Powerrox93

Implosion (0) -

nhammen (2) -
I Am Innocent, themanhimself

Saint (0) -

Not Voting (3) -
implosion, DarlaBlueEyes, nhammen

With 22 Alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is currently set for Thursday January 13, 2011 at 9:00 pm EST.
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

themanhimself wrote:I hate to be the guy that says this, but we've had
three
townie deaths today..... maybe a no lynch wouldn't be such a bad idea?
UNVOTE:
VOTE: themanhimself
No Lynch is only good when a game is at MyLo. And I would be
REEAALLYY
surprised if a large game where at MyLo already with three town deaths. Only scum would suggest No Lynch in non-MyLo-situations.
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:29 pm

Post by quadz08 »

SC: I see Saint as slightly scummy. I think he's trying to contribute, but his playstyle is difficult to read. In addition, it seems like his vote and scumreads have been all over the place, which I really don't like.

Additionally, WTFTMH??? No lynch = baaaaaad. And (like SC said) why suggest it if you're not in favor? That makes no sense. Consider this an
FoS
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:13 am

Post by Saint »

vote: TMH
for having me as his #1 suspect, yet voting someone who is not his #1 suspect
flawed logic
plus im town
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:17 am

Post by Saint »

also, quadz, scummy=/=scum
you must be reading me incorrectly
if there's anything i can verify for you, go right ahead
i don't believe i've even been voted this game, and i've been FoSed 4 times now. Every time, except for TMH, has lacked any reasoning.
TMH apologized for "his wall" which was really just entirely made up of one liners responding to null points whenever a wagon was put on him. I see that as scum forced to fake activity and wall posting.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

themanhimself wrote:
Powerrox93 wrote:With muh flipping town

VOTE: Parama

I'm going to believe muh on that one
I think muh flipping town was a null-read and I think it's looking for a mislynch to push parama about it so this vote has some scum on it.
This ISO's power level is over 9000!
themanhimself wrote: null read really... another null-read... it's just a null-read to me.
Heard of active lurking?

@RC: I don't think it's too late for a tmh wagon, but his recent behavior doesn't seem scummy, just stupid. Powerrox is scummier.

@Bunnylover:Kills resolve before cycles, removing abilities from the game. I think you can redo the math about massclaiming on your own.

@curious karma dog: very defensive behavior is scummy, because a scum player's survival is more important to his wincon than a town player's is to him. Admittedly it's not the best tell since town players still want to live, but there is a difference that can be exploited and read.

@diddin: If it's recharging, it'd bastard modding for there to be no way you can get a kill out of it again, virus or not, so I'd cycle accordingly.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:44 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Nero Cain wrote:CKD needs a hearse b/c he's dying.

We need unity. TMH or Powerox?
my vote is in the right place....(and this goes for WC too) Overreaction is scummy??? BULLSHIT...I have caught so many scum, pushing that shit as a case...but guess what...they cant explain why overreaction is scummy, or post a game where they have developed this theory...

WC/Nero...why is overreaction scummy? post a game where you found this to be true..and I will post you 5 games where I caught scum trying to push this...and 5 games DIFFERENT games, where townies "overreacted"...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:48 am

Post by themanhimself »

So is the main case people have against me the fact that I brought up a no lynch? Because I think that's being really over exaggerated. I brought it up as an idea that had pros and cons and I admitted as much. I honestly saw it as something to consider, I didn't push for it, I didn't vote for it nor did I try to distance myself from it. I said maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea and left it at that.

@Saint- I forgot I was voting at all, UNVOTE: nhammen, VOTE: Saint.
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:49 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

popsofctown wrote:@curious karma dog: very defensive behavior is scummy, because a scum player's survival is more important to his wincon than a town player's is to him. Admittedly it's not the best tell since town players still want to live, but there is a difference that can be exploited and read.
first of all I didnt overreact to anything..I saw something as scummy and jumped on it..second...check out my wiki...I have caught SOOOOOO many scum pushing this as a case against town...also, this is just how I play..I get angry..I cuss. That is how I got my title.....scum love, to say..."CKD is overreacting...or is too defensive is must be scum"...and I love catching them when they do....I would put MONEY on Nero being scum.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:22 am

Post by themanhimself »

popsofctown wrote:
themanhimself wrote: null read really... another null-read... it's just a null-read to me.
Heard of active lurking?
This is a fair point actually.
If P then Q.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:47 am

Post by q21 »

themanhimself wrote:
Powerrox93 wrote:
RedCoyote wrote:You mean you don't see it as in you don't agree with the case brought against him, or you don't see it as in the attacks aren't valid whatsoever?
I don't agree with the case brought against him.

