a false dichotomy that today's lynch is me or shado. Just note that.
tmh wrote: it just reeks of trying to give yourself permission to be scummy
Maybe, like everyone else, your definition of "scummy" is outdated. As I said, no one presents
any
reason why my strategy is anti-town, except to repeatedly say it's antitown. As far as I've experienced, my strategy is quite useful to the town.
THB wrote:Apparently someone playing terribly, thus playing anti-town (really, when does someone playing badly help the town, as either faction?), is a bad reason to lynch.
This is crap. You should lynch scum, not "bad play." Anyone who has been in mafia for more than a week learns this. So why does arrogant old THB get to claim otherwise?
THB wrote:"I don't have to explain my reasoning" as an easy way out for when you're called on anything later.
See, this is exactly the argument that is stupid and outdated. You know EXACTLY where I stand. Shado is my scum suspect. You and Tuni are alternate-team scum suspects. In no way will I be able to claim anything otherwise lately.
Rena wrote:He then claims that themanhimself is scum with Shado, but again he doesn't explain why. This is scummy because it allows him to coast through the game and fencesit without giving his views properly.
HERP DERP apparently stating my EXACT VIEWS = fencesitting. Because I'm definitely not sure of my reads.
Tuni wrote:I think I would be confident lynching Exe on his stupid "lets play dumb about the setup" facade by itself.
^^This person makes assumptions about the setup. Tsk tsk.

Garr you guys made me post a Wall-o-text. That's just bad play. Don't expect many more of them.
Note: Weekends are my busiest time. Expect me to not post much from Friday to Sunday.

Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:37 am

Post by Exe »

FTR: I'd be happy to see a wagon on me, and even a lynch. That way everyone gets to see how many opportunistic players there are :D

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:43 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Exe wrote:A few people are presenting a false dichotomy that today's lynch is me or shado. Just note that.
Curious who? (i.e. I'm too lazy to look for myself).
FLASH OF GREEN
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Llama wrote: Ellibereth and Rena 'looking for their townreads' on Fate seems weird to me, but Fate is acting different from his play in my last game with him.
I always get a town read on Fatey. WITHIN POSTS. Makes me sad that I'm not getting it here yet...
Scott wrote:He said he really didn't want to appear he was lurking in this game. That is massively scummy to me.
aWhy?
FLASH OF GREEN
ShadoWolf
ShadoWolf
Townie
ShadoWolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:51 am

Post by ShadoWolf »

Exe wrote:See, this is exactly the argument that is stupid and outdated. You know EXACTLY where I stand. Shado is my scum suspect. You and Tuni are alternate-team scum suspects. In no way will I be able to claim anything otherwise lately.
Tuni wrote:I think I would be confident lynching Exe on his stupid "lets play dumb about the setup" facade by itself.
^^This person makes assumptions about the setup. Tsk tsk.
Tuni wrote:
MOD: Can you confirm that the 5 mafia listed in this semi open set up all share the same wincon, or are at least of the same faction?

Well duh. I can't have a 2-man team and a 3-man team in a 20p game, can I?
You are mod confirmed wrong. I'd reassess some things.
TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:54 am

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

Exe wrote:As I said, no one presents
any
reason why my strategy is anti-town, except to repeatedly say it's antitown.
Your strategy is anti-town because you're not giving any reasoning or insight, you're running around screaming THIS GUY IS SCUM LYNCH PLZ, which barely generates any discussion (barring the discussion concerning your eventual lynch because of this) or helps anyone else get any reads.

You're also tunneling on one player, expanding to others only when they're "connected" to this player (as well as defending yourself of course). That's scummy, or at the least, bad play.
Exe wrote:This is crap. You should lynch scum, not "bad play."
Good thing you're scum that's playing badly then. :U
Exe wrote:See, this is exactly the argument that is stupid and outdated. You know EXACTLY where I stand. Shado is my scum suspect. You and Tuni are alternate-team scum suspects. In no way will I be able to claim anything otherwise lately.
You can change your reasoning behind your vote depending if the wagon takes off/a lynch goes through, or if the wagon falls apart. It gives you an easy out either way.
Exe wrote:Garr you guys made me post a Wall-o-text.
That's a brick, at best.

~Pie
Show

~ Cobblerfone
~ Pine
~ Parama
TwoHeadedBoy
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
TwoHeadedBoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:54 am

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

EBWOP: Thanks for not answering our question, Scott.

~Pie
Show

~ Cobblerfone
~ Pine
~ Parama
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:09 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

I didn't really find a specific question from you pie? Just give thoughts on Player X or anyone you mentioned earlier? Plz quote if I missed it.
ShadoWolf wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote:How is it off? He said he really didn't want to appear he was lurking in this game.
It's now massively scummy to attempt to change my meta?
Scott Brosius wrote:Also noting that after Exe took over as lead wagon, Shado has gotten very quiet, as if not to arouse suspicion again.
What the fuck. I went to bed, then I had college, then I came straight to this thread to post. I'm sorry if that constitutes "very quiet" to you. Sorry if this seems like an overreaction, but it's literally been about 17 hours since my last post, so you can't accuse me as being very quiet.
Yasuda wrote:Funny thing I noticed in my Skimathon 2011:
ShadoWolf wrote:Holy shit. I go to bed and there's now a whole new thread with 40 posts.

Vote: No Lynch
until I get some scumreads
ShadoWolf wrote:However, I'm
not too sure on any of these reads
being concrete, as this is only D1.
Emphasis mine. Now, I'm not sure what you make of it, Shado, but this to me looks like, well, to be obvious, using scumreads as a reason and then dismissing them anyway. Just saying.
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. I used lack of scumreads to place a NL vote, then I said that the scumreads I have are shaky because it's only D1. What point are you trying to make?
Well, what role has the most to gain by not seeming lurky? Obviously scum. Also I suppose things are moving quicker in this game than I am used to given that I don't play large games that often. So it seemed like you hadn't posted in awhile.
Ellibereth wrote:
Exe wrote:A few people are presenting a false dichotomy that today's lynch is me or shado. Just note that.
Curious who? (i.e. I'm too lazy to look for myself).
Self-admitted laziness. Helpful.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:51 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

TwoHeadedBoy wrote: -Robocopter is flying under the radar while trying to seem helpful by just asking questions.
I'm trying a new playstyle. More shy and refined. Deal with it.

Exe didn't answer my question BTW.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Exe
Exe
Mafia Scum
Exe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:53 am

Post by Exe »

@THB: My strategy generates loads of useful discussion and avoids loads of unnecessary discussion. I get to see everyone's stance on other players clear as day. Your Analysis and Discussion strategy just lets the scum obfuscate their stance behind fancy words.

Hmm. Never saw the mod response on the previous page. Will have to reconsider.

@Robo: Which question? Because I distinctly remember answering a Q from you.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:15 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Robocopter87 wrote:7.8 eh? Not bad.

Can you give me your full case? All in one post please?
It wasnt a question, more of a request.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Scott wrote: Self-admitted laziness. Helpful.
I no rite.
Elli wrote:
Scott wrote:He said he really didn't want to appear he was lurking in this game. That is massively scummy to me.
aWhy?
FLASH OF GREEN

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”