@Mod:
Was UnofficialRulerOfEveryone supposed to be replaced?
-snip-

Literally every one of his posts after this is "Could someone state the actual case on Helghast?" which no one ever did and we ended up with a misvig. I don't see asking for a case to be distancing from a mislynch at all, he said he didn't see him as scummy but opened up the opportunity for someone to change his mind several times and no one did.
The nested quote from power kinda breaks the argument that he was looking for a case to be presented. He said that he didn't agree with the case, which means that in his mind a case was indeed presented. It, in fact, makes his later posts about wanting someone to put up a case contradictory and scummy.

And even without his actions around the vig, he's scummy. You, yourself admitted in the post I've quoted sections of above that power's Parama votes were scummy. What you don't seem to have done is look at those two votes together. His second Parama vote uses the first as justification. Justifying a vote with a previous, scummy vote compounds the scumminess hugely. He's scum, and you're either blind, or defending a buddy. Your no lynch comment supports the second opinion and I may yet be tempted to vote for you.
diddin wrote: How many times did we agree I was shooting people with a lot of votes (hint: not EC)? How many times did I say I didn't want someone else to claim and potentially out a stronger power role? It's like I'm talking to someone and whenever I make a point they stick their fingers in their ear and go LALALALALALA YOU'RE WRONG YOU'RE WRONG
How many time? Never. We never agreed that you were shooting people with alot of votes. You actually never mentioned votes when limiting who you wanted shot. Ever. The first time you mentioned that you weren't going to shoot anyone outside Helghast or WC (ISO 20) they were on 3 and 2 votes respectively, EC was on... also 2. When you said it again (ISO 29) the only change in that situation was that Helghast had gotten 1 more vote.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:30 am

Post by themanhimself »

My mind has actually been changed on Powerrox.
Powerrox93 wrote:
three
UNVOTE:
REEAALLYY
surprised if a large game where at MyLo already with three town deaths. Only scum would suggest No Lynch in non-MyLo-situations.
This newest post is just full of scum in my opinion. First off he completely misrepresents my no-lynch and then far over-exaggerates what he can read into it. But even scummier than that is the voting me at all. If he's town then he knows he needs to protect himself to win so he should know that people who defend him are being pro-town. This doesn't mean he should buddy up to me and never examine me again, but I should be reading pro-town to him. If he's scum, then he's just looking for the quickest way off of his own bandwagon possible and he doesn't care who defends him. Lastly, he completely ignores the case that has been brought against him, in favor of attacking me. That's scum trying to use misdirection and counter-accusations. When I was attacked I explained my reasoning thoroughly, whether or not you thought it was valid, it was at least well-explained.
popsofctown wrote:
Heard of active lurking?
I've already responded to this but in the interest of consolidating my case into a single post, I'll respond again. This is actually a really good point, a pattern I neglected to notice in reading power's iso. He's just playing everything close to his chest so as not to go one way or the other.
q21 wrote:
themanhimself wrote:
Powerrox93 wrote:
RedCoyote wrote:You mean you don't see it as in you don't agree with the case brought against him, or you don't see it as in the attacks aren't valid whatsoever?
I don't agree with the case brought against him.

@Mod:
Was UnofficialRulerOfEveryone supposed to be replaced?
-snip-

Literally every one of his posts after this is "Could someone state the actual case on Helghast?" which no one ever did and we ended up with a misvig. I don't see asking for a case to be distancing from a mislynch at all, he said he didn't see him as scummy but opened up the opportunity for someone to change his mind several times and no one did.
The nested quote from power kinda breaks the argument that he was looking for a case to be presented. He said that he didn't agree with the case, which means that in his mind a case was indeed presented. It, in fact, makes his later posts about wanting someone to put up a case contradictory and scummy.

And even without his actions around the vig, he's scummy. You, yourself admitted in the post I've quoted sections of above that power's Parama votes were scummy. What you don't seem to have done is look at those two votes together. His second Parama vote uses the first as justification. Justifying a vote with a previous, scummy vote compounds the scumminess hugely. He's scum, and you're either blind, or defending a buddy. Your no lynch comment supports the second opinion and I may yet be tempted to vote for you.
Again, a fair point. I think my problem when I read power's iso was not seeing his individual posts as a larger playstyle. Hence missing the active lurking and his contradiction is disagreeing with the case against helghast and then stating that there wasn't one. The parama vote was scummy and I've admitted that the whole time so I guess now I'm going to move saint and diddin down my list and VOTE: Powerrox93
If P then Q.
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:31 am

Post by themanhimself »

q21 wrote:
diddin wrote: How many times did we agree I was shooting people with a lot of votes (hint: not EC)? How many times did I say I didn't want someone else to claim and potentially out a stronger power role? It's like I'm talking to someone and whenever I make a point they stick their fingers in their ear and go LALALALALALA YOU'RE WRONG YOU'RE WRONG
How many time? Never. We never agreed that you were shooting people with alot of votes. You actually never mentioned votes when limiting who you wanted shot. Ever. The first time you mentioned that you weren't going to shoot anyone outside Helghast or WC (ISO 20) they were on 3 and 2 votes respectively, EC was on... also 2. When you said it again (ISO 29) the only change in that situation was that Helghast had gotten 1 more vote.
Also, totally agree with you here. Diddin is full of scum, unfortunately we're gonna want the dayvig ability so we can't lynch him today. I'm all for it tomorrow though.
If P then Q.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:20 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

The end of my busyness and inactivity is at an end!

Skimming back over posts previously, I still find early/mid D1 actions of WC to be a bit scummy, but as pointed out by many of you (and I honestly was too busy to notice on my own) diddin's narrowing it down to just those two, (and Helghast flipping town) make me cautious of outright lynching WC because I am more suspicious of diddin than him, and if diddin were scum, then he'd likely have narrowed it down to townies...unless of course (WIFOM!) he knew we'd come to this conclusion and actually chose his scum buddy WC because he hoped he might be able to swayit onto Helg, and if he had to vig WC he'd look grand for having hit a a scum, and ARGH. I hate WIFOM. Gives me headache.

Anyways, enough babbling, I am going to hold off on my vote of WC for now, and while part of me would like to see diddin hanged today, I concede that town or scum, he'd be useful to us for another dayvig (hopefully...)

and after that,
Powerrox93 wrote:
three
UNVOTE:
REEAALLYY
surprised if a large game where at MyLo already with three town deaths.
Only scum would suggest No Lynch in non-MyLo-situations.

Speaking of WIFOM - ffs.

vote: powerrox
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:22 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Saint wrote:
vote: TMH
for having me as his #1 suspect, yet voting someone who is not his #1 suspect
flawed logic
Reads change, Saint. I've done it as town too.
Saint wrote:plus im town
This tells us nothing.
Saint wrote:also, quadz, scummy=/=scum
you must be reading me incorrectly
That may be true, but you can't stab back with a mere "you're wrong." You've got to explain why it's pro-town in your case to do what you're doing.
themanhimself wrote:My mind has actually been changed on Powerrox.
Powerrox93 wrote:
three
UNVOTE:
REEAALLYY
This newest post is just full of scum in my opinion. First off he completely misrepresents my no-lynch and then far over-exaggerates what he can read into it. But even scummier than that is the voting me at all. If he's town then he knows he needs to protect himself to win so he should know that people who defend him are being pro-town. This doesn't mean he should buddy up to me and never examine me again, but I should be reading pro-town to him. If he's scum, then he's just looking for the quickest way off of his own bandwagon possible and he doesn't care who defends him. Lastly, he completely ignores the case that has been brought against him, in favor of attacking me. That's scum trying to use misdirection and counter-accusations. When I was attacked I explained my reasoning thoroughly, whether or not you thought it was valid, it was at least well-explained.
I don't see the problem with Powerrox93's post here and part of your counterattack is funny. You basically call self-preservation a town tell (not only is it actually a scum tell, but also there are a few town roles where it's actually best to
TRY
to get killed). I can see the part from "if he's scum" onward, though.

Preview edit:
Oh, that's right. I still don't see why we could consider no lynching outside of MYLO, though.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:31 am

Post by themanhimself »

Maybe this is just a difference in playstyles between us, SC. I see self-preservation as a null-read in general, but this type of self-preservation. If he was town then by protecting him I'm playing pro-town which should lend itself to at least not voting me next post. It's less about self-preservation and more about what we can deduce his actions to be if he is town and the fact that those hypothetical actions don't match what has occurred.
If P then Q.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Saint »

themanhimself wrote:So is the main case people have against me the fact that I brought up a no lynch? Because I think that's being really over exaggerated. I brought it up as an idea that had pros and cons and I admitted as much. I honestly saw it as something to consider, I didn't push for it, I didn't vote for it nor did I try to distance myself from it. I said maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea and left it at that.

@Saint- I forgot I was voting at all, UNVOTE: nhammen, VOTE: Saint.
likely story
you must be scum
town have no reason to not follow their votes

he then unvotes, votes powerrox
darla follow
hello scumteam
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Saint »

*s
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:09 am

Post by themanhimself »

I start voting powerrox, saint attacks me.
Hello scumteam.
If P then Q.
Saint
Saint
Mafia Scum
Saint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Saint »

i was already voting you, before that, hello not reading

furthermore, it's ON THIS PAGE LOL
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:36 am

Post by popsofctown »

The manhimself has produced further evidence that suggests powerrox is scum.

Vote: Powerrox
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:42 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

popsofctown wrote:
themanhimself wrote:I think what happened here was he read it as 'The Mod altered AntB to Neutral Survivor' since Eruci is the mod name in this game. I'm more suspicious of pops' reaction in that situation.
That's the same misread I made. I just didn't explain it in as much detail because I'm not as paranoid.
So does this mean you find CKD suspicious?

I like MOI's Post 476, particularly his arguments against Pops.
popsofctown wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@MOD – Please confirm that Mafia members are prohibited from trying to pass a Cycling Power to a player they will use their Factional kill on.

@Pops
– I’ll be addressing your responses that started at 445 but as I addressed above a large part of your arguments about Diddin as scum eliminating the abilities I think are invalid. In 1040 when NoPoint as scum was passed the Vig power he was prevented from passing it to either myself or LMP (the Factional and Vig shots that night). I don’t see anything in Mod’s rules the demonstrate this process had changed. If I am correct in my thoughts than any argument that follows the line that 'we lynch Diddin if we think he is scum because he'll just pass the ability to a dead player' are invalid.
That's not anywhere in the rules of this game. I'll be rather upset if it's an "invisible" rule.
Why, maybe it is a scenario the mod overlooked? Wouldn't a ruling in that fashion be protown, so why be upset?
popsofctown wrote:Lurking is a weak scumtell and generally a promise not to be readable for the rest of the game. I will target a lurker if I don't find someone significantly scummier in the town. (They have to be significantly scummier, to overrule the other reason for lynching lurkers, that they tend not to be readable for the entire game).
My philosophy on lurkers is that 1) they are easy targets for scum to go after and 2) if they are town and lurking, chances are they are usually disinterested and will be replaced. So attacking lurkers early on in the game, like D1, seems either counter-productive, or scummy.
popsofctown wrote:We'll disagree then. I think connecting players before actually identifying them as scum is massively difficult and take no stock in it.
You disagree with me too then. Not saying that the game is in the bag with this technique, but even randomly lynching people we will stumble on a scum or two along the way. At that point, you have CONFIRMED INNOCENTS of anyone who passed a power to them, or got a power passed from them. This could be huge at endgame, and to take "no stock" in it feels scummy.
popsofctown wrote:You should go hang out with chkflip and read past games and wikis so you two can skip reading rules and lose games. You had pages and pages to clarify this point, and now your mistake has wasted a lot of time and energy.
The first sentence I find very scummy. Trying to discredit other players is a favorite tell I use to catch scum.
quadz08 wrote:
IAI 244 wrote:Side note, I agreed with most of quadz's post 240, then some of the players he questions that I totally agreed with the line of questioning (EC, theman) were not in his top 3. A bit suspicious.
I didn't have anything else to say about my top 3 than what I had already said. Not much else to it.[/area]
Does this mean the expanded Top X list of yours would have included these players that you questioned in 240?
quadz08 wrote:diddin, IAI's catch on ckd is not a good catch. I think that's a completely understandable misunderstanding.
That is to still be determined. Let's just say I will be watching both he and Pops a little closer now.
quadz08 wrote:chkflip: post 417 is a pretty solid post. Town points for that one.

Reading IAI's response post, perhaps it's not as strong as I first thought. Well done, IAI.
Thanks for the reminder. I went back and saw chkflip did post since my rebuttal to him, but said nothing about my response. Just voted for Pops on Page 19. A quick ISO shows nothing since either, just a counter argument to MOI.

Still catching up, will hopefully finish up tonight.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Bunnylover »

@Pops: Yeah, I see the error of the plan D:.
Still reading, I read slow ._.
Unvote
Since I don't even know why Snake has voted MoI yet.
I've been reading page 28 (just skipped their), and apparently the case on TheManHimself is that he wanted a no lynch for already having 3 dead townies.
The only time I've done a no lynch was in a game with two mafia teams with 3 members each on the first day.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:47 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

What page are you on now and what are your current scum reads?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I Am Innocent wrote:
popsofctown wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@MOD – Please confirm that Mafia members are prohibited from trying to pass a Cycling Power to a player they will use their Factional kill on.

@Pops
– I’ll be addressing your responses that started at 445 but as I addressed above a large part of your arguments about Diddin as scum eliminating the abilities I think are invalid. In 1040 when NoPoint as scum was passed the Vig power he was prevented from passing it to either myself or LMP (the Factional and Vig shots that night). I don’t see anything in Mod’s rules the demonstrate this process had changed. If I am correct in my thoughts than any argument that follows the line that 'we lynch Diddin if we think he is scum because he'll just pass the ability to a dead player' are invalid.
That's not anywhere in the rules of this game. I'll be rather upset if it's an "invisible" rule.
Why, maybe it is a scenario the mod overlooked? Wouldn't a ruling in that fashion be protown, so why be upset?
Upset as in angered, not upset as in sad. I would be ticked at the mod for letting me go so many pages planning strategy based on the rules provided if his original intent was different and ticked that he didn't write the rules correctly in the first place.
I would probably be too irked at the bad modding to bother rejoicing.
I Am Innocent wrote:
popsofctown wrote:Lurking is a weak scumtell and generally a promise not to be readable for the rest of the game. I will target a lurker if I don't find someone significantly scummier in the town. (They have to be significantly scummier, to overrule the other reason for lynching lurkers, that they tend not to be readable for the entire game).
My philosophy on lurkers is that 1) they are easy targets for scum to go after and 2) if they are town and lurking, chances are they are usually disinterested and will be replaced. So attacking lurkers early on in the game, like D1, seems either counter-productive, or scummy.
Generally I only will lynch a lurker if he seems like he will not be replaced.

I still don't understand this phrase, "easy target", that I've heard all across mafiascum. What does it mean?

Aren't scum easier to attack than other players? So then wouldn't being an easy target be correlated with being scummy? So why would it ever be used as an argument, ever?
IAmInnocent wrote:
popsofctown wrote:We'll disagree then. I think connecting players before actually identifying them as scum is massively difficult and take no stock in it.
You disagree with me too then. Not saying that the game is in the bag with this technique, but even randomly lynching people we will stumble on a scum or two along the way. At that point, you have CONFIRMED INNOCENTS of anyone who passed a power to them, or got a power passed from them. This could be huge at endgame, and to take "no stock" in it feels scummy.
I clarified that comment in one of my longer posts, you are arguing against it in its original state. Are you reading the thread?
IAmInnocent wrote:
popsofctown wrote:You should go hang out with chkflip and read past games and wikis so you two can skip reading rules and lose games. You had pages and pages to clarify this point, and now your mistake has wasted a lot of time and energy.
The first sentence I find very scummy. Trying to discredit other players is a favorite tell I use to catch scum.
Sorry, I forgot the sarcasm tags. The first sentence was sarcastic. You must have read it as me telling those two players to go read games to get better as mafia. Read the first sentence as sarcasm, and you'll see that I'm referring to the fact they both prefer outside sources of rules info over the rules info provided ingame. The sentence will make a lot more sense that way.

If you read the post correctly to begin with, then the charge of me "discrediting" other players is rather invalid, I'm upset about a specific incident and a narrow flaw.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”